Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Sep 25, 2016 8:06 AM
Jan 2016
I am a anime-only for this, I really enjoyed this episode. Mostly because even though everyone died, it shows at the end in other timelines that they have progressed further. If they had not done that even after smoothing out the fact that everyone is dying by everyone accepting their fate and having little conversations then i probably would have not liked this episode. Also who is pero?
Sep 25, 2016 8:33 AM

Apr 2015
I request another dream
I need a forest fire

Regardless...pretty shit series on its own and this is by no means harsh
Feels like I'm just throwing buzzwords...but this was, despite the potentially great sequences and nuances that called on nostalgia somewhat, scarcely enjoyable because of the rather cluttered plot and bad comedy, was highly bloated(overambitious), was badly VA-ed, and was low quality. Ending obviously recalls AB, and on the same time felt even more pointless as all of the episodes till now translated into zero influence on it, and was excrutiatingly bad. 3/10

I sense that Terra would be much better, but I don't go back for second helpings to a shop that has sold defects beforehand
Sep 25, 2016 8:51 AM

Dec 2012
Blank123HD said:
Also who is pero?
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Sep 25, 2016 9:05 AM

Jun 2011
pennsatucky said:
season 2 doesn't have to be adapted by 8-bit, does it?....

You seriously think or expect that?

Sep 25, 2016 9:17 AM

Jan 2015
Oiacz said:
pennsatucky said:
season 2 doesn't have to be adapted by 8-bit, does it?....

You seriously think or expect that?

no I know there are no such miracles but releasing one more season with the same terrible art would be just plain rude
Sep 25, 2016 10:33 AM
Apr 2016
Honestly I think that the anime is getting a bit of a too harsh criticism. Given it WAS a clusterfuck only because the VN for the 1st season would've been hard to adapt and they made some wrong calls. I personally give it a 7-8/10 for enjoyment. I actually enjoyed the series and some people are going wayyyyy too hard on it. Hopefully Moon/Terra Arcs will be way better than the 1st season. Looking forward to Season 2. Should be much better than Season 1.
Sep 25, 2016 10:52 AM

Jul 2016
No-Look_Kuroko said:
That. Was. Shit.

Easily the worst Key anime. Had to be an eco-story too. I love environmentally themed stories. I'm very active in sustainability and environmental justice movements, but... god that was awful.

Season two? Really? Now we gotta go through all that again to watch him save the world? Anime is getting too liberal with the "return by death/time travel/eco-magic" trope.

Only it's not really "return by death/time travel/eco-magic".
Sep 25, 2016 10:55 AM

Feb 2015
So that's it. The world ended. Ta-da! But seriously, talk about a dissatisfying ending to a rushed show. I'm sure this called for Kagari to rewrite the world again, though honestly I doubt I'd bother if this anime got a second season. 5.5/10
Sep 25, 2016 11:08 AM

Jul 2016
GokuNazz said:
Tbh, I don't understand the anime at all.

Anyone willing to do a TL;Dr summary and what to expect in 2nd season, please? I don't mind with spoilers. Be sure to put spoiler tag though

What Komomo said is spot on. However, since you asked what to expect in the next season, I have to add one more thing:

Sep 25, 2016 11:26 AM

Jul 2016
Psicody said:
seeker_moc said:

Who cares Kotori one has already known too much about anime stop.
Tell us more example of Lucia and his past?
And Esaka is good because it receuilli Kotarou Kotarou and was left with Guardian also Touka and the other I do not know his first name because Kotarou fled these parents "Marvel Gaia" is his?
esque it is true that in the past we receuilli Esaka Touka and all the girls? Lucia Shizuru Akane Chihaya ect?

I don't mean any offense, but your English is REALLY bad, and I'm not quite sure what you're asking. I'm going to try to answer, but if I've misunderstood what you're asking, please let me know.

