Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 14, 2016 4:28 PM
Jul 2015
ShinsoPriest said:
Is this the same studio that animated the first season?

[yt]WfSdCSM9s9k[yt]

The animator is working on other shows this season!!
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post?tags=hironori_tanaka
SilverLink don't have any good in-house animators unlike Ufo so when the animators are busy their shows turns out like this.
Sep 14, 2016 4:48 PM
May 2013
According to CR, the animators rushed the episode because they didn't have enough time.
It's not suprising since Anne-Happy was really fucked too. And this season of Fate/Iliya has 3 directors.
This episode has 14 animation directors and 25 key animators.
A shame since the previous seasons had top animators for the fights but they are busy with otherr projects now.

@Dab1za9 Hironori Tanaka is the in-house animator of the industry. He shows up in 15 shows in 2016. 20 in 2015. 24 in 2014, etc.
So the planning was very fucked if they didn't bring him in this episode. Sad.
BloodystarSep 14, 2016 4:54 PM
Sep 14, 2016 5:21 PM

Oct 2008
How utterly stupid of them to not have their best animator for what was supposed to be the best episode of the season.
Sep 14, 2016 5:41 PM

Oct 2015
ShinsoPriest said:
Forget the manga, the animation quality in this episode is just abysmal. What happened?

I'm getting flashbacks from one of the other Fate animes.

When I first saw that, I couldn't tell if Shirou was deflecting projectiles or repeatedly stabbing his swords on the ground.
Sep 14, 2016 6:18 PM

Mar 2015
And to think that there were people who wanted SL to adapt the F/SN main routes

And to think that there were people who actually thought SL could put a better animation work than Ufotable

And to think that there were people who actually though SL would deliver the hypest moment of 3rei properly when every other manga shot was underwhelming

I didn't expect the episode to be like so bad and so rushed this but I feel quite vindicated, I must say

Hopefully SL can pull a decent finale next week at least. They fit Prisma but this episode showed they wouldn't be able to handle a true VN route
Sep 14, 2016 6:20 PM

Dec 2009
All I can say is that this is miles better than Ufotable or Deen. But that isn't enough, this episode felt quite mediocre. Shame. Hopefully they don't screw up next season... meh, who am I kidding, they will disappoint too. Better not get our hopes up.
Sep 14, 2016 6:20 PM

May 2016
This whole episode is a huge disappointment consider that this exact episode is what i've been waiting for 3 months.
Like srsly SL? what happens to the awesome Archer-Illya vs Alter saber?
LIKE SERIOUSLY?
SL probably thinking that they need some salt for their work
Sep 14, 2016 6:23 PM

Mar 2015
Linkark07 said:
All I can say is that this is miles better than Ufotable or Deen. But that isn't enough, this episode felt quite mediocre. Shame. Hopefully they don't screw up next season... meh, who am I kidding, they will disappoint too. Better not get our hopes up.

Even the DEEN F/SN Finale was better than this episode, structure wise and animation wise

everything felt rushed and strange, the source material (the manga) blows this episode out of the water in a whole new level

MightyM16Sep 14, 2016 6:27 PM
Sep 14, 2016 6:31 PM

Aug 2010
MightyM16 said:

And to think that there were people who actually thought SL could put a better animation work than Ufotable

And to think that there were people who actually though SL would deliver the hypest moment of 3rei properly when every other manga shot was underwhelming

SL is way more than capable of doing really good action. 3rei is literally the first time they screwed up an action scene this badly.

Also, i don't think anyone really expected better animation than ufo from SL. We expected what SL dilevered for 3 seasons prior.

MightyM16 said:

Hopefully SL can pull a decent finale next week at least. They fit Prisma but this episode showed they wouldn't be able to handle a true VN route

Not that i'd want SL to do F/SN anyway, but do you really think that SL would give the same budget and attention to mainline Fate as they give Prillya? Let's not kid ourselves now.
Sep 14, 2016 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
I haven't seen the episode yet, but based on what I saw from the complaints it makes sense through after the information was given around. Sad really. I will check the episode later on but I'm giving my low expectations.

By the way a few people were saying that this is the first time SL had screwed over the art/animation department... eh, not really. Yes they're great for art/animation area but they're not perfect, they do have their downs as well (Chaos Dragon AntiMagic Academy) <--- Pointing at the art/animation department not content department.
Sep 14, 2016 6:45 PM

Mar 2015
astroprogs said:
MightyM16 said:

SL is way more than capable of doing really good action. 3rei is literally the first time they screwed up an action scene this badly.

Also, i don't think anyone really expected better animation than ufo from SL. We expected what SL dilevered for 3 seasons prior.

