Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 9, 2016 11:18 AM

Feb 2016
So I'm at episode 3 now and after reading the reviews I expected way worse, it doesn't even seem that bad so far maybe because I haven't read the manga or played the game before I don't really have a comparison.

So basically I wanna know what went wrong with the anime they should/shouldn't have done?
Sep 16, 2018 9:04 AM

Jun 2012
Lyrel said:
So I'm at episode 3 now and after reading the reviews I expected way worse, it doesn't even seem that bad so far maybe because I haven't read the manga or played the game before I don't really have a comparison.

So basically I wanna know what went wrong with the anime they should/shouldn't have done?

imo it's because of the lack of BL content or even hints of it (cuz yeah, even in the manga they ended having a XXX scene, it wasn't extremely graphic like the +18 version of the game BUT it was there, on volume 7 if I remember correctly)

but then again most animes inspired in otome games (be it BL or not) tend to have open endings and the main chara never ends up with anyone (or at least it's extremely rare, an example would be hiiro no Kakera)

honestly? I thought it was good, I've seen worse and I did enjoy the anime adaptation
(and I knew both the +18 & +16 versions of the game, the mangas, etc so it's not like I'm a noob when it comes to TnC)

the "main" route of TnC is Shiki (N is like some sort of secret route, but Shiki is the main one, if I remember correctly he is the one to have the most endings), but the first XXX scene was a rape scene!, it certainly wouldn't have been appropiate to animate AND broadcast it on tv, at most the only thing they would have been able to do was to animate an OVA with the time Akira was at Shiki's apartment but I doubt it would have worked, the anime was released years after Togainu was first released and I don't think it would have been popular enough to justify the cost of an +18 OVA on top of everything else, let's be honest

imo it had its own charm, like the manga (that most yaoi/tnc fans hate because of the lack of yaoi content <--- which was 0 until "that" volume) and the censured/+16 version of the game (and well...the "infamous" +18 PC game)
NemuriNezumiJan 15, 9:14 AM

- I only draw freestyle! -

More topics from this board

Poll: » Togainu no Chi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 23, 2010

130 by yveltalkyogre »»
Feb 25, 2022 8:50 AM

Poll: » Togainu no Chi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

59 by Arzoden »»
May 22, 2020 6:40 PM

Poll: » Togainu no Chi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nightrays - Nov 18, 2010

61 by Arzoden »»
May 19, 2020 2:34 PM

Poll: » Togainu no Chi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Nov 11, 2010

83 by Arzoden »»
May 19, 2020 2:11 PM

Poll: » Togainu no Chi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 4, 2010

56 by Arzoden »»
May 18, 2020 9:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.