Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2016 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was fun. The finale had Aqours getting ready for their final performance. I really like how confident they had become over the course of the season.

Looks like they got more fans now too. Chika affirms her role as the leader but I think all the members got a decent amount of spotlight. I'm proud of how far these girls have come :3
Sep 24, 2016 7:03 AM

May 2014
Was there a 2nd season confirmation?
ToQYuLovelySep 24, 2016 7:11 AM
Sep 24, 2016 7:03 AM
Mar 2016
Lol at Mikan-sama having a loli as her mom. Mirai Ticket is the best insert song of the show.

LLSS>LLSIF no contest
Sep 24, 2016 7:04 AM

Jun 2015
.....shet...what now...i enjoyed this so much..
wait for season 2?...
Sep 24, 2016 7:07 AM

Sep 2011
ToQYuLovely said:
Was there a 2nd season comfirmation?

Nope there wasn't.
Sep 24, 2016 7:12 AM

Nov 2007
Though I don't think it was the strongest episode of the season (the whole recap of the plot wasn't necessary) it was still a pretty decent final episode with a very very good performance at the end.

No cliffhangers but very expected 2nd season to come (probably to be announced during 1st live). The final shot of the episode was great. Well played by Sunrise.

Also 3rd single and 2nd center position contest announced at the end and looking at recent trends I expect Hanamaru to win it. Looking forward to the single.

Sunshine was just overall a step above the first season of the first Love Live. This new director really knew how to handle drama better. I look forward to the future of Aqours as they continue to grow and shine.
Sep 24, 2016 7:14 AM

Apr 2015
aaaahh, there goes one of my life purpose
nice eps though, by the way it ends, it should had 2nd season
Sep 24, 2016 8:08 AM

Mar 2016
I want a season two but they ended this perfectly

glad they went from zero to one
Sep 24, 2016 8:10 AM

Nov 2008
Mirai Ticket was good but it would've been better if there was an obvious season 2 announcement. Chika has a loli mom lol, who would've expected that. As for this installment, it's a lot in some points (performances, CG, and how the drama is handled), but Muse was better when it comes to characters. A solid 9/10.

Sep 24, 2016 8:20 AM

Dec 2014
Great finale, Loved it.

The Windows 10 detail on the monitor. :O

The scene with everyone standing on the edge of the pool in the sunset was beautiful.
Everyone in the school wants to be idols. :3

Chika's mom is a loli. XD
Riko taking pride in her beauty. XDD

The recap skit before the performance was pretty fun to watch, It was nice how they portrayed the 'Zero to One' theme.
Loved the group hurdle and the performance of Mirai Ticket, It was beautiful. The visuals, The song, The cheering, Everything just worked out so well and was kinda heartwarming and inspiring at the same time.

Lovely monologue at the end about Aqours came to be, Group Photo. <3

Overall, Initially I had my doubts if Sunshine would be able to recreate the same charm and uplifting zeal the original had on me. Now, I can say definitively or atleast for me Sunshine was just as charming as the original and I loved it. Every episode was filled with overwhelming cuteness and charm, Some of the scenes were really enchanting, heartwarming and even felt magical at points. All the nine members of Aqours were really lovable and the nine-man dynamic they bring to the table is just pure fun to watch. Soundtrack was fantastic, Performances and songs were excellent as well. I loved all the µ's references, In fact the influence of µ's in this story is something I loved seeing cause it fits so well with their tagline.
The show was also morally uplifting, motivating and inspiring with the whole ‘Zero to One’ theme and also about chasing after the things you really want to do with all your heart. I’m a huge sucker for this kind of stuff which is why I loved the original so much and I’m glad can say the same about Sunshine too. :D
Story wise, Yes, µ's did it better and was the bigger heartfelt underdog story and yes Sunshine wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for the success of µ's but I wouldn’t rule Sunshine out yet, It’s more than just a carbon copy so many people were calling it, especially with the last few episodes. The show is starting to diverge and take on a path and identity of its own. I have high hopes for the 2nd season.

