Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 21, 2022 6:59 PM

Jan 2021
I just don’t find the comedy good. I have a friend who loves this show and when we talk about anime, this is literally all he talks about. I mean, he is the kind of person that has a mental breakdown when he sees any form of anime titties. Anyway, I don’t see the appeal, Lucky Star is mid as fuck.

Edit: It’s pretty funny how opinions can just change. I don’t love it now, but it’s not mid.
SpicelitApr 17, 2022 5:42 PM
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Apr 14, 2022 12:00 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
How the fuck can someone complain about the animation of something from kyoani? I just lost some braincells reading this thread.
For me Lucky Star really were a great experience and i did laugh many times, but i watched it almost 10 years ago,but i still think that its a great anime, i am the type of guy that founds a joke funny even if i do not understand it completely, i watched carnival phantasm with only my kwnoledge about fate and still loved it.
Jul 25, 2022 2:02 AM

Dec 2015
I did not like the plot and characters - there basically was no plot ... and chars were shallow females mainly. I know certain people find it "funny" cause of some comedy which there is supposedly. Did not find anything like that though.

Mostly I think it is "references" to other anime or other otaku stuff. But that I would not consider "comedy". I prefer either real funny exaggerated stuff (chars like in Baki - a fighting anime actually or something like KonoSuba) ... or subtly hinted comedy. But simply refering to some other existing stuff ... that is not funny at all to me. A pretty boring thing.

I think though that the way the source material is made ... is part of the problem. Afaik it uses this "yon-koma" or "4-koma" format. Which probably mainly works as manga. Not enough real content to make anime out of such things.
Nov 20, 2022 10:18 PM
Sep 2021
I guess it because it full of chit-chat and it series having weird pacing, because they don't have transition in every segment, unlike Nichijou. That's will make people who dislike this feel confusing, because it feels like they keep changing their topic every 2 minute. Imagine stand up comedy but the comic keep changing their joke so randomly.

Though, I love this series. Feel confuse at first half of episode 1 and then I can enjoy it after understand the pattern.

9/10.
Nov 20, 2022 10:22 PM

May 2021
I found it to be pretty good. I guess it's about time to start my second rewatch of the anime.
Jan 16, 2023 6:58 PM
May 2015
I couldn't even finish the first episode while drunk....

I'll always love the opening song though.
Jun 8, 2023 9:49 AM
Jan 2016
Still every episode is different and the voice actresses put their pure best to make this anime happen. It’s kind of a parody and if you like action more ofc this ain't it.

The simplicity and softness is calming, personally I like to watch it when I can lay comfortable, and it could bring me a good nap. Don’t hate, it’s good for a 2007 anime and it definitely shows a lot about Japanese culture. The producers turned an idea into reality in such form it doesn't have to be 10/10 plot original new genre extraordinary magnificent art style u cant make everyone satisfied and if so how does that even have to look like
Jun 24, 2023 2:48 PM

Aug 2019
Its a solid show, but not for watching it in larger sessions than 1 episode per x weeks. Its basically an anime substitute of Seinfeld lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lucky Star Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Apr 9, 2007

148 by flwffzz »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Lucky ☆ Star Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Joseph_ - Aug 27, 2007

113 by LaviiS »»
May 12, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Lucky ☆ Star Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

chibuki - Sep 16, 2007

253 by EggWithNoPan »»
Apr 20, 1:55 AM

Poll: » Lucky ☆ Star Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Sep 10, 2007

85 by biuberry »»
Apr 9, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Lucky Star Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - May 22, 2007

84 by Celt1cs »»
Apr 7, 9:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.