Forum Settings
Forums

[GAME] Animangathon (20+ & Noms) 2016 [SIGNUP Closed]

New
Nov 9, 2016 1:46 PM

Feb 2014

Hello and welcome to the Anime & Manga Marathon! Where you can give recommendations for Anime and Manga and vice versa!
Credits to the AAFCG for making that concept

So how does this all work? Click on 'Introduction' to let me induct you to the game

If there are any further questions you can easily contact me :)
If everything is clear then let's start! Enlist yourselves and take part, invite your friends! And most importantly have fun, guys :)

Format: Anime
Maximum Episodes: (from - to -, or open)
Type: (Movie, OVA, ONA,TV)
Genres: (Likes), (Dislikes)
Extras: Subs, Dub (yes/no), licensed (yes/no), completed/airing or other

Format: Manga
Maximum Volumes/Chapters: (from - to -, or open)
Type: (Manga, Manwha, One-Shot)
Extras: licensed (yes/no), Scans (w/e), completed/publishing or other

This is just an example on how you could write it, you can of course add anything else if you want to.

• Anyone who fails to give us their rec before the end of the deadline will be removed from the game and will not receive recommendations, sorry :/
  • Make sure you updated your list with all the anime/manga you watched/read

Anime

1. SoulEaterQUEEN
  2. Cyborg_Dragon
  3. talonbone
  4. Tathagata
  5. Jackrito
  6. Revenga
  7. goran1989
  8. WisestOne
  9. exec
  10. ODJ
  11. Emperor_Lyon
  12. Shanashan
  13. gnerkus
  14. TsukinoHaruto
  15. Zoe

Manga

1. Emperor_Lyon
  2. ODJ
  3. WisestOne
  4. Jackrito
  5. Tathagata
  6. leNerd
  7. SoulEaterQUEEN

KOtANov 15, 2016 8:20 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 9, 2016 2:05 PM

Nov 2013
Entry Name: SoulEaterQUEEN

Maximum Episodes: 12 episodes/24 episodes
Type: (Movie, OVA, ONA,TV)
mystery, supernatural, drama (likes)
ecchi (though it's okay if a show has some ecchi elements, I can put up with it), yaoi, sports (isn't my favourite, but I can deal if it's got other elements I like) (dislikes)
Extras: Subs, Dub (yes/no):
fine for both
, licensed (yes/no): prefer to access on crunchyroll/funimation if possible but I can look deal without if need be, completed/airing or other: either is fine.

*I prefer to start a series that doesn't involve watching multiple seasons of something.*

Maximum Volumes/Chapters: short series if possible
Type: (Manga, Manwha, One-Shot) Anything
Genres: (Likes), (Dislikes) - see anime preferences
Extras: licensed (yes/no) - anything, Scans (w/e), completed/publishing or other - prefer completed for a short.
**prefer to not read something I have already seen if possible unless vastly differe**

(hope I did this right)
Nov 9, 2016 2:09 PM

Oct 2015
Maximum Episodes: 12 (i don't have that much time at the moment)
Type: tv
Genres: like something that could be be a decent action show in twelve episodes, would not mind if its the first season of a series as long its a decent first season with interesting stuff happening. i like my bit of science fiction and horror when it comes to anime as well. dont recommend me anything else.
Extras: Subs, licensed, completed
Nov 9, 2016 2:10 PM

Oct 2011
what was wrong with gwens post? if you wanted to start your own thread i dont see why you couldnt wait til 2017 to do it. that makes a lot more sense than starting a NEW 2016 animagthon thread which is the exact same thing, a month before 2016 is done..
btw since you totally copypastad it says 'The suggestions will then be sent to me or Kota by PM' lol. you should probably fix that

anywho

talonbone said:
talonbone said:

actually this time, something from my PTW list might be nice. its getting awfully long lol. and im not afraid to tackle just one so do your worst kids

im only 1/3 finished with beezlebub because naruto shippuden and pokemon XYZ are coming to an end real soon so i had to catch up. but i will get through this before the next round launches for sure!
talonboneNov 9, 2016 2:16 PM

