Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 11, 2016 7:54 AM
Mar 2016
KurosoraRyuga said:
MilviBritannia said:

Who knows...maybe the former, maybe the latter...maybe both. She seems to get asspull after asspull irrespective of the situation she is in. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if they ice particles all joined together and reformed her again.

On a serious note, she probably froze it because she reforms ice fingers almost immediately I believe.

I am truly glad she is dead and good riddance to the overpowered ice nazi.

Idk, I actually liked her. I think the author made her way too op though but, there was still a more logical way to beat her. The author made it so that tatsumi still lived on but didn't make him join in the the fight sighs. He was literally flying above her, did he just want to watch is that it!? I mean sure maybe it took a while for him to regain his strength but still. All his fights, showing that he was the only one who can truly rival esdeath thanks to his power to evolve, wasted... Damn lol, I'm being too salty here. This was my first manga tbh, or at least the first one that I actually read til I caught up so I'm actually trying to be nice here and I did enjoy it so far, it's just that the end is being rushed af.

Oh, and one more thing, Why did esdeath even call murasame a dangerous sword if she can just freeze the poison!?

Anime/manga logic bro, is all I have to say to that first part. How many anime/manga have you not watched/read that feature a fight where other people can, and should, join in but don't because of some mysterious (read stupid) reason of their own?

*Sigh* One of the most disappointing aspects of AgK is how it went from being a shounen manga that subverted and averted a lot of shounen conventions only to turn into a stereotypical shounen manga.

As for that last part, all I can is, the author is an idiot and thinks we are idiots as well.
Dec 11, 2016 8:04 AM
Mar 2016
WhiteWolfEyes21 said:
ixarising said:
What if Akame stab her in the organs? She can't really freeze the poison you know, that's why she chop her hands and fingers off, so that the poison wouldn't spread to her body, but she can't do that with her organs.

Then the poison becomes irrelevant. Murasame is a sword. Poison or not, a wound to the organs would leave you incapacitated.

Which actually makes me realize just how bad this fight was written. In the previous chapter, Akame catches Esdeath off guard and barely cuts her arm. This of course causes Esdeath to cut the entire arm off...something Akame could of did. Better yet, Akame could have stabbed her through the heart or sliced off her head off. She got in a free shot on Esdeath and decided to barely cut her...on her arm.

The only excuse I can find for this particular bit of stupidity (there are plenty of others, both from Akame and Esdeath in this last round) is that Akame was used to just slicing her opponents because she had become over-reliant on Murasame's power. That this never cramped her fighting-style or that it was never exploited by her opponents is the result of crappy authorship.

Also, I agree with the other poster that Tatsumi should have done more in the final fight. I expected his power to go through the roof when he evolved, but was left extremely disappointed. He put up a better fight when he fought her alone, before fully transforming.

There was nothing exciting or clever about Akame getting a power boost and magically becoming stronger than Esdeath. I wanted more of a group effort. Particularly between characters that we know. All the new teigu users were unknown. We didn't know how strong they were other than being stronger than fodder, which doesn't mean much. Because of this, I couldn't be too impressed with Esdeath stomping them.

Lastly, wasn't Akame's trump card supposed to make her lose her sanity or humanity or whatever? She seemed pretty stable to me, during and after the fight.

I agree with all of that. Everything we had seen before this last chapter seemed to indicate that the final fight with Esdeath would be a huge brawl that would a) leave her exhausted, b) decimate the teigu users, c) actually justify her death.

But then again, that's what we would have gotten if the author of AgK was fairly decent, instead the author is crap, so well, there it is.
Dec 12, 2016 10:02 AM

May 2014
Pretty nice fight there. Esdeath met her well deserved end. We still love her though :P

I'm not sure what to say about the fact that Tatsumi is still alive... It feels kinda forced.
Dec 13, 2016 5:32 AM

Aug 2015
NathanielKeehl said:
KurosoraRyuga said:

Idk, I actually liked her. I think the author made her way too op though but, there was still a more logical way to beat her. The author made it so that tatsumi still lived on but didn't make him join in the the fight sighs. He was literally flying above her, did he just want to watch is that it!? I mean sure maybe it took a while for him to regain his strength but still. All his fights, showing that he was the only one who can truly rival esdeath thanks to his power to evolve, wasted... Damn lol, I'm being too salty here. This was my first manga tbh, or at least the first one that I actually read til I caught up so I'm actually trying to be nice here and I did enjoy it so far, it's just that the end is being rushed af.

