Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 25, 2016 2:22 AM

May 2009
Really enjoyed these 4 eps more than the entire season 1. Dazai suicide tendency will be more meaningful since finally we know why. I dont want to get my hopes up, but we'll see.
Oct 25, 2016 5:58 AM
Feb 2016
F*ck atsushi, Oda rocks
Oct 25, 2016 8:55 AM

Dec 2015
Oh, I didn't know this episode was released early. :/

The prequel arc comes to an end. Poor Odasaku, but I guess at least now he's reunited with his orphans. That gunfight was great, and we learn that Odasaku is the catalyst for Dazai's departure. Seeing Dazai now, it's easier to understand him and his actions. Looks like we resume the main plot next episode (which to be honest, I've already largely forgotten).

On the voice acting side: Miyano continues a strong performance as Dazai, as always, and this episode further highlighted his skill, especially during the heartwrenching cries. Suwabe delivers a final fantastic episode, portraying a walking dead man with nothing more to lose. A cameo appearance by Hiroshi is never a bad thing. I've been impressed with Bungou's casting since day one, and their choices in this arc is as great as season one's.

RIP Odasaku, you will be missed.
Oct 25, 2016 9:12 AM

Apr 2010
Haven't cried like a little bitch for awhile, so this feels kinda refreshing. . . Miyano Mamoru really did an amazing job voicing Dazai...

Oh man why must it end that way! I kinda was rooting for Oda...
Oct 25, 2016 12:32 PM
Mar 2012
Great atmosphere, solid dialogues.
Character-changing backstory on Dazai 4 yrs ago, how these 3 main guys all seek death in their own way, and his only friend Odasaku made Dazai go 180. I like how the arc was presented, and how it adds a lot to one of the best characters in s1, and how it relates to Atsushi.
Meeting of two bosses both creepy & funny.
Oct 25, 2016 7:39 PM
Apr 2016
well i must say that i enjoy this 4 EP way more than the whole S1, i'm gonna miss that bar. i really liked the music and how was presented the story here.
Odasaku it's a bad ass. he was a really cool character.
Oct 26, 2016 3:51 AM

Jun 2013
One of my favorite characters Edogawa Ranpo made an appearance! :D

Goodbye to Odasaku TT___TT
臭い-
Oct 26, 2016 5:04 AM

Dec 2015
Seems to be the final episode of the mini Dazai arc. I really enjoyed it, this had a more mature feel to it than the previous season (although I liked that as well)

Next episode I we will be back to the main story it seems so I will be looking forward to that
Oct 26, 2016 10:04 AM

Nov 2015
R.I.P Odasaku, he was the best character from Bungou Stray Dogs with good ideologies and objectives.

I really enjoyed this arc from the beginning until the end.
But I'm afraid that the remaining 8 episodes can't keep up with that.

4/5 for the episode
8.5/10 for the arc
Oct 26, 2016 11:18 AM

Apr 2010
I didn't wand Oda to die... but I guess it was easier as I knew it would happen. Though I did feel tears try to pool. Guess the two weeks wait made it easier for me.

Oct 26, 2016 11:11 PM

Jun 2009
Oh man what an ending to this arc. Sad to see Odasaku die in the end, but what can you do. ;_;

I was happy to see Ranpo in it!! And seeing Dazai in the end in his current clothes made me happy, as well. Finally we can pick back up with the current stuff!! (And I can see my short mafia husband again....... <3 )

You have been blessed by sparkly bishie Cherry Blossom <3 You're welcome ^^

Oct 27, 2016 12:44 PM

Jun 2014
Odasaku.. T-T

well back to the crew next week
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2016 2:00 PM
Jul 2016
wow this episode was just so sad and amazing i hope the rest of the anime is too and i really really hope that they don't bring back the old MC from the first season
Oct 27, 2016 7:45 PM

Jun 2016
Poor Oda, but overall this arc has stood out so much more than the entire first season. Really liked this arc.
Oct 29, 2016 6:51 AM

Dec 2013
I can't even say much cause I have tears in my eyes...

//crying cinnamon roll

Really, 2nd season flashback arc became so heavy. I am not sure if I can move past this hahaha...
//cries in blanket //this wasn't supposed to happen

Oct 29, 2016 9:26 AM

Jul 2015
Now that was a dang good arc I must say. The entirety of the first season didn't have much of a story it followed, it was more like random events happening based on the story the was set up, not sure how to describe it. But this was a full story from start to finish, and it did a fantastic job. I hope the rest of it keeps up this more serious approach, or at least some of it. And the music was great in this episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 29, 2016 10:11 AM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode, a 10/10.
Odasaku's death helped Dazai by opening his eyes...his life will never be better unless he changes sides.
RIP Odasaku.
Can't wait for next episode.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 29, 2016 12:31 PM
Jan 2016
Damn, I'm in so much emotional pain now.. This episode definitely gave Dazai's character a lot more depth and did an amazing job in bringing the backstory to an end. 5/5!
Oct 30, 2016 5:57 AM

May 2014
So that's the end of the past arc then!

