Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 1, 2016 12:12 PM

Apr 2009
Welcome everybody to the first annual Uber-Elitist Awards!

The year is ending shortly and we thought that this should not only be the time for Secret Santa’s, Christmas feasts and presents, but also for the obligatory end-of-the-year awards that everybody uses to fake interest in your opinion! However, we actually care and know all of your deepest desires… to watch good anime from the e-list and the worst seasonals of the year to make up for all the quality you discovered/got recommended in our club! Therefore the Illuminati secret world domination council..er… mod team + select core members…er.. over two dozens of very talented, handsome individuals got together and created a few award categories befitting for this club so we can all vote, discuss, praise and lament 2016 in a fitting manner.

The first few awards will be used to determine the worst seasonals and culminate in the crowning of the very worst of 2016 before we move on to more pleasant things. There will be a few smaller awards about best music, surprising shows, etc. before we move on to crown the (in our opinion) best anime of 2016 before we actually wager a gamble on the future of anime in 2017! Please not that we tried to nominate seasonals just in one category pertaining to the quality of said show this year as it would be silly for a potential worst seasonal to be both in the list of average shows and top anime this year.
The polling will be held via an external site, which will host all the awards in form of a survey that will take a few minutes to be completed. It will go on for the entirety of December, with the results being revealed by a then most likely hungover me on January 1st or 2nd. Also, different awards will allow you to vote for a different amount of entries, this will be specified in the survey! Have fun voting and enjoy.

You can vote here!

But if you want to inform yourself first before voting, here are your nominees:

The "Ventris" Award for Worst LN Show 2016 – 1 Winner, 2 runner ups, 3 votes
It’s no secret that we all love ourselves some terrible LNs once in a while as a guilty pleasure, but which one was the worst? Our curators selected a few truly terrifying titles that will test your patience with guilty pleasures in more than one way – endless boring exposition, bad ecchi scenes, generic MCs, we got it all!
Koyomimonogatari
Schwarzesmarken
Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season
Hundred
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Masou Gakuen HxH
Kubikiri Cycle: Aoiro Savant to Zaregototsukai (Zaregoto)
Occultic;Nine

The "Kishi Seiji" Award for Worst Other Adaption Of 2016 - 1 Winner, 2 runner ups, 3 votes
As the title suggests, a show is not only bad because of one medium – it can just as much fall victim to the incapable writing of people in another medium, or due to the lack of understanding of the staff at hand. Here are some shows where we really felt those deficiencies.
Big Order (TV)
Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! (Phoenix Wright)
Taboo Tattoo
Berserk (2016)
Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen (Applies to both adaptions)
Rewrite
Hatsukoi Monster
Okusama ga Seitokaichou!+!
Nanbaka
Bloodivores
Luck & Logic

The “Written by that terrible Shirobako director” Award for Worst Original Show 2016 – 1 winner, 2 runner ups, 3 votes
But still, a show can just be bad without the help of subpar source material or adaption problems. These handpicked shows are more than proof of that, some featuring very bad production values while others have a script that seems written under the influence of various drugs of very poor quality.
Sushi Police
Mayoiga
Kiznaiver
Endride
Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song
Qualidea Code
Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars
Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls
ClassicaLoid
Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori

The "David" Award for Shittiest Seasonal 2016 - 1 winner, 9 runner ups, 5 votes
We already crowned the winners of three subcategories, but now it is time for an all-out brawl! All the finalists of the past 3 awards are assembled and it’s your choice who shall take the crown of worst seasonal 2016 – a tough choice, but a very important one!
Koyomimonogatari
Schwarzesmarken
Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season
Hundred
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Masou Gakuen HxH
Kubikiri Cycle: Aoiro Savant to Zaregototsukai (Zaregoto)
Occultic;Nine
Big Order (TV)
Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! (Phoenix Wright)
Taboo Tattoo
Berserk (2016)
Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen (Both adaptions)
Rewrite
Hatsukoi Monster
Okusama ga Seitokaichou!+!
Nanbaka
Bloodivores
Luck & Logic
Sushi Police
Mayoiga
Kiznaiver
Endride
Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song
Qualidea Code
Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars
Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls
ClassicaLoid
Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori

The "Seo Kouji" Award for Crappiest Manga That Got Published In 2016 - 1 winner, 1 runner up, 1 vote
We know that manga is not exactly a popular medium on MAL, but still felt that some of the ongoing, popular manga that either ended or had some “shocking” twist in 2016 deserved to get special recognition for their general awfulness.
Bleach
Nisekoi
Fuuka
Attack on Titan

The “Generic-kun” Award for Average, But Somehow Really Popular Show In 2016 – 1 winner, 2 runner ups, 3 votes
2016 had a lot of shows that gained quite a bit of popularity. Some are controversial, some not, but despite their overall reputation within the community we thought they were just… well, average. Boring. Kinda forgettable. So uh.. we really don’t have anything else to say about them, honestly.
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Boku no Hero Academia
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
Bungou Stray Dogs
Joker Game
ReLIFE
Orange
91 Days
Ajin

The "Nidhugger" Award for Best Mahou Shoujo In 2016 - 1 winner, 2 runner ups, 3 votes
Hey, Nidhoeggr here. I really haven’t much to say about this award except that I really like magical girl shows and kinda forced this to be in here. Don’t judge me. Watch magical girl shows instead. I mean, Cardcaptor Sakura is getting a new anime in 2018…
Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R
Mahoutsukai Precure!
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!!
Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE! LOVE!
Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
Flip Flappers
Soushin Shoujo Matoi

The “Baki” Award for Best Short In 2016 – 1 winner, 2 runner ups, 3 votes
Let’s keep this short and sweet like the shows in this category.
Nijiiro Days
Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko Everything Flows
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan TV
Uchuu Patrol Luluco
Onara Gorou
Gakuen Handsome
To Be Hero
Onigiri
Ojisan to Marshmallow
Anitore XX
Show By Rock Short

The “Initial D on Exin’s Spotify” Award for Best Anime Theme Of 2016 – 1 winner, 4 runner ups, 5 votes
Anime music is great at times, but why aren’t you listening to Eurobeat instead?! Anyway, here are some tracks which are kind of cool.
Flip Flappers ED
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai OP1
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai ED
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III ED2
Mob Psycho 100 OP
Show By Rock!! # OP
Joker Game OP
Sakamoto desu ga? OP
Tiger Mask W OP
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu OP
Yuri!!! on Ice OP
Drifters OP
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt ED2
Mayoiga Unlucky Hippopotamus Song
3-gatsu no Lion OP
Flying Witch OP
Amanchu! OP
An option for more Eurobeat because I like other songs moreEurobeat is amazing

The “We really just want to award one of these anime with an award” Award for Best …….. 2016! – 1 winner, 2 runner ups, 3 votes
You know… Sometimes we just want to be hipsters or praise some random anime nobody else has watched or liked. I mean, when you watch so many anime you get kind of weird. Are they even all from 2016?!
Tiger Mask W
12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki
Dance with Devils
Active Raid: Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hachi Gakari
Kuromukuro
Rilu Rilu Fairilu: Yousei no Door
ViVid Strike!
Bubuki Buranki
Stella no Mahou

The „ZetaZaku“ Award for Most Surprisingly Good Show Of 2016 – 1 winner, 2 runner ups, 3 votes
Sometimes shows surprise even jaded, cynical veterans like us. Some of the following entries were expected to be trash, but turned out to be surprisingly fun. Others are entries in a franchise that show a surprising return to form or who simply did their best to deliver an above average experience that kinda flew under the radar. In any case, we believe they deserve some love from the community.
Show By Rock!! #
Gi(a)rlish Number
Keijo!!!!!!!!
Watashi ga Motete Dousunda
New Game!
Macross Δ
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
Oshiete! Galko-chan
Shuumatsu no Izetta
Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?