Oh, and one more thing, Why did esdeath even call murasame a dangerous sword if she can just freeze the poison!?

Anime/manga logic bro, is all I have to say to that first part. How many anime/manga have you not watched/read that feature a fight where other people can, and should, join in but don't because of some mysterious (read stupid) reason of their own?

*Sigh* One of the most disappointing aspects of AgK is how it went from being a shounen manga that subverted and averted a lot of shounen conventions only to turn into a stereotypical shounen manga.

As for that last part, all I can is, the author is an idiot and thinks we are idiots as well.

And it's been a pet peeve of mine for years now lol although I think that AGK is way too obvious with it.
Dec 14, 2016 2:34 AM
Jan 2016
NathanielKeehl said:
WhiteWolfEyes21 said:

Then the poison becomes irrelevant. Murasame is a sword. Poison or not, a wound to the organs would leave you incapacitated.

Which actually makes me realize just how bad this fight was written. In the previous chapter, Akame catches Esdeath off guard and barely cuts her arm. This of course causes Esdeath to cut the entire arm off...something Akame could of did. Better yet, Akame could have stabbed her through the heart or sliced off her head off. She got in a free shot on Esdeath and decided to barely cut her...on her arm.

The only excuse I can find for this particular bit of stupidity (there are plenty of others, both from Akame and Esdeath in this last round) is that Akame was used to just slicing her opponents because she had become over-reliant on Murasame's power. That this never cramped her fighting-style or that it was never exploited by her opponents is the result of crappy authorship.

Also, I agree with the other poster that Tatsumi should have done more in the final fight. I expected his power to go through the roof when he evolved, but was left extremely disappointed. He put up a better fight when he fought her alone, before fully transforming.

There was nothing exciting or clever about Akame getting a power boost and magically becoming stronger than Esdeath. I wanted more of a group effort. Particularly between characters that we know. All the new teigu users were unknown. We didn't know how strong they were other than being stronger than fodder, which doesn't mean much. Because of this, I couldn't be too impressed with Esdeath stomping them.

Lastly, wasn't Akame's trump card supposed to make her lose her sanity or humanity or whatever? She seemed pretty stable to me, during and after the fight.

I agree with all of that. Everything we had seen before this last chapter seemed to indicate that the final fight with Esdeath would be a huge brawl that would a) leave her exhausted, b) decimate the teigu users, c) actually justify her death.

But then again, that's what we would have gotten if the author of AgK was fairly decent, instead the author is crap, so well, there it is.

That day you come to the MAL Akame ga Kill Recent Chapter Disc and actually find a peaceful, nice discussion. Never thought I'd live to see this XD

In my opinion, the downfall that was initiated approximately after Lubbock's death was mainly there because all of the "big fights" that had been foreshadowed (and the series actually built on much of its story and plotlines) were more than disappointing. Therefore I was not really surprised that Akame vs. Esdeath was not really a long, intense fight, especially not after the announcement that the story will end in Dec 2016. Really sad that so many panels (and chapters) were wasted with rather unnecessary events instead of creating more suspense and tension for the final battle.

Though I neither love nor hate Esdeath, I have the impression that the way she found her end does not really pay her justice. We knew it was coming, but yet, it appeared to me that Akame was not really having too much trouble defeating her.

Letting Tatsumi live, not having Akame go nuts and bringing Leone back is a bit too much of "happily ever after" for my taste. That leavese me with the impression that the author actually had not a real plan or changed it over and over again. I guess that it is this what led to the many asspulls and blind spots of this series.
Solitude is fine - but you need someone to tell to that solitude is fine (Honoré de Balzac)
Jan 5, 2017 8:25 AM

Nov 2015
So Tatsumi became a dragon (Tyrant Incursio)... well, that's a bummer. I mean yeah, he is alive but he is no longer human. And if Leone has the same luck, we may see her in the same path.

