Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2016 1:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think the Professor is still trying to get in Reiji's head. I am impressed by his dueling talent though..at least seems legit.

Yuya in his berserk mode is epic to watch. Dark Rebellion and Pendulum Dragon summoned at once :D. Honestly, I think this is the most intense I've seen Yuya so far in a long time.

Interesting to see Yuya's father step into the battle as well! About time since he's just trying to help his son.
Oct 30, 2016 3:21 AM
Jun 2011
it looks like yuya father going to betray his son by what he did in this episode
Oct 30, 2016 3:31 AM

Oct 2016
If the duel didn't get hacked, I expected Leo to pull an Eliphas and have a Scale 13, since he already created his own Fusion/Pendulum (which was Level 12).

And Zarc would've took Reiji down along with Leo, if it hadn't been for Yusho's hand Trap to error the system.

Haha, Leo ended up to where he started from, his chair.

Finally figured out that Yusho's role in the series is confirming a wide variety of theories, like this time, when he himself said that Yuzu was born near Yuya in order for Zarc to never awaken.

Next week is going to be exciting, with Edo and Kaito entering Yugo and Yuri's duel. Three dragons and a hero. *has a strange feeling Yuri will top them all*

elior1 said:
it looks like yuya father going to betray his son by what he did in this episode

No he won't, he kinda said he is going to save his son from Zarc, by preventing him from reviving.
Oct 30, 2016 4:15 AM
Jun 2011
Tigerdrenalin said:
If the duel didn't get hacked, I expected Leo to pull an Eliphas and have a Scale 13, since he already created his own Fusion/Pendulum (which was Level 12).

And Zarc would've took Reiji down along with Leo, if it hadn't been for Yusho's hand Trap to error the system.

Finally figured out that Yusho's role in the series is confirming a wide variety of theories, like this time, when he himself said that Yuzu was born near Yuya in order for Zarc to never awaken.

Next week is going to be exciting, with Edo and Kaito entering Yugo and Yuri's duel. Three dragons and a hero. *has a strange feeling Yuri will top them all*

elior1 said:

No he won't, he kinda said he is going to save his son from Zarc, by preventing him from reviving.
it not looks this way. he pinned him to the wall and now planing to walk away leave him there.
Oct 30, 2016 6:35 AM
Apr 2013
elior1 said:
Tigerdrenalin said:

it not looks this way. he pinned him to the wall and now planing to walk away leave him there.

Tigerdrenalin is right. Yusho pinned Yuya to stop Zarc from causing more havoc. Yusho said "I will stop Zarc's revival. I won't let Yuya becoming a demon." As for why Yusho left, based on the PV and my usual source, I think Yusho left to find Yugo and Yuri who are also Zarc's reincarnations while entrusting the girls' rescue to Reiji.
Oct 30, 2016 11:10 AM
Sep 2014
The animation was awesome.

The dialogue for the girls is uninspiring to say the least, I know they can't do anything but them just providing useless duel dialogue and screaming out Yuya/Yuto's names is getting really tedious. Rin going "Me too" when everyone else was talking was funnier than it should be, poor girl gives Sawatari a run for his money in the most neglected in-universe character department.

It's both disappointing and completely typical that Yuri and Yugo haven't even been dueling offscreen and have just standing around these last few episodes.

The duel with Leo was alright, better than last week, but still isn't saying much. I'm fine with Yuya not debuting Fusion Pendulums, he debuts way to much stuff that he ends up never using as it is. Akaba was disappointing, he should have at least added Swamp King to fuse his monsters in the grave to call out Caesar Ragnorak, assuming the anime conditions are the same as irl. Reira passing out was unintentionally hilarious, so much for strongest warrior.

Next week doesn't look very promising tbh. I don't really care for Kaito and Edo is a complete waste. I'd have rather gotten just Yuri vs Yugo but if this way we can trim down on characters than fine.
Oct 30, 2016 3:58 PM

Feb 2013
The duel was getting to the good part and it ended like that, I'm really disappointed with this anime.
Oct 30, 2016 4:37 PM
Apr 2013
Obviously Yusho is going to interfere with Yuri's and Yugo's duels.
Oct 30, 2016 5:14 PM
Sep 2012
Well that was awesome. Those dragon holly crap. Leo must really be confident or just so far gone, because if I saw coming at me, I would be losing it.