Nov 9, 2016 2:37 PM
Aug 2014
Maximum Volumes/Chapters: up to 100 chapters
Type: doesnt matter
Genres: I like romance fantasy and scifi and dislike Shounen ai, Sports and comedy as a main genre without much else
Extras: completed pls, i dont like waiting for new chapters on another ongoing one
Nov 9, 2016 2:41 PM

Feb 2014
@RachelPanda , in one club should be enough

@talonbone , as you can see there's a reason to have a new one , if you cant see it well less drugs and drinks and you might be able to see it soon AND nah , not gonna fix that part , too lazy to do it
Nov 9, 2016 2:47 PM

Nov 2010
Maximum Episodes N/A
Type: N/A
Genres:
(Likes): Romance, Horror, Action, Shounen, Shoujo, Comedy... Almost anything is great really :P If its not under my dislikes then it should be just fine xD
(Dislikes): Hentai... And extreme ecchi... some ecchi is fine, but to a certain degree ^^'
Extras:
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tathagata Feel free to look at my list... Plan to watch or something entirely new, anything is fine :)
Prefered completed, but if not it's fine :) and of course possible to find online xD Sub is prefered over Dub but anything is ok :) also raw versions is also okay :)

Maximum Chapters/Volumes N/A
Type: N/A
Genres:
(Likes): Romance, Horror, Action, Shounen, Shoujo, Comedy... Almost anything is great really :P But i LOVE romance most when it comes to manga xD but anything thats not at my Dislikes is fine :)
(Dislikes): Hentai... And extreme ecchi... some ecchi is fine, but to a certain degree ^^'
Extras:
https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tathagata Feel free to look at my list... Plan to read or something entirely new, anything is fine :)
Prefered completed, but if not it's fine :)
As long as its possible to find it online then i dont care about the rest xD
Nov 9, 2016 2:53 PM

Apr 2014
Entry Name: Jackrito

Maximum Episodes: Open
Type:Any
mystery, supernatural, drama, Romance , pretty much anything tbh (likes)
Yaoi, SOL that have no development (dislikes)
Extras: Subs, Dub (yes/no):
fine for both
licensed (yes/no): prefer to access on crunchyroll/funimation if possible but I can look deal without if need be, completed/airing or other: either is fine.

Maximum Volumes/Chapters: Open
Type: (Manga, Manwha, One-Shot) Anything
Genres: (Likes), (Dislikes) - see anime preferences
Extras: licensed (yes/no) - anything, Scans (w/e), completed/publishing or other - can be any don't really mind
Nov 9, 2016 3:27 PM

Dec 2008
Maximum Episodes: open
Type: any type is ok
Genres: Likes: SoL. comedy. shoujo-ai
Dislikes: harem. Romance.
Extras: Subs: yes. Dub: preferably no, but if the dub is good I might give it a try.
licensed: it's ok either way. preferably completed.
Nov 9, 2016 4:39 PM

Oct 2011
KOtA said:
@RachelPanda , in one club should be enough

@talonbone , as you can see there's a reason to have a new one , if you cant see it well less drugs and drinks and you might be able to see it soon AND nah , not gonna fix that part , too lazy to do it
i dont see how a collabo animangathon would work tbh

Nov 9, 2016 4:47 PM

Apr 2014
Maximum Episodes: -30
Type: Any
Genres: -Likes : Romance, Action, Shounen, Shoujo, Comedy... pretty much anything if it is good :D
Extras: I prefer completed but its ok if its airing...

Now entertain me !! mwa-ha-ha-ha......
Nov 9, 2016 5:06 PM

Oct 2013
Yay, Alice and Jack!! <3

@talonbone no worries, we just decided to make the audience a big bigger by spreading the word. As you saw last time the total number of participants were lousy :D You can enlist in both clubs (not simultaneously) which means you may get a recommendation from someone on the other club or here. :3

@KOtA put up a list for Anime and Manga pl0x :3
GwendollyNov 9, 2016 5:11 PM
<3
Nov 9, 2016 5:11 PM

Jan 2015
Maximum Episodes: (from 1 to 24)
Genres: I like Romance, Action, Psychological.
Dislike Horro, Yaoi/yuri shounen-ai/shoujo-ai)
Extras: Sub Only

