Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 2, 2016 2:39 PM
Dec 2014
What. What. What. CAMELOT? .... (ಥ﹏ಥ) I shivered when that word was uttered. Where are my Merlin companions at?! I cannot be alone in this.
My hype for the third season has skyrocketed a notch alright!! I'm sooo stoked (∩_∩)
Oct 3, 2016 5:20 AM

Apr 2016
I had some laughs, but these 4 episodes weren't that good. I am all in for the second season tho... (o.o)
Oct 3, 2016 6:57 PM

Oct 2008
Vivian's head over heels for Gil-bo!
Merlin's badassness was awesome again!
OST on the end was awesome! especially the teaser!
This series definitely needs to have SEASON 2!!!
5/5!
9/10.

Oct 4, 2016 10:59 AM

Feb 2013
Fuck yeah!! Second season now please.
Oct 4, 2016 5:11 PM

Jun 2013
Gowther did a nice thing that's good and Vivian was the culprit of course
Oct 5, 2016 6:39 PM

Jun 2011
Really fun 4-eps series, albeit somewhat disappointing because I expected a second season, though glad it was announced by the end of this series. Hype for the new season, and even more so when I found out who the dude at the end was through the wikia page.

P.S. I heard this is mostly filler and it was not in the manga, is that true? It would be disappointing if that's the case, I wanted the Diane x King episode to be canon..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 5, 2016 11:27 PM

Mar 2015
Can't wait for the next season! If anything these four episodes just made the wait much more painful!

9/10!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 6, 2016 8:06 PM

May 2014
oK Ova ep. Funny to see Grother so clueless. LOL. Yup, you have to learn how to interact with people. The best part was when he was wearing the costume and those guys thought it were a girl. Overall a ok OVA. 6/10 from me.

Best news,,,, the announcement about season 2. yay! ^_^
Oct 7, 2016 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
Again the episode has resulted in a long and almost useless narrative not really relevant events with the main plot, although unlike in the past, in an almost playful, talking about serious enough facts. So I can only applaud the way in which they have exploited the character of Vivian to insert in the speech a very important topic. The rest is OK. However, I am disappointed in this series of OVA.

5.93/10
Oct 9, 2016 3:33 AM

May 2016
Vivian's still lovestruck over Gilthunder. Such a love will sadly never reach fruition. That cursed engagement ring looks like it really hurts. Much like a glorified restraining order kukuku_

Gowther loves some crossdressing and looks cute doing so~ Could use some more understanding in the feelings department + Guila though.

It's funny how Merlin got so much attention in the bar uniform unlike her much more risque normal attire :3

We got a peek from Escanor! Not what I expected, but, the completion of the Seven Deadly Sins is nigh.

Hendriksen unleashing the Demon Clan @_@ I'm excited for their fight against the Ten Commandments~

Oct 10, 2016 3:05 AM

Mar 2016
Season 2 confirmed HELL YEA I LOVE THIS UNIVERSE!
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 14, 2016 12:11 AM

Oct 2015
To me the series dropped hints on whats to come from the next. It was almost like a preview on whats to come.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 23, 2016 6:16 AM

Jul 2009
So, I guess another season will come soon...
Nov 5, 2016 4:03 PM

Sep 2015
Knew it was Vivian from the beginning lol. Gowther ;-; you made a kid gain insta hope and lose it again.
Nov 21, 2016 4:17 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Fourth and last, with another comical plot, except the las 2 mintues, that are the most important of the episode.

Comical, but without interesting series, .....5/10.
Nov 25, 2016 11:09 PM

Jul 2013
That part with the kid and his dead mother was just sad :(

Seven deadly sins = good guys
Ten Commandments = bad guys hahaha only in anime!
Nov 29, 2016 7:30 AM

Sep 2013
woooh.... i almost went blind in that last 5 seconds of this episode, i should've brought my sunglasses and sunscreen..... that last 5 seconds of this episode is all this 4 episode specials needs to propel it's rating.....
Jan 10, 2017 3:57 PM

Feb 2014
These episodes... *sigh*

Episode 03 was totally a disappointment.

6/10
Feb 19, 2017 8:42 AM

Dec 2016
If Season 3 is the Seven Deadly Sins vs The Ten Commandments, it's gonna be fucking crazy
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 22, 2017 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
Never realised this was going to lead to a teaser for another season, thought this was going to be it. Was a bit of fun I suppose hope the next seasons better though
Apr 18, 2017 2:22 PM

May 2015
Some of the villains/antagonist are lucky tho being forgiven so fast and practically without any consequences... well I guess most of the Knights in this universe are kind/fair just as the definition of Knight suggested. King Arthur & Camelot are in a serious pinch!

