Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 21, 2016 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really liked the music they used this episode. Looks like even more background storytelling about Dazai's past (I'm starting to miss the other cast now tbh). Although it's nice to see Ranpol

Oda's decision by himself is a bit risky tbh. I mean, he could easily die and he even knows it. I like how badass he went in though by himself as if he planned everything out.

Might be my favorite episode so far from the second season. I like how the way they focused on Oda and what he was fighting for. That gun duel was dope.
Oct 21, 2016 7:58 AM

Nov 2007
So sad, saying good night (instead of good bye) to the kids... A meeting on the ship to defeat enemy group. Mamo's character trying to persuade his friends not to go. lol @ HiroC's character's random appearance. He also suggested not to go, though, with his detective skill.

"Saving from the nightmare"? Mamo's character still wanting him to be alive so asked for help. He cannot go, though. At first gun fight with knowing each other's next steps and still receiving damages, then they gave up the skill altogether. Later they are on the fighting in back by back form (looks like, not really in terms of "comrade") when more people from both sides came.

There's a plan of developing the skills (?) behind all these three groups "fight", and Mafia group leader is involved? It seems like the leader sacrificed the main guy?

The main guy's dream of wanting to be a writer and enjoyed the book he was given except it missed few parts. Wow, the person who gave the book was Souseki Natsume!! Another guy being used for crime and lost his dream. Both fought to the end and both got shot (even though the enemy lost). There is a promise Mamo's character made with him, so he left the group.

So that ends past arc and will resume with the story with the main group next.
tsubasaloverOct 26, 2016 9:24 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 21, 2016 8:28 AM
Aug 2015
Now I know why Dazai left the Port Mafia.
Because I'm watching raw, can anyone tell me who is the bald guy who made deal with Port Mafia boss? I vaguely heard he talk about woman with Dazai at the end.
Poor Odasaku, when you have Rampo told you not to go, you should not go at all cost :(
The shooting scene is amazing, as usual. And look like White Fox studio also took part in the production. No wonder the quality is very good
Oct 21, 2016 8:38 AM

Apr 2013
Something inside me died.
I already knew what's going to happen, but seeing it was so painful... ;__;"
Oct 21, 2016 8:43 AM

Jan 2015
So that's the "end" of those Trio Arc. Sad, it really is. But nothing could be done after all, since it needed for Dazai to become stronger.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 21, 2016 8:48 AM

Apr 2016
Okay, now we know why Dazai has left the portmafia
and how he joined the detectives. Good backstory. I've been thinking early, it ends in a double kill.
Btw., I didn't even know, or forgot that there is still an official government unit with special abilities
Oct 21, 2016 9:29 AM

Apr 2013
Oct 21, 2016 9:32 AM
May 2014
Wow these 4 episodes are really the cream of this anime.
The intensity and human psyche(though I have seen better but still this is noteworthy), great culmination of the arc. 5/5 episode
Oct 21, 2016 9:37 AM
Apr 2016
Dazai's expressions and Miyano Mamoru's voice acting are 10/10.

I cried. The scenes of Oda vs Gide were GODLY.

They changed quite a few emotional lines from the light novels. They also deleted the 2 weeks later epilogue parts for Ango, Mori, etc.
Oct 21, 2016 9:39 AM

Aug 2015
Top notch episode. Our suspicions on who would die were confirmed, looks like that's the end of this great arc. Big improvement over S1, hope the rest will be just as good.
Oct 21, 2016 9:54 AM

Sep 2015
This is the best start of the season, that's too bad this story is ending now
I hope it will be as good as those 4 episodes (bring back Akiko!)
Oct 21, 2016 9:57 AM

Aug 2014
Can I be sad that Odasaku died? He's so cool as a character damn
Ruka desu.
Oct 21, 2016 10:10 AM

Mar 2016
I cried buckets in this episodes , damn . You'll be missed odasaku ;-; Mori such a clever manipulatung lolicon bastard .
This backstory couldn't have been anymore perfect . Great job asagiri for giving us this story .
Now back to the main story with the rest of the gang and the 3 ways war arc .
That battle between Gide and Odasaku was awesome and is on par with

Reason to live huh ? Resonates with the OP so well ...
Shishou_23Oct 21, 2016 10:19 AM
Oct 21, 2016 10:14 AM

Mar 2016
xSkipi said:
(bring back Akiko!)

Ikr i need to see my best girl soon ...

