Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2016 5:43 PM

Nov 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Over at last :)
I didn't enjoy the climax as much as parts 3 and 4 but it was still pretty enjoyable. R.I.P Buccellati
Jan 15, 2017 1:50 AM

Mar 2014
Best main cast. Equal 2nd best JoJo.

7/10
Mar 21, 2017 3:45 AM

Aug 2014
Well that was...confusing but interesting. Man RiP Bruno, you did your best and helped them in succedding ;_; The fight with Diavolo was over so fast...goddamn is Requiem forms broken as hel lol.

Polnareef also continues to live on as a turtle, that is honestly too hilarious xD The epilogue felt a little rushed but eh, overall this an enjoyable JoJo, with Gio being a pretty nice lead. 7/10 to me.
Apr 10, 2017 1:20 AM

Oct 2012
I see where Polnareff turtle meme come from now xD

The ending is really a bit of too sudden
I don't understand the purpose of stone stand too
If only the explanation is better, I'm still confused.. What about Fugo?

Anyway off to part 6!
"Signature removed"
Jun 28, 2017 9:08 AM

Nov 2015
2nd favorite part. All of the gang members had great characterization and chemistry. The battles were the most creative they've ever been and Diavolo was an immeasurably MENACING presence, truly worthy of his title as the boss.

10/10
sugasweetnitmareJun 28, 2017 9:27 AM
✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

鼻をくすぐるGunpowder & Smoke
ジャララ飛び交うEmpty gun cartridges
紅いヒールに見惚れて うっかり風穴欲しいヤツは 挙手をしな

・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🍰 ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚

✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

Jun 28, 2017 3:34 PM

Nov 2015
Whoa, what a coincidence. Turns out the Jojo's Colored Adventure and TMNBE Scans teams finished uploading their colored scans within days/weeks of my completing my readthrough of part 5. The last 6 chapters were uploaded less than 24 hours before I went through them just now. Glad I stuck around to read through the scan/translator notes to notice it was dated to yesterday, June 27th (:

Props to the colored scan teams, it definitely made the experience of my first JoJo reading way more enjoyable. Almost missed it, but your work doesn't go unappreciated <3
Jul 1, 2017 5:10 AM
Jul 2018
Is it even possible for a non-italian boy to become a don?
removed-userJan 9, 2020 12:31 AM
Jul 29, 2017 4:25 PM

Aug 2014
So we finally come to end...

Not gonna lie the ending was pretty underwhelming but everything else from the cast, fights etc.. were on point for me. Favorite part so far along with Stardust Crusaders.
PS : Giorno is best JoJo, I don't give a fuck what anybody says.
8/10
Jun 6, 2019 2:59 PM

Aug 2017
This was quite a nice part, but not as good as part 4. Underdeveloped Fugo, underdeveloped Diavolo (his split personality was fun and could've been flashed out more). Even King Crimson didn't really get used a lot. It's also sad that the fact that Giorno is Dio's son, which god me hyped when I heard it, just went to nowhere, as well as Josuke and Koichi, who should've been VERY interested in this fact. But they just abandoned the story after the Black Sabbath arc. Giorno was not a really good protagonist too, I was more interested in Mista and Buccellati, tbh. Kinda disappointing. These failures are not very critical though, the part is still good - superb art, great fights and a nice story with a cameo from Polnareff and some explanation for the arrows, which opens possibilities for new requiem stands in the future.
Mar 20, 2020 11:55 PM

May 2016
Mista jumping out of that building to save Bruno had him successfully shattering Rolling Stones but that it also sealed his fate including Narancia and Abbacchio's. But despite their deaths, they have fulfilled a purpose that goes beyond what they ever could've imagined now that Giorno's revealed himself as Passione's boss.

It's nice to see that Polnareff's still technically alive. I hope that they'll be able to get in touch with Jotaro and the Speedwagon Foundation after all this.

I can't believe that I'm actually going to start Stone Ocean before watching the anime adaptation. I'm at the edge of a completely new territory now!

Oct 28, 2020 2:53 PM

Jun 2016
Chapter Thoughts
This closing arc was beautiful. A hard cut to a flashback, starting with the family together once more. Bantering and having fun. Only to proceed into a sorrowful reminder of how much they cared for one another. The panic and sadness in Mista's eyes as he begged for information from the stand user was so freaking tragic with the knowledge that Buccelati's now gone. Mista jumped to, what should have been his death, without hesitation to save his boy. But he couldn't divert fate this time, and cutting back to reality, trying to wake him up, that was well done. It forced us to contextualize those we lost and what that means going forward.

The juxtaposition of comedy was excellently done as always. To contrast what they lost with the new bond between Mista and Trish who would obviously grow closer after borrowing each other's bodies was utterly sweet and hilarious. The moment which made me burst out in laughter however was upon seeing a miniature ghost Polnareff speaking to Giorno while half inside of the tortoise. There were so many heavy emotions at play, yet in the seriousness of the moment, the absurdity of the situation Polnareff has gotten himself into shined brightly.