I'm so glad we got to see Dazai's past, I really couldn't help but shed a little tear at the end right there since everything ties in so nicely and we now know the whole reason he is where he is. ;_;
It was also wonderful to see Ranpo making a little cameo too!

I already knew Odasaku's fate bc of spoilers, but I gotta say that the showdown between him and Gide was visually stunning. I didn't cry at Oda's death because it felt a little too overly dramatic for my tastes, but it was still great nonetheless. Death really is a difficult thing to portray, I guess.

Anyway, back to the present next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2016 10:23 PM

Jul 2010
So few anime's stir my emotions. This episode was sad and interesting, an interesting conclusion to this arc. Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 31, 2016 5:23 PM

Oct 2008
What a very nice episode!
Too bad OdaSaku has fallen.
Good character development for Dazai.
And the story continues next episode!
5/5!

Nov 1, 2016 7:11 AM

Apr 2016
A fitting end to the story, executed nicely. The animation was really nice, especially the action scenes.
I really wanted Oda-saku to not die, but for plot reasons, he had to.
Also, Ranpo-san spotted. I think this is the first time we saw his eyes open.
Next episode back to the original timeline!
I wonder if we will see Ango again.
Nov 1, 2016 7:42 AM

Dec 2014
like the new visuals of both op and ed..... Dazai back story explained many things... I hope the girl is found soon
Nov 1, 2016 9:28 AM

Apr 2012
Yeah I was sure that Odasaku would die in the end but still NOOO NOT ODASAKU!!! :'(( This was a great prequel I really enjoyed watching how this Dazai became the Dazai we all know. :D But now I'm curious how the story will go. I hope we can meet all the caharcters' story until Atsushi's appearance. That would be great. ^^
Nov 1, 2016 1:50 PM

Aug 2015
This episode was so badass. Can't wait to see the main cast again...
The animation was top notch also the sound was great liked the use of classical music when oda fought gide that fight was awesome. Atleast we now know why dazai left the port mafia.
Liking traps is gay and liking Lolis is Pedophila.
Come at me bruh!
Nov 2, 2016 2:56 AM

Apr 2016
I have really enjoyed watching Oda as the main character and now I am hoping for the rest of the season to be like this great. *thumbs up* (o.o)
Nov 2, 2016 8:27 AM
Aug 2012
Best episode of the year. I hope the anime keeps getting better. Please dont overcomedy like season 1.
Nov 2, 2016 9:44 AM

Mar 2009
Odasaku was an awesome character. Rest in peace, dude.
The Port Mafia boss is such a piece of shit, orchestrating everything, including the death of the orphans. I'm glad Dazai left them in the end.

Overall, it was an incredible flashback, and added even more substance to the show and Dazai's character. But it was very sad. Poor orphan kids. Poor Odasaku. :(
Nov 2, 2016 11:07 AM

Jan 2015
Odasaku was a brilliant written character. Loved his arc. <3
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

Nov 2, 2016 7:33 PM

May 2015
The stage has been set for an all out war! Sweet!
Nov 5, 2016 11:01 AM

Aug 2013
this arc just so awesome!! glad to know Dazai-san wanted to help people
oh, I got to see Ranpo-san here, he's so cute~

Nov 5, 2016 5:08 PM
Jul 2016
This was one the best Plottwist, that i ever seen in an Anime. Just perfect! The Plottwist was so sad, but I´m very excited, who the Anime will continue :) Really Awesome Anime :D
Nov 24, 2016 8:40 AM
May 2015
Was one of the best episodes ever!!!
Nov 27, 2016 5:29 AM

Sep 2013
That was an amazing arc. Really enjoyed it.

Wonder if Ando will ever come back into the story.
Damn the boss really played everyone good...
Dec 8, 2016 9:06 AM

Apr 2014
Ehh, Odasaku was the rare character I liked.. :(
Dec 8, 2016 10:22 PM
Dec 2016
this was EPIC, and the music please anyone knwos the name of soundtracks of this Ep post it...
Dec 15, 2016 6:37 PM

Nov 2014
Great episode,but i don understand why chief taneda give dazai the work even though he knew dazai was an executive of port mafia?I mean, he just gave him the *good guy job* like that,without being skeptical of his motivation or something.... That really bother me,and i know i should not be bothered by it.Somebody help me....
Where Words Fail, Music Speaks.