10/10, You better confirm that 2nd season give me my µ's cameo next time Sunrise.
Lelouch0202Sep 24, 2016 8:30 AM
Sep 24, 2016 8:24 AM
Nov 2015
The zero to one was sweet, Mirai Insert was definitely my favorite insert song in Love Live Sunshine. hopefully we get a second season confirmation soon, I need more Saint Snow and possibly a µ's cameo?
Sep 24, 2016 8:25 AM

Dec 2014
Not that bad, but I preferred LL first season last episode.

Start:Dash sung by all u's member was like a recap of the whole anime, because it made us remember how it evolved from 3rd episode to the last episode, it was not just like "we talk about everything that just happened just in case you forgot everything"

The 0 which transforms into a 1 at the end is touching, but the "No Name" which goes to "New Entry" in u's LL Ranking is a lot more emotional IMO.

I personally think that a last episode of a season which introduces a second season must be a conclusion of something (we didn't watch this season for nothing) and also the beginning of something better (so we know that people thought about making a second season before finishing the first one, and so it's doesn't seem like an improvisation).

And so, I would have preferred the story of the twelfth episode as a last episode, something like "we talked about u's during the whole anime, but it doesn't work, so now we stop trying to be a copy of u's and we make Aqours shinier than ever" and here comes season 2.

Most of you adored this season and this end, and I really want to think like you, but except episodes between 6 and 12 which completely great and clearly better than some LL first season episodes, this show disappointed me.

It's not bad, just not as good as I wanted for a spin-off, ad so do you think that watching LL Sunshine before LL first season can be a good idea ? (if we recommend to a person which doesn't know anything about the show)

u's appear like goddesses so I think it would be funny, even if it spoils many things (but remember that first opening is probably the greatest spoil of the show !)
Sep 24, 2016 8:33 AM

Apr 2014
Sat there so long hoping for Step! Zero to one but honestly didn't expect it to be the ED, MIRAI TICKET was a great ED though it fit in really well.

It was a weaker ep compared to the last 7 amazing episodes we had. Recap went a bit too long and the whole school performing? Yeah right.

Still great overall and I will be eagerly awaiting season 2.
Sep 24, 2016 8:33 AM

Sep 2013
That scene with Yoshiko crying fucked me up I got really sentimental for her. She also has a hot mom...
Final Song was great and very powerful, great episode, I really want a second season and see Aquors kick ass at love live science this was just the quarter finals.
Sep 24, 2016 8:35 AM

Sep 2014
This season was really great. I personally enjoyed the Sunshine anime more than the original, I felt that it was better written and just had a higher production value overall. While it wasn't quite same as having the original idols (μ's) and songs, the characters and songs in Sunshine were just as entertaining for me. The main plots of each series were very similar (becoming idols to save the school), but for this kind of anime I don't think that the repetition is an issue and did not make it any less enjoyable.

Will be looking forward to the next installment of Love Live!
Mirai, zura~!
Sep 24, 2016 8:38 AM

Apr 2014
I enjoyed Love Live Sunshine just as much as I enjoyed the original

The final performance was really cool

Sep 24, 2016 8:39 AM

Jan 2015
Are they really idols or maybe theatre actors?
Sep 24, 2016 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
Lame episode.
Yohane-sama almost saved it but the recap ruined everything.
Sep 24, 2016 9:00 AM

Apr 2015
i feel like i have lost something when the last episode air..
Man, i was really a great season..
especially the drama..
when i'm looking back at each of the episode.. it makes me like "Wow"..
there's feel in each of the episode..
a struggle for them to overcome..

Let's hope that there will be Season 2..
though i'm bit disappointed that Muse didn't make a appearance..
Overall, i still love it!!!
Sep 24, 2016 9:22 AM

Dec 2015
The stage act gave me a mixed vibe and maybe took too much of the episode's time in my opinion, but their performance was just great and I'm glad that they finally got an applicant for their school.
Another great light hearted serie has ended this season. Had some good laughs everytime I watch this. I won't call it the best show of this season, but good enough that I would want a second season for it.
Sep 24, 2016 9:34 AM

Jan 2015
This was a touching episode!

