Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Sep 26, 2016 2:10 PM
Jul 2016
GokuNazz said:
seeker_moc said:

Not really. Moon and Terra are more action-oriented than anything else. It's mostly about Kotaru fighting to protect Kagari and the world. Kagari is the "heroine" of the routes, but the romance aspect is low-key compared to the other routes, and she doesn't talk nearly as much as she did in the new anime route.

No, Moon and Terra are separate routes. Moon is what you see at the end of the anime.

Terra is the "true" route

Ohhh. Then the terra route is the one we'll see in season 2

But im still confused about the timeline. Terra takes place before Moon? But how come the last episode is a prologue to Terra route :/

About the timeline:

Sep 26, 2016 8:20 PM

Jun 2013
Well, that was actually a satisfying last episode. Looks like we got Treetarou in the end too.

Definitely does not do the VN justice at all, but I just can't bring myself to hate this anime adaptation.
Sep 26, 2016 11:25 PM

Mar 2014

Well played Akane

anyway need answer to my question
Haven't played VN of it so no idea

Why Kagari attacked Kotarou in the first place ? I keep recalling all the episodes never mentioned why, only the dream part being shown
Sep 26, 2016 11:32 PM

Apr 2014
So that's what happens when you rush an ending, right? I guess some closure is good.
Sep 27, 2016 1:41 AM

Jun 2013
at least the ost is good and the action too
Sep 27, 2016 9:24 AM

Mar 2013
Fayt89 said:
FinalFlash18 said:
Bad end huh...
The song at the end was awesome.

Question to VN readers -

Some major spoilers

Sep 27, 2016 10:05 AM

Aug 2013
FinalFlash18 said:
Fayt89 said:

Some major spoilers

Sep 27, 2016 10:15 AM

Mar 2013
Fayt89 said:
FinalFlash18 said:

Sep 27, 2016 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
FinalFlash18 said:
Fayt89 said:

Sep 27, 2016 11:30 AM

Feb 2013
Wow!!! That was a truly unexpected ending....a very different anime than I thought it was going to be. I hope more people watched this....this was pretty amazing.

8/10

If there is more....I would not be angry lol.
Sep 27, 2016 5:00 PM

Jun 2014
unmemorablehero said:
Wow!!! That was a truly unexpected ending....a very different anime than I thought it was going to be. I hope more people watched this....this was pretty amazing.

8/10

Rejoice, the second season has been confirmed for january 2017.
Sep 27, 2016 5:56 PM

Feb 2013
Thai777 said:
unmemorablehero said:

8/10

Rejoice, the second season has been confirmed for january 2017.
Sweet!!! Thanks for the heads up :)
Sep 28, 2016 7:13 AM

Dec 2012
I didn't expect it to be a bad ending and it was nicely done. I hope the second season will be better because I liked the first episode, but the others were boring or just ok.

Imo, The highlight of Rewrite is its characters, they are all funny with an original backstory.
Sep 28, 2016 7:41 AM

Apr 2015
unmemorablehero said:

8/10

Sakaitsu said:
I didn't expect it to be a bad ending and it was nicely done. I hope the second season will be better because I liked the first episode, but the others were boring or just ok.

Imo, The highlight of Rewrite is its characters, they are all funny with an original backstory.

I just... Kotori, please react somehow... I need a drink.

Sep 28, 2016 10:58 AM

Dec 2009
Well this series was handled clumsily until the end... That's unfortunate.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 28, 2016 3:17 PM
Dec 2011
Finally this poor parody of the VN ended. I really felt nothing during all the drama due to the lack of proper build up, how do they expect people to feel sad? I actually laughed instead.

I did enjoy some episodes, but that's not how they should've handled Rewrite anime. Even the new original route was poorly written compared any route from the VN. If Rewrite was actually adapted properly it would make Clannad looks like BS, but now Rewrite's reputation is ruined forever.