-Han Christian Anderson
Dec 17, 2016 12:48 AM

May 2016
This arc is so perfect!!! . Damn!! I now understand why Dazai became a good person. This anime is the best because they let us see what happen in the past and now what's in the present. I can't believe how Dazai's hand was so close to Odasaku's crotch... hahah xD
Dec 19, 2016 11:19 PM
Dec 2016
Hey guys, new here. Can you please tell me the title of the song that played when Dazai and Odasaku where talking about not going to the mansion? That mellow english song was so nice. Tried typing the lyrics in google but haven't got any leads :(
Dec 20, 2016 2:28 PM
Apr 2016
Bob_Wila said:
Hey guys, new here. Can you please tell me the title of the song that played when Dazai and Odasaku where talking about not going to the mansion? That mellow english song was so nice. Tried typing the lyrics in google but haven't got any leads :(

This a new song composed especially for the anime. It will be included in Season 2 sountrack, which is out on December 28. The song is called 'Scarlet Sky', it will be the first track on CD.
If you ever heard song 'Call thy name, “Stella Mystica”' from Kuroshitsuji, then it's the same singer. I couldn't find her name though. :(
Dec 20, 2016 5:58 PM
Dec 2016
akaPassion said:
This a new song composed especially for the anime. It will be included in Season 2 sountrack, which is out on December 28. The song is called 'Scarlet Sky', it will be the first track on CD. If you ever heard song 'Call thy name, “Stella Mystica”' from Kuroshitsuji, then it's the same singer. I couldn't find her name though. :(

I see. I hope they'll release it digitally too. I'd purchase it without question. Such a lovely and sorrowful thing. Thanks for the heads up! :)
Dec 22, 2016 10:21 AM

Jun 2016
Come to think of it... After I watch the last episode... I'm back here like this is episode is by far the best one... when we talk about the Single Stroke Duel... that's totally a kickass for some reason the fight reminds me of the final battle between Spike vs Vicious 2.0 BANG...!!
Jan 1, 2017 6:24 PM

Jun 2014
I just binged this entire arc today because why not, right? But this is easily the best arc out of the entire series thus far, and a great way to start off the new year for me in anime.

My favorite part of this arc was the mood, as it was definitely more somber and mellow then the first season was for the most part (though it still got tense). There were still some funny moments though, of course dealing with Dazai. Speaking of Dazai, he basically went through the emotional wringer in this episode, which was rather sad to see. At least we now know the main reason as to why he left the Port Mafia, which was a lot more complicated than I first expected it to be.

The opening visuals were also amazing during this arc (Oda vs. Gide looked super dope too though), and I definitely shouldn't have gone into it with as mixed expectations as I did. This blew them out of the water for me. Hopefully the Guild arc won't be as affected due to giving this LN one some decent screen time, but I think the staff will find a way.
Jan 22, 2017 8:07 PM

Mar 2015
Ugh this one whacked me in the feels hard
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 28, 2017 11:28 AM

Jun 2011
I wasn't very invested in this arc to be honest, the second season shouldn't have started with the flashback, it would help people like me who've watched the first season quite a while ago and have forgotten the details. I had to double check to even make sure if this was the anime that had the white haired transforming dude as the protagonist in the first season.

Not only that, it started with some random conversation between 3 friends in a bar that I have no interest in.. and it lasted for what felt like the entire episode. It took me until the halfway point of the second episode to be interested, and it took longer for me to realize that it was a flashback.

I also didn't like the overly "poetic" presentation that it went with, it was awkward watching 2 dudes staring at each others with their gun up and talk for a few minutes. I am also unclear as to what this is all about aside from 'muh spies' and people wanna die.

Maybe I shouldn't have watched this when I am about to sleep..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 31, 2017 9:29 AM

Jul 2009
Oda was great, such a shame to lost a good character like him, but now we know why Dazai left the Port Mafia
Feb 24, 2017 12:37 PM
Aug 2016
Oh I cried watching this. Best arc of the anime. Best fight scene i've ever watched. Now Bungou is like my 2nd favourite anime. ( after Black Butler)
Jun 27, 2017 9:50 PM

May 2013
Good night, Odasaku ;A;

I really loved Dazai's background story TT^TT

Jul 19, 2017 10:23 AM

Dec 2014
what a snake thing for a boss to do

and why was Dazai all up in Oda's dick area
Mar 30, 2018 6:37 AM

Feb 2015
These last 4 episodes have been really damn good. Sad to see Oda die, I really liked his character.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2016

157 by gladiusm »»
May 14, 11:02 AM

» The Armed Detective Agency is actually weak?

eWEQRW123123 - May 8

30 by holo-simp »»
May 10, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

107 by Karva1 »»
Apr 23, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 11, 2016

101 by Karva1 »»
Apr 23, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

renzospark - Oct 14, 2016

154 by kociamatka »»
Apr 13, 5:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.