Better than the first season of the original LL

Don't see why people should hate on the plot recap, it was really good imo
Sep 24, 2016 9:41 AM

Oct 2009
I can't believe I'm saying this but... this was way more enjoyable than the original anime, and I enjoyed the original a whole lot. I feel like Aqours' personalities are more lovely and the whole thing is written way better. Higher production value helps a lot. Season two can't possibly not happen seeing how popular Love Live is.
Sep 24, 2016 9:46 AM

Mar 2014
This series is the perfect example of why self-worthiness wanking never is a good idea

Self-worthiness wanking can be compared to goodness wanking, something which a lot of regressive leftists here in Sweden love to do: it might feel great at first to advocate cultural relativism and silence anybody who doesn't think abolishing national borders is a good idea by accusing them of being a Racist-nazi-sexist, but eventually, if you don't watch out, you're going to end up with 50+ no go zones, honor oppression in the suburbs, sex segregated bath houses and criminals throwing rocks at police and medic personnel

Likewise, the creators of Love Live are a bunch of self-worthiness wankers who're still high on endorphins because of the first series' success and thus at first, when their boss or whatever told them to come up with a brand new LL! anime, they thought "Wow copy + pasting the story line and the characters and throwing in a bunch of muse references is an amazin idea cuz we dat good" was a great idea. However, it seems like they realized their mistake around episode 7-8 since that's more or less when they tried deviating a little from the original story line, but sadly, it was too late

Hanamaru was the only character worth remembering, everybody else was either annoying or/and used goods (especially Mari)

The songs were also shit except for Saint Snow's which was gr8 m8 I r8 8

Not that this is going to stop the series from selling platina, but then again, the same can be said about any Adam Sandler movie that isn't Punch Drunk Love

4/10

Comic out

Mod Edit: Removed unnecessary words.
Comic_SansSep 24, 2016 10:40 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 24, 2016 9:51 AM
Dec 2013
Yes, my heart is shining...

Love Live is about much more than just the anime..
Sep 24, 2016 10:04 AM

Oct 2012
It was nice episode in terms of execution and I like how they started talking instead of singing at first (even though it almost felt only as summary of this season and they certainly cheated the audience into their favor with retelling their "harsh" history which could feel as unfair advantage compared to other groups who only had to rely on singing... and I'm not even sure if they would have been given so much time for their presentation either as this could have been against the rules). I also didn't like how they changed their clothes on the stage pretty instantly and can't really say I actually liked the ending song much. But... it wasn't too bad episode afterall. One such episode doesn't make whole series though.

But... (and what's actually worse than everything else) this series lacked its identity really hard, and even after its 13 episodes it didn't get me to actually like and root for those characters. And for me this is actually more important than great visuals and some not-too-bad songs.

And the actual plot of this series wasn't good either.. and I guess I don't need to write all the flaws people were talking about in previous threads (I may go as far as to say that the game can actually surpass it with its side-stories.. well, it won't be too difficult anyway.. but that's nothing to do with this anime now).

In the end, it was just sequel for a sequel and Sunrise tried to shamfully milk one of their sucessful series for instacash even though they had long history of experiences knowing that such thing doesn't pay off in the long run as they are destroying further potential of the series.

Therefore I have to give this an average score. Even though there were some really nice episodes on the road (actually, just ep8 and ep9) most of the rest was just attempts to walk in the same steps µ's paved before and not very good ones either.

5/10 Pretty forgettable series that was nice while lasted but which had nothing close to the feels and immediacy of the original series.
It's precisely as in their Love Live competition - Aquors are just one group in thousands, one drop in the sea. But the µ's is only one.
Sep 24, 2016 10:06 AM

Apr 2013
Oh Sunrise you tease, you kept teasing me with your "zero to one, zero to one", and I had been hyping myself for Step! Zero to One for ages.