I think there is something interesting to say about the cold cutaway to Godfather Giorno, rather than sitting on the realization that Buccelati was really gone. I also love that Mista continues to be the right hand man to Godfather Giorno. So cool, with a Polnareff to hang out with too. Mista ended up being my favorite character and giving him the spotlight at the very end was always going to be a plus for me.

Overall Thoughts
My favorite aspect of Vento Aureo could be described as it's identity or tone. That of bloody, bleak, and desperate moral grayness. No matter which party you look at, Buccelati's group, the Hitman squad, or even Diavolo himself, everyone is depicted struggling and fighting to the bitter end for what they believe in. And I mean bitter end, we had some of the bloodiest battles we've ever seen. The Hitman squad mirrored the Buccelati team and served as two groups with a shared love of their brothers, fighting for the same cause with different methods. Diavolo was struggling in nearly every scene we saw of him, he crawled in the dirt and ate a frog to survive. Not to forget, his disgust over Cioccolata, the grateful and suicidal Pericolo, or his practical method of doing things giving room for nuance. Through this conflict, no one was perfect, Giorno was an anti hero who would assassinate Diavolo's men in cold blood just as Diavolo would his.

Nothing encapsulates this identity better than the deaths. The assassinations like Polpo's "suicide" as he was trying to eat a banana, Melone being struck by a Gold Experience snake. But best of all, that of the main cast. Abbacchio and Narancia dying in the blink of an eye without even realizing they were in danger. And not for some meaningful reason, but rather the cold and mechanical decision to take out a stand which could serve as a threat. This is a gang war, the violence should feel uncaring and brutal like mob hits, and it does! Death is commonplace, for the heroes and the villains. Illuminating the fact by uncharacteristically killing off nearly every antagonist the gang crossed. All people who we could root for in some sense with a few exceptions.

The desperate bloodbath full of parties acting on their own motivations and resolve, even the smaller ones like Green Day and Oasis wanting to defeat the boss, or Clash and Talking Head sacrificing and fighting for one another, was strong. I have many smaller issues I have pointed out in the past which stopped me from being fully absorbed by the story, nor did many individual aspects jump out at me in a meaningful way, but Vento Aureo is greater than the sum of its parts and for a uniquely stylish Jojo part, I couldn't complain!
gfsdfgsdgsdfgsOct 28, 2020 2:58 PM
Feb 25, 2021 12:58 PM

Dec 2013
i admit that i wanted an end more "informative", but i kind like it and the journey was amazing. 9/10

THAT PART. <3

Mar 31, 2021 8:12 PM

Jan 2020
A very solid conclusion to both the mini flashback and this part as a whole. The whole theme of "fate" is a very interesting one indeed.

That last panel is gorgeous. I'll give this part a 7/10 and now that I've went back to read all the anime parts, I've read all the parts of jojo now. Very happy with my experience

Oct 28, 2021 3:34 AM
Apr 2021
Jojo part ending is good but not great give ending 7/10 and give part 7.5 or maybe 8 only give 8 if really good anime/manga with a lot problems but good but like ending but not biggest fan
Oct 29, 2022 2:07 AM

Jan 2011
And that's my second reread of Part 5, the first being when the good scans finished. Now I'm feeling the urge to replay the PS2 game, especially since then it's got an English patch.
Sep 20, 2023 7:11 PM

May 2022
GOD was diavolo disappointing.

i could go on and on about how much of a waste diavolo was. he had such a cool build-up and such a cool stand. being able to predict the future, erase it, and avoid fate itself is SO FUCKING COOL. well, araki mustve also erased the time he spent building up an interesting villain because why is he so boring?? it astonishes me how painfully uninteresting and unfun diavolo ended up being. why did u spend so much time building up how mysterious and enigmatic he is, and then just do nothing with his past or history whatsoever!! grahhhh!!!!

i do really like the rolling stones epilogue, though. it definitely helps heal the wounds of my disappointment with everything after green day & oasis.

yeah, overall, i loved so much of part 5. it had some of the best fights and characters so far. however, almost everything after the full diavolo reveal was just so... blehh. diavolo himself was just a single aspect of it. i guess it is what it is... 6/10!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Vento Aureo Chapter 100 Discussion

Stark700 - May 28, 2014

6 by mistercb »»
Mar 22, 8:26 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Vento Aureo Chapter 105 Discussion

Stark700 - May 28, 2014

5 by lolware »»
Feb 15, 7:54 AM

» Are there any characters (from JoJo or any other IPs) that wear an outfit like Giorno's?

Saori_Shun - Feb 12

1 by Adnash »»
Feb 12, 5:31 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Vento Aureo Chapter 52 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Mar 20, 2013

7 by lolware »»
Jan 31, 12:23 AM

» How does King Crimson work?

MABfan11 - May 6, 2019

4 by crocodileman94 »»
Aug 13, 2023 1:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.