SL had a way better deal through the lat few seasons because they had more SOL to work with it, only 10 episodes and most battles weren't as hectic as the ones in 3rei, that's mainly why they could put ome good, quality work. In fact you can see how the animation quality ecreased in this season, a lot of animation spots were awfully underwhelming, specially when you compare them to the manga

Anyway I just pointed that out becaue there are some people here who truly though that SL could handle a F/SN route in the same way they do Prisma, which was confirmed as a mistaken assumption due to this season as a whole

Not that i'd want SL to do F/SN anyway, but do you really think that SL would give the same budget and attention to mainline Fate as they give Prillya? Let's not kid ourselves now.

Some people here genuinely thought SL could do a F/SN main route in the same way they do Prisma, I kid you not
Sep 14, 2016 6:50 PM
Jul 2018
MightyM16 said:
astroprogs said:

SL had a way better deal through the lat few seasons because they had more SOL to work with it, only 10 episodes and most battles weren't as hectic as the one in 3rei

That's why they could put some good, consistent work

Anyway I just pointed that out becaue there are some people here who truly though that SL could handle a F/SN route in the same way they do Prisma, which was confirmed as a mistaken assumption due to this seaon as a whole

Some people here genuinely thought SL could do a F/SN main route in the same way they do Prisma, I kid you not

Honestly I think they kind of went too delusional. Yes true I love Silver Link and I love Kaleid... but honestly I wasn't expecting maybe for them to do like the other adaptations... Its simply impossible in a way. Are they the worst studio? Nah. But you do need a lot to work on for this, with planning, getting the good animators, etc. They just seem to rush things here as far as I can tell because, I'll be fair the previous Kaleids were pretty nice, and if I remember, they were 10 episodes each, and if I remember, they aired at the third to fourth week, which gives them a lot of time to work on things.
Sep 14, 2016 6:58 PM

Mar 2013
Came back to the forum after 3 month and yet Fate fan are still toxic as ever. Yes it's not perfect but nothing is perfect.
Sep 14, 2016 7:00 PM

Aug 2010
TheLittleRedHero said:

By the way a few people were saying that this is the first time SL had screwed over the art/animation department.

I was talking about Prillya in particular, not the studio's works as a whole.

MightyM16 said:

SL had a way better deal through the lat few seasons because they had more SOL to work with it, only 10 episodes and most battles weren't as hectic as the ones in 3rei, that's mainly why they could put ome good, quality work. In fact you can see how the animation quality ecreased in this season, a lot of animation spots were awfully underwhelming, specially when you compare them to the manga

Anyway I just pointed that out becaue there are some people here who truly though that SL could handle a F/SN route in the same way they do Prisma, which was confirmed as a mistaken assumption due to this season as a whole

Prillya's resources allocation is proportional to its profitability. 3rei needed F/SN's budget, time and staff, which Prillya's profitability simply didn't warrant.
3rei's circumstances are in no way applicable to a F/SN adaptation, if SL were ever to do one. The reasons why 3rei looks this way is exclusive to Prillya, not SL as a whole.
Sep 14, 2016 7:03 PM
Jul 2018
astroprogs said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

By the way a few people were saying that this is the first time SL had screwed over the art/animation department.

I was talking about Prillya in particular, not the studio's works as a whole.

MightyM16 said:

Prillya's resources allocation is proportional to its profitability. 3rei needed F/SN's budget, time and staff, which Prillya's profitability simply didn't warrant.
3rei's circumstances are in no way applicable to a F/SN adaptation, if SL were ever to do one. The reasons why 3rei looks this way is exclusive to Prillya, not SL as a whole.

I wasn't really pointing at you to be fair, but there were a few people that said this and I just wanted to address it.
Sep 14, 2016 7:08 PM

Mar 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:

Honestly I think they kind of went too delusional. Yes true I love Silver Link and I love Kaleid... but honestly I wasn't expecting maybe for them to do like the other adaptations... Its simply impossible in a way. Are they the worst studio? Nah. But you do need a lot to work on for this, with planning, getting the good animators, etc. They just seem to rush things here as far as I can tell because, I'll be fair the previous Kaleids were pretty nice, and if I remember, they were 10 episodes each, and if I remember, they aired at the third to fourth week, which gives them a lot of time to work on things.

My point exactly. People overhyped them too much

astroprogs said:
[

"Budget" most of the time isn't the problem but time constraints, the fact that we are seeing this QUALITY implies lack of organization and actual quality work from SL, specially considering they are a smaller animation studio compared to other ones

Simply put, they didn't prepare well for 3rei or they aren't putting enough effort because they know that what makes Prisma afloat is the loli merchandise that it manages to sell
Sep 14, 2016 7:14 PM
Jul 2018
MightyM16 said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

My point exactly. People overhyped them too much

astroprogs said:
[

"Budget" most of the time isn't the problem but time constraints, the fact that we are seeing this QUALITY implies lack of organization and actual quality work from SL, specially considering they are a smaller animation studio compared to other ones

Simply put, they didn't prepare well for 3rei or they aren't putting enough effort because they know that what makes Prisma afloat is the loli merchandise that it manages to sell

Mighty pretty much pointed what I was going to say. Budget is not really the problem, but time constraints or just not given too much time to make these scenes look pretty good and polished, and this is why I kind of pointed out why I said that they should have at least made a plan for this. Its about planning, and decisions, and since they didn't had their resources and in comparison to others which looks pretty well animated and polish, this is just a weaker spot around.

