Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 14, 2016 10:20 PM
Aug 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was fast, i didn't expect that the new episode would be released today xD

Finally we can see some great action scenes this time. The Mimic's leader, Gide, has the same ability with Odasaku. We got some information about Ango's actual job. The last part was really sad though T^T

The new OP Visual looks good. Looking forward for the next episode.
renzosparkOct 19, 2016 5:59 PM
Oct 15, 2016 12:47 AM

Mar 2016
That despair at the end ;-; poor oda :( props for Suwabe though for nailing it .
Btw the ost is fire (during the fight, starts when akutagawa enters) , it's the same as the one used in the preview. Taku iwasaki doesn't disappoint .
Shishou_23Oct 18, 2016 12:34 PM
Oct 15, 2016 5:29 AM
Aug 2015
DragonSlayer_19 said:
That despair at the end ;-; poor oda :( props for Suwabe though for nailing it .

Poor Odasaku :( - Thats was intense and sad
Who care about the Guild Arc, let show me the Odasaku's rage :(
There are too much tragedy in 1 episode :(
Oct 15, 2016 6:15 AM

Mar 2016
Minh_Tu said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

Given dazai's foreshadowing in episode 2 when he said that when oda's pissed and driven into a corner, he won't hold back ... I think they will . Actually i still want my guild arc lol
Oct 15, 2016 6:22 AM
Aug 2015
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Minh_Tu said:

Given dazai's foreshadowing in episode 2 when he said that when oda's pissed and driven into a corner, he won't hold back ... I think they will . Actually i still want my guild arc lol

I'm not sure who did that horrible things to Odasaku :( - Is it that guy from Mimic :(
Straight A for Odasaku voice actor, he did the horror and despair very well.
God, can't wait for the next episode.
It look like the guild arc will be covered in 8 episodes, i really worry about BSD will meet the same fate as Kekkai Sensen last episode :D
Minh_TuOct 15, 2016 6:25 AM
Oct 15, 2016 6:32 AM

Mar 2016
Minh_Tu said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

I'm not sure who did that horrible things to Odasaku :( - Is it Gi from Mimic :(
It look like the guild arc will be covered in 8 episodes, i really worry about BSD will meet the same fate as Kekkai Sensen last episode :D

i thought a 2 chapter per episode would work well for the guild arc . Actually in season 1, most episodes were 2 chapter adaptations (excluding the novel episodes) . I hope bones are putting these episodes not at the expense of guild arc , but only time will tell so .
Oct 15, 2016 7:01 AM
Aug 2015
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Minh_Tu said:

I'm not sure who did that horrible things to Odasaku :( - Is it Gi from Mimic :(

i thought a 2 chapter per episode would work well for the guild arc . Actually in season 1, most episodes were 2 chapter adaptations (excluding the novel episodes) . I hope bones are putting these episodes not at the expense of guild arc , but only time will tell so .

Yeah, only time will tell. I hope they will do it just like season 1, nice action and good details.
Btw, I just went to Google to look for more information about Odasaku, and... I really want to forget about what i have know :(
Poor him, and now I know one of Dazai's reasons when he left the Port Mafia.
Fun fact, Ango, Odasaku and Dazai are actually drinking buddies in real life too.
Oct 16, 2016 7:29 AM

Nov 2015
The best ep. so far. The last part was so sad. Great job for the seiyuu.
10/10
Oct 19, 2016 9:36 AM

Nov 2007
Oh, he's ok because he was saved and rested. OnoKen's character... An enemy with same ability... but different motives. Dream and given up...

Mamo's character knew where FukuJun's character went, the usual comfortable place. Mamo's character asked about the information about the enemy group then led him go. Wow that end...

DragonSlayer_19 said:
Anu47448 said:
Where did u watch the ep? I thought it release on Wednesdays?