The "Highly Prestigious, Very Valuable, Totally Awesome" Award for Best Show In 2016 - 1 winner, 9 runner ups, 5 votes
Do we really need to describe just how much prestige, how much eternal glory rests upon this award? No, we don’t. We know this is your most important decision this year. Choose wisely.
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Sakamoto desu ga?
Flying Witch
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai
Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season
Macross Δ
Mob Psycho 100
Amaama to Inazuma
Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara
Amanchu!
Yuri!!! on Ice
3-gatsu no Lion
Flip Flappers
Natsume Yuujinchou Go
Gi(a)rlish Number
Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari
Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou
Drifters

The "Drunk Nostradamus" Award for the Show That will Most Likely Suck In 2017 - 1 winner, 2 runner ups, 3 votes
Some people are in fear because of Brexit, some people fear President Donald J. Trump, but Nostradamus knows what the worst fear is for most people in this club! … At least he thinks he knows, peering into the future somehow caused him to drink several bottles of vodka over these past few days. Maybe you can help him… ?! (Note that we only use series who are confirmed to air in 2017 so far.)
ChäoS;Child
Fuuka
Youjo Senki
Akiba's Trip The Animation
Kuzu no Honkai
Hand Shakers
Super Lovers 2
Eromanga-sensei
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭
Berserk (2017)

Once again, thanks for participating!
NidhoeggrDec 1, 2016 1:12 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 1, 2016 12:57 PM

Oct 2012
Finished voting. Team JUSTICE will win! Don't forget to vote for JUSTICE! Worst show of 2016 needs some JUSTICE!
Dec 1, 2016 12:59 PM

Apr 2009
Ducat_Revel said:
Finished voting. Team JUSTICE will win! Don't forget to vote for JUSTICE! Worst show of 2016 needs some JUSTICE!

Indeed.

I also want to urge everybody to check out Onara Gorou, the best short anime ever made after Inferno Cop.
Dec 1, 2016 1:24 PM

Jun 2015
ChäoS;Child
Jesus Christ, no doubt there
Dec 1, 2016 2:12 PM

Aug 2010
i havent watched tooo many shows.. but i'll throw in some votes where i can!
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Dec 1, 2016 2:23 PM

Aug 2010
Lordwen said:
ChäoS;Child

chaos; head was terribad, i get that. But steins;gate was pretty good... no maybe Chaos;Child has a chance?

berserk 2017 on the other hand, has absolutely no chance
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Dec 1, 2016 2:51 PM

Jul 2009
Only after finish voting did I realize that some questions allow you to pick multiple choices xP
Dec 1, 2016 3:01 PM

Apr 2009
CheekyKunt said:
Only after finish voting did I realize that some questions allow you to pick multiple choices xP

A shame, I even wrote it in the survey. Oh well, it's the thought that counts!

lunaticsrus said:

chaos; head was terribad, i get that. But steins;gate was pretty good... no maybe Chaos;Child has a chance?

R;N was meh and O;N is imho one of the Bottom 10 worst seasonals in 2016, so I don't have a lot of faith in any semicolon title.
Dec 1, 2016 3:03 PM

Jun 2015
lunaticsrus said:
Lordwen said:

Chaos Head is 20 times worse than Berserk 2016

And I haven't watched the later
Dec 1, 2016 4:03 PM

Oct 2012
I implore everyone to watch Concrete Revolutio (JUSTICE) for this thread. Season 2 is one of the most bewildering and outrageously awful experiences I've had in awhile. So yeah... HAVE FUN.
Dec 1, 2016 11:02 PM

Apr 2012
I, of course, voted for JUSTICE as well.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Dec 3, 2016 12:59 AM

Feb 2013
The fact that I can't vote for ConRevo in a more favorable category ain't my idea of JUSTICE.
Dec 3, 2016 6:16 AM

Nov 2011
Finished voting!! Dukitty I thank you for throwing Dance with Devils in there. <3
Dec 3, 2016 8:16 AM

Mar 2008
I haven't watched a majority of the shows listed and there are some I don't even agree with being on the list but I gave the votes to what I could.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Dec 3, 2016 10:44 AM

May 2013
Done voting! Let us see how this goes~ ;)
Dec 3, 2016 4:19 PM

Jan 2015
Im only here for eurobeat

>ReLife
>meh

your mom is a meh
DiginarcissaDec 3, 2016 4:28 PM
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Dec 3, 2016 7:50 PM
May 2016
Wish I had the time to watch even 1/4th of those.

I just voted for the ones I knew of...or against those I knew of.

