Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 25, 2016 8:31 AM
Jun 2013
A lot of people is saying rewrite anime is bullshit because it doesn't portray the VN 1:1 etc

IT NEVER INTENDED DO IT

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-04-18/rewrite-tv-anime-features-untold-6th-route-about-that-girl/.101190

Now, you can argue about bad adaption if they do it bad with moon and terra, not with this first season.

The anime is far from be perfect, but anyway I read a lot of stupid comments here in this forum, most of them crying about that, bad adaption, if you're scoring the anime based on that, you're just stupid, because you shouldn't even start the anime.

For the people who say ''worst key anime''
thats just stupid, Little Busters tried to do a faithful adaption and it was just pathetic
THAT WAS A VERY BAD ADAPTION
At least rewrite didn't tried to do 5 heroines routes, because they know it wasn't possible with a very high ammount of episodes.
Sep 25, 2016 8:48 AM

Apr 2015
Again? Please, just stop it. LB was decent enough, Refrain was amazing. And Rewrite is a pile of garbage... on fire.
Sep 25, 2016 9:51 AM

Jan 2016
Even the VN was a colossal clusterfuck discussing a bunch of issues for 60+ hours without presenting a coherent point or even analyzing them beyond a superficial level, with perhaps the sole exception of "don't be an egotistical asshole". The anime adaptation also suffers from bad pacing and seemed to have no real idea of what it was trying to do other than condensing a lot of stuff from the VN into a single "route".
Sep 25, 2016 9:52 AM
Jul 2016
Little busters was okay....rewrite is just a piece of shit. Comparing the two is just stupid.
Sep 25, 2016 11:26 AM

Sep 2014
Well that would be fine and all, but they as someone pointed out, put the VN in a blender and put together what came out.
They haphazardly stick in climatic moments from the VN, rubbing readers the wrong way and confusing anime watchers. If they really wanted it to stand on its own, they needed to either have the episode count to actually fit all the stuff thrown in there, or scale back the story to fit the episode count.
And the original stuff in the anime was mostly the glue to stick together the pieces of the VN so seeing it as its own thing is more difficult.
There is no sanity here, we are madmen engaging in usless folly.
Sep 25, 2016 1:08 PM

Jul 2015
Nemeios said:
At least rewrite didn't tried to do 5 heroines routes.

Well... they didn't even try to do a good anime.

LB! anime isn't the best of the world, but at least the characters were developed. I can't say the same of Rewrite anime.
Sep 25, 2016 1:46 PM
Jul 2012
They still failed to adapt the common route somewhat correctly. I don't mind the new route being bad but don't ruin the part that is suppose to be an adaption.
Sep 25, 2016 2:01 PM
Jun 2013
I suppose that no one from here has read LB!, because I can't understand how can you think that refrain was good, I really can't
LB! anime has plotholes that VN doesn't.
LB! anime destroyed the most emotional scene with stupid masato kawaii
LB! anime had omited one of the most important scenes in the VN pre-refrain, last decision from Rin2

And there are just a bit from the list of things that LB! Anime did very bad.

For me, LB VN is my top 1 VN, and the anime was decent till they fucked up with plotholes and stupid changes that made totally no sense.

Rewrite is my top 4 VN, I'm enjoying the anime a lot more than LB! anime, for the reason I gave above, at least they're not trying to adapt the VN changing things because who knows why

TL;DR

For me Rewrite is a very bad anime for people who haven't read the VN, who is of course a bad thing, the anime should be made for all people, but saying is a bad adaption is just false.

LB! is just the opposite, can be quite decent for people who hasn't read the VN, but It's very inferior to the VN, which they suppose tried to adapt.

Sorry for my bad english.
NemeiosSep 25, 2016 2:06 PM
Sep 25, 2016 2:07 PM

Jan 2015
That's what they said, but the anime ends up being a mess and lot of mixed up routes, not a original route but little pieces of everything with poor explanation and weak development (feel), and the original content (not really a route) added are bad, fanservice in wrong timing and weird stuff like a meteorite that hits Kagari head to switch her behavior, etc, etc and a lot of bads etc.

I'll never say "Key worst anime" because Key don't make animes, I'll not associate/link Key name to it. Yet, isn't the worst in my opinion.
Arikado-Sep 25, 2016 2:19 PM
Sep 25, 2016 2:18 PM

Apr 2015
Nemeios said:
I suppose that no one from here has read LB!, because I can't understand how can you think that refrain was good, I really can't
LB! anime had omited one of the most important scenes in the VN pre-refrain, last decision from Rin2

For me, LB VN is my top 1 VN, and the anime was decent till they fucked up with plotholes and stupid changes that made totally no sense.

