Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2016 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jack Atlas dueling...
Nice. But, it's missing the original OST. They should really give that back for the new series but whatever.

I guess the duel was decent but that ending gave me goosebumps lol
Sep 4, 2016 2:04 AM
Jun 2011
can anyone please explain me how BB created this castle? what cards he used to summon it?
Sep 4, 2016 2:52 AM
Dec 2011
Jack is the best duelist here and he is always a step ahead of his opponent, expected nothing less from him entering the duel.

Nice to see Battle Beast, Sanders and all of those students scared shitless of Jack and Scarlight.

What's with all of these new GB fusions Special Summoning other fusions directly from the Extra Deck, the gimmick is very annoying.

Also, Gongcat has a better monster effect in the anime than irl.

And BB is actually a wild sociopath who had no freedom or friends his whole life because of Sanders and the Academia. The moustache guy got what he deserved if you ask me.

elior1 said:
can anyone please explain me how BB created this castle? what cards he used to summon it?

Yeah, didn't get his Trap castle either, but it puts 2 Gladiator Beasts in those cannons to destroy a monster and deal damage, I suppose lol? I'll wait for the wiki on this one...

Next episode, BB wants to card Sanders but Yuya doesn't let him.

Red Dragon Archfiend Tyrant is there, and I also hope we see the Raging Tempest cover card next episode, you know, that slim looking crimson Odd-Eyes.

Because, you know, every time Yuya recovers from depression and/or shows some serious emotions, he either creates an entirely new monster or a new Odd-Eyes version.
Sep 4, 2016 4:08 AM

Sep 2011
A pretty good episode aye. Nothing new really happened though. Sanders keeps waving his whip all over and being proud & drooling over his "greatest experiment", Jack is still being badass like always and breaking the laws of gravity, and BB is truly Kachidoki v2 with both of 'em going on a murderous, berserk streak.

However the whole conversation with Yuya & Yuto talking 'bout the plot and Revival Zero was really interesting and the way they're slowly getting towards the answer to the mystery is great. Imo Arc-V knows how to create some good tension when concerning the whole RZ plot, 'cause I have feeling there's seriously more to it.

RukaliiniSep 4, 2016 1:10 PM
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Sep 4, 2016 7:47 AM
Dec 2011
elior1 said:

The effects of fort and the new GB fusion are out, and the assault fort has some pretty crazy efects
Sep 4, 2016 10:40 AM
Sep 2014
Can't say I care for the BB no matter how hard the writers try and convince me otherwise. I'm just curious at whether Yuri appearing in the next episode will be a flashback or not. He's been so irrelevant for so long that it won't surprise me if he ends up being an anticlimactic villain in the end.
Sep 4, 2016 5:41 PM
Feb 2016
Hopefully BB doesn't go EGAO on us, but man, I really want to know what's going on with him.

Really looking forward to next episode because of a certain favorite character of mine returning.
Sep 5, 2016 12:00 AM

Oct 2011
Jack Atlas omg ahhhh
Always one step ahead of his opponent.
Sanders got what he deserved
Sep 5, 2016 1:41 AM
Apr 2013
Battle Beast is kind of like Sergey in many ways.
Sep 5, 2016 2:55 AM
Dec 2011
Deathsaurus said:

Yes, personality-wise, their savagery, and them being controlled by certain individuals (Roger and Sanders), but I just always thought Barrett was the one most fitting to be a fusion counterpart to Sergey (age, hairstyle, build, and them missing an eye).

And a huge difference between BB and Sergey is that BB was just a kid who was trained in harsh ways by Sanders to become what he is now, while Sergey was a maniac and criminal all along, without anyone's assistance, and this was way before he ever met Roger.
Sep 5, 2016 3:04 AM

Feb 2013
Jack Atlas is awesome!
BB betrayed Academia, cool, I guess that Jack scared him too much.
Sep 5, 2016 9:18 AM

Jul 2016
I didn't quite get the effect of the Castle Trap, maybe it's because I wasn't paying enough attention or the effect itself is super complex, whatever.
That was a great ending though, holy crap I didn't expect that.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Sep 5, 2016 9:31 AM

Jul 2015
Gladiator Beast Assault Fort:

Activate this card when you take battle damage from an attack involving a "Gladiator Beast" monster. Destroy all cards you control, except "Gladiator Beast" cards. All other face-up "Gladiator Beast" cards in your Spell & Trap Zone become the Continuous Spell Card "Gladiator Beast Fort". (The original effects of those cards are negated.) Then, choose a number of "Gladiator Beast" monsters from your Deck equal to the number of "Gladiator Beast Fort" you control and place 1 of them underneath each "Gladiator Beast Fort". If this card is destroyed: You can destroy as many cards you control as possible, and if you do, activate 1 "Gladiator Beast Big Fort" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Continuous Spell Card "Gladiator Beast Fort"
Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 card underneath this card into the Deck; inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. Once per turn, if this card has no cards underneath it: You can place 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck underneath this card. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster you control, then activate 1 of these effects;
● If the targeted monster battles: It cannot be destroyed by that battle, also you take no battle damage from that battle.
● If the targeted monster is targeted by a card effect: It cannot be destroyed by that effect.