When I saw "MIRAI TICKET" being named the insert song of the performance, I had to pause the show, recollect my scattered thoughts and slow down my hypoxic breath.

WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY

Mirai Ticket is still a wonderful song to end the show, nevertheless, the theater recap part is a pretty unique and original take for the franchise.

Season 2 when?

Sep 24, 2016 10:21 AM
May 2016
Nat2021 said:
Not that bad, but I preferred LL first season last episode.

Start:Dash sung by all u's member was like a recap of the whole anime, because it made us remember how it evolved from 3rd episode to the last episode, it was not just like "we talk about everything that just happened just in case you forgot everything"

The 0 which transforms into a 1 at the end is touching, but the "No Name" which goes to "New Entry" in u's LL Ranking is a lot more emotional IMO.

I personally think that a last episode of a season which introduces a second season must be a conclusion of something (we didn't watch this season for nothing) and also the beginning of something better (so we know that people thought about making a second season before finishing the first one, and so it's doesn't seem like an improvisation).

And so, I would have preferred the story of the twelfth episode as a last episode, something like "we talked about u's during the whole anime, but it doesn't work, so now we stop trying to be a copy of u's and we make Aqours shinier than ever" and here comes season 2.

Most of you adored this season and this end, and I really want to think like you, but except episodes between 6 and 12 which completely great and clearly better than some LL first season episodes, this show disappointed me.

It's not bad, just not as good as I wanted for a spin-off, ad so do you think that watching LL Sunshine before LL first season can be a good idea ? (if we recommend to a person which doesn't know anything about the show)

u's appear like goddesses so I think it would be funny, even if it spoils many things (but remember that first opening is probably the greatest spoil of the show !)
The Reason you couldnt like this Anime is because you are cant move on from the LL Original thats why you would say those things and Compare it by being Biased of the Original
Sep 24, 2016 10:26 AM

Sep 2009
I really don't mind seeing S2, but I hope Sunrise-8 will work on something else first. They a re now stuck with LL.
Sep 24, 2016 10:29 AM
May 2016
Mich666 said:
It was nice episode in terms of execution and I like how they started talking instead of singing at first (even though it almost felt only as summary of this season and they certainly cheated the audience into their favor with retelling their "harsh" history which could feel as unfair advantage compared to other groups who only had to rely on singing... and I'm not even sure if they would have been given so much time for their presentation either as this could have been against the rules). I also didn't like how they changed their clothes on the stage pretty instantly and can't really say I actually liked the ending song much. But... it wasn't too bad episode afterall. One such episode doesn't make whole series though.

But... (and what's actually worse than everything else) this series lacked its identity really hard, and even after its 13 episodes it didn't get me to actually like and root for those characters. And for me this is actually more important than great visuals and some not-too-bad songs.

And the actual plot of this series wasn't good either.. and I guess I don't need to write all the flaws people were talking about in previous threads (I may go as far as to say that the game can actually surpass it with its side-stories.. well, it won't be too difficult anyway.. but that's nothing to do with this anime now).

In the end, it was just sequel for a sequel and Sunrise tried to shamfully milk one of their sucessful series for instacash even though they had long history of experiences knowing that such thing doesn't pay off in the long run as they are destroying further potential of the series.

Therefore I have to give this an average score. Even though there were some really nice episodes on the road (actually, just ep8 and ep9) most of the rest was just attempts to walk in the same steps µ's paved before and not very good ones either.

5/10 Pretty forgettable series that was nice while lasted but which had nothing close to the feels and immediacy of the original series.
It's precisely as in their Love Live competition - Aquors are just one group in thousands, one drop in the sea. But the µ's is only one.
you are the one who is Forgettable you and you Original Muse who where at this time that the Original begun to suck and force their Drama to the audience , that is Forgettable And btw M's is fucking Overrated
Sep 24, 2016 10:33 AM

Dec 2014
While it did admittedly have an identity crisis, Sunshine provided a lot to love, from its character cast to its visuals.