So Mob Psycho 100 for AOTY and Konosuba for best surprise.
Fanservice is great. Just like salt in your food. And just like salt in your food, if you have none it lacks taste, if you have too much, it's disgusting.
Dec 4, 2016 9:13 AM

Sep 2014
This is very nice. Will the results be available in a month?
Dec 4, 2016 2:10 PM

Oct 2012
RoyLegacy said:

They should be out come the 1st of January. Supposing Nid isn't drunk and forgets to put it up. Then it'd be on the 2nd of January.
Dec 4, 2016 4:03 PM

Apr 2012
Some of the categories I just didn't vote because I haven't watched the shows.

Worst LN show: Asterix, Gate

Honestly only these 2 seemed actually below a 5/10 to me. While I do dislike RE:edgelord, I don't think it was bad enough to be ranked as the most terrible thing this year.

Worst other adaptation: Berserk

Enough said

Shittiest seasonal: Berserk, Asterix, Gate

Again, I think only these 3 actually crossed into the absolute shit territory

Crappiest manga: Fuuka

It was a toss up between this and Nisekoi but since I hate Seo Kouji with a passion, it's got to be this. Stay true to the name of the award boys.

Generic Award: Re:Zero, Kabaneri, Erased

This is where I thought Re:edgelord belonged. It wasn't absolute shit but it wasn't good either. But somehow the Rem body pillow sales and waifu wars got really popular. Kabaneri started with zombies and steampunk which gave the premise so much freedom but it somehow still ended up with the generic edgelord vs bad guy story. Ikoma and Biba should have both been shot. The only memorable things were muscle girl and engrish dude. A town where only I didn't get laid is the definition of overhyped this year. The revival mechanic is basically a plot device that could have been done without. The impact of the coma would also be more significant if the concept of you only live once was cemented. On another note, all of this time travel redoing crap thing needs to stop and their creators gassed.

Shorts: Psi nan

Best theme: Ajin, Sakamoto, Konosuba

Ajin s1 OP was pretty cool. COOLEST is legendary. Konosuba ED is a heartwarming song and cheers you up when you are feeling down.

Most surprisingly good show: Konosuba

Thought it was going to be generic crap but I loved it. Was genuinely hilarious and didn't take itself seriously down the edgelord path.

Best show in 2016: Sakamoto, Konosuba, Mob, Arslan

Nothing from this season since it isn't finished yet.

Shit in 2017: Berserk, Fuuka

Fuck Seo Kouji
BloodRequiemDec 4, 2016 4:07 PM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Dec 4, 2016 10:05 PM

May 2013
Ducat_Revel said:
RoyLegacy said:

They should be out come the 1st of January. Supposing Nid isn't drunk and forgets to put it up. Then it'd be on the 2nd of January.

Well, considering the shit Nid uses to get drunk, it might well be somewhere between the 2nd and 5th. #Bullenschluck

Dec 5, 2016 2:22 AM

Apr 2009
Hm, might as well put up a quick list of my votes as well since @BloodRequiem did a good job.

The "Ventris" Award:
Hundred, HxH, O;N
Hundred and HxH are among the worst examples of generic ecchi battle harem academy LN adaptions I can think of and O;N is incomprehensible garbage that suffers from awful directing. Easy choices, the other don't even come close.

The "Kishi Seiji" Award
Big Order, Rewrite, Berserk
It was tough to include Berserk in this since some shows have much worse problems overall whereas Berserk is "merely" a complete production abomination but my Miura fan got the better of me.
Also, we forgot to include Super Lovers for this category. I am ashamed that slipup happened - it deserved to be on there 100%.

The “Written by that terrible Shirobako director” Award
Naria Girls, Concrete Revolutio, Mayoiga
NG is one of the worst shows of all time - period. However, ConRevo is the original equivalent of O;N and a cautionary tale of overambition while lacking the talent to pull it off. As for Mayoiga - club memes.

The "David" Award
ConRevo, Big Order, HxH, O;N , Hundred
Tough choice, I basically flipped a coin for a few.

The "Seo Kouji" Award
Fuuka
It's called Seo Kouji Award, guys....

The “Generic-kun” Award
ReLife, Hero Academia, 91 Days
Tough choices here, but those shows feel the most 5/10 to me. They are also shows here I regulary find myself zoning out and almost falling asleep.

The "Nidhugger" Award
Precure, Flip Flappers, Sailor Moon
My favourite award for some reason. Precure is a return to form for the franchise imho, sadly not that well received within the community. Sailro Moon Crystal S2 was a very surprising show thanks to the input Toei got froma new director and FF is like the bastard child between Kyousogiga, Jinrui and 90s Gainax - what's not to love?