Rewrite is my top 4 VN, I'm enjoying the anime a lot more than LB! anime, for the reason I gave above, at least they're not trying to adapt the VN changing things because who knows why

TL;DR

For me Rewrite is a very bad anime for people who haven't read the VN, who is of course a bad thing, the anime should be made for all people, but saying is a bad adaption is just false.

LB! is just the opposite, can be quite decent for people who hasn't read the VN, but It's very inferior to the VN, which they suppose tried to adapt.

Um... no. And I know LB VN like the back of my hand.
Also, Rewrite MAL score: 6.74, LB Refrain: 8.37.
You're in minority, pal. Deal with it.
N7n4shiSep 27, 2016 8:40 AM
Sep 25, 2016 2:21 PM

Apr 2015
Pochi_ said:
Nemeios said:
At least rewrite didn't tried to do 5 heroines routes.

Well... they didn't even try to do a good anime.

LB! anime isn't the best of the world, but at least the characters were developed. I can't say the same of Rewrite anime.

Quote of the month!
Sep 25, 2016 5:59 PM
Jun 2013
[quote=Gotrys_Cheslock message=47914429]
Nemeios said:

Also, Rewrite MAL score: 6.77, LB Refrain: 8.37.

As I said

LB! is more oriented for people who haven't read the vn.
Meanwhile Rewrite the opposite

So, of course LB! has more score, that doesn't make LB! a better anime considering the original.
Sep 25, 2016 7:00 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Again? Please, just stop it. LB was decent enough, Refrain was amazing. And Rewrite is a pile of garbage... on fire.

Agree, would only say Rewrite isnt a pile of garbage, watchable with some nice moments, but no near as a decent adaptation as common route of LB!.

Hoping Moon/Terra will have a quality jump, like LB! had with Refrain.
Sep 25, 2016 9:19 PM

Sep 2015
and this same reason mal don't create rewrite s2 yet?
Into the Internet!
Sep 27, 2016 1:00 AM

Sep 2014
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Rewrite is a pile of garbage... on fire.

Nail it! xD

This adaptation is a good reason to continue avoiding LB and steins gate anime.
Will read the novels... when i have the time to do so... ; -;
Sep 27, 2016 8:23 PM

Jul 2013
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Nemeios said:

TL;DR

Also, Rewrite MAL score: 6.74, LB Refrain: 8.37.

This. LB anime was great. Tbh it was better adapted than Clannad was.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Sep 27, 2016 8:25 PM

Jul 2013
Playcool said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Agree, would only say Rewrite isnt a pile of garbage, watchable with some nice moments, but no near as a decent adaptation as common route of LB!.

Hoping Moon/Terra will have a quality jump, like LB! had with Refrain.

I'm not setting my hopes on it. LB had a longer gap in between seasons. We'll likely see the same quality with Moon and Terra.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Sep 28, 2016 12:48 AM

Jul 2016
Well, it depends on what people want from Rewrite anime. Objectively speaking, Rewrite anime didn't deliver what most fans of visual novel wanted at all. Where were the character developments? Where were the emotional scenes? Epic battle scenes? None at all. Its bad score reflects that undeniable fact. I cannot give any excuse for it.

However, for me, Rewrite anime totally delivered what I wanted. Therefore I give it a high score. From what I read in some anime streaming site, there exists some animeonlyfags who like Rewrite as well, without playing VN beforehand. Most of them are quite normie who didn't think critically about anime they watched. But one of them also said that Rewrite is a great anime, which give a moral lesson that "we must live a good life, help other, and stop doing something useless like war... be forgiven, life is hard but if we try to approach it with others (friends and family) we can survive this life and influence the next generation. I believe human are wrong and fools but we can slowly change and make the world better".

Reading comment like that made me smile in my heart. If this is what the author want, then I think Rewrite anime is success.
"A good man, in his darkest yearning, Is still aware of virtue’s ways." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Sep 28, 2016 3:28 AM

Apr 2014
Comparing Little Busters to Rewrite is just wrong. LB's VN was below average, but its anime was at least presentable. Rewrite had a brilliant VN, with a shit tier anime.