If a 2nd season were possible, I would really like to see it.

8/10
TyrelSep 24, 2016 1:14 PM
Sep 24, 2016 10:34 AM

Aug 2008
That moment when you realize that Shiitake is the only make character in that whole GODDAMN DOME.

10/10
Sep 24, 2016 10:36 AM

Dec 2011
They kept teasing "Step! ZERO to ONE" just like what they did with the µ's cameo. So, it ends again and another year of waiting for S2.
"There is no sorrow if you are prepared"
Sep 24, 2016 10:36 AM
May 2016
Some Commenters here can't Accept that Love Live Sunshine is just as Good or Even Better than the Original. That is why they begun to Rate this a 1 but they forget that the Original LL when Honoka was Injured that the Original begun to go Downhill but they wont say it cuz they are all Biased towards the Original and wont Accept this Anime and by how good it is. I rate this Anime 10/10 by how it Inspires me to move forward despite facing a Harder and Harsher obstacle in life so that i can become a good person and Chika Really is a Great leader, her leadership is something to behold
Sep 24, 2016 10:39 AM
May 2016
Burger-Meister said:

Also @Hrist16 stop trying to start arguments with people who didn't like this show. All you're going to do is make an ass of yourself.
an Ass for Myself? Why ? I'm stating my opinion in this forum and i have the rights to say what i want to say cuz those LL Original Dickriders is annoying me
Sep 24, 2016 11:09 AM

May 2015
7/10. Original LL was better, but I don't think Sunshine deserves 4's and 5's.

Sep 24, 2016 11:14 AM

Mar 2008
Was that Kugimiya Rie playing Chika's mom? They really like shoehorning Rie into later/last episodes this season.

9/10. Girls were great, songs were good, character development was nice. Looking forward to season 2.
Sep 24, 2016 11:41 AM

Feb 2008
This is pretty good but yes I expect them to have 2nd season, maybe will we will see an announcement soon.
They aren't like U's but final performance were quite good.
I'm sure gotta miss them, let's just play mobile game to remind me of them. Haha :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 24, 2016 11:44 AM

Jan 2013
Loved LLSS, but this final episode was a bit disappointing tbh. All that unnecessary recap, and then they didn't even sing Step Zero to One. I hope we won't have to wait much for a Season 2.

I think the best instert song was still Mijuku Dreamer.
Sep 24, 2016 11:55 AM
Apr 2015
So the first season finally ended, i'd say it was a good ride.

Pros :
- Aqours singing for each girls blend pretty well. Imo its better than muse when first introduced ( the staff really selective for the cast lol )
- Love most of Aqours song, my best pick is Mijuku Dreamer, Jumping Heart, and Yume Kataru yori Yume Utaou
- Even thought the character role same as Muse, their personallity are pretty differ than muse, maybe .. except for Chika.
- No underrated characters; I think no one left behind this time, everyone got their own traits. My favorite are Kanan , You and lastly Riko.
- They did a pretty good job introducing each girls on their own arc.
- To me the best episode are on #9 and #11, those episode made me able to emotionally connected to the story.
- No more crappy 3D and it has improved animation
- Maybe there's more to pick ?

Cons :
- It has rough start to me, I can't enjoy the earlier episode because the plot heavily referenced from muse ( especially on episode 3 when ChikaYouRiko performing on school .. its .. similar .. to HonoKotoUmi ) It's really annoyed until the series hit episode 8.
- I think riko got too much screen time than other girl, i hope other girls like 1st and 3rd years got more development too.
- So many muse easter egg yet not a single muse girl cameo here, I know they trying to build own show here but muse also play big role here.
- Some plots are rushed and unnecessary, for example are cleaning pool and selling food on beach scene, it could be better if they put more time on it .. or why not just put it on Drama CD ?
- Aqours lack of their own identity because using same format as muse, i know taking too far from the format would damage LL franchise, but having exacly same format as muse is kinda .. lazy. Example is why not having 1st year as MC, or having new plot other than saving the school from closing down ?

