Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 6, 2016 6:21 PM
Feb 2016
I really liked it, it's sad how they kinda added a new element to the story at the end that can sorta bring another fulfilling arc in this series about how the Imperial Arms can sort of fused with the host body that can cause more harm than good.

I kinda hope this would end with Akame and Esdeath vs Tatsumi but a guy can dream. Then again Tatsumi can adapt to the poison maybe?
Nov 6, 2016 6:30 PM

May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Roy_Focker said:
About Leone... so that mean Big sis is going to become a lioness? or because she used the Teigu for so long she has fused with the regeneration abilities and is not death yet?!

I thought Tatsumi vs Esdeath final fight would be awesome (I know he was losing control fast but he was pretty damn useless against Esdeath) but it was OK-ish.

I don’t want some of the surviving members of Night Raid to die but I know that this manga isn't going for a happy ending, but rather it's supposed to show us that even in the face of losing all that you love and care about, you can still find the resolve to stand against evil. That even when you know the end is coming, when there's nothing and no one left to stand with you, one person can make all the difference in the world. They can fight the good fight, even at the cost of their own life.

The Teigu was DESTROYED before she died. It wouldn't change anything
You seem like a savvy reader so if that is true "that It would not change anything" why Mangaka-san dedicated a panel for that explanation (when Doc said that he didn’t foresee that the Teigu would fuse with the user/owner) and used Leone as the example (not Tatsumi or another wielder/user) *Foreshadowing* Yu cannot tell me that there isn’t a possibility of that coming to fruition.

Yes, the Teigu was destroyed but if she fused with it even if the Teigu is destroyed she could still have some regenerative powers (not full power) meaning that she is going to fulfill her promise to Akame and then die because she can’t regenerate completely her health…
Nov 6, 2016 6:33 PM

Apr 2008
Wulphire said:
I really liked it, it's sad how they kinda added a new element to the story at the end that can sorta bring another fulfilling arc in this series about how the Imperial Arms can sort of fused with the host body that can cause more harm than good.

I kinda hope this would end with Akame and Esdeath vs Tatsumi but a guy can dream. Then again Tatsumi can adapt to the poison maybe?

It's not a poison it's a CURSE. Plus he was stabbed IN THE HEART. That's instant death.
Nov 6, 2016 6:33 PM

Apr 2008
Roy_Focker said:
Darklight0303 said:

The Teigu was DESTROYED before she died. It wouldn't change anything
You seem like a savvy reader so if that is true "that It would not change anything" why Mangaka-san dedicated a panel for that explanation (when Doc said that he didn’t foresee that the Teigu would fuse with the user/owner) and used Leone as the example (not Tatsumi or another wielder/user) *Foreshadowing* Yu cannot tell me that there isn’t a possibility of that coming to fruition.

Yes, the Teigu was destroyed but if she fused with it even if the Teigu is destroyed she could still have some regenerative powers (not full power) meaning that she is going to fulfill her promise to Akame and then die because she can’t regenerate completely her health…

Ever heard of the concept of RED HERRING? look it up
Nov 6, 2016 6:41 PM

May 2015
@Darklight0303

Ah yes, the RED HERRING factor....something unimportant that is used to stop people from noticing or thinking about something important

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/red%20herring

-------------------------------------------------------

I said it again... you seem like a savvy reader and by now you noticed that this manga route is similar to the anime so I disagree with the Red Herring factor that you mention in your response to my comment... I will not spoil the event for manga readers only but you cannot deny that the possibilities of that happening are there…
Roy_FockerNov 6, 2016 6:48 PM
Nov 6, 2016 6:44 PM
Feb 2016
Darklight0303 said:
Wulphire said:

It's not a poison it's a CURSE. Plus he was stabbed IN THE HEART. That's instant death.

what heart? Akame stabbed him in a organic weak point, second it's a poisonous curse that spread throughout the body just like how Esdeath got cut, but she stopped and remove the limb before it spread to the heart.
Nov 6, 2016 6:52 PM

Oct 2013
Is that really how he dies?? If he is truly dead, then that was pathetic and predictable.