For Lucia

For the second part of your question
Sep 25, 2016 12:04 PM
Mar 2016
Snappynator said:
Ang004_Kaga said:
2nd season ? why they make this so rushed ? they can make it with better pace if they've plan two cour #confused
Likely didn't have the budget to make it a 2 cour while having enough for the true routes and the 2nd season is adaptations of the "true routes" - which is the real ending of the story.

Anyway Ima give this adaptation a 5/10, because despite one of the worst things I have seen in the past years with lots of cringe and badly placed moments, jokes and whatnot, it was still kinda enjoyable. Here is to hoping they dont imess up the true routes...

i don't have expectation to watch this, so it's still watchable for me ... (although i only give 6/10)
Well, i hope that route you said could be good adaptation (i don't read VN)
Sep 25, 2016 12:19 PM

May 2010
Well, that was pretty stupid. And why does the begining of this episode spoil the ending? At first I was like, what the heck, did I miss some episode or what :v If I didn't know visual novel I wouldn't have the slightlest idea what is going on.

Also, things like Kotori and "Pero", yeah, 'cause that was necessary for her character arc, except they didn't even show one scene for that to make any sense xD

Even not counting that, Kagari-chan's 'route' was just dumb, even if it was made for the game. Grabbing Kagari's boob stops her from going completely crazy... Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea. Seriously, this pathetic, shameful writing doesn't deserve being called Rewrite, it wouldn't even, if this series had KyoAni level of animation.
Sep 25, 2016 12:52 PM

Jul 2015
IZEROII said:
Pochi_ said:
I will watch the second season anyways, because it's unlikely to adapt badly.

Hahahaha. Based on what do make this assumption?!

Well... The 2nd season will be 11 episodes long, probably 8 episodes for Terra, more than enough.
Sep 25, 2016 1:11 PM

Jun 2010
Expected a somewhat happy end.

It was neither happy nor the end.

I assume what comes next is that Extreme Boredom that I gave up on when playing the VN. I swear, how do they make literally nothing but a text on the screen - which only occasionally is dialogue - into an anime? I might check an episode or two of the second season out of sheer curiosity, but I'm not expecting much.

I think at this point visual novel adaptations have been proven enough times to be guaranteed failures before they're even made. Unless they're intended from the start to be only partial adaptation and focus on a single route. Then they become the best anime of all time. And get an After Story.
Sep 25, 2016 1:12 PM

Feb 2014
A pretty bitter ending to take, when the old hag's plan sadly succeeded, although having her shot dead before the end wasn't surprising.

Despite not playing the VN, it still felt rushed and at times, 8bit's budget for the art and animation must've been skint. It looks pretty poor compared to last year's Charlotte by P.A. Works, in both 2D and 3D.

Despite that, the main characters themselves were likeable, funny and seeing them all hurt, exhausted and tired in the last episode made me feel sad.

I didn't expect a second season to be made, but I'm not sure if it's a continuation (somehow) or a different timeline, but I will be watching it to be if 8bit can do a better job.

Overall, I feel this show should deserve a 6 or 7 if I'm feeling generous.
Sep 25, 2016 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
No-Look_Kuroko said:
That. Was. Shit.

Easily the worst Key anime. Had to be an eco-story too. I love environmentally themed stories. I'm very active in sustainability and environmental justice movements, but... god that was awful.

Season two? Really? Now we gotta go through all that again to watch him save the world? Anime is getting too liberal with the "return by death/time travel/eco-magic" trope.

To be fair, the original source material was written in 2011.
And in the VN, (semi-spoiler)
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Sep 25, 2016 1:55 PM

Jan 2014
The 2nd half left me questioning wtf happend. The first half was rlly nice and had took the time to build up the story/plot. After that they rushed the story to make it fit into 13 episodes.

This is just a waste of a potential great anime. For example the ending of ep 12 the grandma of the Akane(i think,aka witch, dont remember cause she feels left out these last episodes) was alive. Starting episode 13, how did she die??

