Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2008 12:49 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Woot! Time for some more Horo =D
LunaNov 13, 2012 4:29 AM

Mar 6, 2008 1:33 PM
Feb 2008
Ayako has a v2 out now.
sunstruckMar 6, 2008 1:48 PM
Mar 6, 2008 2:29 PM

Jan 2008
Seeing Lawrence snap at Horo was rather unsettling. I wonder how many honey coated pears he is going to have to buy her to make up for it.

Mar 6, 2008 2:45 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
He's cornered in a way he has never been before, I can imagine you can get quite desperate in that situation. Looking forward to how they're gonna solve their problem. I'm sure together they'll be able to think of something awesome. :D

Good episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 6, 2008 3:15 PM

Jan 2007
That was yet another awesome episode. I love the conflict that they are forced to deal with this time.
Mar 6, 2008 4:26 PM

Aug 2007
It does look like big trouble for Lawrence.
Mar 6, 2008 4:58 PM

Oct 2007
He really got screwed over.

Mar 6, 2008 7:13 PM

Aug 2007
Haha Lawrence got owned...

Great episode, looking forward to how this is resolved.

...and who doesn't like slim blondes? xD
Mar 6, 2008 7:35 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I felt really bad for him :( The episode started off with them really connecting and being cheerful... to the awfulness of the end.

cyruz said:
He's cornered in a way he has never been before, I can imagine you can get quite desperate in that situation. Looking forward to how they're gonna solve their problem. I'm sure together they'll be able to think of something awesome. :D

My thoughts exactly. When I read the notes at the end of the episode about what would happen to him just by being declared bankrupt?? Made me feel so bad for him :(
Mar 6, 2008 7:44 PM
Jun 2007
Intense episode! I feel bad for him and i woner how they'll get out of this mess.
Moderator Edit: Signature deleted. Please re-read the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2008 8:13 PM

Sep 2007
Nice episode but im kind of confused.
He bought the armors but doesnt have enough money to pay so he owes ratpearsons part of the payment(?). The demand for armors declined so lawrence will have problem selling it and ratpearson took advantage of this because Lawrence was ignorant of this fact ...
.... so is the guild going to pay back the loan for him and have Lawrence pay the guild back or is he on his own? Plus, this fellow merchants refuse to help out Lawrence because they think he is just lavishing his profits on Horo?

Furthermore, it also look as though the merchants in town knows about ratpearson's scheme (and some even lost their business to ratpearsons...) because they look kind of suspcious when he went to town last episode. However, they didnt tell him for the same reason that they didn't help him after the fact ..?
xo_cl2Mar 6, 2008 8:20 PM
Mar 6, 2008 8:32 PM
Feb 2008
xo_cl2 said:
Nice episode but im kind of confused.
He bought the armors but doesnt have enough money to pay so he owes ratpearsons part of the payment(?). The demand for armors declined so lawrence will have problem selling it and ratpearson took advantage of this because Lawrence was ignorant of this fact ...
.... so is the guild going to pay back the loan for him and have Lawrence pay the guild back or is he on his own?

The guild will not help Lawrence pay back the debt at all. The guildmaster says so.

The debt comes from the ~50 Lumione that he had actually borrowed from Latopeiron. He 'bought' 100 Lumione worth of armor hoping to sell it for much more, but it ended up being nearly worthless, resulting in a loss of close to 100 Lumione. About half of this was covered by his earnings from the pepper, and the remainder was the 47 3/4 Lumione debt he was saddled with.
Mar 6, 2008 8:47 PM

Aug 2007
aw man. Lawrence is in trouble now. Sad to see Lawrence take out his frustration a little on Horo but it's only natural sometimes. Horo will think up a way to get out of this one
Mar 6, 2008 9:03 PM

Sep 2007
oh .. :P thanks for making it clearer for me, sunstruck! :)
Mar 6, 2008 9:27 PM

Jan 2008
Another great episode, only 3 more episodes left! I'm really curious to how Lawrence is going to get himself out of this mess, but I know he will in the end ^_^ Can't wait for the next episode!
Mar 6, 2008 10:25 PM

Oct 2007
Only one word can describe me right now, speechless. When Lawrence hit Horo I my mouth was hanging open and I was like what have you done. And Lawrence's mouth was hanging open and he was like what have I done. Extremely good episode, no, no a perfect episode. I did not see one single flaw at all. The layout for this episode was excellent. Best episode ever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2008 1:26 AM

Feb 2008
Another awesome episode. Lawrence is screwed, and to make things worst, he got pissed at the person who helps and cares for him the most. Baka Lawrence! =/
Can't wait for the next episode.
Mar 7, 2008 3:54 AM

Nov 2007
poor lawrence. it's the best episode yet.
Mar 7, 2008 6:24 AM

Jul 2007
im kinda wondering if nora or chloe will show up again and if so, what their roles would be in the next 3 eps @_@ is it just me or does it seem like 13 eps wouldn't be quite adequate for the story?
Mar 7, 2008 6:26 AM

Nov 2007
corroded said:
im kinda wondering if nora or chloe will show up again and if so, what their roles would be in the next 3 eps @_@ is it just me or does it seem like 13 eps wouldn't be quite adequate for the story?