Also that Ranpo cameo , made me smile ...
Oct 21, 2016 10:18 AM

Aug 2010
DragonSlayer_19 said:
I cried buckets in this episodes , damn . You'll be missed odasaku ;-; Mori such a clever manipulatung lolicon bastard .
This backstory couldn't have been anymore perfect . Great job asagiri for giving us this story .
Now back to the main story with the rest of the gang and the 3 ways war arc .
That battle between Gide and Odasaku was awesome and is on par with

Exactly my thoughts on that spoiler. I felt heavy vibes!!! It was so damn amazing T^T

Definitely one of the best fights of the year
Oct 21, 2016 10:21 AM

Feb 2015
This arc was fantastically awesome! I absolutely loved it! (≧ω≦)

I'm looking forward to the main arc now but I'll sure miss the trio.
Oct 21, 2016 10:38 AM

Oct 2016
Episode 10/10, the music was really good and was very enjoyable episode.
Rest In Peace Odasaku.
Oct 21, 2016 11:28 AM

Jul 2015
Best Episode of Bungo Stray Dogs
I love the ost too. That gun duel is at it best.
And I know what triggered Dazai to go away from Port Mafia.
Odasaku is the best chara in this series and he is really badass though.
And his death is really sad T.T but he left such a meaningful messages for Dazai.

Finally this arc is finished but I'm starting missing this arc now.Best Arc of Bungo Stray Dogs.
Really hope that the main storyline should be like this. Main storyline is just not that great.

9.5/10 for this arc.
Oct 21, 2016 11:34 AM

Mar 2016
willsygle said:
Best Episode of Bungo Stray Dogs
I love the ost too. That gun duel is at it best.
And I know what triggered Dazai to go away from Port Mafia.
Odasaku is the best chara in this series and he is really badass though.
And his death is really sad T.T but he left such a meaningful messages for Dazai.

Finally this arc is finished but I'm starting missing this arc now.Best Arc of Bungo Stray Dogs.
Really hope that the main storyline should be like this. Main storyline is just not that great.

9.5/10 for this arc.

I surely hope this series doesn't get devolved into "give us dazai port mafia, main story is not as good". (There's no point in resuming the backstory anyway, it has reached its conclusion).
I hope people look at the 3 ways war arc from a standalone point of view . Actually you may see how this arc in the last 4 episodes will tie into it at some moments . Cause really it's a shame if it goes in that way cause that arc is really good and the western writers (ie guild members) are all great and fitzgerald, Mori, and Fukuzawa are bosses . There's also the same level of character development there and great fights . Of course i'm saying this with the assumption bones aren't going to rush it or run out of budget , so the future may hold something different .
Shishou_23Oct 21, 2016 11:39 AM
Oct 21, 2016 12:14 PM

Sep 2014
This arc was really good! The action, drama, music, animation, and the emotions were all on point!

Honestly that fight was amazing! I got some F/Z vibes from it (going to go rewatch it in a minute).

I'm so glad I decided to watch s2! I'm going to be a little pessimistic here, but I doubt present timeline will anything near these 4 episodes. If it is, I'll admit my fault.

Very well done backstory, makes me definitely like Dazai more than I did in s1. Although I like Dazai now, Oda takes the cake. He was a pretty damn good character.
Oct 21, 2016 12:21 PM

Oct 2015
One of my favorite episodes in the series. I got so sad over the kids in the beginning, like why. >:

At least the reason for Dazai leaving Port Mafia and joining the ADC is reaveled and it seems rational. I feel bad for Odasaku, but his duel with the mimic leader was amazing and i'm looking forward to the comeback to the original story.

But i got to say that i really enjoyed Dazai's Dark Era.
Oct 21, 2016 12:40 PM

Sep 2015
I could see it coming yet it still brought me to tears. This is my favorite episode yet (including the first season).
Oct 21, 2016 12:43 PM

Apr 2013
Oh man this episode was amazing~ The music was on point and awesomely placed at the right times. Loved it when the OP song played too. Cool to see Ranpo with his ability too lol~ Loved this arc from start to finish, getting to see why Dazai left the Port Mafia as well as his backstory and relationship with Odasaku was just beautiful too, and glad we got to see it all unfold~ Ougai set Oda up >>

So nice to see Dazai change ! Odasaku...the feelz. Best ep of the series imo and can't wait for the next episode ^^
Oct 21, 2016 12:58 PM

Jun 2014
Odasaku was definitely the one who I assumed would die when that was foreshadowed in the beginning of this arc. His fight against Gide was awesome, and this whole backstory arc was awesome. I'm glad we got to see Dazai's past and why he ended up leaving the Port Mafia. Back to the main story next time, hopefully it'll be as enjoyable as these last 4 episodes.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 21, 2016 1:23 PM

Dec 2012
YOOOO!!! Early episode. Thanks Crunchyroll.
Great episode. Odasaku out for revenge.