I think there's a channel that's airing the episodes on saturday after the ones airing on Wednesday .
Wait..., but I don't see any news regarding to airing two eps. at the same time on other TV channels or Nico Live streaming (both official site and official twitter)...
tsubasaloverOct 19, 2016 10:39 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 19, 2016 9:40 AM

Mar 2016
tsubasalover said:
Oh, he's ok. Exact same ability... but different motives. Dream and given up...

Mamo's character knew where FukuJun's character went, the usual comfortable place. Mamo's character asked about the information about the enemy group then led him go. Wow that end...

DragonSlayer_19 said:

I think there's a channel that's airing the episodes on saturday after the ones airing on Wednesday .
But I don't see any news regarding to airing two eps. at the same time on other TV channels or Nico Live streaming (both official site and official twitter)...

I'm not sure too . Just what i heard ...
Oct 19, 2016 9:47 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode, intense end. Woah, poor Odasaku. As a reader of the novel I already knew this will happen but seeing it was still really sad. Let the suffering continue...
Btw, the voice actor is doing a splendid job (just like all the others in BSD)~
Sayo3Oct 19, 2016 1:40 PM
Oct 19, 2016 9:51 AM

Mar 2016
Sayo3 said:

Btw, the voice actor is doing a splendid job (just like all the others in BSD)~

That moment when you realize chuuya sings "Trash Candy" OP from season 1 lol
Oct 19, 2016 10:38 AM

Nov 2007
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Oh, nevermind, I just found out that a TV channel (special one, w. fee) had very weird schedule, to air ep.2 the same week as ep.1, to make that channel (on Fridays) the first channel to release new ep. (No wonder it wasn't notified on official site and official Twitter because it was "originally scheduled" so)
tsubasaloverOct 19, 2016 12:33 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 19, 2016 11:10 AM

Nov 2011
That ending of despair..

At this point, I think we've found out a lot about Daizai and his past. Feels like Akutagawa's got his pride ruined when he admits that defeat is equivalent to death. Anyway, I think this season feels rather different than the first season with these first few episodes.

Also getting used to that new OP song now.
Oct 19, 2016 11:17 AM

Jan 2015
So much power Akutagawa had gain between before and after Dazai leave Port Mafia.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 19, 2016 11:20 AM

Aug 2013
Best episode so far without a doubt, this season feels totally different from the first one. Hope it keeps that way cause not only the writing and characters, but also the voice actors and soundtrack are MUCH MUCH better.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Oct 19, 2016 11:26 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Oh my god, that just happened.
Oct 19, 2016 11:34 AM

Mar 2016
Man , just re-watching this . It pains me what happened to oda in past and present . His reasons and dreams . The man just wanted to be a simple man who writes novels, takes care of orphans while sitting down infront of his desk looking at that ocean in the distance . He wanted to abandon that life of crime . And now look what happens ...
Shishou_23Oct 19, 2016 11:39 AM
Oct 19, 2016 11:52 AM

May 2008
...that ending was..freaking heart breaking..why this..

Oct 19, 2016 11:55 AM

Jul 2014
This arc just keeps on getting better and better, especially with the despair of that ending. I guess that means we're going to see Odasaku go on the warpath next week and kill Gide and the rest of Mimic.
Oct 19, 2016 11:57 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Akutagawa got wrecked by Gide. :o
Interesting that the leader of Mimic had similar powers to Odasaku, Based on what Gide says, Mimic seem like suicidal fanatics though.

Ango was a triple agent, It was nice how Dazai and Odsaku respected their friendship and asked Ango to leave before they changed their minds.

I have no words to explain what happened at the end, Feel so sad for Odasaku, All he ever wanted was to be a writer sitting at a desk onlooking the ocean. What he saw outside that window however was nothing more than despair.
Lelouch0202Oct 19, 2016 12:00 PM
Oct 19, 2016 11:59 AM

Jun 2014
At first I was a bit disappointed because I thought this would be the last episode of this flashback and we still haven't seen Odasaku go all out. But then that ending happened.......holy shit. Next episode should be amazing.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 19, 2016 12:15 PM

Aug 2015
The moment those kids were introduced I knew something like this would happen.
Oct 19, 2016 12:33 PM

Jun 2014
Aye Mimic is gonna get some next episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2016 12:36 PM

Jan 2015
I can't believe how godly this episode was and the whole arc in general.
Odasuke is a godly fighter, top tier for Bungou stray dogs level. Mimic leader just as good. I guess if Odasuke goes all out he would win eventually, the reason why Gide is so interested in him.