That's Numeron Network level OP there...
Sep 5, 2016 11:18 AM

Jul 2016
I don't know why, but I find this episode is quite boring for me... and that Gladiator Beast cards are quite overpowered in my opinion, well, that's just in the anime, maybe the real card have a different effect, but I don't know, I never look at it.
Sep 5, 2016 4:53 PM
Apr 2013
Shimmering-Sky said:
Hopefully BB doesn't go EGAO on us, but man, I really want to know what's going on with him.

Really looking forward to next episode because of a certain favorite character of mine returning.

Maybe he doesn't go smile or such, but I think his character will be better after Yuya and Jack defeat him later.

Tigardrenalin said:
Deathsaurus said:

Yes, personality-wise, their savagery, and them being controlled by certain individuals (Roger and Sanders), but I just always thought Barrett was the one most fitting to be a fusion counterpart to Sergey (age, hairstyle, build, and them missing an eye).

And a huge difference between BB and Sergey is that BB was just a kid who was trained in harsh ways by Sanders to become what he is now, while Sergey was a maniac and criminal all along, without anyone's assistance, and this was way before he ever met Roger.

Yup. Sergey is just a maniac who loves destruction, while BB is more understandable.

From the way BB is reacting to Sanders' order, I think the way he behaves and does things is his own way to cope with the pressure he receives. This is maybe similar with Yuya who decides to act clownish and stupid to cope with his father's disappearance and the insults he received from his peers for being the son of a "coward".

The huge difference is, unlike Yuya who has his mother and friends by his side, BB only has Sanders who always orders him around and gives him unnecessary pressures. I won't blame him for eventually behaving like a savage and then finally betrayed Sanders. He must be letting out all of his emotions that he had bottled for long times. Just like the phrase "you rip what you sow", Sanders got what he deserves.
Sep 6, 2016 2:46 AM

Jun 2013
Bill_the_Cat said:
Gladiator Beast Assault Fort:

Activate this card when you take battle damage from an attack involving a "Gladiator Beast" monster. Destroy all cards you control, except "Gladiator Beast" cards. All other face-up "Gladiator Beast" cards in your Spell & Trap Zone become the Continuous Spell Card "Gladiator Beast Fort". (The original effects of those cards are negated.) Then, choose a number of "Gladiator Beast" monsters from your Deck equal to the number of "Gladiator Beast Fort" you control and place 1 of them underneath each "Gladiator Beast Fort". If this card is destroyed: You can destroy as many cards you control as possible, and if you do, activate 1 "Gladiator Beast Big Fort" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Continuous Spell Card "Gladiator Beast Fort"
Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 card underneath this card into the Deck; inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. Once per turn, if this card has no cards underneath it: You can place 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck underneath this card. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster you control, then activate 1 of these effects;
● If the targeted monster battles: It cannot be destroyed by that battle, also you take no battle damage from that battle.
● If the targeted monster is targeted by a card effect: It cannot be destroyed by that effect.

That's Numeron Network level OP there...

Not counting that trap card(last effect i bold) change all other continuos trap become half-like XYZ cards
Sep 6, 2016 6:15 AM

Jul 2015
I think Jack is going to take advantage of the "Once per turn" limitation of the fortress cards and use a second battle sequence.
Sep 6, 2016 6:29 PM
Apr 2013
Spoiler for episode 123. Don't click the tag if you don't want to know.

Sep 6, 2016 10:09 PM
Jun 2011
Frost190 said:

i think it pretty obvious who will win
Sep 7, 2016 3:21 AM
Apr 2013
elior1 said:
Frost190 said:

Yup. I'll be surprised if there's someone who thinks otherwise.

More spoilers are out! Finally the plot is going to move forward!
Miya190Sep 7, 2016 5:03 AM
Sep 7, 2016 11:55 AM
Dec 2011
Frost190 said:
elior1 said:

Finally... and Leo also mentions a

I wonder who he is referring to... lol (sarcasm of course)
Sep 7, 2016 5:01 PM
Sep 2012
Okay what the hell happened here, what is going on with the Beast guy, Yuya suddenly acted like he found out something big, I don't know what to make of it.

Anyway Jack is on the scene to save the day, and he gets Sanders that he actually joins the duel and puts his money where is mouth is.

Jack is so upset of what happened to Crow, I wonder in the 5D fandom, was JackxCrow a big ship? Well regardless those shippers got a little bone handed to them.

So BB turns on hit master okay I guess the power of friendship reached this monster, but why Yuya is acting like he discovered something, the way they present it, it seems that BB is Yuzu? It can't be, makes no sense.

Next episode we will conclude this duel.
blfanSep 7, 2016 5:18 PM
Sep 7, 2016 5:37 PM
Mar 2014
Yay the return of Jacku Atarus wank. Just what I didn't need more. At least next episode is the end of these boring ass nobodies...for now at least.