I'm expecting next season to be a big imprpvment since they kinda have enough episodes to make a memorable Moon & Terra adaptation (hopefully)

Overall 6.5/10 for the anime
Sep 29, 2016 9:14 AM

Nov 2012
Don't know what to say about this show.
I thought it was ok when we had the SOL stuff but it became pretty meh as soon as it tried to become some sort of weird half-assed shonen show.
It kept me watching till the end though so I guess I have to give it props for that.

Hope 8 bit gets a better budget for the second season. Some of the fight scenes were just painful to watch, on par with zero no tsukaima fight scenes lol
Sep 29, 2016 11:24 AM

Sep 2016
Is anyone knew how would the 2nd seasond of this going?.. They will recreate the story and change the ending(I hope) or what? I've never read the VN, so... I really confused of this :(

Is it better to read the Novel? or is it okay to just wait for the Second season? *many person told that the story in this anime has rushed and left many important points
Sep 29, 2016 3:34 PM

Nov 2011
So the Moon/Terra Arc is the main story line yes? If so that makes season 2 more promising.

However this ending was god AWFUL. While I did like Kagari sitting on a FlowChart (I laughed haha) I did not like, OH HEY EVERYONE IS DEAD! Ending

Like Akane went crazy for no reason with ZERO explanation. I doubt they will explain in season 2 or if there is even an answer as to why she went cray cray haha.

5/10

Really it's 3/10 but Kagari pushes it up <33
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 29, 2016 4:16 PM

Mar 2009
And suddenly, they became a tree. Makes sense I guess.
...I wish I had understood even a single thing about this show.

Planetarian was so much better.
Sep 29, 2016 4:34 PM
Jul 2016
SoraSenpai said:
So the Moon/Terra Arc is the main story line yes? If so that makes season 2 more promising.

However this ending was god AWFUL. While I did like Kagari sitting on a FlowChart (I laughed haha) I did not like, OH HEY EVERYONE IS DEAD! Ending

Like Akane went crazy for no reason with ZERO explanation. I doubt they will explain in season 2 or if there is even an answer as to why she went cray cray haha.

5/10

Really it's 3/10 but Kagari pushes it up <33
I would recommend you to play the VN to get the answers.... remember this is 8bit so I doubt they'll do anything different....if they fucked up the common route, what make anyone think that they won't do the same with the true route.
Sep 29, 2016 4:51 PM

Oct 2010
QUÉ?
How is supposed for someone who haven't played the VN, to watch this?. What?
¬¬ not my type of ending, at least no with that PLOT. Really the most interesting part are the conversations between characters, in other words, the firsts episodes. It's something like Haruhi, who reveled the strange things about the characters in the middle of the series, but with this ending is like... "hey it's not as good with this story, but the ending it's very powerful".

DEMET
Sep 29, 2016 7:37 PM
Jun 2010
God damn I love this, best ending in years.
Sep 30, 2016 3:25 AM

Jun 2011
Surprisingly, the first episodes were a lot more enjoyable than everything that came after. I have no idea how can a story (if you can even call it a story) be this uninteresting, a lot of things just seem to happen without a proper explanation. This may have been the worst anime I have watched all year.

There is also this issue that I hate with VN adaptation, where you see normal interaction between all characters at the very beginning / introductory arc, but a lot of those characters get excluded later when the story gets to the individual story arc, where basically only the protagonist will be involved in.

Kagari with a voice also feel incredibly off for some reason. Hanakana is a talentless hack

Highly contemplating on not watching a second season, if it's getting one, despite hating not finishing a story after I started.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 30, 2016 8:52 AM

Apr 2014
As I thought. 8bit Studio would fuck this game adaptation. What a disappointment indeed.
Well only few studios can make a good game adaptation after all. So I wasn't really surprised.
But I hope S2 would be better than this. Anyway, I'll rate this a 6 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 30, 2016 7:44 PM

Oct 2008
The heck!? would that be a bad end/bad route? everyone's a fodder except Kagari the Key.
3/5.
6/10.

Oct 1, 2016 12:01 AM
Apr 2012
So apart from Kagari, literally everyone in the world died. For no apparent reason, too. It seemed like they all knew the world was about to end, so they just decided to start killing each other before reaching that point.