3/5.
Nov 6, 2016 7:07 PM

Aug 2008
RIP Tatsumi. Esdeath just beat the shit out of everyone.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 6, 2016 7:38 PM
Jan 2015
One thing for sure, at least Akame didn't stabbed Tatsumi in the anime. And she held his body. In her arms.
Nov 6, 2016 10:09 PM

Jun 2014
Some elements are differing here and there, but for the most part this seems to be taking the same route as the anime. I'm sure we all know how this is going to end..............
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 6, 2016 11:42 PM

Oct 2014
awh rip tatsumi :(

i was hoping there would be a possibility for him to somehow not be dead (like the incursio shielded him due to him transforming) but there's only one chapter left if it's ending next month :/
Nov 6, 2016 11:52 PM

Apr 2014
Heh? Basically it's just the same as the anime ending after all? The manga just added some stuff so manga reading would be still reading this shit?
Man, I pity those people who watched the anime and readers who still reading this, who hoped for a better ending. It just turned out the same in the end.
How long it has been the anime ended? It's almost 2 years? Oh wait, the manga gonna end at exactly 2 years. What a big waste of time reading this.
Haters always gonna hate.
Nov 7, 2016 7:29 AM

Oct 2014
Leone might still be alive due to fusing with her teigu(or whatever remains of it), as someone mentioned it, she probably gained the regeneration abilities, also a reminder Suzuka is still buried under the rubble and Onest is MIA.

Mine might still die(Tatsumi said something of she getting cold), if she is, it might be confirmed in the last chapter.

Nov 7, 2016 8:16 AM

May 2015
GG Tatsumi.

Esdeath is OP :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 7, 2016 11:10 AM

Oct 2014

Leaving this from Zero.
Nov 7, 2016 2:43 PM

Jan 2015
Calling it now, Akame just killed the dragon within Tatsumi not Tatsumi himself
Nov 8, 2016 2:06 AM

May 2014
Tatsumi's death was underwhelming. Whether he dies or not in the manga (though preferably not) it would be far better for him to go down in battle not in some half-assed way like this.

Murasame does spread a poisonous curse, so it can be interpreted as a poison. Given that Esdeath managed to stop it by cutting her hand off it means it is possible to survive a cut/stab implying that is spreads like a poison not that it curses the one cut instantly. Whether it happens or not in Tatsumi's case remains to be seen.
Nov 8, 2016 3:04 AM

Mar 2014
Bullshit Tatsumi died like that. And they're not explaining Akame's trump? Bruh. The anime.
Nov 8, 2016 3:16 AM

Aug 2016
I was like "No!" when Akame killed Tatsumi but then it's Akame ga Kill I'm reading so
\_(ツ)_/¯
I have this feeling that everyone will die except for Mine.

Anyways, RIP Tatsumi. You did very well. Let Akane do the job and kill that Esdeath bitch.
Nov 8, 2016 12:19 PM

Oct 2015
RIP Tatsumi. I was really liking you in these last couple of chapters. Conversely, I really started to dislike Esdeath at the start of this arc.

I really hope we get some closure on Mine, Leone, Wave, and Kurome.

"If you don’t believe in yourself, no one will do it for you."
Nov 9, 2016 2:12 AM

Aug 2014
Pretty good chapter, actually. Tatsumi's death was way better than the anime, or at least he better be dead.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Nov 9, 2016 5:53 PM
Jan 2015
If anyone wants to send emails to the author of this story, now's the time to do it.
Nov 18, 2016 3:39 PM

Sep 2013
gods damn. I'll be praying night and day that Murasame only killed Incursio and not Tatsumi but just seeing it in Akame's perspective... Her face really hurt to look at. And unstoppable Esdeath is still as unstoppable as ever. I swear, has there ever been an antagonist who just so immeasurably outclasses the protagonists??

GC-Wave said:

Leaving this from Zero.
That by itself doesn't mean anything. Lionel does factually change the wielder's body to something of a Danger Beast. It isn't an illusion or anything of the sort. It's been apparent since chapter 1.
Nov 18, 2016 3:43 PM

Apr 2008
Old_Raven said:
gods damn. I'll be praying night and day that Murasame only killed Incursio and not Tatsumi but just seeing it in Akame's perspective... Her face really hurt to look at. And unstoppable Esdeath is still as unstoppable as ever. I swear, has there ever been an antagonist who just so immeasurably outclasses the protagonists??

GC-Wave said:

Leaving this from Zero.
That by itself doesn't mean anything. Lionel does factually change the wielder's body to something of a Danger Beast. It isn't an illusion or anything of the sort. It's been apparent since chapter 1.