By the way, by the time I sent this post I'm watching the episode, and all I can say is what I just assumed, not giving enough time to animate this and this is why it ended this way in terms of art/animation directing.
Sep 14, 2016 7:21 PM

Aug 2010
MightyM16 said:

Again, project priority. Studios don't deal with all of their projects equally. You're assuming SL deals with Prillya the same way they'll deal with other high profile projects.

MightyM16 said:

Then i wonder why they spent a lot of their resources on the fights on all the past seasons. Also, no, with 3rei, this is no longer the case. You think Hiroyama would choose to destroy what "keeps Prillya afloat" AND SL would still choose to continue to adapt it?
Sep 14, 2016 7:28 PM

Mar 2015
astroprogs said:

Again, project priority. Studios don't deal with all of their projects equally. You're assuming SL deals with Prillya the same way they'll deal with other high profile projects.

I'm not "assuming" anything, I'm just saying what I see and from what I see from 3rei I wouldn't entrust a main F/SN route to SL

Then i wonder why they spent a lot of their resources on the fights on all the past seasons. Also, no, with 3rei, this is no longer the case. You think Hiroyama would choose to destroy what "keeps Prillya afloat" AND SL would still choose to continue to adapt it?

Because it was just one big fight at the end of a half season of SOL and loli hijinks. 3rei isn't like that, it's more hectic and required more planning

Hiroyama didn't "destroy" anything. The flashback arc is only your temporary fate service, you'll be back to your normal loli service soon enough

Still, what keeps Prisma, as a series, afloat is how much merchandise they end up selling; this is why SL puts more effort in loli kisses and pandering scenes, even in 3rei
Sep 14, 2016 7:37 PM

Aug 2014
I see Angelica has been playing Portal.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 14, 2016 7:38 PM

Aug 2010
MightyM16 said:
astroprogs said:

I'm not "assuming" anything, I'm just saying what I see and from what I see from 3rei I wouldn't entrust a main F/SN route to SL

No, what you're seeing is a case you keep refusing to look at its nuances and exclusive details.

MightyM16 said:

Because it was just one big fight at the end of a half season of SOL and loli hijinks. 3rei isn't like that, it's more hectic and required more planning

Hiroyama didn't "destroy" anything. The flashback arc is only your temporary fate service, you'll be back to your normal loli service soon enough

Still, what keeps Prisma, as a series, afloat is how much merchandise they end up selling; this is why SL puts more effort in loli kisses and pandering scenes, even in 3rei

Do you realize how many frames/man hours/salary these fights cost? You don't do a high quality token action scene that eats a huge portion of your resources if you can just half ass it. Who cares about the action if the loli fanservice is the main draw, right?

You realize that this arc lasted for more than entire year, right? Not to mention, 3rei has 43 chapters so far where the fanservice scenes can be counted on a single hand.

The manga, the anime and the merchandise are tightly related. If the merchandise business can survive on its own, we wouldn't need the manga or the anime, especially when they're doing very little to market the fanservice that fuels the merchendise.
Consumers wouldn't buy 5 BD sets for a 15 seconds scene, you know.
astroprogsSep 14, 2016 7:42 PM
Sep 14, 2016 7:45 PM

Mar 2015
astroprogs said:

Do you realize how many frames/man hours/salary these fights cost? You don't do a high qulity token action scene that eats a huge portion of your resources if you can just half ass it. Who cares about the action if the loli fanservice is the main draw, right?

SL did a good job with them before even with their focus on the fanservice why couldn't they just reorganize their people, time and material to give the fans something of a higher quality? I believe you already know that "budget" isn't exactly a problem here

You realize that this arc lasted for more than entire year, right? Not to mention, 3rei has 43 chapters so far where the fanservice scenes can be counted on a single hand.

And what impact does this have on the merchandise? Do you see any Miyu Shirou plush being sold? Was Miyu Shirou part of th 3rei event in F/GO?

The manga, the anime and the merchandise are tightly related. If the merchandise business can survive on its own, we wouldn't need the manga or the anime, especially when they're doing very little to market the fanservice that fuels the merchendise.

They are related but just because there was a temporary change in the mange doesn't means the merchandise did change. The loli centered merchandise is what gives Prisma the profits it needs to keep going
Sep 14, 2016 8:03 PM

Aug 2010
MightyM16 said:
astroprogs said:

Do you realize how many frames/man hours/salary these fights cost? You don't do a high qulity token action scene that eats a huge portion of your resources if you can just half ass it. Who cares about the action if the loli fanservice is the main draw, right?