Then there's all this talk about a sequel? "Kagari's Adventures in an Empty World" or something? Nah, I'm sure they'll just turn back the time or something giving Kotarou another chance at things, but meh. I'll porbably watch the second season once it airs, but I don't really have any expectations.
Oct 1, 2016 9:06 AM

Jan 2016
Well ehm.. that was totally something else then i had in mind o.O
ended in a total death with earth and homans. AND sense i feel a little lost i think.. i mean i liked the story base.. but wasnt a big fan of the ending just feel to rushed ish and all mixed together, but 2nd season is confirmed soo..not the super hype or anything, but will probably watch it..
OVERALL. i enjoyed it, and kinda am pleased as well,but there is it flaws where is kinda lost me for a sec (had to rewatch the scene) 7,2/10(7/10
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Oct 1, 2016 1:18 PM

Mar 2012
For those of you who went through the VN, I've looked up some materials and I want to make sense of the story, so if you don't mind please tell me if what I'm saying in the below spoiler tag is largely correct. Thanks in advance.

I think this series doesn't deserve more than a 1/5 as is. The pace is definitely rushed. The art is inconsistent, to put it kindly. I frankly liked the characters, but once it moved out of the slice-of-life part, I feel like the only reason I watch this is so it gets back to slice-of-life. And it didn't. Instead it dragged us into a world conflict that is largely imcomprehensible. The ending was a nice touch, but the rushing left a lot to be desired. And the part that pisses me off the most is that unless you've gone through the VN, you're very unlikely to understand what's going on. I certainly don't. So I may just cut my losses and not bother with season 2, or I'll begrudgingly watch it just so I understand season 1 when season 1 itself should've been clear on most things.

Shame because I've come to expect quality out of Key's anime. I liked Charlotte and Planetarian so I thought Rewrite was an easy choice. Unfortunately it turned out to be a let-down...
Oct 1, 2016 1:37 PM

Jul 2013
zannet_t said:
For those of you who went through the VN, I've looked up some materials and I want to make sense of the story, so if you don't mind please tell me if what I'm saying in the below spoiler tag is largely correct. Thanks in advance.

I think this series doesn't deserve more than a 1/5 as is. The pace is definitely rushed. The art is inconsistent, to put it kindly. I frankly liked the characters, but once it moved out of the slice-of-life part, I feel like the only reason I watch this is so it gets back to slice-of-life. And it didn't. Instead it dragged us into a world conflict that is largely imcomprehensible. The ending was a nice touch, but the rushing left a lot to be desired. And the part that pisses me off the most is that unless you've gone through the VN, you're very unlikely to understand what's going on. I certainly don't. So I may just cut my losses and not bother with season 2, or I'll begrudgingly watch it just so I understand season 1 when season 1 itself should've been clear on most things.

Shame because I've come to expect quality out of Key's anime. I liked Charlotte and Planetarian so I thought Rewrite was an easy choice. Unfortunately it turned out to be a let-down...

In regards to your question,
MEGA SPOILERS
sanata50lbsbOct 1, 2016 1:41 PM
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Oct 1, 2016 5:38 PM

Dec 2012
Well isn't that something. That ending is a tree hugger's wet dream, that's for sure.

Yowza, this was just so...sudden. Somewhat depressed but considering I just wanted to get this over with, I'm also a bit detached from it. I'll certainly watch the sequel, although I don't know how in the hell you make a sequel out of this (no, I'm not asking for potential spoilers).

I'm not familiar with the VN, but the name Key was enough to reel me in no questions asked. While I absolutely adored the first few episodes, it started to really lose momentum towards the midway point. And then it just sort of...sank. Titanic style. Maybe not as tragically as Leonardo DiCaprio sinking to the bottom of the ocean, but it was certainly a sight to see. It just felt like there was more wonder and mystery at the start, and then it sort of devolved into a typical battle between two organizations and then everyone dies happily ever after.