That would be so bullshit. Tatsumi should be dead. NO two ways about it
Nov 19, 2016 7:36 AM

Jul 2014
I don't buy tatsumi is dead
Nov 19, 2016 7:40 AM

Jul 2014
MilviBritannia said:
Tatsumi's death was underwhelming. Whether he dies or not in the manga (though preferably not) it would be far better for him to go down in battle not in some half-assed way like this.

Murasame does spread a poisonous curse, so it can be interpreted as a poison. Given that Esdeath managed to stop it by cutting her hand off it means it is possible to survive a cut/stab implying that is spreads like a poison not that it curses the one cut instantly. Whether it happens or not in Tatsumi's case remains to be seen.

indeed that was pathetic even if we assume he's dead that was anticlimactic and underwhelming for the MC o the series

still i don't buy he's dead "for now at least " his deah was just Meh and "really" ?
Nov 19, 2016 4:51 PM

Sep 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Old_Raven said:

Don't you goddamn dare destroy the hope for a happy ending!
Nov 19, 2016 4:54 PM

Apr 2008
Old_Raven said:
Darklight0303 said:

Happy ending was never going to be a thing for a slaughter fest like Akame ga Kill. Only idiots expect that
Nov 19, 2016 6:34 PM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Old_Raven said:

Happy ending was never going to be a thing for a slaughter fest like Akame ga Kill. Only idiots expect that

You said that about Wave and Kurome too and insulted people who thought that Kurome will live.

Seriously you shouldn't say stuff like this as if you're the only person who's correct and others are all wrong, it'll only bite you back when it doesn't happen.
Nov 19, 2016 6:37 PM

Apr 2008
ixarising said:
Darklight0303 said:

You said that about Wave and Kurome too and insulted people who thought that Kurome will live.

Seriously you shouldn't say stuff like this as if you're the only person who's correct and others are all wrong, it'll only bite you back when it doesn't happen.

Kurome surviving is still pinnacle of bullshit. Reviving Tatsumi after going so far would be even more so.
Nov 19, 2016 6:41 PM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:
ixarising said:

Kurome surviving is still pinnacle of bullshit. Reviving Tatsumi after going so far would be even more so.

It doesn't give you the right to call people idiots for hoping that Tatsumi will survive or being happy that Kurome is alive though.
Nov 20, 2016 10:08 AM

Sep 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Old_Raven said:

AgK! has never been a slaughter fest. The story is at its core, simply the manifestation of the saying "things don't always go the way you want or need them to" which is very different from the idea of Murphy's Law that you seem to have stuck to AgK!. Although Esdeath herself definitely could be argued to be the anthropomorphisation of Murphy's Law.
Nov 21, 2016 4:05 AM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Old_Raven said:

That's what you said recently about

and it turned out to be wrong.

Not saying Tatsumi is alive, but clearly it is possible for him to survive, much like the character in question.

MilviBritanniaNov 21, 2016 4:10 AM
Nov 22, 2016 10:42 PM
Sep 2015
Lol tatsumi armor will evo and resist to one-slice kill poison XD
Jan 4, 2017 6:33 AM

May 2016
Just when Akame managed to get a slice out of Esdeath, she just stops time and chops her arm off to continue killing everyone. The reason why she got so distracted was that she's having a battlegasm. I'm astonished at how powerful she is.

No. No. Nooooo! Shit. Tatsumi! You can't die when you've made it this far ;_; Night Raid will be lonely without you if they managed to survive this...

I guess that because Akame killed someone very close to her, someone close enough that she never wanted to kill, Murasame acknowledged her as its owner to the point of unlocking its full potential. Go get her, Akame! Avenge your friends...

Jan 4, 2017 2:38 PM

Nov 2015
So this is how Tatsumi really dies... damn... Poor Mine.

So, killing someone she didn't want to kill was the trigger for Murasame's trump card. Abandon her "humanity", was it?

As others say, there's the possibility that only Incursio was killed by Murasame and Tatsumi is still alive down there but also remember the line "His heart is still human" at the beginning... Murasame kills the heart. I don't know, the possibility exists.
Feb 15, 2017 3:18 PM

Feb 2013
Damn, she had to kill Tatsumi.
Mar 13, 2017 2:06 PM

Aug 2014
If that's how Tatsumi died, then that's really lame.
Sep 6, 2017 1:01 AM

Mar 2014
Nooo Tatsumi T_T Is he really dead though? His death felt a bit too underwhelming considering he's basically the main character. At least his death enabled Akame to unleash murasame's ability after she abandons her humanity.
May 6, 2020 9:13 AM
Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
ixarising said:

No doubt about that!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.