P.S.
Im confused tho did Hendrickson sacrificed himself...???
Apr 22, 2017 6:36 PM

Jan 2012
not bad merlin , season 2 when.

Apr 24, 2017 5:35 PM
Jan 2014
I don't really understand why the author assassinated Gilthunders' character.

When he was a villain, he was competent, confident, and had a commanding presence.

Ever since becoming a good guy, he's just a blundering wimp who can't complete a sentence without stuttering.

The writing as a whole in this series just seems very inconsistent. Nothing ever makes sense. The personalities, abilities, and power levels of the characters just change according to how the author is feeling and what would be most convenient for the plot.

In a 300 episode series, I can understand this kind of thing, but in a 2 cour series, I'd like at least some consistency.
May 21, 2017 8:22 AM

Dec 2015
I thought this couldn't get any more ridiculous, but after seeing Gowther and Hawk in those outfits, I take it back xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 20, 2017 6:17 PM

Sep 2012
First episode from this season that I genuinely liked, I guess I forgot how great Gowther was! Couldn't give half a crap about the stalker hunt plot, but him meeting the kid and trying the pub outfit was A++

I guess I'll probably watch whatever's next, in spite of myself.
Jul 22, 2017 3:23 AM

Dec 2012
Merlin.
Merlin as a waitress? YES!
smh at Gowther.
Oh, Gowther.
Dat waitress is fine.
LMAO at Meliodas spitting the drink on her.
Dat Spoon Counter.
LMAO at the quick ass no.
Meliodas completed the request. That means....
Merlin in that outfit. Merlin best waitress!

It was okay. Best parts were Meliodas being Meliodas, Erizabesu, Diane, and Merlin.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 4, 2017 9:13 AM

Mar 2016
damn gowther..kawaii as always!~(>_<~)
lol howzers dad hahaha
gowther x mini meliodas(pelio) moment i kept saying to the screen "dont do it gowther!"
don pley with people heart ples..well its gowther tb

Gil-"promise me vivian...that you will forget about me and live your won life from now own"

Vivian-

the ten commandments holy shiet next season would interesting!!...well once it airs next year sadly for me i cant watch it until a few monthss ..cus studies....

ill just leave this here XD
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Aug 28, 2017 12:49 PM

May 2015
Merlin gest girl!

Guess we are waiting for s2 now.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 30, 2017 4:58 AM
Mar 2017
That part with the kid and his dead mother was just sad :(

Seven deadly sins = good guys
Ten Commandments = bad guys hahaha only in anime!

jaja! Japan considers foreign(Gaijin) to Christianity, I suppose it is normal for the creator of the manga to do that as a joke or intently

This would be a GOOD anime shuonen of adventure, if the production would stop animating the shit that makes Meliodas that is not fun ... they mess up the atmosphere and they are very foolish, yes ... they may be secretly loved, but I do not I want to see how you touch the tits to a drawing and how it blushes making moans. motherfucker!
FireCrauterDec 30, 2017 5:02 AM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jan 6, 2018 12:00 PM

Jul 2013
Lol watching this episode made me realize just how much I've already forgotten of Nanatsu no Taizai. I had to do a quick google search of who Vivian was and I'm still wondering how Hendrickson got hold of Meliodas' sword hilt. I really need to refresh my memory. Overall, while I do like a few scenes here and there, this whole sequel is pretty bad and it made me realize that the series actually has a rather large cast but most of them are forgettable. The only ones I remember vividly are the Sins. This is a disappointing followup. If only they could move the plot a little faster.

I liked Merlin here though.
Jan 8, 2018 3:02 PM
Apr 2014
It's ridiculous. The clothes of the boars hat are less revealing than Merlin's usual clothes and yet the bar is going wild for her.
Mar 20, 2018 4:28 AM

May 2016
Not a bad episode the ending was interesting and Gowther's part as well was pretty well done. Overall 7/10
May 2, 2018 7:50 PM

Jul 2013
Funny episode. Gowther is a mystery for me. He isn't human? So I wonder what he's instead. Hopefully they will explain this in the second season.

So Meliodas got a special order from Merlin. After the first season I was wondering what happened to Vivian but didn't expect to see her in this episode. The punishment was cruel of merlin. At least Gil can be sure he won't get harassed by Vivian any more.

Damn Merlin in this uniform was just super hot. Sexiest woman in Nanatsu no Tazai confirmed :D
Gowther looked silly but it made me laugh to see him like that haha.

