Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2016 2:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pacing felt like it slowed this episode although I think this is anime original arc.

The monster made their menacing presence
Benio and Rokuro had their work cut out for them, their enemy is a lot stronger than anticipated imo That Benio smile though :>

Sep 14, 2016 3:10 AM

Mar 2016
I'm amazed that the basara killed that many people before anyone noticed her
Sep 14, 2016 4:33 AM

Jan 2012
That Kiyomi looks beautiful, with big, beautiful tits! XD No surprise there though as she is a three time mother after all! XD Ditto Moro, very sexy sideboobs. I'm starting to hope we get a giant Ohagi Man enemy. XD
Sep 14, 2016 5:14 AM

Dec 2014
Decent episode, I liked the whole family bits more than the action in this episode.

Kinako is more tolerable as a van xD

I got annoyed when that guy started hating on Benio because of Yuto.

Benio smile at the end was cute.
Sep 14, 2016 5:43 AM

Sep 2015
Most likely they will show all basaras in every episode equal to the amount of onmyouji generals. At the end of this arc they will fight each other, and maybe Sae-chan the last boss? Noooo
Sep 14, 2016 6:02 AM

Feb 2015
Hmm, I'm quite curious of Sae's role in this... Is she their daughter from the future or something?!
Sep 14, 2016 7:15 AM

Sep 2013
I haven't seen it yet but does anyone know when the fillers end? It's really hard to tell when without looking at the preview and won't be able to see it cause I'm at work.

Thanks in advance.

Sep 14, 2016 7:29 AM

Mar 2016
TehSnawn said:
I haven't seen it yet but does anyone know when the fillers end?

this arc ends in 5 more episodes
Sep 14, 2016 8:04 AM

May 2012
An alright episode. Pretty brutal chewing up all those people

We got to hear more of the ed and it sounded nice.

Sep 14, 2016 8:16 AM

Jul 2013
I enjoyed the episode. Hell, even Kinako was tolerable (his van voice was quite cool).

I'm starting to suspect that Sae is more related to Rokuro and Benio of what they believe. The scene when the captain reads their hands and says they have already a kid may look like a mere comedic moment, but I think that means more of what it looks...

I'm also glad the Basara woman survived, because her design was cool and she looked like a nice antagonist for the future. In fact, after seeing she escapes at the end and having the last episode with Suzu retiring instead of battle against the exorcists, I think this episodes will present the Basaras to later have them as a future group of antagonists, just like the Espadas of Bleach. Or at least, that is why I would like to happen.
Sep 14, 2016 8:44 AM

Aug 2012
Illyricus said:
I enjoyed the episode. Hell, even Kinako was tolerable (his van voice was quite cool).

thanks to that voice i realized it's Fukuyama Jun.
23 episode in and i did not noticed that. Lol.
Sep 14, 2016 8:55 AM

Jan 2015
I thought Kinako becoming a car. So he's just possessing it. LOL
So that's what the Title is about, being a mother. Even Benio need to learn how to deal with that critical situation.
Whoa, age-sensitive lady. Just like Tamako gran... I mean Tamako
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 14, 2016 9:00 AM

Sep 2013
Lulupus said:
TehSnawn said:
I haven't seen it yet but does anyone know when the fillers end?

this arc ends in 5 more episodes

Thanks my doodette. Much appreciated

Sep 14, 2016 9:07 AM

Jul 2013
GrayFT said:
Illyricus said:

thanks to that voice i realized it's Fukuyama Jun.
23 episode in and i did not noticed that. Lol.
Really? I think Fukuyama's voice is pretty recognizable. Oh, well, we all have those moments when we don't recognize the voice of a certain voice actor for x reason.
Sep 14, 2016 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
Kinako is possessing a car! That's quite cool!
Sep 14, 2016 10:14 AM

Sep 2015
That Basara killed the entire neighbourhood and nobody threw up or smth, incredible
Sep 14, 2016 10:15 AM

Sep 2014
Benio needs to go to How to be a Mom 101 class.
Sep 14, 2016 10:52 AM

Dec 2007
Great episode, but once again it was a Benio learing to be motherly episode, its was so easy for Rokuro to be a fatherish figure but Beni needs some classes as Goku posted above me

Sep 14, 2016 11:25 AM

Dec 2014
okay pretty good episode so far.... let's see what the girl's true identity is....
Sep 14, 2016 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
I think Sae is just going to be their daughter from the future or something so they don't have to animate the 'naughty' scene. I'm guessing around episode 42, Rokuro. Benio and everyone else will be grown up and the focus will be on Miko defeating the Kegare for good. I know this anime is getting 50 episodes but I seriously hope that there will be a second season
Sep 14, 2016 12:46 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very nice motherly moment with Benio and Sae.
Sep 14, 2016 1:50 PM
Feb 2008
Very nice episode. I hope that Sae is Rokuro and Benio child from the future. But after manga left a bit bitter taste in my mouth, I hope the anime will change it. But I think they will follow the manga with some small twists.
Sep 14, 2016 2:47 PM