To be fair to it though, the struggle between Gaia and Guardian poses that idea of the planet's future vs mankind's. I'm no Captain Planet, but sometimes I wonder if the world would be better off without human intervention. At the very least, it's apparent that it couldn't be worse. I had to bring this up because I'm currently reading a book and the chapter I'm on deals with a very similar topic. I also wanted to touch on that moment at the start of episode 11 when it shows the various generations of Akane's ancestors and how the cycle of human nature endlessly revolves. The repeated attempts at building happiness and the continuous ruination of it. That really helped to drive home the hatred the old lady had for humanity.

I'm sure the hoards of fans about to point me to the VN are right, but I really was hoping for something more from a Key adaptation. I still enjoyed it, just felt like something went awry the moment everyone else started to have powers.

6.5/10, may round up just because I can't get enough of Shizuru doing this:
Oct 1, 2016 5:45 PM

Mar 2012
sanata50lbsb said:

MEGA SPOILERS

Thanks for answer! That's good enough for me to want to watch S2. It's still a little sad though since from what you said it seems like this series definitely should've been adapted better...
Oct 1, 2016 6:44 PM

Jul 2013
zannet_t said:
sanata50lbsb said:

MEGA SPOILERS

Thanks for answer! That's good enough for me to want to watch S2. It's still a little sad though since from what you said it seems like this series definitely should've been adapted better...

Well, episode 8-13 was all original content. They followed an original route for the anime. Episodes 1-7 were all from the original common route in the visual novel (save for episode 5, and arguably 4). I think the reason why this series plummeted was because they really didn't have a clear idea of what they wanted to do for the original route. Also their schedule was shit (some episodes were outsourced to random animators), which led to inconsistent art and animation. Not to mention they threw way too many gags and jokes from episodes 8-13 which was when it was supposed to remain in a serious tone. I'd like to say that if it got at least 3 or 4 more episodes to properly pace everything and explain things, it would've been better. But part of me also thinks that even that wouldn't have saved it..
Overall, I'm just hoping that season 2 is better because of how linear the final routes are, and the production staff actually has a guideline now for what they're supposed to adapt.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Oct 2, 2016 4:44 AM

Jul 2015
Welp, that world got freaking wrekt. Anyway, all this tragedy and destruction in stuff was going, and all this screaming and pain... but... I didn't really care about it... I knew from experience that I shouldn't take this anime seriously at all, and I was right. He grabbed her boob to make her stop screaming and turning into a tree.

OH AND EVERYBODY ELSE GOT WRECKED AND BASICALLY DIED TO BUT OH WELL. Well, it was a little sad at least. But again, I couldn't exactly take this stuff seriously. Ending song was nice though. Overall not a terrible series, but could have been a whole lot better. 7/10 for Kagari.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 2, 2016 11:27 AM

Jan 2012
Its like two stories... mashed up together to create this one hot garbage!

NoobHunterDOct 2, 2016 11:34 AM
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 2, 2016 5:38 PM

Sep 2011
NoobHunterD said:
Its like two stories... mashed up together to create this one hot garbage!

You mean, 5 stories + 1 completely shit original story.

Oct 3, 2016 4:11 AM

Nov 2012
I don't even know what the fuck I watched, sincerely.
Hope for a MUCH better second season...
Sorry for my bad English :/

Simply torito & probably the best!!!
Oct 4, 2016 12:24 PM

Jul 2009
I dislike the grab boob thing, it was not necessary...
So they all disappear in the end. 6/10
Oct 4, 2016 6:17 PM

May 2012
Quite a different ending than I first expected this to be, there were lots of changes in terms of story and character development but with such a melodramatic ending I can say that I liked it.

It still was a bit of a big twist towards how the whole anime turned, from a casual harem slice of life to a supernatural all out war. But well it wasn't bad either.