I can't believe that this red demon and the grey demon are just weak demons. So there are 10 forerunners. Bartra also had a vision about it. It doesn't look good for Arthur, hopefully Meliodas can help him. Fucking Hendrikson was able to disengage the seal and now the demons are free. Oh boy....

Overall I enjoyed these OVA's. A lot funny moments + they showed what happened to certain characters from season 1 like Hendrikson, Dreyfus etc. That ending was the perfect transition to season 2. I'm sure this will be fun to watch.

May 28, 2018 12:09 AM

Mar 2016
Nice episode with a mixed content. I am glad that Merlin cast a painful curse on Vivian so that Gil can keep her restrained.

Merlin also educated Vivian (and the others) about the existence of stronger demons and its king, a great way to hype the audiences for season 2. Especially after the King told the Sins that the '10 commandments' will come.

Oh damn, Hendricksen got what he needs to finally open the seal. Shit's about to begin!
Aug 29, 2018 11:20 AM

Apr 2013
Great side stories, really enjoyed every one of them. These characters are all so fun to watch and finally some more screentime for Merlin. Can't wait to watch season 2 :3
Nov 28, 2018 1:33 AM

Sep 2010
Pretty ok at best. Disappointed its only 4 eps.
Jan 19, 2019 11:12 PM

May 2013
Hm. 7/10 bc it was pretty short and stopped at a weird place lulz :3
I guess these eps just serve as a gateway to S2 or something

Merlin looks best in dark clothes :}
Jan 28, 2019 11:15 AM

May 2016
Gowther is the best boi. And best girl. <3
Apr 7, 2020 4:01 AM

May 2018
Vivian finally gets punished. Wahoo!
Aug 10, 2020 1:14 AM

May 2015
The guy with the mustache at the end looked familiar... hmmm...
Feb 21, 2021 3:21 PM

Nov 2019
The only thing this four episodes did good was hype me up for what will come next. I’m really looking forward for the Ten Commandments and have very high expectations, especially after the quality drop of this “second season”, if we can even call it like that. It was just pretty okay I guess, so it’s 6/10 for me.
Jan 2, 2023 3:05 PM

Mar 2010
No homo but that gowther sin femlad looked pretty hawt, wouldn't mind hitting dat. :b

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 22, 2023 4:46 PM
Apr 2023
Very fun watch! Despite all the cliche anime stuff watching Vivian stalk them again was very fun. And the little side story with Pelio was very sweet. And then Merlin cursing Vivian and explaining the Demon Clan was really cool, a funny scene at the tavern with Merlin just immediately quitting, and a very nice tease of the next season. Although not an amazing episode, I didn’t find a lot of flaws in it, so it gets 5 stars by my rules.
Aug 11, 2023 12:04 PM
Aug 2018
É, dá pro gasto, mas esperava mais
Aug 13, 2023 11:15 PM
Nov 2015
Completed it long time ago! Just updating my list!
Jan 27, 12:03 AM

Sep 2023
I'm just not sure how I feel. Episode 1 was good. Ep 2 would have been good if not for the overplayed weak joke fight with King. I mean we already know how strong he is with magic after defeating his ex-best friend to save Diane. And we already had the "he's physically weak without magic" joke previously. Stop it already. Ep 3 made me fucking pissed off. Killing the tearjerker was unacceptable and asinine. This episode was okay. I liked Gowther a lot here. He is trying to be nice. But he doesn't understand human emotion yet. He didn't mean to cause pain. He wanted to help that boy. I felt bad for both of them.

I am gonna continue to watch this whole series even if the rest sucks but that's because I am quite a completionist (even though my ADD and scatterbrained personality sometimes causes me to put something to the side to return to it later such as I have been doing with Monogatari)...

I just want to see more relationship progress with King and Diane. And if I don't get it, oh well. That's to be expected with A-1. At the very least I wanna see Merlin get serious. I fucking LOVE her. I also wanna see Gowther get better at understanding emotion.

Let's go!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

89 by GearheadOtaku »»
Jan 26, 11:51 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

70 by ToTheGyz »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:55 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

112 by ToTheGyz »»
Jul 20, 2023 4:52 AM

» Only 4 ep why? What is this?

BestBoiEren - Mar 28, 2016

21 by gayanimeboi »»
Mar 25, 2020 5:14 PM

» Hawks on Arby's Twitter

JayHairston - Jul 18, 2017

0 by JayHairston »»
Jul 18, 2017 1:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.