Esdeath is not my fav character but I felt bad for her in her death. Oh well, it's not like she was a good person or anything.
HumbertoZeroJan 5, 2017 8:28 AM
Feb 15, 2017 3:25 PM

Feb 2013
Esdeath is finally dead.
And Tatsumi is still alive, cool.
Leone is alive too???
Mar 13, 2017 2:24 PM

Aug 2014
Oh shit look who's back...

R.I.P Esdeath.
Mar 25, 2017 1:25 PM

May 2016
What a battle~ It really brought out the resourcefulness of the two warriors, from instant ice prosthetics to stabbing the handle of a falling broken sword as an attack.

Despite being a soulless monster, she just wanted love...alongside many other horrible stuff. At least we got to see one last shot of her cleavage before she shatters herself to nothingness (the version where she carries Tatsumi's body was way more emotional tho).

Just when I remembered that Tatsumi died a chapter ago coz I haven't read it in a while and started mourning again, he's alive~ Albeit stuck in Tyrant form ▪-▪ I wonder if Mine would mind having her petite body ravaged by her big boyfriend.

There must be some consequences for Akame somehow, after consuming that mega doping drug and unleashing Murasamune in one battle. I hope it wouldn't be too damaging.

Holy shit. Leone's alive?! As shocked as I am right now, what wonderful news that was ♡ Go destroy that fatass!

May 20, 2017 12:56 PM

Dec 2015
The chapter (and manga for that matter) was complete garbage. Esdeath as a character was wasted on this story and her death was boring and a token death for a typical boring predictable ending. Building up a character to be that powerful and then killing them off in such a fashion is the epitome of the lack of narrative imagination the author had towards the end. But, this was seen a long time ago, so it isn't a surprise. Of course, I'm hardly alone as many fell away from the manga for that very reason. Ultimately, this was just yet another manga with heaps of potential that was never reached.
(ʘ ཀ ) Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Mᴇ—sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴍᴀʏ Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Yᴏᴜ ( ཀ ʘ)
May 24, 2017 8:51 AM

Jan 2014
so, Esdeath is dead. the truth is, I still hoping for her to be alive and live normally with Tatsumi, all lovey dovey. coz I just don't like Mine.
but now it has come to this, I wish Tatsumi ended up with Akame, rather than Mine.

so glad Leone still alive. so she also fused with her teigu.
I wonder how she looks like when fused.
Dec 16, 2018 11:19 PM
Jan 2015
NathanielKeehl said:
Axicia said:
Best girl died. I preferred the anime ending, at least he did not get into a relationship with a bullshit generic tsun twintail girl too deeply.

Yeah, bias.

You and I both feel the same way, bro.

Count me in, too!! The manga story is crappy. Mine is okay and all, but Tatsumi deserves someone other than her.
Dec 16, 2018 11:25 PM
Jan 2015
Info-Chan said:
The chapter (and manga for that matter) was complete garbage. Esdeath as a character was wasted on this story and her death was boring and a token death for a typical boring predictable ending. Building up a character to be that powerful and then killing them off in such a fashion is the epitome of the lack of narrative imagination the author had towards the end. But, this was seen a long time ago, so it isn't a surprise. Of course, I'm hardly alone as many fell away from the manga for that very reason. Ultimately, this was just yet another manga with heaps of potential that was never reached.

I know exactly what you mean. If anyone should been out of the manga story is weak little water boy, himself. I totally don't know why will anyone shipped him with a demonic little psychopath. And I mean Wave and Kurome, in the manga. Those two don't deserve to be set free, let alone, still livivng after what horrifying acts they done when they were from the Jaegers. Only a heartless excuse of a human being will shipped those two.
Mar 31, 2020 10:56 AM
Jan 2015
One day, I want to go to Tokyo and have a conversation with the author of Akame Ga Kill. I know that I have a lot of questions to ask him.
Apr 24, 2020 9:45 PM

Aug 2019
Personally i liked the ending in the anime it's more sadder but in the manga it's more happy and happy ending for certain characters.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.