Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 4, 2016 1:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool, we finally get the long awaited Meliodas vs. Ban fight.
The fight was alright imo, wish they didn't shift between some scenes though. I like how Hawk is trying to give audience booze from the background lol

The funniest part of the fight is when Meliodas put his arm back on him after he ripped it off LOL. So priceless. Looks like they are still good friends.
Sep 4, 2016 1:29 AM

Nov 2007
Finally it's time for the main two in target battle. Oh, there's a rule for not kill each other in the group, that's why Sakamoto-san's character formed a space so that their fight do not affect others. Mamo's character is too touched in tear. The king saw something in the dream. Not just they are in battle, but also the guys who loves titan girl shows rivalry.

lol~ the little piggy is good at doing the business and made the two fight. But as expected, Fukuyama-san's character lost immediately. Suzuki-san's character stole the power of most of the people outside. It's amazing that pink hair guy is not affected, and Sakamoto-san's character knew about it. Both fought to their best and are tired. They are in good terms again after the fight.

Continuing with that guy again after ED. He seems to search for some flying creature.

About the two guys' love next.
tsubasaloverSep 4, 2016 2:26 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 4, 2016 6:49 AM

Sep 2014
Finally Nakaba confirmed it. All the Meliodas lovers can suck it now (not that I personally hate Meliodas as he is probably in my top 5 since the latest chapter). But I have been saying that Ban with Hunter Fest is ultimately more powerful than Meliodas is at this point in time, making him physically the strongest sin so far in the story (anime). He was even able to recover before Meliodas which is surprising in itself, and was equal in strenght with Meliodas by only gaining power from "a few" weak knights.
Sep 4, 2016 7:22 AM

Aug 2014
I wish I could watch it. I can't find one with subs though.
Sep 4, 2016 8:52 AM

Aug 2010
That was pure fanservice for us manga readers lol
So much fun.

I even enjoyed the derps XD The way the blood splashed during the fight was hilarious. The Oraora gatlings were lol and then King vs Hauser LMAO. Gil fanboying was funny too hahaha

Dem Elizabeth shots tho :L

Seeing FrauDreyfus at the end and how brutal he is and seeing the King's vision were nice set up points.
Sep 4, 2016 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
The fight between Ban and Meliodas was alright!

Lol @ King vs Hauser scene!
Sep 4, 2016 1:01 PM

Feb 2016
Hype for the next episode, the fight was allright, and those bloodshots lol hilarious

that fight of King tho, wasnt he going to figh in his big form? or maybe he wanted to make Diane feel bad for him (nice play)

Praise the guy who had Elizabeth in sight, he could see the glory in that point
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 4, 2016 1:21 PM

Aug 2014
Is the subbed version out yet? If it is, please link me. I can't find a sub...
Sep 4, 2016 1:46 PM

Jul 2015
All that in the beginning and the pink haired dude was like "that's 13℅" lmfao. Really beautiful fight on there. My boy Ban is definitely not an underling.
Sep 5, 2016 8:49 AM

Jun 2013
LOL!!!! XD Meliodas turned this into Fighting Festival! damn he made serious fight have humorist start!
ah....so not Meliodas! XD aw Jericho....after Ban! XD

Ah....So 7nT has rule about truly killing each other...not allowed...or others are allowed to stop that fight! XD

Meliodas versus Ban...Well not up to the Level of the Original fight in that place. And Howser vs King was just embarrassing
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Sep 5, 2016 1:11 PM
Apr 2014
I like how they're hyping up "Drefyus" doing you know what, there wasn't a build up to it like this in the manga.
Seven deadly sins rules? I don't remember reading that in the manga.
Animation still needs some work, it certainly looks a lot cleaner than S1 but still flawed.
Sep 5, 2016 4:39 PM

Dec 2012
Gotta have an audience when two Sins are fighting.
Meliodas vs Ban was cool.

LOL King vs Howzer. Well King still got Diane in the end.
Love seeing Merlin.