Maximum Volumes/Chapters: (from 10 to 100)
Genres: I like Romance, Action, Psychological.
Dislike Horro, Yaoi/yuri shounen-ai/shoujo-ai)
Nov 9, 2016 5:22 PM

Jun 2008
Maximum Episodes: open
Type: TV
Genres:
-Yuri
-Mahou Shoujo
-Comedy
-Josei
-Shoujo
-Slice of Life
Dislikes
-Sports
-Yaoi
-Hentai
Extras: Subs/Raws

Well, lets try being social for once :>
Nov 9, 2016 5:28 PM

Apr 2013
Format: Animu and/or Mango
Max eps: n/a
Type: Anything goes
Digs: Comedy, Romance, Action, Ecchi
Dislikes: Drama, Horror, Shounen Ai, Yaoi
Other stuff: random words that make a sentence! - I really like stories where there is romantic resolution
Nov 9, 2016 6:47 PM

Oct 2011
Gwendolly said:
Yay, Alice and Jack!! <3

@talonbone no worries, we just decided to make the audience a big bigger by spreading the word. As you saw last time the total number of participants were lousy :D You can enlist in both clubs (not simultaneously) which means you may get a recommendation from someone on the other club or here. :3

i guess so but the only way to communicate with your reccer in another club is via profile comment or pm. assuming its not disabled. it still might work though

Nov 9, 2016 7:19 PM

Dec 2015
Entry Name: Emperor_Lyon

Accepting Recommendations for both Anime and Manga

Maximum Episodes: Don't care too much, except for extremes. If it's over say 300 episodes or so then I might give it a try but I probably won't make much of a dent into the anime

Type: Don't mind. I've been trying to watch more Movie, ONA, OVA but I always end up leaving them unfinished. TV shows are fine as well.
I like just about everything if it's good for its genre. I'd prefer if the anime erred on the lower spectrum of ecchi, but at the same time I love No Game No Life, which has a ton of ecchi. As long as it's good, anything's ok pretty much.
Extras: Subs, Dub (yes/no), licensed (yes/no), completed/airing or other
I usually prefer subs, but if you think the dub is exceptional, feel free to shoot it my way. Also recently I've been trying to get into older anime so don't be afraid to recommend an oldie but goodie.

(Not a huge manga reader but I figured why not.)
Maximum Volumes/Chapters: Don't have a maximum chapter
Type: (Manga, Manwha, One-Shot)- I'd probably prefer manga.
Genres: (Likes), (Dislikes)- I like some action, but feel free to give me genres that will broaden my taste.
Extras: I'd preferably like some variety between short, concise mangas, and longer epic mangas. Also because I've read so little, I would prefer recommendations based more on the quality of the work over what my personal preferences may seem like. Essentially, all I'm saying is don't feel pressured to give recommendations based on my tastes alone, I will readily welcome any one of your own all-time favorite mangas as a recommendation. Whether or not it seems like I'll like it.
Emperor_LyonNov 21, 2016 7:03 PM
Nov 9, 2016 8:08 PM

Oct 2009
Shanashan's 3rd Participation! :3
♡ Format: Anime
♡ Link to my list: ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪
☆ Maximum Episodes: Anything that is possible to be completed within 2 weeks.
☆ Type: Movie only.
☆ Looking for:
    Anything that doesn't require me to watch prequel/sequel to understand the movie; but I'm fine if the movie is the prequel itself, or if I have already completed the prequel of the movie.
    No Studio Ghibli please (bcos I already planned to watch all of them xD), but something that gives out similar feeling to Studio Ghibli are fine.
✗ Please NO: Hentai, Yaoi, Yuri, Shoujo Ai, Shounen Ai
☆ Extras: Eng Sub; Completed; Available in any versions but not camrip please; Anime scored at least 7.0 in MAL
Nov 9, 2016 8:58 PM

Nov 2013
Gwendolly said:
Yay, Alice and Jack!! <3

teehee, I forget that I am part of 20+ sometimes.
I'm a ghost member :D but we can blame mafia for eating so much of my time. So psyched for this~
Nov 9, 2016 10:54 PM