The ending was quite something and it's not the usual "happy ending" which is quite nice as well for a change/

All in all a pretty interesting anime!
Oct 5, 2016 10:07 PM

Dec 2009
I'm really depressed now and fucked up. I really enjoyed this series and not sure how season 2 can even continue past this.
Oct 5, 2016 10:08 PM

Jan 2014
"If only I had more time..." I feel like the producers were trying to tell us something with that line. This season could've been done better if it had more episodes to work with but that still didn't stop this particular episode from fucking me up. I cried all the tears. Kotarou chose Kagari over the world.

Honestly, if the second season is about another time line/reality, I don't give a fuck about it. I grew to like these characters. A 'better end' working out in another reality means nothing if these characters in this time line are still dead.
JotakakOct 5, 2016 10:14 PM
Oct 7, 2016 3:15 AM

Dec 2008
As an anime only watcher, I really don't understand what's going on. I know what's going on from a surface level but I feel like I'm missing a lot of details and because of that everything just feels boring and makes me not really care about anything going on.
Oct 11, 2016 10:10 AM

Jan 2014
huh? lmao wut happened?
I know that this anime is adapt from VN which has plenty of alternate ending, but then if the world end in S1, what will they adapt in S2?
is it some kind of alternate ending or another route?
or is it a continuing after the salvation? y know, like "suddenly reborn and nothing happened because the Key wanted to" thingy?

he looks badass in that form, it's like I'm seeing Genos that born from nature, not technology.
Oct 11, 2016 2:23 PM

Jun 2013
Abyhape said:
huh? lmao wut happened?
I know that this anime is adapt from VN which has plenty of alternate ending, but then if the world end in S1, what will they adapt in S2?
or is it a continuing after the salvation? y know, like "suddenly reborn and nothing happened because the Key wanted to" thingy?

he looks badass in that form, it's like I'm seeing Genos that born from nature, not technology.

The second season will adapt the true routes from the game, which are called "Moon" and "Terra" routes.

Read this if you want heavy spoilers:

Oct 11, 2016 11:28 PM

Jan 2014
Murasa22 said:
Abyhape said:
huh? lmao wut happened?

The second season will adapt the true routes from the game, which are called "Moon" and "Terra" routes.

i see, so S2 will be complete reboot from scratch because it's another/true route.
if S2 adapt moon and terra route, then what route is S1?
Oct 11, 2016 11:52 PM

Jun 2013
Abyhape said:
Murasa22 said:

i see, so S2 will be complete reboot from scratch because it's another/true route.
if S2 adapt moon and terra route, then what route is S1?

S1 until episode 7 is adapted from the common route of the game. episode 8 onwards is an original anime route, which doesn't exist in the visual novel.

The salvation ending though happens on 2 different routes in the game (Shizuru's and Akane's)
Oct 13, 2016 7:18 AM
Nov 2015
hey, has anyone played harmonia?
Oct 13, 2016 7:20 AM

Apr 2015
sat2400 said:
hey, has anyone played harmonia?

Me. Not bad but nothing really outstanding, IMO.
Oct 14, 2016 3:57 PM

Jan 2008
I understand why people are upset about this anime, but think it through: there's no way to adapt the routes of Rewrite into an anime anyway. They might have well just mangles every route together so at least you understand what happens in Moon and Terra. You need to know the backstory of the charatcers, their powers, etc, to understand Moon and Terra. Now.... if they fuck those up... I'm going to be PISSED.
Oct 15, 2016 6:34 AM

Apr 2015
DmonHiro said:
I understand why people are upset about this anime, but think it through: there's no way to adapt the routes of Rewrite into an anime anyway. They might have well just mangles every route together so at least you understand what happens in Moon and Terra. You need to know the backstory of the charatcers, their powers, etc, to understand Moon and Terra. Now.... if they fuck those up... I'm going to be PISSED.

Bullshit. 48 eps (like with Little Busters), better studio (like White Fox) and something like a budget - that's it. But now it's too late and (thanks to 8bit/Aniplex) Rewrite's reputation is in a garbage bin. And it's there to stay.
N7n4shiOct 15, 2016 7:01 AM
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2016

223 by White_Alice »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.