Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 8, 2016 6:45 PM
Apr 2014
If anyone has any news on the dub of The irregular at magic high school? I'd love know, even if it's just a little
Jul 5, 2019 6:00 PM
Apr 2014
Hey sorry i don't know if this works on mal but *bumping the thread*
Jul 23, 2019 12:49 PM

Feb 2016
Aniplex USA will not dub it due to the bad reception of the anime
Jul 23, 2019 12:58 PM
Jan 2015
Zetsubear95 said:
I don't think that's the case, for example the monogatari series hasn't gotten a dub yet either. There are likely other factors.
My Queens

Jul 23, 2019 1:55 PM

Feb 2016
-Mahesvara said:
Zetsubear95 said:
I don't think that's the case, for example the monogatari series hasn't gotten a dub yet either. There are likely other factors.

Yeah i misread some things. It was because of the nationalistic views in the series or something like that. Derp on me
Jul 23, 2019 1:58 PM
Jan 2015
Zetsubear95 said:
-Mahesvara said:

Yeah i misread some things. It was because of the nationalistic views in the series or something like that. Derp on me
That's weird considering Gate has a dub and that's way more nationalistic, but that's licensed by Sentai not Aniplex, so idk.

Maybe it has something to do with the incestuous undertones, I know Monogatari has scenes like that too.
My Queens

Jul 30, 2019 5:24 PM
Apr 2014
Zetsubear95 said:

I was going to say I thought it was received quite well (a least the score on mal is decent). Thank you for the info anyway :)

-Mahesvara said:
Zetsubear95 said:

That's weird considering Gate has a dub and that's way more nationalistic, but that's licensed by Sentai not Aniplex, so idk.

Maybe it has something to do with the incestuous undertones, I know Monogatari has scenes like that too.

Oh well, thank you!
Oct 9, 2020 7:46 PM
Oct 2017
Honestly, I hope it does get dubbed at some point, I find it to be really good in Sub but really wanna watch it dubbed as well. Was honestly hoping it would have been dubbed by the time Season 2 started but still hasn't, Maybe it will be dubbed by the time s2 finishes but i'm not getting my hopes up. I still hope it happens it's needed so those who dislike watching Sub get to watch and enjoy it as well.
Nov 17, 2020 7:28 PM
Oct 2019
The "Visitor Arc" season is being dubbed, so not sure why this one wouldn't be dubbed as well.
Nov 17, 2020 7:29 PM
Apr 2014
HagePotPotato said:
The "Visitor Arc" season is being dubbed, so not sure why this one wouldn't be dubbed as well.

Hi sorry is that the second season?
Nov 18, 2020 9:58 AM
Oct 2019
awesomeblackman said:
HagePotPotato said:

Yes, from my understanding. The one that's airing right now.
Nov 20, 2020 1:07 PM
Apr 2014
HagePotPotato said:
awesomeblackman said:

Okay so that sounds like there's a good chance season one should get a dub too! So thank you for the info:)
Nov 21, 2020 7:22 AM
Dec 2018
awesomeblackman said:
HagePotPotato said:

Okay so that sounds like there's a good chance season one should get a dub too! So thank you for the info:)

I still wouldn't get my hopes too high about season 1. I don't know any details about this show but it's definitely not unprecedented for specific seasons not to be dubbed for various reasons. Just look to Gintama and Saiki for popular anime that have selective dubbing.

But I'd like to see it dubbed as well. Rights issues, while dumb for all parties involved, I at least kind of understand but I don't get the business decision to NOT dub season 1 while simuldubbing season 2. Feels like a narrow audience for the dub and a waste of resources when they already can't keep up. But then this industry is pretty incompetent from a business perspective across the board, still trying to force an ultra premium market at the cost of market reach. They're slowly learning, though.
Dec 8, 2020 10:13 PM
Oct 2019
DarkSaintOfGin said:
awesomeblackman said:

I still wouldn't get my hopes too high about season 1. I don't know any details about this show but it's definitely not unprecedented for specific seasons not to be dubbed for various reasons. Just look to Gintama and Saiki for popular anime that have selective dubbing.

But I'd like to see it dubbed as well. Rights issues, while dumb for all parties involved, I at least kind of understand but I don't get the business decision to NOT dub season 1 while simuldubbing season 2. Feels like a narrow audience for the dub and a waste of resources when they already can't keep up. But then this industry is pretty incompetent from a business perspective across the board, still trying to force an ultra premium market at the cost of market reach. They're slowly learning, though.

True.

I guess I was thinking of Kaguya-sama, which is dubbing season 2 before dubbing season 1, I believe?
Dec 27, 2020 10:12 AM
Nov 2017
Funimation is dubbing it for aniplex. And like with Kaguya sama they have confirmed they intent to dub season 1 as well. I think aniplex privatized the more recent seasons of both due to popularity, them being more current and of course dvd sales. The new seasons being dubbed before dvd release means aniplex doesn't have to produce a second wave of dvds for them like they do for season 1
Dec 29, 2020 8:35 AM
Apr 2014
DarkSaintOfGin said:
awesomeblackman said:

I really hope they do end up dubbing it, I honestly don't understand the business side to anime the decisions they make don't always seem to make sense to me

KursedArcana said:
Funimation is dubbing it for aniplex. And like with Kaguya sama they have confirmed they intent to dub season 1 as well. I think aniplex privatized the more recent seasons of both due to popularity, them being more current and of course dvd sales. The new seasons being dubbed before dvd release means aniplex doesn't have to produce a second wave of dvds for them like they do for season 1

That's great news thank you! Do you have a link to an article about this?:)
Dec 29, 2020 9:28 AM
Nov 2017
awesomeblackman said:
DarkSaintOfGin said:

I really hope they do end up dubbing it, I honestly don't understand the business side to anime the decisions they make don't always seem to make sense to me

KursedArcana said:

i read it either or funimation's Twitter or a dub voice actor's twitter
Jan 1, 2021 4:16 PM
Apr 2014
KursedArcana said:
awesomeblackman said:

i read it either or funimation's Twitter or a dub voice actor's twitter

Thank you for letting me know I really appreciate it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.