Looking forward to the actually important stuff finally starting, but it feels like it's taken way too long to get here. If this is how Arc-V ends, I'll be disappointed.
Here comes the change
Sep 7, 2016 11:19 PM
Jun 2011
Tigardrenalin said:
Frost190 said:

what i going to say is not a spoiler it just my guess. i think that dualist is the evil thing inside the yuyas
Sep 8, 2016 7:50 AM

Sep 2011
blfan said:
So BB turns on hit master okay I guess the power of friendship reached this monster, but why Yuya is acting like he discovered something, the way they present it, it seems that BB is Yuzu? It can't be, makes no sense.

Are we watching the same show? :P nah actually he saw his past self in BB, not yuzu.
RukaliiniSep 8, 2016 10:26 AM
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Sep 8, 2016 2:09 PM
Dec 2011
elior1 said:
Tigardrenalin said:

what i going to say is not a spoiler it just my guess. i think that dualist is the evil thing inside the yuyas

I said ''sarcasm'' for a reason, because everyone would figure out who Leo is talking about.

And for some reason in episode 123, Yuri, presumably, based on the wiki, (Don't click unless you really want to!)

Oh, and Asuka (Again, don't click unless you really feel the urge!)

Also, Arc-V gets new opening and ending themes in October as some people said it would, called ''Pendulum Beat! (OP) and ''Dashing Pendulum'' (ED). I hope they don't disappoint like some songs did.
WithdrawnSep 8, 2016 2:30 PM
Sep 9, 2016 8:16 AM
Apr 2013
Tigardrenalin said:
elior1 said:

I said ''sarcasm'' for a reason, because everyone would figure out who Leo is talking about.

And for some reason in episode 123, Yuri, presumably, based on the wiki, (Don't click unless you really want to!)

Also, Arc-V gets new opening and ending themes in October as some people said it would, called ''Pendulum Beat! (OP) and ''Dashing Pendulum'' (ED). I hope they don't disappoint like some songs did.

Yuri...

From the title, the new OP and ED gives a happy or spirited feeling. Since these songs seems to be the final OP and ED for the series, I hope it won't be a disappointment like you said.
Sep 9, 2016 9:24 AM
Jun 2011
Frost190 said:
Tigardrenalin said:

Yuri...

From the title, the new OP and ED gives a happy or spirited feeling. Since these songs seems to be the final OP and ED for the series, I hope it won't be a disappointment like you said.
meybe he using more then just 1 deck and that why he going to do it
Sep 12, 2016 4:02 AM
Dec 2011
Frost190 said:
Tigardrenalin said:

It's just because the current opening is a downer, I mean look at "Burn", the second opening. And also because the same thing happened to Zexal... "Braving", its second opening was the best, and then came all those silly openings which didn't fit the series well, not to mention the anti-climatic final opening, "Wonder Wings". I did like "Dualism of Mirrors" though.

DM and GX had okayish theme songs, but 5D's had the coolest songs in my opinion, which perfectly fitted the serious style and tone of the series. Heck, 5D's even had 2 insert songs.

So, I really hope Arc-V's final opening will have the whole feel of a final battle happening, and that some of the darkest mysteries in the series are being unveiled.
Sep 12, 2016 4:08 AM
Apr 2013
Tigardrenalin said:
Frost190 said:

It's just because the current opening is a downer, I mean look at "Burn", the second opening. And also because the same thing happened to Zexal... "Braving", its second opening was the best, and then came all those silly openings which didn't fit the series well, not to mention the anti-climatic final opening, "Wonder Wings". I did like "Dualism of Mirrors" though.

DM and GX had okayish theme songs, but 5D's had the coolest songs in my opinion, which perfectly fitted the serious style and tone of the series. Heck, 5D's even had 2 insert songs.

So, I really hope Arc-V's final opening will have the whole feel of a final battle happening, and that some of the darkest mysteries in the series are being unveiled.

Just to be sure, when you said look at "Burn", the second opening, you mean it's good or bad?

"Braving" is the only OP song that I like in Zexal while the rest is not my taste. There are some scenes that I don't really like in "Braving" though, but overall it's a good OP.
Sep 12, 2016 4:44 AM
Dec 2011
Frost190 said:
Tigardrenalin said:

Just to be sure, when you said look at "Burn", the second opening, you mean it's good or bad?

"Braving" is the only OP song that I like in Zexal while the rest is not my taste. There are some scenes that I don't really like in "Braving" though, but overall it's a good OP.

"Burn" is the best for me, while "Hanate" and "Trump Card"are tied for the 2nd place, but only because I don't like the first and fifth openings.

And some the endings were good too, to be exact, "Future Fighters" and the current one, forgot its name. And also, "Boku Quest", "Challenge the Game" and "Zetsubou no Freesia" from Zexal. And I like almost all of the endings in 5D's "START", "Cross Game", etc. With only the third ending, forgot the name again, not being my taste for some reason

The footage and scenes may be bad in some cases, but the songs are still cool.
Mar 10, 2019 9:57 PM

Dec 2012
lol at BB flinch at Jack yelling at him.
BB with that sigh of relief.
The instructor himself has entered.
This guy really just dodged the attack?
BB used Editor to destroy itself?
Nani?
Dat betrayal!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 10, 2020 5:14 PM

Feb 2014
Ugh, Jack's japanese voice is so bad.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.