Really enjoyed Odasaku vs Gide & loved the OP song playing in the background.
All according to the bosses plan.

R.I.P Odasaku. Why did he have to go I loved his character.
"Because you are my friend"

Nice to see how Dazai joined the Detective Armed Agency.
Overall a great & enjoyable 4 episode flashback.

Back to the present. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 21, 2016 2:03 PM

Feb 2016
"Bewary of a man who has nothing to lose..."

so we got 2 episodes this week, but man, this was absolutely fantastic! those 2 episodes were amazing!!

we reached the end of this arc, pretty sad ending, but now we all know why Dazai left Port mafia...
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 21, 2016 2:04 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That fight was insanity. It looked so good.

RIP Odasaku, best man of the series.
Oct 21, 2016 2:43 PM
Jul 2018
I will really miss odasaku! he was a great character! meh,couldnt help with his life as his dream was shattered.Its so sad..
This arc was overall amazing! simply flawless! And the ost was fantastic!
Oct 21, 2016 2:45 PM

Jan 2008
I didn't like his final words, I guess I was just expecting more from him. All I saw it as was:
Odasaku: Good guys and bad guys are both shit, but good guys are less shit so quit being bad.
Dazai: Okay.

Well it's nice to see Dazai more peppy again.... I guess.
Oct 21, 2016 3:06 PM

Mar 2015
Loved this episode, a huge improvement on season 1 but damn odasaku will be missed :(

The gun fight was awesome!
Oct 21, 2016 3:54 PM

May 2015
What an amazing episode and arc overall. I'm already liking this season a lot more than the previous season, in many ways. It sucks that this arc is over now. Hopefully the quality will remain consistent in the present as it was in this arc.

Oct 21, 2016 4:01 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode. Bungou Stray Dogs 2 is a really strong contender for AOTS. Those backstory episodes have been really good, and the ending was even better.

Really sad Odasaku died, he was a very good character even when he only appeared in four episodes. He was just a man following his dream and who lost everything in his path. Oh, well, he at least went down like a badass and avenging those childrens. His fight against Guide was seriously badass, in choreography and dialogues. He has became one of my favs of the series.
I also LOVED how in his final moments, when he says to Dazai he must following the path of protecting others and he dies, as his hands leaves Dazai's face, he also removes his bandages, as symbolyzing how the new Dazai has born. It gave me chills.

The port mafia boss is a total bastard with that move. He is a really twisted man, but also a great antagonist. Kinda expected that, considering how he became the boss of the mafia in the first place.

Next episode will be the return of the main storyline. Guild arc hype it's so damn strong. Cannot wait for the next wednesday, really.

Btw, on another note, as a seiyuu fan, I'm glad how they casted a lot of great seiyuus for this backstory episodes (Junichi Suwabe, Jun Fukuyama, Shinichiro Miki, Hochuu Otsuka and Fumihiko Tachiki). Really loved that detail.

Now, time to wait for the American authors to appear.

P.S. Ranpo's cameo took me totally by surprise. I laughed at that.
IllyricusOct 21, 2016 4:20 PM
Oct 21, 2016 4:48 PM

Sep 2015
Wow the feels ;-;
I thought Oda would live since he was the narrator and Ango would die 😭
Oct 21, 2016 4:53 PM

Jun 2015
IT WAS SO SAD !
Poor Oda, I loved him...
I was really afraid when I saw that this arc was taking 4 episodes (I don't want the rest of the season to be rushed) but it was actually so good ! That battle scene was EPIC
Oct 21, 2016 5:21 PM

Sep 2009
Stray Dogs is easily becoming one of my favorite animes. This arc was fantastic and I loved each episode. Sad to see it end. Now we know how Dazai left the Port Mafia but I'll still miss Odasaku though. ;(
Oct 21, 2016 5:25 PM

Nov 2015
What an episode. Odasaku fought 'til his last breath. RIP

Dec 2014
Anyone know what happened? Will this premiere on Fridays from now on or something? Will it premiere two episode a week 2 days apart?

Very nice cameo from Ranpo there. He always seems to make others trust him rather quickly.
Mar 2015
This season surprised me well i mean this arc for now 10/10 fight was also very well done i'm still thinking about it few hours later.
Oct 21, 2016 6:08 PM

May 2011
hoopla123 said:
This might just be the AOTS for me,

Now I want to buy the LNs, especially this arc.

outside of "Hibike Euphonium", this is the only other show i've been watching. This season has been absolutely dismal as far as desirable stories go. Occult nine was a disaster for me. I dropped it after one episode.