Still don't like Leo's hypocrisy, I am going to kill Yuya but I am going to let Yuri live, that is not fair, kill them all if you really believe in it.

And Yusho thinking about him being used by Zarc all along, got to me thinking Leo is so obsessed with getting Ray back, and he don't realize he was played like a puppet by Zarc as well, and this was all part of his plan, if Leo left well enough along and let the 4 dimension be separate, none of this would happen, Zarc would comeback.

I am glad Yusho didn't fully turn on Yuya, he stepped in and restrained him, not to the point of believing in Leo's words, thinking his son is a demon and want to kill him. Still at the moment, don't expect nothing on father's day.

I am hoping the rest of the series, the dimension merge, be cool to see all the side characters from different dimension interact, like what is left of the LDS trio meet the Heartland resistant, or the most obvious one is Tatsuya, Futoshi, and Ayu team up with Crow's orphan kids. And last but not least Noro and Gyaraga team up.

Great episode, and I hope this mean Ray or at least the 4 counterparts get to be the true heroes of the series and defeat Zarc. Though I feel it will be a group effort, I think Ray or the 4 bracelet girls will be the main ones to stop Zarc.
Oct 30, 2016 6:11 PM

Oct 2011
Scale 12 omfg.
Yusho binding Zarc omg
Oct 30, 2016 6:29 PM
Feb 2016
...Okay I wasn't expecting the Fusion/Pendulum monster from Leo, nor was I expecting Yusho's mysterious card to do what it did, but literally everything about this episode was just perfect. I seriously can't wait until next episode, more Yuri finally!
Oct 30, 2016 7:51 PM
Jan 2013
Will Leo realize that all this time that kidnapping Ray's counterpart is the one instigating Zarc's revival?

Also, didn't Performapal Fugolem and Odd-Eyes went to graveyard because of Fugolem's effect? Why were they suddenly in extra deck? Literally confused.

All in all, cool episode.
Oct 31, 2016 1:35 AM

Oct 2016
dex_dash said:

Also, didn't Performapal Fugolem and Odd-Eyes went to graveyard because of Fugolem's effect? Why were they suddenly in extra deck? Literally confused.

Even though Yuya stated that the Fusion Materials are sent to the Graveyard, the effect of Fugolem doesn't:

"During your Main Phase, if this card was Pendulum Summoned this turn: You can Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters you control as Fusion Materials, including this card."

It just uses monsters on the field as materials, meaning Pendulum Monsters are sent face-up to the Extra Deck regularly and meaning the directors made a mistake with Yuya's lines the previous episode.
TigerdrenalinOct 31, 2016 1:39 AM
Oct 31, 2016 2:32 AM

Sep 2016
Reiji just baffled the entire duel lmao
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 31, 2016 4:25 AM

Jul 2016
If anyone is wondering, Fugolem sent Odd-Eyes and itself to the Extra Deck because they were used as fusion materials from the field (which, according to the rules sends them to the Extra Deck. If they were used from the hand they'd be sent to the graveyard). I think you can see Yuya putting them in the graveyard in Ep. 128, but that's an animation error
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Oct 31, 2016 8:40 AM
Jan 2013
Tigerdrenalin said:
Even though Yuya stated that the Fusion Materials are sent to the Graveyard, the effect of Fugolem doesn't:

"During your Main Phase, if this card was Pendulum Summoned this turn: You can Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters you control as Fusion Materials, including this card."

It just uses monsters on the field as materials, meaning Pendulum Monsters are sent face-up to the Extra Deck regularly and meaning the directors made a mistake with Yuya's lines the previous episode.

HitSquare said:
If anyone is wondering, Fugolem sent Odd-Eyes and itself to the Extra Deck because they were used as fusion materials from the field (which, according to the rules sends them to the Extra Deck. If they were used from the hand they'd be sent to the graveyard). I think you can see Yuya putting them in the graveyard in Ep. 128, but that's an animation error

Got it, the card itself doesn't mention "send this card to graveyard for fusion summon" effect so it still follows pendulum monster's rule. In other words, it's both animation and dialogue error. Thanks for the clarification!
Oct 31, 2016 2:33 PM

Oct 2016
I thought of something interesting after this Fugolem/Yuugolem discussion. What if it wasn't a dialogue error the previous episode.