That's because as far as canon material goes, the anime is only in the second novel, and the 7th was just recently released. So not even a third through the current material, with no idea how long it will actually go for.
Mar 7, 2008 6:52 AM

Nov 2007
Debt sucks :P I'm also wondering how they'll fit this into a 13 episode season. Maybe there's a surprise?
Mar 7, 2008 9:00 AM
Dec 2007
Asako said:
corroded said:

That's because as far as canon material goes, the anime is only in the second novel, and the 7th was just recently released. So not even a third through the current material, with no idea how long it will actually go for.
It would be nice if they decide to follow it up with more seasons. This anime ended up really well, and I think seeing more of their travels to the north, without rushing to a conclusion, would be better than trying to wrap everything in the conclusion of this season.

Mar 7, 2008 9:49 AM

Sep 2007
"Well, I only intended do tease you °.°"
"<_<; ehh...."
"I will show you my faith....I will buy you honey-preserved peaches!"

Wow...pretty intense episode...poor Lawrence..and Horo as awesome as ever..

Can't wait for the next episode and the "great plan" that Horo will make up :D

Mar 7, 2008 10:59 AM

Jun 2007
I enjoyed this episode a lot, everything fit in just so well.
Am looking forward to Horo's master plan.
Mar 7, 2008 10:59 AM

Nov 2007
Geez, Lawrence can't handle stress good. I do feel bad that he's "looking" at bankruptcy but it's not like it's Horo's fault. She's only trying to help.
Mar 7, 2008 11:37 AM
Dec 2007
alugirl613 said:
Geez, Lawrence can't handle stress good. I do feel bad that he's "looking" at bankruptcy but it's not like it's Horo's fault. She's only trying to help.
Actually, it's her fault in part, since she's big on spending, and apparently some people were even declining to help him just because she is tagging along with him (that's a male-centered society for you). But you are right, lawrence was the one who got too greedy. Had he stopped to collect information first he would have never bought the armor in the first place, hence not falling into a trap. Obviously, there's something more behind all this, considering they actually had the part about Lawrence tricking the other guy and getting the armor calculated into the plan. And the Trading Guild didn't warn him about declining armor rates is also suspicious. Looking forward to seeing who's after Lawrence (or Horo) and why.

Mar 7, 2008 11:39 AM

Jan 2008
alugirl613 said:

He's backed up into a corner and she just happened to be there at his worst moment, you can't really blame the guy. He can't really see the bright side like she seems to, so I for one feel for him. Heres hoping all works out well for them.
Mar 7, 2008 11:53 AM

Aug 2007
Can't blame him he's been a merchant his whole life and that is a big mistake.
Mar 7, 2008 4:10 PM

Dec 2007
Awesome episode! A great twist in the plot, putting some pressure on Horo and Lawrence's relationship. I hope it all turns out ok ^^ Can't wait till next week. They'd better make up with at least a hug! >_<

Kemonomimi Shoujo, a site dedicated to beautiful nekomimis, inumimis, kitsunemimis, usagimimis and more! Check out the club, too!
Mar 7, 2008 4:51 PM
Dec 2007
Hehe very interesting one ! I thought Lawrence would find a solution to this crap he is in more easily than that, but it seems there's a religious setting and rumours too that prevent the other merchants or his traditionnal allies to help him. I guess the big plan of the next episode will involve Nora, or at least it would be logical seeing how the scenario is developping.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 7, 2008 5:01 PM

May 2007
Great episode. I'm really sad that this is only a 13 ep series, I think it's my favorite anime of the winter season.
Mar 7, 2008 6:09 PM

Nov 2007
tat must have sucked, suddenly hearing tat the reason he's been regected is becoz of horo. ppl must have thought tat she is the reason he's bankrupt. i just remember tat guy saying tat he'll see things by being cornered, i wonder what it is. waku waku
Mar 7, 2008 7:56 PM

Jul 2007
This show needs the "zawa zawa" background noise from Kaiji now.
Mar 7, 2008 9:24 PM

Jan 2008
Another good episode. I hesitated to watch since I accidentally read that he hit her and I found it hard to believe and didn't want to see that. I was relieved when I saw the scene and it wasn't what I was imagining. I am just glad that he instantly regretted pushing her away but I feel completely bad for how Horo is feeling.

I loved how the episode started out and how they were holding hands, it was so sweet.

Now I have to try and be patient and wait for the next episode.
Mar 8, 2008 1:00 AM

Apr 2007
Intense episode, good stuff. Judging from the next episodes title in the preview, seems Horo's gonna come up with some genius plan, as expected. Can't wait~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2008 8:03 AM

Oct 2007
8GaugeBrett said:
Seeing Lawrence snap at Horo was rather unsettling. I wonder how many honey coated pears he is going to have to buy her to make up for it.

