Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
KATANAGATARI
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 16, 2016 11:36 AM
Jul 2009
I'm only on episode 4 starting now, and I'm still confused as to how Shichika has fallen for Togame. In previous episodes, he does say he's her sword and that her orders are absolute. In episode 3, he says to Meisai that swords choose their masters much as he chose Togame to be his wielder. In the context of falling for her, does "falling" mean that he chose her to be his wielder and not as a significant other? Meisai also says that they're not just a normal master/servant nor are they lovers but something else entirely. (I also know about their kiss and Togame's death :X )

This post will definitely have spoilers so read with caution.
NoehlinaNov 13, 2016 10:16 AM
Oct 19, 2016 9:28 PM
Oct 2014
Noehlina said:
I'm only on episode 4 starting now, and I'm still confused as to how Shichika has fallen for Togame. In previous episodes, he does say he's her sword and that her orders are absolute. In episode 3, he says to Meisai that swords choose their masters much as he chose Togame to be his wielder. In the context of falling for her, does "falling" mean that he chose her to be his wielder and not as a significant other? Meisai also says that they're not just a normal master/servant nor are they lovers but something else entirely. (I also know about their kiss and Togame's death :X )

I feel, at that point, he doesn't exactly know what it is that he feels for her, being that he is ignorant to the ways of the world. In the first episode she says asks for his help, but he is hesitant, but by the end of episode 1 there is some spark that he feels that he doesn't grasp, but he feels enough so that he wants to accompany her. The show, very masterfully, develops him from episode to episode. As he grows from ignorant to knowledgeable to the ways of life, as does him understanding of the feelings he feels for Togame.

Its one of my, if not my, favorite series.
Oct 19, 2016 10:10 PM

Apr 2016
Spoilers read ahead if you dont mind.

Oct 20, 2016 10:31 AM
Jul 2009
So far, I finished ep 7. I don't remember which episode but when Kanara Azekura (full bodied deviant blade) proposed to Togame to be her sword and i think lover, Shichika hits Togame a few times without realizing the reason why. I'm not sure if he's subconsciously annoyed as a sword that may be replaced by another or as a man being replaced by another significant other.

In another episode, Shichika says he doesn't want Togame praising other swords in front of him.

Shichika is too complex >.< I just can't figure him out. I mean, I know for sure Togame has some feelings for him but Shichika is so difficult to read. He did grow up in an inhabitant island plus with a family that doesn't really show affection, it's hard for him to express what "love" is. Although, when he killed Nanami, I don't think he wanted to kill her but since there wasn't much room, he did so anyways. I think in that episode he did show some sort of affection for Nanami as his sister but for Togame, it's really hard to decipher!
Oct 20, 2016 11:41 AM

Aug 2015
I just finished the show, so first of all spoiler tag your shit. Anyway I kind of agree with ndsempai's thinking a bit. My interpretation of it is that he has simply taken interest in her, it's not love though. You have to remember that Shichika isn't really familiar with some emotions and other people so he really wouldn't understand until later.
_Kairu_Oct 20, 2016 11:46 AM
Nov 13, 2016 10:18 AM
Jul 2009
@_Kairu_
Noehlina said:

This post will definitely have spoilers so read with caution.

I edited my first post so that whoever reads it will be cautioned from the beginning instead of having to ALWAYS put "spoiler alert."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Jul 9, 2010

225 by valennienana »»
Apr 25, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hana-kei - Apr 16, 2010

420 by valennienana »»
Apr 22, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 8, 2010

180 by ariharan_ars »»
Feb 3, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Dec 10, 2010

631 by I_LIKE_ANIME_SO »»
Jan 3, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2010

333 by Dumb »»
Jul 30, 2023 5:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.