Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 25, 2017 4:11 AM

Jul 2013
I wouldn't have been able to watch this much less know anything about it if not for Netflix. So thanks Netflix!

It is very beautiful visually and aesthetically.

Goddamn I don't know if Katou is a lucky bastard for having a smoking hot milf in her early 20s fall heads over heels for him despite only spending a couple of hours with her and him being only 17, holy shit this kid's got game, or he's shit out of luck for surviving that death game only to come back again after I don't know probably a couple of months.

Anyways I like it. Mostly because of Anzu cause holy shit to hell with these high school girls and lolis as heroine, bout time we get some older mature babe.

Aug 12, 2017 6:31 PM

Dec 2016
All I gotta say is the animation for this is fucking incredible!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 29, 2017 10:15 PM

May 2016
Had to say I found it pretty enjoyable to watch. At first glance it was a bit hard getting use to the CG, but since it's a movie, the quality of the CG was great.

I hope they decide to adapt the rest of the series as Gantz:1 seems to flow...

Makes me want to read the manga just so I can get more of this series

Dec 23, 2017 12:27 AM

Sep 2013
Damn, that was awesome! I really hope they do more!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 26, 2018 2:32 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I watched this not expecting much and was actually surprised. a very decent adaptation. They changed the story some, but it's actually ok because it can stand alone as a movie and my friend who hasn't read the manga like I have, enjoyed himself.

The CGI is very good. If only all anime CGI could look like this! And they absolutely nailed Reika, who IMO is one of the most beautiful character designs ever done in manga and anime.

I hope we get a couple of sequels out of this.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 14, 2018 1:47 PM

May 2013
Ok movie liked manga more. I'm a bit disappointed that they changed so much from the manga, and i am not really big fan of CGI .

Mar 24, 2018 12:28 AM

Jul 2009
What a surprisingly great movie!

Tbh this is definitely better than it was expected. What I like is how they used actual voice actors and how it fit everyone.

Saori Hayami as Reika is perfect! Same with Ikeda as Suzuki and Daisuke Ono as Katou.

Did not like Yuji Kaiji as Kurono Kei. Like seriously, couldn't you get another seiyuu that's not mainstream?

Also, while the movie has great CGI and surprisingly fit Gantz world so well. I feel that the movie was made only for those who have read the manga up until Osaka arc and beyond.

If I didn't read the manga, I wouldn't have known why Katou was special and how Kurono plays a pivotal role. Also, they removed tons of characters and focus mainly on Katou, Reika, Anzu, Suzuki, Nishiki and Osaka. I'm pretty sure there are others that are supposed to be there.

Also, wasn't there supposed to be a sex scene with the boob lady monster?

Anyways, it was a great arc. And definitely did much better than what Berserk did with the Anime CGI.

Still gorgeous to look like, and I fucking knew they would put some jiggle for Reika and Anzu. I just fucking knew it :)

Still, I highly recommend reading the manga either way for those who didn't read it yet. You'll missed out a lot of details just by watching this movie. The final boss was really such a bitch to kill.

I give it 8/10 just because for cutting a lot of details. But VA, CGI,Animation and even the OST was really superb and fit the Gantz world.

Apr 2, 2018 7:48 PM

Jun 2014
damn, the production quality here blasts lightyears beyond all the previously established "god-tier" levels of animation. The level of realism almost doesnt fit the label of "anime" anymore.

My only complaint is that the pacing and story arrangement is really awful. But I wasnt expecting much out of a 90minute film anyway.
Nov 26, 2018 10:20 PM
Oct 2015
I really liked the movie, even though there were some huge changes from the manga. Osaka arc was one of the best in the manga. But the thing I didn't like the most was the absence of Kurono as the main character(still he got a badass entry at the beginning!!). Sakurai and Sakata were also neglected. Reika was good, I really liked her. Anzu??.... Not so much. Sakuraoka is the best girl from GANTZ!!
The fight scenes were top-notch. I didn't think they can pull this over with CGI. The cast was absolutely perfect. Yuki Kaji as Kurono, nailed it!! I wish they could make a sequel with Kurono returning as the main character.
My rating: GOOD (7/10)
Jan 20, 2019 11:48 AM