SL did a good job with them before even with their focus on the fanservice why couldn't they just reorganize their people, time and material to give the fans something of a higher quality? I believe you already know that "budget" isn't exactly a problem here

And what impact does this have on the merchandise? Do you see any Miyu Shirou plush being sold? Was Miyu Shirou part of th 3rei event in F/GO?

They are related but just because there was a temporary change in the mange doesn't means the merchandise did change. The loli centered merchandise is what gives Prisma the profits it needs to keep going

Because they had more time. The previous seasons were 10 episodes each, this wasn't. ufo takes 2-3 seasons to prepare for Fate. SL does more than a single series almost every season. Why ufo can afford to do this, but not SL, is because Prillya won't sell 30K sets on its opening week. If SL wanted 3rei to look the best, they could've cancelled a show in the previous season to be ahead of the schedule, but Prillya's profitability simply won't cover for two seasons of work.
Different projects (AKA different profitability projections) require different scheduling and level of care.
Also, resources =/= budget. Resources also include time that could be spent on other projects and man power.

The manga sales went up. The merchandise would sell either way. F/GO's event was for all of Prillya, not just 3rei. It had 3rei in the title because of cross marketing.

A change from 2012 to 2016 (and counting) can't be called a temporary change. The entirety of 3rei is extremely light on fanservice if you compare it to the previous manga publications/anime seasons. 3rei didn't start being light on the fanservice just with the latest arc. It has been doing it for 4 years now.
Sep 14, 2016 8:06 PM
Jul 2016
MightyM16 said:
astroprogs said:

The reason Miyuverse Shirou didn't have any merchandise because of the sheer fact that it would spoil the anime and it will be no longer the selling point of 3rei.

Did you realize that the rating and the sales of the manga skyrocketed after chapter 23? If it wasn't selling, Hiro would have been going back to the loli fanservice a long time ago. Guess what? A whole year and a month dedicated to Miyuverse Shirou and the manga sales increase tremendously just by seeing this cover

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/c/c1/Prisma_alter_shirou2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160520060516

So don't tell me that he didn't sell. He alone kept the series alive since chapter 23 and this is the monthly release. Guess how long did Miyuverse Shirou do for Fate Kaleid?
Sep 14, 2016 8:26 PM

Aug 2012
Yeah art and animation obviously wasn't what it could have been, or even what we've been treated to in the past. And pacing was noticeably extreme from anime only perspective. But even then, the whole episode was still sheer fucking hype. I got my monologue fix that UBW never provided, Shiro+Kuro was fucking hype, senpai machine literally had me jump out of my chair, and Gil was just perfect.

I guess maybe Rewrite has just made me appreciate adaptations, for being actual adaptations.
Sep 14, 2016 8:26 PM

Jan 2008
Gotta love it when they shout Excalibur in the Fate series.

Guessing that random crazy girl was Sakura? Regardless of who she is though, I hope she actually has some purpose other than fanservice, otherwise she was just completely random as fuck.

Tanaka, where are you?
Sep 14, 2016 8:41 PM

Feb 2013
...meh, it was enjoyable enough.
Sep 14, 2016 8:45 PM

Aug 2010
Looking at the episode again, with some of my initial hype and disappointment affecting my judgment less, i think was a little too harsh on it.

Yeah, there were a lot of things this episode that are just plain inferior to its manga counterpart, usually in more aspects than one, but i can't say that the episode as a whole was bad. It's just above average, and i think, with how amazing the source material for it is, i just expected a lot more than just above average.
Sep 14, 2016 9:00 PM

Oct 2008
I still say the animation quality leaves more to be desired considering what is happening. A few nice looking still images of Ko-Gil being Ko-Gil doesn't cut it.
Sep 14, 2016 9:05 PM

Aug 2010
ShinsoPriest said:
I still say the animation quality leaves more to be desired considering what is happening. A few nice looking still images of Ko-Gil being Ko-Gil doesn't cut it.

Definitely. It's just that the source material really saves the episode. The events (the content), even if badly represented, just can't be called "bad" IMO.
Sep 14, 2016 9:07 PM

Dec 2015
Seeing Sakura like that only makes me sad and hyped for Heaven's Feel next year
Sep 14, 2016 9:11 PM

Aug 2009
MightyM16 said:
Linkark07 said:

Even the DEEN F/SN Finale was better than this episode, structure wise and animation wise

everything felt rushed and strange, the source material (the manga) blows this episode out of the water in a whole new level

F/GO has better animations than this.

AlexTheRiot said:
Yeah art and animation obviously wasn't what it could have been, or even what we've been treated to in the past. And pacing was noticeably extreme from anime only perspective. But even then, the whole episode was still sheer fucking hype. I got my monologue fix that UBW never provided, Shiro+Kuro was fucking hype, senpai machine literally had me jump out of my chair, and Gil was just perfect.