Nemeios said:
A lot of people is saying rewrite anime is bullshit because it doesn't portray the VN 1:1 etc

IT NEVER INTENDED DO IT

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-04-18/rewrite-tv-anime-features-untold-6th-route-about-that-girl/.101190

Now, you can argue about bad adaption if they do it bad with moon and terra, not with this first season.

If you really think that the anime actually portrayed a new route, then either you haven't read the VN or you didn't get any of it. It was just a remixed version of various elements of each route, with almost nothing new. The only real 'new' thing they did was destroying Kagari's personality, which didn't earn them any favors.
Sep 29, 2016 12:50 PM
Jun 2013
DarthBob said:
Comparing Little Busters to Rewrite is just wrong. LB's VN was below average, but its anime was at least presentable. Rewrite had a brilliant VN, with a shit tier anime.

Nemeios said:

IT NEVER INTENDED DO IT

If you really think that the anime actually portrayed a new route, then either you haven't read the VN or you didn't get any of it. It was just a remixed version of various elements of each route, with almost nothing new. The only real 'new' thing they did was destroying Kagari's personality, which didn't earn them any favors.

LB! VN below averague?

https://vndb.org/v5 8.64 4058 votes
https://vndb.org/v751 8.68 3631 votes

there are VERY LITTLE difference between both
So no, Little busters is NO below average
Sep 30, 2016 1:41 AM

Apr 2014
Nemeios said:
DarthBob said:

LB! VN below averague?

LB was a shit tier VN to me, since it offered absolutely nothing new and had a pathetic cast of characters. The anime was a decent adaptation, but the source itself was the problem. That's just my own viewpoint, so I don't really care about the ratings. As far as I care, LB is Key's worst VN.
Sep 30, 2016 5:13 AM

Apr 2015
DarthBob said:
Nemeios said:

LB! VN below averague?

LB was a shit tier VN to me, since it offered absolutely nothing new and had a pathetic cast of characters. The anime was a decent adaptation, but the source itself was the problem. That's just my own viewpoint, so I don't really care about the ratings. As far as I care, LB is Key's worst VN.

In this case Nemeios is totally right. LB (especially EX) is Key's second finest. And I don't give a fuck about your opinion, cause it's pretty obvious (hint: your anime list) that you're just an elitist. Anyway, Key's worst is definitely Kanon (with its meh story, dull characters, abysmal design and plain soundtrack). Tomoyo After is right behind it. That's just a betrayal. At least the music is great.
Sep 30, 2016 9:20 AM

Apr 2014
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
DarthBob said:

In this case Nemeios is totally right. LB (especially EX) is Key's second finest. And I don't give a fuck about your opinion, cause it's pretty obvious (hint: your anime list) that you're just an elitist. Anyway, Key's worst is definitely Kanon (with its meh story, dull characters, abysmal design and plain soundtrack). Tomoyo After is right behind it. That's just a betrayal. At least the music is great.

Elitist? Just because I don't like some popular anime, that makes me an elitist? What a load of bullshit.
As for Little Busters, I can go into some detail. Every single route except Rin's was shallow as hell.
Komari was a scatterbrain with absolutely nothing new to bring to the table. The whole aspect about her memories had me facepalming instead of feeling sorry for her.
Yuiko was the template 'hot senior' archetype, who yet again, had nothing new. Her route was better than most, but nothing amazing.
Mio's route was the worst of the lot. Zero explanation for anything, went straight up supernatural without any prior indication. She herself was insanely boring.
Kud, I liked as a character, but her route was just more bullshit. That part about Riki wishing her out of her prison was just ridiculous.
Haruka had a mildly annoying route that was still pretty cliched. Her whole family thing was extremely obvious and didn't invoke any sort of emotion, which I'm pretty sure was supposed to happen.
The only route I really enjoyed was the muscle route, which had me laughing till I ran out of breath. Then again, that was just a joke route.
The final section and Rin's route were alright, since I never actually saw the accident thing coming. That particular reveal caught me by surprise, but the events after that were still pretty cliched.

I never read EX, since I assumed it was the same thing with added sex scenes. I never really cared for the extra routes.
Kanon was certainly bad, but it was still better than the train wreck that was LB. Then again, if I look at it critically, Kanon might be as bad, but I'm a little partial towards it since it was the first VN I ever read.

