Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 20, 2016 1:42 PM

Jul 2013
I read the following on BakaTsuki and it got me thinking if i have to read them first

" It takes place in the distant future of Owari no Chronicle and the remote past of the City Series, two of the author's other light novel series."
Jun 14, 2017 11:41 PM

Apr 2013
Hidder said:
I read the following on BakaTsuki and it got me thinking if i have to read them first

" It takes place in the distant future of Owari no Chronicle and the remote past of the City Series, two of the author's other light novel series."

Sorry for the extremely late answer, you most probably figured it out by now since long ago. But if anyone else comes here and wonder the same :
No, you don't need to. Reading the first volume of Owari no chronicle will give you quite a bit of interesting infos about the worldbuilding still useful in horizon, sure, but outside of that it's too far apart in the timeline ( thousands of years ) for anything else to be relevant. So various series (same goes for City) are made to be read independently of each other.
Aug 14, 2017 11:03 AM

Jul 2012
An answer is always appreciated even a bit late ;)
" When it comes to women, the ideal is small, soft, cute and smart enough to pretend they're stupid" Kazami Yuuji
Dec 8, 2018 12:51 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Zefyris said:
Hidder said:

Sorry for the extremely late answer, you most probably figured it out by now since long ago. But if anyone else comes here and wonder the same :
No, you don't need to. Reading the first volume of Owari no chronicle will give you quite a bit of interesting infos about the worldbuilding still useful in horizon, sure, but outside of that it's too far apart in the timeline ( thousands of years ) for anything else to be relevant. So various series (same goes for City) are made to be read independently of each other.

Appreciate your answer to this.
Might for the prequel when I m more into the sequel.

More topics from this board

» sequel's official PV (Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon NEXT BOX)

Zefyris - May 13, 2020

14 by Radtoter »»
Jun 10, 2022 10:59 AM

» Any official English Source?

Psi18c - Jan 16, 2022

4 by Psi18c »»
Jan 16, 2022 10:15 AM

Poll: » Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon Volume 1B Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2014

1 by Zefyris »»
Feb 20, 2014 11:43 AM

» Kyoukaisen LN Discussion

FlavoryFantasy - Oct 12, 2012

0 by FlavoryFantasy »»
Oct 12, 2012 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.