I guess maybe Rewrite has just made me appreciate adaptations, for being actual adaptations.

memes

People really should rewatch UBW if they think it had no monologues or else they are just repeating what some delusional preople keep saying.

Just some from S2 alone.

Now, I didnt watch the ep with subs, but just by using the manga as a reference, it is just Shirou stating the obvious and repeating stuff about his sister and julian.In some cases it wont even match the animation if they putted ALL the monologues.

Riiiiiight, Well done SL great job.You gave Shirou 3 mins of "important" monologues

astroprogs said:
Looking at the episode again, with some of my initial hype and disappointment affecting my judgment less, i think was a little too harsh on it.

Yeah, there were a lot of things this episode that are just plain inferior to its manga counterpart, usually in more aspects than one, but i can't say that the episode as a whole was bad. It's just above average, and i think, with how amazing the source material for it is, i just expected a lot more than just above average.

Can I ask why the same thing would make UBW below average?Because more than a year later, the hype and expectations still make it look like crap in the eyes of some fans.
Sep 14, 2016 9:15 PM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:

astroprogs said:

Can I ask why the same thing would make UBW below average?Because more than a year later, the hype and expectations still make it look like crap in the eyes of some fans.

But i never said it would. You know i gave ufoUBW an 8/10, right? That's way above average, and that had more episodes that i had problems with than this.

My comment above can almost be taken word for word as my opinion of ufoUBW, just substute "manga" with "VN" and "episode" with "series".
Sep 14, 2016 9:26 PM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
ssjokg said:

But i never said it would. You know i gave ufoUBW an 8/10, right? That's way above average, and that had more episodes that i had problems with than this.

My comment above can almost be taken word for word as my opinion of ufoUBW, just substute "manga" with "VN" and "episode" with "series".

Nonono.
I mean many will later say the same thing.We know some will forgive it all because, everything else was fine, and it was just action and Shirou isnt even the MC etc etc

And in UBW we had the opposite.

Everything was GREAT till ep10 after than every frame of it was bad or had a mistake in it, even the ones in the previous eps.
Sep 14, 2016 9:30 PM

Oct 2008
astroprogs said:
ShinsoPriest said:

Definitely. It's just that the source material really saves the episode. The events (the content), even if badly represented, just can't be called "bad" IMO.

Then it's not the anime you're liking but the source material aka manga. That doesn't excuse this episode's quality in any way. It's a below average to average episode when it should be an excellent episode like in previous seasons. And that is embarrassing on SL's part.
Sep 14, 2016 9:33 PM
Jul 2018
UNLIMITED DISSAPOINTMENT WORKS.

The day Silver Link fucked up. This guy right here predicted it.

This was some Teoi Animation shit.

No budget for drawings.

No budget for animation.

No budget to give Technoboys some real strings.

Too damn rushed.

The ost that played before EMIYA was nice but... why did they went after Shoujo Shinka??? Why not a brand new remix? They just remixed Tatsuya Kato's EMIYA a bit. And it's not even good. It doesn't help Shoujo Shinka is the best EMIYA version. Now even ufoubw EMIYA is better than 3rei's :/
Sep 14, 2016 9:37 PM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:

Nonono.
I mean many will later say the same thing.We know some will forgive it all because, everything else was fine, and it was just action and Shirou isnt even the MC etc etc

And in UBW we had the opposite.

Everything was GREAT till ep10 after than every frame of it was bad or had a mistake in it, even the ones in the previous eps.

I don't know about how the others think of ufoUBW or how they might think of 3rei later on, but, speaking for my personal experience, I never felt that ufoUBW was great until episode 10. I had problems with it since episode 3, but i didn't care as much because it wsa a single case before several things started accumulating.

I also don't think that 3rei was great until this episode either, nor will i pretend that this episode never happened when i rank the season.

ShinsoPriest said:
astroprogs said:

Then it's not the anime you're liking but the source material aka manga. That doesn't excuse this episode's quality in any way. It's a below average to average episode when it should be an excellent episode like in previous seasons. And that is embarrassing on SL's part.

I never said otherwise. If the source material was my sole criteria, i'd have given the episode the 10/10. However, while the quality of execution is a huge element, yes, it's not like the anime was adapting an original story. I still like how chicken tastes even if it was overcooked a bit lol.
astroprogsSep 14, 2016 9:49 PM
Sep 14, 2016 10:01 PM

Jul 2009
To sum up...
Screw it!
bruh
Sep 14, 2016 10:23 PM
Oct 2013
Not much one for rants, but this one… it deserves it.