Dec 2017
ignoring the fact that they altered the story that much, this movie was simply amazing. mostly the animation had me in ave, just outstanding

the fights and choreography were awesome as well. this animation was just a perfect fit for osaka arc, the art of the monsters is just simply too difficult to animate without using cg, but this one outdone itself
Apr 5, 2019 5:27 AM
Jan 2017
whoa whoa whaoa,, what a great anime i watch here,, theis was great CG,, Character desaign,, Good motion and good story,, im very love it,,

strory is about the teenager who died bye save people and he enter the Gants game that make him must survive to got the point and make the bonuse from that,, yeah the fight was very epic here,, the bost battle look very hard level to defeat,, but finaly he can do that to revive his dead friend that make a promise with him before,, but the truth was revealed that he once ever clear the game with his school friend Kei and choose to freedom , but once again he back to the game after his second death and at last he back to his brother house,,
end,,
this is very enjoyfull ..
9/10
Jul 22, 2019 2:24 PM

Jan 2018
That movie was fucking amazing. Had a nice English dub aswell. I gotta get with the manga now, 9/10.
Nov 17, 2019 1:28 AM
Dec 2009
It was definitely weird not seeing Kurono, but this was a surprisingly good movie. I hope Gantz gets fully animated like this.
Malloween Candies (2023):
6 main candies
Nov 24, 2019 6:05 PM

Jun 2017
I loved the animation! I didn't really get some of the movie though which may be because I haven't read the manga yet, but it was still good!
Jan 7, 2020 7:33 PM

May 2016
I'm currently at the final arc of the manga and I suppose that it'd be a better idea to watch the movie adaptation of the Osaka Arc before I finish the source material and this was great. I'm not planning on watching the anime anytime soon but this movie is truly the best Gantz has to offer in a different medium.

Hearing the playful morning radio exercise routine from Gantz and those sci-fi sound effects of the weapons and vehicles for the very first time was a great and seeing Kato and pals along with Team Osaka fight their way through the Nurarihyon army animated in fluid and actually good CGI was very exciting. The darkness made it pretty hard to see what's going on but it captured the tense and dreadful atmosphere that comes with fighting the unknown threat late at night. It was also very interesting to find out that other characters in the manga that's died already was also shown in the deceased board.

The only downside to this is that they excluded a lot of characters in this adaptation like the vampires and it was a shame especially after finding out that they killed Muscle Rider Kaze and his #1 Disciple Takeshi off before the Oni Alien mission that ended up killing Kurono in the movie considering how great their scenes were in the story. Not including the misfits of Team Osaka made them more bearable but it was less amusing since there weren't anyone there who was able to humiliate the boss monster in his titty monster form.

One thing I can appreciate from the changes was Kato taking it upon himself to resurrect Anzu since it made their relationship all the more meaningful and emotional. The ending could've been less menacing and ambiguous too.

If they're going to readapt Gantz, they should definitely do it in this style!

Jan 26, 2020 3:30 PM
Apr 2017
I honestly don't know anything about Gantz, manga nor anime series. And I can't say I know something after watching this. From the visual pespective, it was f'ing incredible, possibly the best CGI I've seen yet. I truly enjoyed it, but didn't understand much. Idk if it's meant to be like "okay, this is how it is, don't try to think something more of it'", but the movie surely doesn't explain very much of what's going on. And oh my god, I got completely lost during the last scene with all the people in "the room."
Apr 15, 2020 10:51 AM

Jul 2011
Pretty nice to have an animation of the Nurarihyon arc.
The CGI was pretty good too.
Aug 14, 2020 11:07 PM

Mar 2019
Good companion to the manga adapting at least part of an arc that never got animated before. Great CGI and action sequences but like i said, it's a companion and people unfamiliar with the original material will surely get lost, and yeah that girl getting the hots for the guy so sudden and out of place, overall bad narrative and character development judging the movie in a vacuum.
Would love to see more of the manga get adapted like this.
Aug 26, 2020 9:15 PM