Song : 9/10
Animation : 9/10
Character : 8/10
Plot : 6/10
Enjoyment : 7/10

I think that's all I can point, I'm hoping next season would even better. Aqours already has lovable character and nice song, but it need more fresh plot to build their own identity. I have been supporting muse up until now and I'll support Aqours too, because they deserve it :))

PS: Can't wait for new figures of Aqours too lol
monosideSep 24, 2016 11:59 AM
Sep 24, 2016 12:06 PM

Jun 2013
Now, the series ended, I need a season 2 announcement (hopefully on Aqours' first live) and please, please, please a µ's cameo for God damn sake >,<
Kitan~!
Sep 24, 2016 12:30 PM

Dec 2014
Hrist16 said:
The Reason you couldnt like this Anime is because you are cant move on from the LL Original thats why you would say those things and Compare it by being Biased of the Original

I watched every episode of Ll and Ll Sunshine Twice, and I only compare LLS with Ll first season.

It's impossible to be perfectly impartial, objectively if I watch both LLS and LL thirteenth episode, I see the exact same thing : they tries to show us how the anime evolved during these 13 episodes (recap/Start:Dash with 9 members instead of 3) and the fact that they began from nothing but they will reach the Love Live (0 to 1/New Entry for next LL).

LLS Sunshine does the exact same thing, but without any subtlety.

Actually, even if we forget the fact that LLS is almost a copy of LL, if you watch LLS first it won't pobably be as a good as LL first season I think.

During like 6 episodes, they only speak about u's and so it's very hard to find a true identity for this anime.
Sep 24, 2016 12:31 PM

Sep 2011
Comic_Sans said:
This series is the perfect example of why self-worthiness wanking never is a good idea

Self-worthiness wanking can be compared to goodness wanking, something which a lot of regressive leftists here in Sweden love to do: it might feel great at first to advocate cultural relativism and silence anybody who doesn't think abolishing national borders is a good idea by accusing them of being a Racist-nazi-sexist, but eventually, if you don't watch out, you're going to end up with 50+ no go zones, honor oppression in the suburbs, sex segregated bath houses and criminals throwing rocks at police and medic personnel

Likewise, the creators of Love Live are a bunch of self-worthiness wankers who're still high on endorphins because of the first series' success and thus at first, when their boss or whatever told them to come up with a brand new LL! anime, they thought "Wow copy + pasting the story line and the characters and throwing in a bunch of muse references is an amazin idea cuz we dat good" was a great idea. However, it seems like they realized their mistake around episode 7-8 since that's more or less when they tried deviating a little from the original story line, but sadly, it was too late

Hanamaru was the only character worth remembering, everybody else was either annoying or/and used goods (especially Mari)

The songs were also shit except for Saint Snow's which was gr8 m8 I r8 8

Not that this is going to stop the series from selling platina, but then again, the same can be said about any Adam Sandler movie as the protagonist that isn't Punch Drunk Love

4/10

Comic out
Just going to quote you because you say is what I thought. This new Love Live was so much worse than the previous ones. And wanking the franchise here was just... Lol. It'll prob sell well just because it's a Love Live franchise, but whatever. It still wasn't good. Oh yeah, the songs were bad.

Mod Edit: Edit quote.
julyanSep 24, 2016 9:45 PM
Sep 24, 2016 12:32 PM
Jun 2013
This episode was disappointing. Started off with no worries, so it lacked the drama to grab my attention. I had hope when the 3 side characters said that they were going to sing, but "gomenasai." I admit its execution up to this point wasn't bad. Ending was the worst though, with both theater and a recap, -2 . No opinion in the song yet; at that point I wasn't even paying attention to the show.