Damn. It’s been a while since an anime has made me this annoyed AND hyped at the same time (the last time was S2 log horizon). I’m generally not the kind of person who cares too much about the quality of an anime, so long as it’s faithful to the source material, but there’s a certain degree to which this can be taken, especially when it involves a fight scene, and silver link took this episode right to that line and sat on it, if not crossing it completely. I can handle sub-par animation frames in almost any episode, but this episode, this episode alone, I expected them to go balls deep with however much budget they had left, I wouldn’t care too much if the episode had just two or three bad moments, I’m not that picky, but when Kanshou and Bakuya, two of the most iconic weapons in the fate franchise, don’t look like swords for the entire fight, I have difficulty remaining immersed. And this isn’t just a problem of animation, I understand, not everything can be ready for the TV release, but this is a problem of consistency, for the past three seasons, we’ve gotten decent animation, with very few sub-par scenes, which has lead me to expect more from SL regarding prisma illya. This season though, it’s been lower tier all the way through. Don’t get me wrong, the adaptation as far as how close to the source it was, is still damn near 10, but that’s not enough to carry a show when the flaws are so glaringly obvious, especially during a fight scene(s).

Just looking at the first season's fight shows you how much SL failed on this one. my hype was too much for this episode, and then they just... i don't even. the episode itself was actually good. they adapted 98% of the lines well enough, they properly place monologues, and the lines were delivered well enough, but the animation, this episode was supposed to be the climax, I don’t even mind too much that they ran through the source material, what I mind is that they rushed through it AND made it sub-par, hopefully they fix this on the official release, but for them to ruin the fight, (that was supposed to be) the most hype episode of the entire series, just ruins the experience. I would honestly have preferred for them to delay the entire episode than to have this waiting for me.

then we get to the rest of the flaws, unfortunately, the flaws all stem from the animation side of things, which is exactly where the anime needed to pick itself up, if only for this episode, it's already been said before, but this was the climax, the episode after could have been all still frames and it wouldn’t have mattered so long as they got this one right. i understand that they were having problems with the episode this time around due to time constraints, but in that case, i would honestly have preferred for them to just take the L and delay it a week, or go the kekkai sensen route, removing the last episode entirely and just releasing it with the BD.

Jesus, I can’t even get my thoughts in order typing them down. The episode wasn’t bad, because it was faithful to the source, and the flaws could be fixed easily by the time of BD release, but it doesn’t live up to, nor does it come close to, the hype that I was expecting. It’s a strangely confusing episode, it wasn’t complete trash, and it’s not like it’s guaranteed to be the final product, but at the same time, it’s not what it should have been, and it’s nowhere near what it could have been.

I’m somewhat satisfied, because I got the episode I wanted (the gil/miyu portion was actually really well done), but I’m still disappointed, because said episode is far less than what silver link has shown themselves to be capable of. This entire season really, was supposed to be the best season of them all, and it’s consistently been below the standard that the other seasons have made me come to expect.
vlaineSep 14, 2016 10:27 PM
yep. I Have no idea what I'm doing, but I enjoy my life all the more because of it.
Sep 14, 2016 10:29 PM
Sep 14, 2016 10:55 PM

Jun 2015
And so Type Moon fans once again succumb to the salt. We are born of the salt, made men of the salt, undone by the salt. I'm not sure if Type-Moon adaptations are all just tragically cursed, or if the average Type Moon fan is just super anal about the works. I have a feeling it's both. Cause I am definitely anal about this shit and about this episode. Why Silverlink? Why?

Sep 14, 2016 11:10 PM

Jul 2013
That episode was deplorable. Goodbye Illya, it was fun...

Sep 14, 2016 11:25 PM
Jun 2011
Fleckens said:
Seems like it's all but confirmed that this is the end of prisma, the preview had 最終(last, finale, closing, etc)written above the title of the episode, something that wasn't there in any of the last episode previews of previous seasons. I didn't expect anything else but it still makes me a bit sad that next episode is the last we will see of her Illya and her friends.
i dont think it the end of illeya after the next episode but we will see
Sep 14, 2016 11:30 PM
Jun 2011
Fleckens said:
Fai said:
I refuse to believe this episode just happened. There has to have been some sort of executive medlding or SOMETHING to fuck this up. You just don't put up brilliant episodes like previous two or most of this season and then drop this. That does not seem plausible.

They needed to have 13 episodes clearly, but weren't given that. Also just feels like they may have been very time constrained this episode, as others pointed out, it's one thing when the animation is subpar, but if you can't even do a still shot right, something is wrong.

Now I'm just hoping they don't screw up last episode. As this is most likely the last we will see of Prisma and with Illya being the character with most screentime in the last episode I really want them to do her justice. One thing is screwing up a scene with side character, an important one but still just a side character. If they screw up the episode focused on the main character in the most likely last episode of the show then that would just be really sad.
i think there will be anoudher season . i dont know why you think it the end
Sep 14, 2016 11:45 PM

Jul 2007
Oh wow, going by like 50 collapsed posts I guess the trolls finally set upon this. Oh well.Ignore lists are the best.

yrlek said:
they did a really good job in the other episodes and they animated it almost page to page from the manga so why make all these changes now? I think they had some serious production/time issues which maybe was inevitable for them, i was thinking there are certain scenes where it seems like something is missing like a part of the scene itself is missing, especially in the first part of the episode, a studio which made justice to drei till now wouldn't fuck up the anime at this point just for the sake of it.