Except kotori and kagari all heroines/main character(girls) are almost completely left out in this episode. Dissapointing end 4/10 these last few episodes. Overall 6/10 because of the good first half

EDIT: I understand fron the ending it will be possible that there maybe a season 2 with a different timeline. I rlly hope if that's the case they will do a better job of making the story phasing go smooth and dont leave out to many things like fight leader guardian vs Shizuru
Megalobst_UmuSep 25, 2016 1:59 PM
Sep 25, 2016 2:03 PM

May 2015
I was confused throughout this entire episode. Oh well, at least this is over. Definitely not my favorite show this season, but it wasn't the worst. Maybe I'll play the VN at some point.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Sep 25, 2016 3:37 PM

Apr 2013
Fuck I'll just go play the VN now.
Sep 25, 2016 4:05 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I had a feeling it was gonna come to this type of ending, they were aiming for Moon and Terra from the beggining, dropping such spoilers on episode 1, so they had to mergue everything together, but with a new Kagiri... Chihaya, Akane and Shizuru endings in one big juicy budgeted episode...
And this my dear users, was the budget every episode deserved.

Never seen an episode with such a fast pace, the things they just skipped here, are at another level entirely, they dont even bother if they go back to the original source material in the process, and insert some of those scenes into the original content.
We were even given major spoilers that people wont get, until we reach Terra.

I would be going crazy, bashing this anime, if I didnt had read the VN, because it was just such a clusterfuck of a mess.
To such a degree, that I even feel it is pointless to just say a thing...

I still give it a 7, mainly because of my enjoyment and the whole fanservice it provided from reading the routes.
Seeing Lucia animated, even if poorly, while butchering so much from her route (and not even using her full potential, only achieved with her romance story), and this new Kagari, were the highest points here.

Anyone that managed toget this far, enjoy or feel interested by this characters, do yourself a favor and read this great VN, .
From the beggining I said White Fox, back in 2014, I said White Fox has to do this... the warnings where there, it was the obvious end result, but we still had hopes, this adaptation is the reflection of the poor state of the whole anime industry in general.
Sep 25, 2016 4:24 PM

Aug 2013
Final quite rushed, actually felt that much information was thrown at the beginning of the episode and the plot could be better worked, the characters were the highlight of adaptation in my opinion, I expected a bit more of the plot, but I hope the second season present an great development and enjoy the whole potential of the plot ..
Sep 25, 2016 6:57 PM
Jun 2013
2nd worst ending to an anime iv'e ever seen. school days is the 1st.
Sep 25, 2016 7:49 PM

Jan 2015
CrasianLe said:
This is not a true ending, just because it's being made as split-cour.
Arikado-Sep 25, 2016 9:06 PM
Sep 25, 2016 8:06 PM
Dec 2015
This anime started a regular thing, but I think after a few chapters became a little better, not anything special but has a pretty original story that goes beyond what appears to be. I definitely see his 2nd season, although I think it would have been better if it had been animated by KyoAni.
Sep 25, 2016 8:45 PM

May 2016
seeker_moc said:
GokuNazz said:
Tbh, I don't understand the anime at all.

Anyone willing to do a TL;Dr summary and what to expect in 2nd season, please? I don't mind with spoilers. Be sure to put spoiler tag though

What Komomo said is spot on. However, since you asked what to expect in the next season, I have to add one more thing:

Whaaat!?!?!

Oh btw, Terra route is the Moon route?
GokuNazzSep 25, 2016 8:50 PM
Sep 25, 2016 9:39 PM

Oct 2011
Omg all if these events led to the bad end??. So next season is the true ending then? omg
Sep 25, 2016 9:48 PM

Jul 2016
GokuNazz said:
seeker_moc said:

Whaaat!?!?!

Not really. Moon and Terra are more action-oriented than anything else. It's mostly about Kotaru fighting to protect Kagari and the world. Kagari is the "heroine" of the routes, but the romance aspect is low-key compared to the other routes, and she doesn't talk nearly as much as she did in the new anime route.