Loled at Akutagawa being all jealous of Odasuke after he just saved you, wtf is wrong with him. Like how Oda showed him who is more badass, easily defeating him just to bring him back.

Gotta love that Oda-Dazai-Ango relationship, the real friendship, even tho Ango betraed them and turned out to be double...? TRIPLE agent...

Was obvious that Mimic will try to get Odasuke real mad after killing those kids, just so he could grant their wishes. Real despair for my boy Oda, he just wanted to have a chill life by being a writer, but sometimes people just won't let you do what you want and will try to get to manipulate you into fulfilling their ambitions
rather than your own.
Oct 19, 2016 12:49 PM

May 2012
Akutagawa is such a brat.

What the hell, I knew something horrible was coming with the foreboding from the warning Gilde gave to Odasaku. So I guess now Odasaku is going against his beliefs now.

This episode was definitely the most depressing of the whole series so far, from the friendship-turned-enemies to that horrible ending.

Oct 19, 2016 12:53 PM

Mar 2016
Olem said:
Akutagawa is such a brat.

What the hell, I knew something horrible was coming with the foreboding from the warning Gilde gave to Odasaku. So I guess now Odasaku is going against his beliefs now.

This episode was definitely the most depressing of the whole series so far, from the friendship-turned-enemies to that horrible ending.

Tbh i understand were akutagawa is coming from , imagine someone teaching you and beating you to death as his subordinate only to tell you at the end of the day you need 100 years to stand a chance against a low-ranking member in the mafia. But little does he know how badass oda is lol ...
Shishou_23Oct 19, 2016 1:29 PM
Oct 19, 2016 12:56 PM

Aug 2015
It was OK... Still lack many things to discover

Oct 19, 2016 1:25 PM

Dec 2014
that was harsh.. the guy lost everything....
Oct 19, 2016 2:01 PM

Sep 2015
I can still hear Oda's scream in my head after the episode ended. That hit pretty hard.
Oct 19, 2016 2:32 PM

Sep 2015
Damn man that was so cruel...And amazing character development for OdaSaku! I'm so looking forward to the next ep. 5/5
Oct 19, 2016 3:19 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Glad Odasaku is OK.
Hmm Gide has the same ability as Odasaku. Cool seeing both of them adjusting their future.
Poor Akutagawa. Got punched in the face last week & this week got punched in the stomach.

Ango was a triple agent.

Holy shit that ending though. Those orphans didn't deserve do die.
That explosion going off & Odasaku crying. So painful to watch.

Who ever did this needs to die.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 19, 2016 3:28 PM
Feb 2014
Am I the only one slightly confused/disappointed that Mimic's purpose is to kill themselves? It just seems so pointless...

Besides that, terrific episode.
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Oct 19, 2016 4:07 PM

Mar 2016
Duri1n said:
Am I the only one slightly confused/disappointed that Mimic's purpose is to kill themselves? It just seems so pointless...

Besides that, terrific episode.

Next episode will probably reveal more about mimic especially their leader. Right now, we know they are soldiers chased from their country (i think england dazai mentioned) in post-war and seek a place worthy of dying in the midst of battle . People like them have nothing to lose (unlike oda who lost everything now) But i think next episode will make things even more clear as oda referenced gide's past telling him i don't know what happened in your past but you're not dead yet(walking ghosts) ...
Shishou_23Oct 19, 2016 4:50 PM
Oct 19, 2016 4:08 PM

Apr 2015
Mimic so far seems to be an even more unusual group, with the leader having a similar ability. Decent episode, and that ending hit really hard.
Oct 19, 2016 4:09 PM

Jul 2013
Suwabe is indeed an awesome voice actor. That scream at the end gave me shivers. Loved too Odasaku's symbolism of his dreams with that old man (wonder who he is, if he is an imagination of Odasaku of an actual person he met in the past), and how the end symbolizes that he will give up of his dream to kill the ones who killed the orphans he cared. That scene was brutal.