May 2015
Maximum Episodes: (from 1 to 24)
Genres:
Like: Romance, Action, Psychological, Comedy, Horror.
Dislike: Yaoi/yuri, shounen-ai/shoujo-ai
Extras: Sub Only
Nov 10, 2016 3:34 AM

Apr 2014
SoulEaterQUEEN said:
Gwendolly said:
Yay, Alice and Jack!! <3

teehee, I forget that I am part of 20+ sometimes.
I'm a ghost member :D but we can blame mafia for eating so much of my time. So psyched for this~

At least you can admit you have a addiction problem I guess lol. Looking forward to this personally need to get back into anime and manga and this seems a good way to do it.
Nov 10, 2016 7:39 AM

Apr 2016
Ah it looks like there's nothing against being in the original and the joint one <w<..~
Maximum Episodes: Any number is fine(Just don't give me One Piece or Conan).
Type: Movie or TV
The Awesome: Fantasy, Psychological, Comedy, but close to anything really.
The Drags: Yaoi or Harem(but if it makes for some really funny scenes, it could be accepted).
Extras: Subs.. and if it's hard to find me something new don't be afraid to push me into my PTW; I might prefer that with how large it is, in fact. xD
TsukinoHarutoNov 13, 2016 10:40 AM
"I reserve my right to feel uncomfortable, reserve my right to be afraid,
I make mistakes and I am humbled every step of the way,
I want to be a better person, I wanna know the master plan,
Cast your stones, cast your judgment. You don't make me who I am."
Nov 14, 2016 3:53 AM

Jun 2015
Maximum Episodes: Anything under 24/25. (Don't really have the patience/time for longer running shows for the next few months.)
Type: I'm not picky about this. Anything's fine.
Genres:
Likes : Psychological/Mystery done right.. Seinin/Josei.. Politics.. Brain-teaser types.
Dislikes : Horror, History, Moe. Basically avoid scary stuff and go for something with a good story-line and that will work for me! Plot = everything I'm looking for recently.
Extras: Subs only. Completed only. Also, please don't suggest series that break off mid-way and trail off into the manga so you're basically forced to read the manga to know what happens. It ticks me off bad lol. Unless the story is bomb. Then its okay!

We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized that-
-the real monsters
reside inside us..
Nov 14, 2016 6:47 AM

Feb 2014
KOtANov 15, 2016 8:21 AM
Nov 22, 2016 12:16 PM

Apr 2016
Hoho so I've been given Fate/Zero. I actually tried to start this one with a friend but due to (seemingly never-ending) time restraints on his part we only ever got through a couple episodes. So I can say my reccer has picked a good one for me based on what I've already seen. >:3
Nov 22, 2016 4:10 PM

Oct 2011
ive got devil is a part timer and noragami! never heard of noragami but ive heard devil is a part timer is super funny so im looking forward to it. i love comedies

Nov 23, 2016 1:27 PM

Jun 2008
I've got Suki tte ii na yo, wathced the whole series, not so bad, the charas are all likeable, has a bit of slice of life 'ish feel to it since the drama that happens isn't too serious, if you compare it to other shows. Generously speaking I would say I liked the show, but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece.
Nov 27, 2016 10:43 AM

Oct 2015
So I got eden of the east and watched the first episode. I am getting those zankyou no terror vibes. I really loved that first episode it was one of the best thing I watched in a while. I hope it gets more interesting.
Dec 2, 2016 4:54 PM

Nov 2010
Okay let me get to this xD

have both manga and anime here so let me get to it xD

Manga: Got Uwagaki & Koe no Katachi

Uwagaki - Got to admit when i first looked it up i was a bit like "wtf is this... you gotta be kidding me..." but i read a bit about it and well yeah i read it since it was recommended for me :P was positively surprised :P not a series i would have ever picked up myself at all and it was quite interesting even if not what i would usually read even if romance and all ^^ so yeah i did enjoy it :P

Koe no Katachi - planned to watch the movie since it was all over the internet and never really got to it... but never really thought about the fact that of course there would be a manga over it... This one was AWESOME!! <3 some of the most amazing i've read for a long time... Might have picked it up myself but could have taken years before i actually got to that xD so thanks xD

Anime:

Hells - Well had it on my list for like... forever? I actually even forgot it was on my plan to watch cause my PTW is so... filled up with all the stuff i come by that sounds interesting at first but i then tend to forget about and the good series/Movies end up drowning in my 500+ entry PTW... so actually if i wasnt recommended this movie i might never have picked it up... I'm glad i got pressed into watching it thou xD it was so weird, random and made me think way too much about it all which i liked a lot xD also always loved that artstyle a lot ._. and that in a movie with such a random, yet touching and weird story was just epic xD so yeah... :) thanks xD

Enjoyed all my recommendations a lot :) It was really fun :D
Dec 16, 2016 1:39 PM

Oct 2015
So I finally got to binge watch all the episodes of Eden Of The East in the past two days (my internet was cruddy recently and ffxv came out). I am still currently considering whether I should give it a ten as it was the first anime in a while to make me binge watch.

I liked the main character akira and some of the plot twist and humor despite the show being about terrorism in a sense. It was a good thrill ride and I love all the stuff they do with the whole idea of neets blended in. I liked what it did with its minor characters and its villians. the only thing im odd about is how the end did not feel complete but I am probably going to watch the two films that follow.

Dec 23, 2016 11:28 AM

Apr 2016
Man I took a huge break in the middle there but I finally finished both seasons of Fate/Zero and wow. I'm about to pursue the rest of the series after that haha. I've got lots of friends who love the series as a whole and I just got a small tidbit of why; can't wait to dive further. Quite grateful to my reccer for this. nwn
Jan 5, 2017 9:48 PM

Jun 2015
I watched what was recommended to me a while ago, I forgot to make a post here about it though :3 Sorry!

I got 'Selector Infected WIXOSS' (first season) as my recommendation. It wasn't quite what I was asking for but I did have a good time watching it. There were positives and negatives in it but I ended up binge watching all 3 seasons in the middle of a move so I guess that explains how eager I was about it :D A big thank you to whoever recommended it, I'm dying to know who you are so I can discuss it with you haha!

@KotA
Any idea when the names shall be revealed?

We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized that-
-the real monsters
reside inside us..
Jan 6, 2017 6:31 AM

Feb 2014
SOON I SWEAR
Jan 7, 2017 7:06 AM

Feb 2014
Anime

Pure-Sky recommended @Mayumi

RachelPanda recommended @Cyborg_Dragon

Blondie recommended @Talonbone

Uniqvoid recommended @Shanashan

Wrath recommended @WisestOne

Mayumi recommended @Blondie

Hinaaa recommended @All

SoulEaterQUEEN recommended @ODJ

Cyborg_Dragon recommended @TsukinoHaruto

talonbone recommended @Wrath

Tathagata recommended @Jackrito

Jackrito recommended @Zoe

Revenga recommended @SoulEaterQUEEN

goran1989 recommended @Exec

WisestOne recommended @goran1989

exec recommended @Tathagata

ODJ recommended @Hinaaa

Emperor_Lyon recommended @Gnerkus

Shanashan recommended @Pure-Sky

Hosts recommended @Revenga

TsukinoHaruto recommended @Emperor-Lyon

Zoe recommended @RachelPanda

Manga

Tathagata recommended @leNerd

Emperor_Lyon recommended @ODJ

Hinaaa recommended @Jackrito

leNerd recommended @Pure-Sky

Wrath recommended @SoulEaterQUEEN

Jackrito recommended @All

SoulEaterQUEEN recommended @Hinaaa

RachelPanda recommended @Mayumi

All recommended @WisestOne

WisestOne recommended @RachelPanda

Mayumi recommended @Emperor_Lyon

Pure-Sky recommended @Wrath

ODJ recommended @Tathagata
KOtAJan 8, 2017 3:24 AM
Jan 30, 2017 5:17 PM

Oct 2011
thank you blondie for the rec! sorry it took me so long to finish, ive been watching WAY too much yugioh but i finally got around to finishing this up lol
devil is a part timer was freaking awesome, i loved it! really hoping for a season 2
noragami on the other hand though was really meh for me. had a really hard time holding my attention and seemed like a real chore toward the end. despite that it was watchable and wasnt the worst but thank you anyway ^^

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.