Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 2, 2016 1:23 PM

Jan 2009
In our constant banteringunfaltering efforts to provide more accurate and clear definitions, this thread is for our definition workgroup on EGs, and well I think you all noticed there hadn't been an official definition for EG as of yet, that's what we are here for.

[IMAGEPLACEHOLDERforWORKGROUP2016.gif]

Last time I did this I wanted to ask around and discuss some common beliefs we all shared on the subject of Kuudere, but that was that, I think we know a lot about the Kuudere so moving onto the subject of emotionless.

What we know about the Emotionless:

-1 of the 4 major groups that comprise the entire database.

-The largest of them if only by a small difference (41-36%), followed by kuuderes themselves (38-35%)

-Most people still refer to EGs as kuuderes and they are lumped together, but we need to tell them apart, because of the club name.

So one of the things we need to clear up is, and I say we because I can't do this arbitrarily, to decide, whether EGs are a separate group of their own, or we should deal with the emotionless concept as a trait.

First of all, I think we all agree that:

1. EGs are EGs because their emotions won't show, so whether they have them or not, whether they lost them or had them sealed away, got their amygdalas chemically excised and whathaveyou.

All these things are always irrelevant to the definition. (for subtypes, yes, but not to our definition).

2. EGs invariably can and actually will be cool.

The reason for this is that EGs, just for being EGs, always score in two of the main criteria for Kuudere, those being 1 and 4, so that's almost a given for each and every EG that there is, any additional score is a plus, but almost always there, what's for certain is that they pretty much have "Kuudere traits" by default.

Which means they "could" be both, Kuudere and EGs at the same time, but a Kuudere can be only a Kuudere and doesn't needs to be an EG, because actually, not all Kuuderes are EGs.

this is probably hard to understand without a visual aid, but it'd be something like this:

[BROKEN_LINK]

Fact: Being an EG grants a natural advantage on the Kuudere scale.

3. EGs are accepted just because of the emotionless trait, disregarding everything else.

Because it's on the club title, and also on the club description, I think it's the best and probably the only reason why they would need to be a separate group.

What I think:

Keep EGs as a major group, but not immiscible, so that they can possess Cool or Dan traits, but still remain EGs, because the EG group would supercede the others, which means that even if they have cool or dan traits they wouldn't be counted as one of either group, because they would go in the EG group.

That way, the EGs are still eligible by default, but it leaves other girls like Lelei or Merry (recent borderline case) alone, so that they can be grouped elsewhere and we can say that they are at least EG-like because they have EG traits PLUS other cool or dan traits that help their cause and then can be entered as cool or dan.

Facts are based on statistically significant data from what we have collected thus far with the help of anidb and animecharactersdatabase.

Inside the spoiler there's some data for the proposed subtypes (Work in progress):

The assumption is, that if a girl is an EG, she will match one or more of the subtypes, so here's what we would be looking for:

DrMondaiNashiSep 17, 2023 9:04 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 6, 2016 10:14 PM

Jul 2012
Wow very detailed break down, good work!
Dec 8, 2016 10:50 AM

Jan 2009
The entire process of sampling and operationalization of this particular group took literally years to complete and tipify within the system, not saying the results are perfect, but we are as close as we can possibly get.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Kuudere, dandere, introverted and logical female love stories romance

kiwi0fruit - Sep 4, 2020

12 by kiwi0fruit »»
Apr 17, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Are robot waifus acceptable in this club?

Lennuh - Sep 12, 2023

3 by DrMondaiNashi »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:21 AM

» Kuudere is (Not) a Personality

DrMondaiNashi - Nov 29, 2022

0 by DrMondaiNashi »»
Nov 29, 2022 8:41 AM

» The Neglected Group: Dandere

DrMondaiNashi - Jan 13, 2018

12 by DrMondaiNashi »»
May 31, 2022 6:02 PM

» Who are your favorite kuudere or dandere character(s)? ( 1 2 3 4 )

EtherSword - Mar 22, 2009

164 by Spicelit »»
May 15, 2021 10:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.