That's why its so weird. The rest of 3rei was pretty much PERFECT. I tblows my mind that this episode was possible. Going from previous two episodes which literally were the best of prillya to this feels so jarring. The start of 3rei adaptation was pretty much PERFECTLY eveyrthing I wanted out of it. There were some dips in animation here and there and some understandable cutting of less needed content, but it was perfect. Then everything after Illya doll arc was pretty much even better than expected. And then this episode happens?

It really feels like they either ran out of budget, or there was some production issues OR there was some executive meddling/sabotage going on.

astroprogs said:

Because they had more time. The previous seasons were 10 episodes each, this wasn't. ufo takes 2-3 seasons to prepare for Fate. SL does more than a single series almost every season. Why ufo can afford to do this, but not SL, is because Prillya won't sell 30K sets on its opening week. If SL wanted 3rei to look the best, they could've cancelled a show in the previous season to be ahead of the schedule, but Prillya's profitability simply won't cover for two seasons of work.

Ufo also had that aniplex money and there's no doubt that ufoubw was financed as an advert for FGO.

astroprogs said:

Not that i'd want SL to do F/SN anyway,

Why not?

They showed they can do the designs and tone right.
They showed that they can do monologues right.
They showed that they can do ost homages perfectly.
They showed that they can depict nasuverse fights without turning it into explosion fests.
The 3rei season showed that they know how to cut the material properly(baring this episode)
They showed they can do character relationships right without dumbing it down to "they got to hold hands by the end!"
They showed that they do not shy away from more sexual parts of the story.

Given enough budget, that's pretty much the only studio, apart from maybe shaft(albeit I'd want shaft tsukihime more), that I would expect to do it justice. Shaft and SL are the only studios who bother explaining lore or doing monologues or actually adapting more wordy content instead of skipping it and replacing it with explosions.

This episode being bad still does not change that Silverlink is the only studio to have done fate franchise justice(I don't count Zero because without proper FSN it loses it's value). They have proven that given enough time and money they can be unrivaled.

You don't need a budget to make FSN a good show. It is not something that should rely on fighting. In this case its quite clear that TM is shafting prillya and putting all the money in more shallow experiences in terms of funding. God forbid this would catch on onto mainstream popularity more than their recent lackluster efforts elsewhere and their slotmachines.
AhenshihaelSep 15, 2016 12:24 AM
Sep 15, 2016 12:01 AM

Mar 2008
The content does make the episode good.

It's just too bad that the animation does drag it down when this was an episode the deserved the best effort they could manage. You can cut some corners in a few other episodes and if you nail this...then it works out. Just needed to allocate time, staff, and resources better for this episode.

I still had fun with it. The great moments remain great. It's just not as great as it could and should have been. SL dropped the ball. There's just no way around that.
Sep 15, 2016 12:51 AM
Jul 2016
Fai said:
Oh wow, going by like 50 collapsed posts I guess the trolls finally set upon this. Oh well.Ignore lists are the best.

yrlek said:
they did a really good job in the other episodes and they animated it almost page to page from the manga so why make all these changes now? I think they had some serious production/time issues which maybe was inevitable for them, i was thinking there are certain scenes where it seems like something is missing like a part of the scene itself is missing, especially in the first part of the episode, a studio which made justice to drei till now wouldn't fuck up the anime at this point just for the sake of it.

That's why its so weird. The rest of 3rei was pretty much PERFECT. I tblows my mind that this episode was possible. Going from previous two episodes which literally were the best of prillya to this feels so jarring. The start of 3rei adaptation was pretty much PERFECTLY eveyrthing I wanted out of it. There were some dips in animation here and there and some understandable cutting of less needed content, but it was perfect. Then everything after Illya doll arc was pretty much even better than expected. And then this episode happens?

It really feels like they either ran out of budget, or there was some production issues OR there was some executive meddling/sabotage going on.

astroprogs said:

Ufo also had that aniplex money and there's no doubt that ufoubw was financed as an advert for FGO.

astroprogs said:

Not that i'd want SL to do F/SN anyway,

Why not?

They showed they can do the designs and tone right.
They showed that they can do monologues right.
They showed that they can do ost homages perfectly.
They showed that they can depict nasuverse fights without turning it into explosion fests.
The 3rei season showed that they know how to cut the material properly(baring this episode)
They showed they can do character relationships right without dumbing it down to "they got to hold hands by the end!"
They showed that they do not shy away from more sexual parts of the story.