Jan 2015
changelog_ said:
I think Sae is just going to be their daughter from the future or something so they don't have to animate the 'naughty' scene.
But was it actually shown in manga that they will have a daughter?
If no, then I don't think, that she is their child cause this would mean that this filler arc is altering the very flow of a plot of actuall manga by showing a kid that they didn't (yet) have.
Sep 14, 2016 5:38 PM
Feb 2010
Zinzoo said:
changelog_ said:
I think Sae is just going to be their daughter from the future or something so they don't have to animate the 'naughty' scene.
If no, then I don't think, that she is their child cause this would mean that this filler arc is altering the very flow of a plot of actuall manga by showing a kid that they didn't (yet) have.
You're saying this like they can't alter the story compared to the manga.

... Which is something they've done right off in the first episode.
Sep 14, 2016 11:55 PM

Apr 2015
Preview for next episode looked interesting

I also wonder what's gonna happen to that girl whose friend was eaten
bet it wouldn't be shown anyways though
Sep 15, 2016 8:21 AM
Oct 2015
Can anyone guide me why is this anime different from the manga? issit still another filler no jutsu?
Sep 15, 2016 9:12 AM

Sep 2013
Kinako the pro shikigami doing good work XD

Going to seal a dragon spot and we see some exorcists doing their work.
The big basara was fierce, looked like a hollow.
New basara named Moro looks abit underwhelming :(

Kiyomi looks and sounds like Subaru :)
Sep 15, 2016 11:27 AM
Apr 2016
Decent episode, I like Kinako van form more than his normal form.
That basara tho.
Sep 15, 2016 7:18 PM

Oct 2011
they do look like a family.
Another Basara omg
Sep 15, 2016 10:17 PM

May 2015
Kinako makes a cool car. Sae helping out was cliche, but it made for a very sweet moment for her and Benio. I miss that crazy pink haired Basara.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Sep 15, 2016 11:45 PM

Oct 2008
Rokuro, learn how to drive at least and not Kinako being the driver by possessing the RV!
okay, Basara's are increasing and we have a 3rd Basara named Moro.
never ending Ohagi is even infecting Sae-chan!
Another hot milf showed-up who has 2 older son & daughter and 1 new born!
Resonance defeats all! is there an enemy who could withstand their resonance!?
4/5.

Sep 17, 2016 12:52 PM

Apr 2015
I liked the pacing in this episode. Loved the bonding between Benio and Sae.

Nice episode.
Sep 17, 2016 1:45 PM

Jan 2015
Cetais said:
Zinzoo said:

Well they shouldn't because that would piss off fans who wanted to see their manga adaptated and instead they got to see that Rokuro and Benio have a daughter who they never had in manga.

I mean sure anime is not perfect but it follows the story of manga and doesn't change it dramatically. Adding a random daughter who never existed would be too much.
Sep 18, 2016 9:50 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So it seems that the dragon spot that they sealed last episode is not the only one and now they need to travel all over to seal them. Still its a good excuse to travel japan and see how other branches operate.

Sae is as adorable and cute as ever

And wow Kinako is now a car having possessed one. He's far more useful now than ever

Rokuro, Benio and Sae actually do look like a true family and i think its pretty cute

Benio encountering resentment from other exorcists because of her brother is to be expected considering how many people he has killed. Still its nice to see that she is able to deal with it in stride without Rokuro having to do anything rash.

I really like the commander the exocist branch that Benio and Rokuro go to help
Kiyomi is funny and brings some positivism to this battle that atm reeks of negativity

And the kagare this week certainly did look powerful being a basara after all
Combat this week was descent as always as was the animation

Overall a good episode where Sae is the heroine and not Benio or Rukoro for a change

I wonder who she really is

Im also loving this arc as its a nice change of pace for the cast and sae is just so damn adorable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2016 5:19 AM

Mar 2015
kiyomi reminds me a lot of that mother from Qualidea Code. In fact, i think they're both voiced by the same actress too (as of now, MAL doesn't list either of them so i don't know). they both resemble each others so much. both are commanders of a small group of people fighting different creatures in a world with red sky and both look so young even though they have a son and daughter that are in high school.
Sep 19, 2016 9:46 PM

Mar 2016
Zinzoo said:
Cetais said:

Well they shouldn't because that would piss off fans who wanted to see their manga adaptated and instead they got to see that Rokuro and Benio have a daughter who they never had in manga.

I mean sure anime is not perfect but it follows the story of manga and doesn't change it dramatically. Adding a random daughter who never existed would be too much.