Indeed...
I felt soo bad for Lawrence... the situation he is in is dire...

People were not accepting his plee for help due to having a woman with him...
In that age women cost money...
Mar 8, 2008 2:17 PM

Nov 2007
Amazing episode, the end was so sad that I can't wait for next week. Hopefully Horo will come up with a really great plan (so Lawrence will have to buy her honey-covered peaches).
Mar 8, 2008 4:29 PM

Feb 2008
Friendlysoul said:

In that age women cost money...

In what age did/do/will they not? ^^

Really arousing episode. First the harmony, then the drama!

Looking forward to a "make up for it" - Hug! :]

Mar 9, 2008 11:16 AM

Oct 2007
Didn't expect that Lawrence would actually hit Horo... Great episode, though.

Mar 11, 2008 5:44 AM
Feb 2008
some real conflict between the leads finally, everyone loves a little drama :)
Mar 11, 2008 2:34 PM

Feb 2008
Just rewatched this great episode. All the nice little details. For example:
- Horo scares a dog away
- Lawrence kind of confesses to Horo
- They hold hands *YAIIII*

But one thing concerns me:
The old "merchant friend" of Lawrence tells him "There are loopholes in business that you may not know of. Im sure there are paths you can see only when you are cornered", and gives Lawrence a wink.

Could it be that he means, Lawrence should "pimp out" Horo in order to pay his dept?
"Play with her tail for just 10 bucks...." (The thought alone gives me headaches)!
This would also explain why all the other merchants dont want to help out. They think Lawrence would indirectly offer Horo, which is of course a flout for the whole merchant guilde!
FTGTMar 11, 2008 3:43 PM
Mar 11, 2008 3:06 PM
Mar 2008
FTGT said:

But one thing concerns me:
The old "merchant friend" of Lawrence tells him "There are loopholes in business that you may not know of. Im sure there are paths you can see only when you are cornered", and gives Lawrence a wink.

Could it be that he means, Lawrence should "pimp out" Horo in order to pay his dept? (The thought alone gives me headaches)!
This would also explain why all the other merchants dont want to help out. They think Lawrence would indirectly offer Horo, which is of course a flout for the whole merchant guilde!

Honestly i don't think so, but we'll see soon. I think there will be another option. As far as i can remember he still has all the armor sets, am i right?
mirvelMar 11, 2008 3:10 PM
Mar 11, 2008 4:39 PM
Dec 2007
I think he only meant that there must be a flaw somewhere in the plot they trapped Lawrence in. Though, you are right about how the other merchants thought. It is a good portrayal about how society worked back then (women are only seen as entertainment, baby makers or house-cleaners).

Mar 12, 2008 12:35 PM

Feb 2008
Thanks mirvel and Leon-Gun, I guess Im just imagining things. But still Im not completely relieved. ;)

Just think about how this scene started:
Lawrence "friend" (lets call him Earl) asks Lawrence about Horo. He replies she is his "business" partner. Thereupon Earl seems to be quite sceptical. As Leon-Gun said, at that era female merchants were quite rare. Especially when they look like 15 years old. After that Lawrence explains that Horo raised the price for fur significantly. But he does not explain "How".
In the next scene Earl seems to give Lawrence a despiteous look, followed by "There are guys like you sometimes. Well its alright. Its written in the scriptures to not open any unknown boxes". From my point of view Earl clearly misunderstands Horos role as a "business" partner.
FTGTMar 12, 2008 12:38 PM
Mar 13, 2008 11:46 AM

Feb 2008
-------------*dead silence in the thread*-----------

Where is the discussion?

Come on......the pride of our wise Horo is at stake!

Oh....just saw that episode 11 is out. Now I know where you are... :P
Mar 13, 2008 3:11 PM

Jan 2008
FTGT said:
Oh....just saw that episode 11 is out. Now I know where you are... :P

Rats, I am at work until 1 in the morning... Bah!
Mar 18, 2008 12:13 AM

Dec 2007
Poor Lawrence, he was owned. I feel bad for Horo after Lawrence snap at Horo. Hopefully, they work together to solve the debt, and I'm sure Horo will have a good idea. Best episode so far.
Mar 20, 2008 5:31 PM

Aug 2007
Wonderful interaction between Horo and Lawrence even after he snaps at her. The make up scenes were simply adorable.
Apr 29, 2008 9:10 PM

Jan 2008
uh o. well he snapped and horo was at his side.. people cant really control themselves
May 13, 2008 12:53 AM

Oct 2007
poor lawrence he got screwed bad and poor horo , anyway good episode.
Kagome7May 13, 2008 12:59 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

154 by 0451 »»
Today, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 2, 2008

134 by 0451 »»
Yesterday, 10:55 AM

» DVD-Only Episode and Episode Count

Vince - Mar 25, 2008

28 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 11, 6:22 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

33 by animejas »»
May 7, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Feb 14, 2008

189 by 0451 »»
May 6, 10:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.