Man, I like Odasaku a lot, but I cannot help but think he is gonna end this screwed :(
Gonna watch already him at 100% against Guide.

Btw, the scene at the bar with Ango now makes the reason why
clear.
Oct 19, 2016 4:36 PM

May 2015
That ending left me speechless.... That scream was heartbreaking.

Oct 19, 2016 4:46 PM

Sep 2014
Damn I feel for Oda :( I hope he doesn't lose himself, although I can already see his rage coming.

Mimic's motives are uniquely weird.

I hope this flash back arc keeps going! Please don't go back to the main time line x.x, Oda is just so much better to watch on screen compared to last season's characters.

I also really liked Oda's reason for not killing, it was nice to know about his hopes and dreams :) Too bad its about to go to shit :(
Oct 19, 2016 4:53 PM
Jul 2018
Simply amazing intelligent story concept that I ever witness! I AM SOO HyPED FOR WHOLE EPISODE!!!

Anyway,my bad for breathing out like this for such sad story , wish this season could entirely focus on dazai's past,because I still can't get him yet.
Oct 19, 2016 5:34 PM

Aug 2015
Man oh man that ending....
Oct 19, 2016 5:40 PM

Apr 2014
Such a good episode! This one really kicks this shows score up!
Oct 19, 2016 5:44 PM

Aug 2013
Hello Darkness my old friend
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 19, 2016 5:48 PM

Sep 2013
Incredible episode! The story telling was fluid and smooth that I had not realized that the opening song was in the middle of the episode and when the episode ended. I was captivated in Odasaku's story, Ango's reasoning/reveal and how Mimic pushed Odasaku's buttons at the very end to get the desired result they want from him.

I loved all the quotes in this episode as well.

Odasaku, who dreams to be a writer and his reasoning to never kill

Odasaku's breaking point

The End Result

5/5- Phenomenal Stuff.
TehSnawnOct 20, 2016 3:02 AM

Oct 19, 2016 5:51 PM

Sep 2015
Dam I knew something bad was gonna happen the moment it showed him going into that place. Rip kids...

I feel like the way he said he could no longer write a story means he gonna start killing the guys now for the death of the kids & the Mister.
Oct 19, 2016 6:20 PM
Apr 2016
Nooononononoooooo *cries*

Props to Suwabe and Gide's voice actor. They did REALLY well this episode. Especially Odasaku's scream...
Oct 19, 2016 7:01 PM

Dec 2014
Oda's going to snap. Don't fuck with children around him man.
Oct 19, 2016 7:03 PM

Oct 2014
A terrific episode, even with all the QUALITY moments. Everything from the fights to the placement of the OP to the final sequence was perfect. I like that the ED plays over a traditional black screen with scrolling credits, it helps give it a more sober feel even if the music is pretty cheerful.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Oct 19, 2016 7:04 PM
May 2016
Wow Poor Odasaku, I Hope Gide gets whats coming for him, Also the music is fire, props to whoever made all the music in this anime.

Who else feels that the entire second season needs to be more of this backstory and the Third season should continue where first season should be the continuation of the first season.
Oct 19, 2016 7:17 PM

Dec 2012
OMG! Poor Oda... He'll definitely kill now since he said he can't write the book.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2016

157 by gladiusm »»
May 14, 11:02 AM

» The Armed Detective Agency is actually weak?

eWEQRW123123 - May 8

30 by holo-simp »»
May 10, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

220 by kociamatka »»
May 3, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

107 by Karva1 »»
Apr 23, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 11, 2016

101 by Karva1 »»
Apr 23, 9:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.