No, Moon and Terra are separate routes. Moon is what you see at the end of the anime.

Terra is the "true" route
Sep 25, 2016 9:54 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I think this is the first time in quite a while where I see the show end with a bad ending. In short, it was a depressing mind boggling ending to the show. Sure it had it short bits of comedy, but overall the episode was full on with the sad scenes.
Shizuru and Lucia saying their goodbyes, Kotori and Chibimoth, and then we see a bit of Shimako. Feel sorry for her because she probably saw the whole thing, Akane possibly killing those two on the roof as she went crazy.

Kagari and Kotarou, sad farewell indeed. The OST's this episode were spot on, especially during the fight scenes.
Overall I give S1 a 7/10. Anxious for more Kagari

Sep 25, 2016 9:58 PM

Dec 2011
Wow what a mess in the last episode, and when they explained how kotori saved Kotarou years ago, they don't even mentioned that at that moment Kotarou become

Also PLEASEEEE 8BIT or the direcor for the NEXT SEASON, STOP and I mean STOP with the comedy when you are in the SERIOUS SCENE FFS. Wtf? touching her boobs on the climax scene accidentally? Wow what a fcking great idea. In the visual novel the only part where the is a comedy is the common route, ALL the heroine route is VERY serious with no shitty comedy. If they decided to adapting Moon and Terra route with their idea of comedy right now, I can only expect another shitty adaptation disaster
amc9988Sep 25, 2016 10:21 PM
Sep 25, 2016 10:26 PM

Jun 2014
amc9988 said:
Wow what a mess in the last episode, and when they explained how kotori saved Kotarou years ago, they don't even mentioned that at that moment Kotarou become

Also PLEASEEEE 8BIT or the direcor for the NEXT SEASON, STOP and I mean STOP with the comedy when you are in the SERIOUS SCENE FFS. Wtf? touching her boobs on the climax scene accidentally? Wow what a fcking great idea. In the visual novel the only part where the is a comedy is the common route, ALL the heroine route is VERY serious with no shitty comedy. If they decided to adapting Moon and Terra route with their idea of comedy right now, I can only expect another shitty adaptation disaster

Lol its not the first time that this happen. I still remember the panty shot in amane's route in grisaia no kajitsu during a serious scene. Typical tensho.... fuck tensho
Sep 25, 2016 11:38 PM

May 2016
seeker_moc said:
GokuNazz said:

Whaaat!?!?!

Not really. Moon and Terra are more action-oriented than anything else. It's mostly about Kotaru fighting to protect Kagari and the world. Kagari is the "heroine" of the routes, but the romance aspect is low-key compared to the other routes, and she doesn't talk nearly as much as she did in the new anime route.

No, Moon and Terra are separate routes. Moon is what you see at the end of the anime.

Ohhh. Then the terra route is the one we'll see in season 2

But im still confused about the timeline. Terra takes place before Moon? But how come the last episode is a prologue to Terra route :/
Sep 25, 2016 11:57 PM
Sep 2016
Insert Song Episode 13 this a Yami no Kanata e By Runa Mizutani
Sep 26, 2016 12:24 AM
Dec 2012
Thai777 said:
amc9988 said:

Lol its not the first time that this happen. I still remember the panty shot in amane's route in grisaia no kajitsu during a serious scene. Typical tensho.... fuck tensho

Ahh, yes. Who can forget that masterpiece of a scene. What do you do when you're getting chased by cannibals, and your only ally is sacrificing herself to save you? Why, show a shot of her panties, of course! #Tensho logic
Sep 26, 2016 12:43 AM

Apr 2011
GokuNazz said:

But im still confused about the timeline. Terra takes place before Moon? But how come the last episode is a prologue to Terra route :/

Chronologically,

tl;dr

KomomoSep 26, 2016 12:57 AM
Sep 26, 2016 1:36 AM

Jun 2013
I've never been more confused in my life for an anime.