Key's best was Rewrite, which I enjoyed vastly. Planetarian was their next best, since it was low on melodrama, which is the most common fallacy that Key is prone to. Clannad after that, though I'm not particularly fond of it (Extreme amounts of melodrama). If Key anime were to be considered, I would place Angel Beats over Clannad.
I can't comment on Tomoyo After/Air/Kud Wafter, since I haven't read them.
Sep 30, 2016 11:22 AM

Apr 2015
DarthBob said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Elitist? Just because I don't like some popular anime, that makes me an elitist? What a load of bullshit.
As for Little Busters, I can go into some detail. Every single route except Rin's was shallow as hell.
Komari was a scatterbrain with absolutely nothing new to bring to the table. The whole aspect about her memories had me facepalming instead of feeling sorry for her.
Yuiko was the template 'hot senior' archetype, who yet again, had nothing new. Her route was better than most, but nothing amazing.
Mio's route was the worst of the lot. Zero explanation for anything, went straight up supernatural without any prior indication. She herself was insanely boring.
Kud, I liked as a character, but her route was just more bullshit. That part about Riki wishing her out of her prison was just ridiculous.
Haruka had a mildly annoying route that was still pretty cliched. Her whole family thing was extremely obvious and didn't invoke any sort of emotion, which I'm pretty sure was supposed to happen.
The only route I really enjoyed was the muscle route, which had me laughing till I ran out of breath. Then again, that was just a joke route.
The final section and Rin's route were alright, since I never actually saw the accident thing coming. That particular reveal caught me by surprise, but the events after that were still pretty cliched.

I never read EX, since I assumed it was the same thing with added sex scenes. I never really cared for the extra routes.
Kanon was certainly bad, but it was still better than the train wreck that was LB. Then again, if I look at it critically, Kanon might be as bad, but I'm a little partial towards it since it was the first VN I ever read.

Key's best was Rewrite, which I enjoyed vastly. Planetarian was their next best, since it was low on melodrama, which is the most common fallacy that Key is prone to. Clannad after that, though I'm not particularly fond of it (Extreme amounts of melodrama). If Key anime were to be considered, I would place Angel Beats over Clannad.
I can't comment on Tomoyo After/Air/Kud Wafter, since I haven't read them.

The "plot holes", supernatural crap for no reason and other weird things are all intentional. This is the world without logic, you remember that part, right? Anyway, EX is something more than H-scenes and new routes, but whatever.
"I never really cared" is a perfect description of your feelings towards LB, so I'm not gonna even bother.

Also, Planetarian was low on melodrama only because it's short. Clannad is both hit, miss, and a toilet seat cover. Air is all over the place (lol!) but there is something fascinating about it, and Kud Wafter is decent enough (I guess).

Oh, but this: "If Key anime were to be considered, I would place Angel Beats over Clannad." - count me in!
Oct 1, 2016 9:20 PM
Jul 2018
@DarthBob
I really wonder what you mean by LB! having nothing new. You criticized almost every route and everything about it saying that they had nothing new and interesting. With what expectations have you read the VN? Also, as Gotrys_Cheslock said, EX is much more than what you think.
Oct 1, 2016 11:34 PM

Apr 2014
Meanwhile, I'll just sit here and laugh at the hate and hater hate for Rewrite. xD
Oh, and yes, I enjoyed Rewrite and I haven't played the VN.
Oct 2, 2016 12:56 AM

Apr 2014
--RazoR-- said:
@DarthBob
I really wonder what you mean by LB! having nothing new. You criticized almost every route and everything about it saying that they had nothing new and interesting. With what expectations have you read the VN? Also, as Gotrys_Cheslock said, EX is much more than what you think.

I expected it to have some refreshing characters who actually have more depth than just 'playing the archetype'. The main issue is that every single female in the series lacked depth (except maybe Rin) and lacked any sort of originality on the writer's parts. It was so ridiculous that the male characters had a hell of a lot more depth than the females, which would've been fine if they had routes, but they don't. Kengo and Kyosuke were far better characters than all the girls combined.
What I expected was something along the lines of Rewrite, which I firmly believe is Key's best. Every character in Rewrite was well fleshed out and even if they appeared cliched at first, their development set them apart from the archetype. Also, the routes in Rewrite were very well rounded and didn't feel rushed at all, which is a privilage that Little Busters didn't enjoy.
Oct 22, 2022 5:37 PM

Jul 2015
So it being an incoherent clusterfuck with random bullshit happening for no reason was intentional?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

294 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

167 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2016

329 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.