Jan 2011
while i really enjoyed the movie, gotta say i missed the scene of Kuwabara rocking the aliens world, that was one of the most insane things about the arc
Oct 25, 2020 12:03 AM
Oct 2020
รักตัวระครนี้มากๆ
Nov 29, 2020 8:31 AM

Jul 2017
Watched it Today Again. Great Movie. This is one of my childhood series that still is entertaining and re watchable. The Young mother was cringy in some parts. The action was top notch.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hey there

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 2, 2021 6:39 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Watched it 5 years after it was made and I really liked it. The CG was outstanding and the voice acting was spot on. This movie was crafted with enough care that it holds up totally today. 8/10
Feb 24, 2022 7:59 AM

Oct 2015
i could only ask a full adaptation with this type of animation, shit was great, makes me want to reread the manga despite already knowing the dogshit ending ahead
Mar 22, 2022 1:07 PM

Nov 2016
It's nothing short of a shame that many team Tokyo folks including Host Samurai and drug addict and rapist from team Osaka weren't featured. There are many reasons to prefer the manga and having virtually no limits when it comes to depicting fucked up shit is one of them. The titty monster wasn't as crazy as I remembered it to be either, god damnit. What this movie lacked in characters obscenity it made up with insane action. The CGI animation was a treat.

Nurahiyon was almost as creepy and as much of a pest as while reading this arc.

If there's one thing they should've cut it's Kato x Yamasaki. The half assed version without context just felt cheap.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 3, 2022 11:36 PM

Sep 2018
That was an absolute blast to watch, Gantz universe has some seriously cool and fucked up creatures. 9/10 for pure adrenaline rushed action flick.

One of the rare manga that I wish to read.
Oct 31, 2022 4:01 PM
Jul 2020
i fell asleep

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nov 8, 2022 9:38 PM

May 2015
This movie was so good! The way the two teams handled the aliens and how they differed was interesting. I'm glad that Kato survived and revived Yamasaki
Dec 2, 2022 10:43 AM
Dec 2022
perfecta pelicula
Mar 19, 2023 4:58 AM

Aug 2018
pretty cool i guess, nice jiggle physics and what not
Sep 8, 2023 10:15 AM

Nov 2010
Reika & Anzu were both so beautiful! Especially Reika. She's my ideal woman in terms of looks! I want to screw her hard while I fondle her juicy jugs!
Oka is a freaking badass! He has a mech and an Exo suit. His suit looked so cool! It looked like Gigas from Tekken.
I love Nurarihyon's final form. I wish I could look like that and be as powerful in real life!

Damn, this movie was awesome! I enjoyed it from start to finish. There was almost non-stop action! The 3D is also one of the best I've seen! I wish they made more Gantz movies of this quality. I also like the twist at the end. A trilogy would be much appreciated! I want to see them beat Gantz once and for all.
Oct 13, 2023 10:58 AM
Mar 2021
If anyones been reading the manga and wondered what the 3d version of a Gantz inspired anime is like then you'll like this movie If you didn't like the Gantz anime.
Feb 18, 8:07 PM

Jan 2020
Good graphics...
May 13, 11:14 PM

Dec 2019
Final twist is genuinely so amazing with context from the manga surrounding Kei's and Kato's dynamic. Actually in shock at how good it was.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» How is kato alive?

FrontierAK - Jun 10, 2017

6 by MalyRBT »»
Jan 5, 2023 2:12 PM

» Do I need to watch Gantz or read the manga to watch Gantz:0?

_juno - Mar 5, 2017

11 by Maxto21 »»
Nov 9, 2022 3:53 AM

Poll: » Kato or Kei as the MC?

cHowaito - May 9, 2019

0 by cHowaito »»
May 9, 2019 12:17 AM

» budget?

guy550 - Apr 1, 2017

0 by guy550 »»
Apr 1, 2017 2:22 PM

» Osaka arc..

Kaziki - Oct 17, 2016

4 by Rod_Russ »»
Mar 3, 2017 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.