For the love of u's however I will hope for a second season.
Anime exists
all is well
Sep 24, 2016 12:48 PM

Jul 2010
I can't compare them with muse. This one was also good in many different ways and all I need is now SEASON 2!
Sep 24, 2016 1:03 PM

Apr 2013
Not the best of finales, but was alright nonetheless.

Contrary to majority, I found the stage act rather pleasing; summarizing the journey of Aqours from their very inception to where they are today.

8/10 overall; Hoping for Season 2 announcement soon.
"MIRAI ZURA!

MIRAI ZURA YO, RUBY-CHAN!"

-Hanamaru Kunikida
Sep 24, 2016 1:07 PM

Nov 2011
I'm just going to ignore the upcoming storm brewing above me and say that I genuinely loved this episode. The whole stage act was pretty charming. It essentially summarized the entire series.

Sunshine has a lot of problems with it. But for me it was a fun ride. And I hope we get a good season 2.
Sep 24, 2016 1:11 PM

Oct 2013
Nice ending. I'm fairly certain there will be a Season 2. They're not even performing in the finals yet and we don't know if they succeeded or not.

If there never is a season 2, then there should be an OVA where Yohane returns to explore the ruins of the derelict school.
Sep 24, 2016 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
It was such a touching episode. I hope there will be a Season 2!
Sep 24, 2016 1:35 PM
Jan 2016
I found this episode to be pretty charming and IMO, the real beginning of Aquors. Throughout most of the season they were literally stuck trying to be µ's and I think that handicapped them. Fortunately they all noticed they should make their own path and I think that this is what the episode tries to tackle.

Will be looking forward to a 2nd season to see Aquors grow and see how the girls develop their characters.

Did I enjoyed this season? I certainly did.

Did I enjoyed this most than LL! first season? I still enjoyed LL! first season a bit more.

Was it better than LL! first season? I think they are on par now for me. But Sunshine has potential to be better in the future.
BluetearsXSep 24, 2016 1:41 PM
Sep 24, 2016 1:47 PM
May 2014
I'm probably just crazy because my review that talks about this still hasn't even gone "from 0 to 1", but I really didn't like most of the series yet the final episodes somehow made everything click so well that it turned out to be a pretty worthwhile watch. I mean, my perspective shifted to the point that I had written a pretty long and critical review about it everything that makes Sunshine feel so unengaging and pointless, and then scrapped it because my view of everything in the series was completely turned on its head.

I'm not sure if this makes any sense, but what it comes down to is the two types of "turning 0 into 1" that were in Sunshine; the votes and the new students.

I didn't really feel anything about the first part of the series, where it was preoccupied with repeating the success of μ's by pretty much tracing their exact footsteps. With that kind of "turning 0 into 1", what's point in watching the same thing again? It even constantly brings up μ's to reinforce the idea that there's nothing new or interesting to be seen.

But after sorting out the crisis with getting 0 votes, eventually the "turning 0 into 1" became about giving a performance that can express the feelings for their hometown and school so sincerely that it convinces even one person to transfer to their school placed in the middle of nowhere. Sure, the exact delivery in the intro is rather heavy-handed and makes for shitty entertainment, but that's the point. The point is that it was pure and sincere expression that doesn't even care how embarrassing it is.

And those cheesy messages that usually would feel really forced actually had some impact because they caught me by surprise. It justified uninspired and boring parts by using them as contrast for when Aquors expresses something it really cares about and deviates from just trying to be popular and successful. At least to me, it managed to set itself apart from the original Love Live by making use of its similarity with Love Live, that's pretty cool if you ask me.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Top 5 Favorite Love Live Sunshine Girls

TomCena1114 - Mar 29, 2023

25 by Erikor »»
May 1, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2016

142 by nanuha »»
Apr 13, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

214 by Kayroad »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Favorite Aquors member ( 1 2 )

ya_hallo - Sep 10, 2016

70 by LemonXChio »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

101 by laaala »»
May 9, 2023 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.