Since Zarc was possessing Yuya at the time of the Fusion Summon of Gattling Ghoul, I was thinking... maybe it wasn't a dialogue error and instead, it could've been that Zarc didn't know the mechanic of Pendulum Monsters that sends them to the Extra Deck when they leave the field. And now that I think about it, whenever he possessed Yuya, he never had the opportunity to have his Pendulum Cards destroyed.

Remember the 1st Yuya vs Sora duel. Both of them knew about Summoning many monsters from the hand but not what happens if they were to be destroyed.

The only exception when Yuya was possessed and Zarc could've witnessed Pendulums being in the Extra Deck would be the Yuya vs Crow duel, in which Yuya used "Amazing Pendulum" to add Destruction and Creation Magician from his Extra Deck to his hand.

However, this was also the time Yuya was mind controlled by Roger with that chip which could've also blocked Zarc's memory of the event as well as Yuya's, the chip that was destroyed only at the end of the duel. And why I think his mind was blocked by that chip (at least partially)... It's because Zarc didn't show the same level of consciousness and intelligence in that duel as he did in his later duels when he started expressing himself more by making comments and mocking his opponents.

SO, to sum up, Zarc thought he sent his Fusion Materials to the Graveyard because he was used to having them sent there his whole life. But instead, they popped up in his Extra Deck. And only when Leo Pendulum Summoned Salamander Core back from the Extra Deck did Zarc learn that he could do that as well.
Nov 1, 2016 10:09 AM

Jul 2016
I don't know why, but in this episode, I want Akaba Leo to win the duel, and beat the *hit out of Yuya (Zarc). But, it's get hijacked by his father instead :'(
Fusion/Pendulum Lv 12, just wow
Nov 24, 2017 6:47 AM

Mar 2014
Yuri and Yugo be like repeating "HITOTSU NI" constantly during all these episodes. Sora must have seen some shit.
So the main character is also the main antagonist. This is pretty original for a YGO anime.
Feb 11, 2018 5:41 AM

May 2016
That episode was...........10/10

Reo having his own Pendulum/Fusion hybird was cool. Reiji getting character development was kinda nice and seeing Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon once again made me give this show 100/100 for biased reason.

Now we're onto Yuri vs Yugo vs Edo and Kaito next week.
Feb 12, 2018 6:34 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
ZARC IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO KICKASS EVIL !!!!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Feb 16, 2018 12:15 PM

May 2016
Zarc: It doesn't matter what you want!
Apr 8, 2019 12:48 AM

Dec 2012
Roll credits!
Dis-swing Fusion?
Roll credits!
Roll credits!
Yushou's card.
Action cards keep saving Yuya. smh
Dat draw.
Raging.
Oh shit! Reiji took damage.
Roll credits!
Yushou enters the duel.
Binding Swords of Impact?
Yuya got pinned.
The duel has ended.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 13, 2020 6:26 PM

Feb 2014
What the fuck was that card played by Yushou that required such a big sacrifice, his whole hand? an ilegal card that canceled the duel, first time I have seen that in the anime, I think.
Jul 25, 2022 5:06 AM

Jul 2013
So Leo's plan is to:
1. Fuse the 4 girls back into his daughter and
2. Kill off Zarc for good

To accomplish this, he did:
1. Recruit Yuri as an Academia soldier.
2. Send Yuri to kidnap the girls, thus removing the "stopper" that's there to prevent Zarc from reviving, AND create the opportunity for Zarc's counterparts to meet one another.
3. Raze the Xyz dimension to the ground, painting himself as the ultimate bad guy to make sure that plenty other characters would turn against him.
4. Brainwash the girls after they're kidnapped instead of, you know, activate Arc-V right away to get it over with.
5. Not card Yugo when the perfect opportunity presented itself in 117.
6. Send the brainwashed girls to fight Yuya, enraging him so that Zarc has an easier time taking over his body.
7. Activate Arc-V right in front of Yuya just in case he wasn't mad enough.

Are we sure that Leo isn't working for Zarc this whole time? That would be far more believable than someone with this level of incompetency. Literally the reason the Yuyas are even in the same building right now is thanks to Leo.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.