It's funny I saw this at anime expo, and how much it's changed since that first episode
Sep 26, 2016 1:45 AM

Aug 2013
GokuNazz said:
seeker_moc said:

Moon takes place before Terra

Sep 26, 2016 5:12 AM

Aug 2014
IZEROII said:
Pochi_ said:
I will watch the second season anyways, because it's unlikely to adapt badly.

The assumption that Moon and Terra are linear stories? The assumption that they don't have to go original with those? The fact that it's pretty do able with 11 ep? Lots of reasons to atleast be opmistic about that part of the adaptation.
Sep 26, 2016 5:15 AM

Apr 2015
Snappynator said:
IZEROII said:

The assumption that Moon and Terra are linear stories? The assumption that they don't have to go original with those? The fact that it's pretty do able with 11 ep? Lots of reasons to atleast be opmistic about that part of the adaptation.

Especially that cancerous art.
Sep 26, 2016 5:36 AM

Jun 2013
This guy makes some pretty good reviews. I definitely recommend it ^_^

Sep 26, 2016 5:44 AM

Aug 2014
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Snappynator said:

Art is art, it being shitty doesn't affect the story or how it all plays out.
Sep 26, 2016 6:05 AM

Apr 2015
Snappynator said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Art is art, it being shitty doesn't affect the story or how it all plays out.

We have VN for the story. Art is a very important thing. Do you really want to see things like this in Moon/Terra?

Sep 26, 2016 7:10 AM

Sep 2011
CrasianLe said:

At least School Days is portrayed better than this and it has clearer goal.

Sep 26, 2016 7:20 AM

Sep 2011
Mirality said:
As an anime-only, I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. The characters are interesting somehow, but I still have no clue what the hell is supposed to be going on, storywise.

The saving grace is that after-credits scene that hints that this was a "bad end" playthrough and there'll presumably be a better one coming up next season.

So I'll probably keep watching, and might even check out the VN, but at the moment this seems like a meh/10.

The anime-original story is totally a mess. Even the poor written heroine routes such as Shizuru's(Base on majority) are written better than this. It's okay if you can't understand, I don't think they're making the story very understandable either. It's better for you to read the visual novel instead.

Sep 26, 2016 7:51 AM

Jul 2016
GokuNazz said:
seeker_moc said:

Season 2 11 episodes ares supposed to cover both Moon and Terra (I'd guess 2-3 episodes for Moon followed by 8-9 episodes for Terra). The end of the last episode is a lead-in to Moon. Moon is the prologue to Terra.

Sep 26, 2016 8:34 AM
Jun 2014
Go away, Gotrys. You're like the autistic shitposter on 4chan that makes the same thread criticizing the same thing every day, except it's really fucking embarrassing watching you because you aren't anonymous.
Sep 26, 2016 9:02 AM

Apr 2015
Fencel said:
Go away, Gotrys. You're like the autistic shitposter on 4chan that makes the same thread criticizing the same thing every day, except it's really fucking embarrassing watching you because you aren't anonymous.

Well.... I am, actually.
And there IS an ignore option, you know?
N7n4shiSep 26, 2016 9:06 AM
Sep 26, 2016 9:37 AM

Oct 2010
Although this adaption was kind of lousy, that was a pretty good ending episode.
I liked the first two episodes and the ending episode, just not so much everything else in between....

Hopefully the next season will be done better.
Sep 26, 2016 10:36 AM

May 2011
I'll ONLY watch Season 2 if they adapt the oppai route.
A Humble Pawn of the Hakuou Gakuin Seitokaichou, Hinagiku Katsura!
Sep 26, 2016 10:38 AM

Mar 2013
Bad end huh...
The song at the end was awesome.

Question to VN readers -
Sep 26, 2016 1:49 PM

Aug 2013
FinalFlash18 said:
Bad end huh...
The song at the end was awesome.

Question to VN readers -

Some major spoilers

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2016

223 by White_Alice »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.