This is easily the AOTS for me.
Oct 21, 2016 6:14 PM

Apr 2013
Cirris said:
hoopla123 said:
This might just be the AOTS for me,

Now I want to buy the LNs, especially this arc.

outside of "Hibike Euphonium", this is the only other show i've been watching. This season has been absolutely dismal as far as desirable stories go. Occult nine was a disaster for me. I dropped it after one episode.

This is easily the AOTS for me.

For me, it's either this, IBO season 2 or Girlish Number (cuz Watari)
Oct 21, 2016 6:35 PM

May 2015
hot damn what a flashback arc, can't wait to see how the series moves forward!
Oct 21, 2016 7:13 PM

Aug 2016
Confused as to why this episode is already out.

Anyways, quite enjoyed this episode compared to the first 3.

Yay, we can finally see Atsushi and the others next episode! At least now we understand Dazai's past better.
Oct 21, 2016 7:26 PM

Aug 2013
Unfortunately, it seems that the flashback has come to an end, Odasaku's character development was simply outstading -even though the producers had to conclude his story in only 4 chapters-. 4/5 for the episode and for the arc in general, I enjoyed it a lot!
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Oct 21, 2016 9:27 PM

Sep 2011
Minh_Tu said:
Because I'm watching raw, can anyone tell me who is the bald guy who made deal with Port Mafia boss?

Not sure if somebody answered this for you, but he is the head of the government division that deals with people with these special powers. He was meeting with the Port Mafia boss because he wanted the Port Mafia to clean up Mimic. What the official didn't know was that it was actually the Port Mafia that helped Mimic enter the country illegally to begin with. This was all a plan to get a permit which shows government acknowledgement of their powers for use in business (which I presume is illegal without one).

---

This season has been infinitely more entertaining than last season, and this bit of insight into Dazai's past will likely make the upcoming episodes more enjoyable assuming they go back to where they left off last season.
Oct 21, 2016 9:30 PM
Aug 2015
Shirasho said:
Minh_Tu said:
Because I'm watching raw, can anyone tell me who is the bald guy who made deal with Port Mafia boss?

Not sure if somebody answered this for you, but he is the head of the government division that deals with people with these special powers. He was meeting with the Port Mafia boss because he wanted the Port Mafia to clean up Mimic. What the official didn't know was that it was actually the Port Mafia that helped Mimic enter the country illegally to begin with. This was all a plan to get a permit which shows government acknowledgement of their powers for use in business (which I presume is illegal without one).

---

This season has been infinitely more entertaining than last season, and this bit of insight into Dazai's past will likely make the upcoming episodes more enjoyable assuming they go back to where they left off last season.

Actually i just watched the one with sub from Horriblesub, so now i know all about that :D
Thank you for your reply :D
Oct 21, 2016 9:35 PM
May 2016
This arc was really good. Oda's goodnight to kids was so sad.
On his way to mimic, he met Ranpo, glad to see him again.

Save people and protect the orphan, so this is the reason why Dazai did help Atsushi.

Okay, back to the main story next week.
Oct 21, 2016 9:38 PM

Jun 2015
What a fantastic episode. Best one so far. First four episodes were better than S1 IMO. The music fit very well. Oda knew what he was doing, regardless what anyone said. The scene with him and Dazai was heartwarming and sad. I knew he was going to die, but it still hit me hard. The gun duel between Oda and Gide was very cool. It reminded me of the gun fights in the movie John Wick. It goes to show how powerful their abilities are. Now we know why Dazai left the Port Mafia and joined the detectives. I was surprised to see Ranpo. That was cool. Looking forward to the next episode and hopefully the rest will be just as good.
Oct 21, 2016 9:48 PM

Jun 2014
Wow! That was a pretty powerful episode! The feels and the outcome broke my heart.

At least I know now why Dazai left Port Mafia and became the person he is today.
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 21, 2016 9:53 PM

Sep 2011
Bl4ckR4bbi7 said:
Save people and protect the orphan, so this is the reason why Dazai did help Atsushi.

Wow I'm slow. That suddenly clicked.
Oct 21, 2016 10:22 PM

May 2015
And the flashback arc is over. It was a nice arc overall, and I really enjoyed Odasaku's character, it's sad he's dead. But without his death, Dazai may not have left Port Mafia when he did. I liked that Rampo cameo too. I can't wait to see the main cast again next week!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2016

157 by gladiusm »»
May 14, 11:02 AM

» The Armed Detective Agency is actually weak?

eWEQRW123123 - May 8

30 by holo-simp »»
May 10, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

107 by Karva1 »»
Apr 23, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 11, 2016

101 by Karva1 »»
Apr 23, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

renzospark - Oct 14, 2016

154 by kociamatka »»
Apr 13, 5:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.