The “Baki” Award
Luluco, To Be Hero, Fart Man.
Luluco was great fun, TBH is my first Nabeshin show in years and Fart Man is obviously legendary.

The “Initial D on Exin’s Spotify” Award
Eurobeat, Jojo, Flip Flappers, Rakugo, Thunderbolt
Hard to argue music taste for openings. Show by Rock's OP is very cute though and everybody should watch the show. GAS GAS GAS I'M GONNA STEP ON THE GAS!
Also, we forgot Osomatsu-san OP2 in the selection, shamefur dispray on our part.

The “We really just want to award one of these anime with an award” Award
Active Raid, Tiger Mask, Dance with Devils
Active Raid was okay most of the time, never got the dislike MAL had for it. Tiger Mask is surprisingly good and DWD has satanic pomeranians. I kid you not. Watch it.

The „ZetaZaku“ Award
Keijo, Girlish Number, Sailor Moon.
Keijo is pretty much like Saki in a sense - yuri, sports with unlikely superpowers, over the top execution. Girlish Number is a surprisingly fun take on the industry because the writing of the author behind 8man actually works when he is not glorifying a shithead in highschool 8that somehow 80% of MAL adores). SM is a surprise because... well, have you SEEN Crystal S1?

The "Highly Prestigious, Very Valuable, Totally Awesome" Award
Thunderbolt, Natsume, Rakugo, 3-Gatsu, Jojo
Nothing surprising here: Jojo and Natsume were pretty much AOTY ever since they got annoucned. Thunderbolt delivered one of the best mecha experiences in recent times, Rakugo is DEEN's best anime of all time and 3-Gatsu edged out Mob by a bit because SHAFT and Shinbo finally got their act together and made a worthwhile anime again.

The "Drunk Nostradamus" Award
Fuuka, Chaos;Child, Eromanga-sensei
Seo, Semicolon, OreImo dude. No more words needed.

Ventris said:
Ducat_Revel said:

Well, considering the shit Nid uses to get drunk, it might well be somewhere between the 2nd and 5th. #Bullenschluck

Do not slander the glory of my favourite Restitutionsfluid with your foul words! What's next? Hating on Schlehenlikör and Doppelkorn?
NidhoeggrDec 5, 2016 2:28 AM
Jan 1, 2017 4:58 AM

Apr 2009
And here are the winners:

The "Ventris" Award for Worst LN Show 2016 – 1 Winner, 2 runner ups, 3 votes
1. Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu with 25% of the votes!
2. Occultic;Nine with 20% of the votes.
3. Hundred & Masou Gakuen HxH tied with 15% of the votes.
I suppose it isn't too big of a surprise given how Re:Zero is a lot more watched than all the other entries, but the runner ups are well-deserved.

The "Kishi Seiji" Award for Worst Other Adaption Of 2016 - 1 Winner, 2 runner ups, 3 votes
1. Berserk (2016) with 25% of the votes!
2. Big Order (TV) with 21% of the votes.
3. Rewrite with 19% of the votes.
Not a lot of surprises here either, congratulations and may they never receive sequels.... oh :(

The “Written by that terrible Shirobako director” Award for Worst Original Show 2016 – 1 winner, 2 runner ups, 3 votes
1. Mayoiga with 31% of the votes!
2. Endride with 12% of the votes.
3. Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song , Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls & Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori tied with 10% of the votes each!
A surprising three-way tie at the end, but a clear winner. Well deserved.

The "David" Award for Shittiest Seasonal 2016 - 1 winner, 9 runner ups, 5 votes
1. Big Order (TV) with 17% of the votes!
2. Occultic;Nine with 10% of the votes!
3. Berserk (2016) with 9% of the votes!
4. Rewrite & Mayoiga tied with 8% of the votes!
6. Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu with 6% of the votes!
7. Bloodivores with 5% of the votes!
8. Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! (Phoenix Wright) & Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song tied with 4% of the votes!
10. Hundred with 3% of the votes.
Some interesting changes in voting behaviour compared to the first few awards, but nevertheless a truly fearsome Top 10.