Given enough budget, that's pretty much the only studio, apart from maybe shaft(albeit I'd want shaft tsukihime more), that I would expect to do it justice. Shaft and SL are the only studios who bother explaining lore or doing monologues or actually adapting more wordy content instead of skipping it and replacing it with explosions.

This episode being bad still does not change that Silverlink is the only studio to have done fate franchise justice(I don't count Zero because without proper FSN it loses it's value). They have proven that given enough time and money they can be unrivaled.

You don't need a budget to make FSN a good show. It is not something that should rely on fighting. In this case its quite clear that TM is shafting prillya and putting all the money in more shallow experiences in terms of funding. God forbid this would catch on onto mainstream popularity more than their recent lackluster efforts elsewhere and their slotmachines.

One punch Man had an average budget that wasn't even like Fate/Zero and UBW but had basically on par with ufo in term of animation quality. Also, you are telling me the past episode was PERFECT?

http://oi67.tinypic.com/scuqzn.jpg

Look AT THIS SHIT from Yggarasil post.

Also, Darius first battle was like RUSHED AS FUCK and they even cut the baddass announcement of the 6th Holy grail war.

They even skipped Gilgamesh's Monologue during his rescue of Miyuverse Shirou which added more ironic situation of the original rescue the faker.

I was holding on my disappointment for this episode but for them to FUCK THIS UP DAT BAD. I had to rewatch it and made a comparison from the past episode.

And here, LOOK AT ANOTHER OF THIS SHIT

http://h.mhcdn.net/store/manga/12152/011.0/compressed/l003rei011_027-028.jpg?v=1380176821

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK? How dare they skipped the most baddass scene of Darius?
Sep 15, 2016 12:57 AM

Jul 2007
zhaoyun99 said:

One punch Man had an average budget that wasn't even like Fate/Zero and UBW but had basically on par with ufo in term of animation quality. Also, you are telling me the past episode was PERFECT?

http://oi67.tinypic.com/scuqzn.jpg

Look AT THIS SHIT from Yggarasil post.

Also, Darius first battle was like RUSHED AS FUCK and they even cut the baddass announcement of the 6th Holy grail war.

They even skipped Gilgamesh's Monologue during his rescue of Miyuverse Shirou which added more ironic situation of the original rescue the faker.

I was holding on my disappointment for this episode but for them to FUCK THIS UP DAT BAD. I had to rewatch it and made a comparison from the past episode.

And here, LOOK AT ANOTHER OF THIS SHIT

http://h.mhcdn.net/store/manga/12152/011.0/compressed/l003rei011_027-028.jpg?v=1380176821

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK? How dare they skipped the most baddass scene of Darius?

OPM was also incredibly simplistic and mediocre. It only looked great because masterful animators like Yutaka Nakamura freelanced on it. Budget does not mean a thing.
A single episode of Mob Psycho or Kekkai Sensen or Conrevo shits on entire run of ufoubw via cinematography and choreography. How show looks and feels is not that impacted by money poured into it. Ufoubw most likely had insane budget but it ended up mediocre at best.

Different =/= Bad.
All manga to anime adaptations end up simplifying the art because it is impossible to adapt the actual level the manga panels are. Ever.

What you linked is different from the manga art but in no way bad. And what you said as cut was frankly not needed - it was okay to cut those things as they don't impact the story that much. Apart from the gilgamesh monologue and kirei scene, the show works perfect without any of that anyway.

If anything, if we disregard this episode, Silverlink is damn example of how to cut corners to fit content. While Ufoubw is a damn example of how NOT to do that.
AhenshihaelSep 15, 2016 1:03 AM
Sep 15, 2016 1:02 AM
Nov 2009
Yutaka Nakamura wasn't even a regular on One Punch Man. He merely showed up to do an uncredited short sequence in the finale. One Punch Man had the likes of Yoshimichi Kameda, Gosei Oda, and Norifumi Kugai taking on big animation roles.
Sep 15, 2016 1:06 AM

Jul 2007
LeftWingGuerilla said:
Yutaka Nakamura wasn't even a regular on One Punch Man. He merely showed up to do an uncredited short sequence in the finale. One Punch Man had the likes of Yoshimichi Kameda, Gosei Oda, and Norifumi Kugai taking on big animation roles.

That was just an example, since that IS one name most people even not versed in animation would recognize due to all the memes and how he is always brought up when he is part of something.

I could have compared it to Shingo Fuji on precure, Shaft's abe/imamura duo or any other more notable cases of standing out, or hell even more vague less known geniuses like In Seung Choi, but nobody would know them. Nakamura on opm is easiest to drive the point home. And it is truth. People like Nakamura is what made OPM bearable.

he still did the best fight in whole show and his work on Mob Psycho is exceptionally above that
AhenshihaelSep 15, 2016 1:16 AM
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2016

128 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2016

68 by The_Void_State_ »»
Mar 9, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2016

101 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2016

85 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.