I think the idea of Sae being Rokuro and Benio's actual child from the future is a bit of a red herring. It's what the writing wants you to think until later we find out that she's something completely different, like a kegare who lost its memories or something lol
Also it would be funny if Kuranashi was her "papa" and if his face resembled Rokuro's, which would explain why he's wearing a mask and why Sae would call Rokuro her "papa

I also feel like if Sae really was the miko, the impurities/basara would've realized it and tried harder to kill her so that she doesn't grow up to destroy them all....which they didn't do, so yeah...highly unlikely she's really Rokuro and Benio's kid.

Zinzoo said:
changelog_ said:
There was no daughter in the manga buuuut there was a bonus in volume 5 that had a doodle by the author of what the miko would look like, according to Rokuro's imagination...and that imagination was a girl (she looked nothing like Sae). Also, the author has a daughter himself so that'd probably be a factor that would sway him into making the miko a girl in the future.
LulupusSep 19, 2016 9:52 PM
Sep 19, 2016 9:57 PM

Mar 2016
changelog_ said:
I'm guessing around episode 42, Rokuro, Benio and everyone else will be grown up and the focus will be on Miko defeating the Kegare for good.

I don't think so. I feel like it should be pushing towards the idea that Rokuro, Benio, and their kid would end the war as a family, not only the miko.
Moreover, having the miko shoulder the responsibility of ending the war on their own while the adults cheer on the sidelines goes against everything Rokuro and Benio stood for.
Sep 20, 2016 4:19 AM

Dec 2012
A good episode with a family mood and for the first time, Kinako was tolerable !
Sep 20, 2016 7:41 AM

Oct 2012
MagnaMoon said:
Hmm, I'm quite curious of Sae's role in this... Is she their daughter from the future or something?!

Seems to be way to obvious storytelling. First part of the series was all about "..because we are onmyouji" ..after all it was annoyingly repeated multiple times and every argument and "deep" thought was ended with that same conclusion...i was at verge of dropping the series because it was obvious how the discussion will exactly end with what words "..because I/we are onmyouji" and surprised expression.

Now when they finally become onmyouji and "overcome" their issues...the plot required again something to make it more interesting, something to protect that will make them more stronger when hell breaks loose. Since they can't just suddenly out of "nowhere" and in the middle of fight add that they have already a baby...not interesting and doesn't make sense....so it's way more interesting to just "add" small 4-5 year old cute kid that will obviously be figure that will form child-parents relationship. Surprise , surprise conveniently one just pops out of nowhere...now they have a "daughter" - I'm not sure whose daughter she actually is or will be or what will happen.

Now we have family trial trio in place Benio - Rokuro - Sae, something to protect and make them stronger. My wild guess is that Sae will die / give life for her "parents". Quite possibly they might even kill her for some to "save" her reason, rather then become a monster and with that make Benio and Rokuro bond much stronger and ultimately family ready to have actual kid.

As i said..my wild guess. Didn't read manga so can't say what's exactly going on.
For me anime is around 6/10 now...if it continues as i am guessing then it will probably be 5/10...if not then 7/10.
Nov 24, 2016 2:37 PM

Sep 2015
The captain looks so young...

I hope that guy who hates Benio is grateful she saved him from getting turned to stone by the Basara. Wow Sae saved em :3
Nov 27, 2016 2:58 AM

Dec 2010
A decent episode, though I hate the sudden quality drops. The new version of the ED rocks.
Apr 12, 2017 1:47 AM

Aug 2016
Poor Sae chan getting yelled earlier

Set by SenpieX
Jul 27, 2017 6:13 AM

Mar 2015
The suspense behind who or what Sae is keeps me on my toes!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 29, 2018 12:55 PM
Nov 2018
I gave it a 4/5 because I was hoping Sae would call Benio mama at the end and have her tear up. But.... nothing. Slightly disappointed.
Jun 6, 2019 9:18 AM

Sep 2012
when she was reading their palms (strange u already have a child) 😂😂😂
Apr 23, 2020 8:04 PM
Apr 2020
MagnaMoon said:
She is a branch created by abe no seimei
Oct 16, 2020 6:44 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Definitely a filler with its only purpose to introduce another basara I guess

Ah yes mommy benio... that’s nice. still wish they’d be more consistent with the facial animation. Seems like she has a different face every scene

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 15, 2021 5:21 PM

Oct 2020
This was a good episode. I guess people are going to be wary of Benio because of Yuuto.
Apr 10, 9:39 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to TehSnawn
I haven't seen it yet but does anyone know when the fillers end? It's really hard to tell when without looking at the preview and won't be able to see it cause I'm at work.

Thanks in advance.
@TehSnawn

Feels like it still has awhile to drag on.

More topics from this board

» Help: Twin Star Exorcists Filler Episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - May 8

8 by Otaku_4511 »»
May 10, 5:25 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2016

49 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2016

67 by Sugram22 »»
Apr 15, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

84 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2016

99 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.