The "Seo Kouji" Award for Crappiest Manga That Got Published In 2016 - 1 winner, 1 runner up, 1 vote
Winner: Bleach with 41% of the votes!
Runner Up: Fuuka with 32% of the votes.
Was there ever any doubt?

The “Generic-kun” Award for Average, But Somehow Really Popular Show In 2016 – 1 winner, 2 runner ups, 3 votes
1. Boku no Hero Academia with 23% of the votes!
2. Koutetsujou no Kabaneri with 15% of the votes.
3. Boku dake ga Inai Machi with 13% of the votes.
They are... still average I guess.

The "Nidhugger" Award for Best Mahou Shoujo In 2016 - 1 winner, 2 runner ups, 3 votes
1. Flip Flappers with 43% of the votes
2. Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III with 14% of the votes.
3. Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! & Mahoutsukai Precure! tied with 13% of the votes.
Quite the dominating victory for Flip Flappers, I am also surprised at how good Fate/Kaleid is doing. The again, it was the best season of that show so far.

The “Baki” Award for Best Short In 2016 – 1 winner, 2 runner ups, 3 votes
1. Uchuu Patrol Luluco with 27% of the votes!
2. To Be Hero with 21% of the votes.
3. Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko Everything Flows, Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan TV & Onara Gorou with 9% of the votes.
Another three-way tie which is probably due to the rather low vote turnout for this one. However, well deserved top placements for both TBH and Luluco.

The “Initial D on Exin’s Spotify” Award for Best Anime Theme Of 2016 – 1 winner, 4 runner ups, 5 votes
1. Mob Psycho 100 OP with 12% of the votes.
2. Flip Flappers ED with 11% of the votes.
3. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu OP with 10% of the votes.
4. JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai OP1 with 9% of the votes.
5. Yuri!!! on Ice OP & Sakamoto desu ga? OP tied with 8% of the votes.
I admit, we should have included the theme of king JJ, the second Osomatsu-san and the third Jojo Diamond OP in here as well, but sadly we forgot. This one was quite the race though, with lots of songs being 6-7% like the Jojo ED and Drifters. Sadly, Eurobeat didn't make it...

The “We really just want to award one of these anime with an award” Award for Best …….. 2016! – 1 winner, 2 runner ups, 3 votes
1. Kuromukuro with 20% of the votes!
2. Active Raid: Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hachi Gakari with 18% of the votes.
3. Tiger Mask W with 15% of the votes.
The popularity of both Kuro and Active Raid surprised me tbh, congratulations!

The „ZetaZaku“ Award for Most Surprisingly Good Show Of 2016 – 1 winner, 2 runner ups, 3 votes
1. Gi(a)rlish Number with 23% of the votes!
2. Keijo!!!!!!!! with 19% of the votes.
3. Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! with 12% of the votes.
Lot's of titles got really close to third place, but in the end Kono took it away. The other two shows seem to be the clear favourites here though.

The "Highly Prestigious, Very Valuable, Totally Awesome" Award for Best Show In 2016 - 1 winner, 9 runner ups, 5 votes
1. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu with 18% of the votes!
2. JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai 13% of the votes.
3. Mob Psycho 100 with 11% of the votes.
4. Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt & Natsume Yuujinchou Go tied with 9% of the votes.
6. Amanchu! & 3-gatsu no Lion tied with 6% of the votes.
8. Flip Flappers & Gi(a)rlish Number tied with 5% of the votes.
10. Flying Witch with 4% of the votes.
Very interesting results and I am glad to see both Rakugo pull through and Thunderbolt placing high. A lot of ties here as well, fierce competition.

The "Drunk Nostradamus" Award for the Show That will Most Likely Suck In 2017 - 1 winner, 2 runner ups, 3 votes
1. Berserk (2017) with 30% of the votes!
2. Fuuka with 25% of the votes.
3. ChäoS;Child with 16% of the votes.
Clear favourites bullied the rest of the competition here, but let's be honest: we all know there will be series just as bad - they are just lurking in the shadows right now.

Please note that the program is rounding the percentages.

And with that, I go back to my hungover state and hibernate for another day....
NidhoeggrJan 2, 2017 12:32 AM
Jan 1, 2017 6:14 PM

Jan 2014
Glad to see Big Order get the praise it deserves.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2013

1162 by LeonhartAugust »»
May 13, 11:17 PM

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.