Meliodas & Ban's friendship is the best.
Dreyfus getting closer to finding that bird.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 6, 2016 5:53 AM
Jul 2018
Had a lot of fun watching episodes, more Merlin is always welcome. Hearing more of the seven rules was also interesting.

Drake1000 said:

Seven deadly sins rules? I don't remember reading that in the manga.

It was mentioned in chapter 39 when Meliodas fought Cain, only the third rule though: "A Sin shall ask no questions of another member's sin."
Sep 6, 2016 8:23 AM

Jul 2016
Definitely love the actions.

But what makes me curious is the ending and the crow,seems like new dark force is incoming after happy endings >;0

Life is empty without anime

Sep 6, 2016 5:46 PM

May 2008
Ban is one of the best characters erver! Meliodas is realy cool but... BAN <3
[aling=center]
Sep 6, 2016 7:43 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty entertaining episode for the most part, with Ban vs. Meliodas and King vs. Howzer (well that one was quite brief).

Dreyfus is still being shady with his schemes, and damn he's ruthless, killing that boy and his father after getting the info he wanted.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 6, 2016 8:08 PM
Nov 2015
A-1 you're drunk, go home.

They seriously can't animate for shit sometimes.

2/5

Just noticing how many great VA's voice the characters btw. Might be my favorite sounding cast next to Gintama and Baccano!
Sep 7, 2016 3:30 AM

Feb 2013
Gil was really excited,lol.
The fight wasn't that great, it was fun to watch though.
Sep 7, 2016 6:44 AM

Dec 2014
well the fight was awesome....
Sep 7, 2016 7:54 AM
Jan 2014
FalseProphets said:
Is the subbed version out yet? If it is, please link me. I can't find a sub...

yes it's out but I can't link you to it because that's against MAL's rules.
Just use google :l
Sep 7, 2016 10:42 AM

Oct 2011
Another Fighting Festival and Gilthunder Fan boy ing lol XD
Hauser vs King lol. omg dreyfuss killed those two noo
Sep 7, 2016 11:32 AM

Jul 2015
wtf were those animations hahahaha. why is this anime ova thing shit out there again ?...well i guess i will watch the other 2 episodes anyways.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Sep 7, 2016 12:26 PM

May 2015
Another really fun episode again. That was a crazy fight, lol. That ending, though. Talk about ruthless....

Sep 7, 2016 1:06 PM

May 2012
dicecop said:
Finally Nakaba confirmed it. All the Meliodas lovers can suck it now (not that I personally hate Meliodas as he is probably in my top 5 since the latest chapter). But I have been saying that Ban with Hunter Fest is ultimately more powerful than Meliodas is at this point in time, making him physically the strongest sin so far in the story (anime). He was even able to recover before Meliodas which is surprising in itself, and was equal in strenght with Meliodas by only gaining power from "a few" weak knights.

Meliodas didn't come even close to going all out and of course it's easier for an immortal to recover. If I recall correctly he has several demon forms and the one he took was only the generic one not to mention he didn't use full counter or anything while ban used his special abilities.
Sep 7, 2016 6:46 PM

Aug 2015
The Dakimakura part at the end hahahahhahaha xD
I thought King had some sort of hidden power to show when he was fighting Howzer as he looked really serious, but LOL It ended just like season 1 xD
Ara Ara~
Sep 8, 2016 3:41 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode, Meliodas vs Ban was fun to watch, Couldn't really consider it a serious fight but it was still cool. All that blood though, Ban was painting the cube. xD
Some of the fight animation looked a bit weird to me at times.

I find Merlin very attractive. :3

King's fight was pretty anti climatic.
That vision the king had was quite interesting.

That Diane body pillow during the PV for the next episode. XD
Sep 8, 2016 4:36 AM

Feb 2016
The fight really didn't feel at all impressive to me. The fight they had in the original had much more impact and was far better animated. This was like a tickle fight behind a smokescreen with lazy animation. They had to spend half the episode having other people tell us how impressive the fight was to get us to believe it.

At least King's fight was funny, as was the Diane body pillow scene during the PV.
Sep 8, 2016 9:01 AM

Jul 2014
That fight was pretty terrible, especially compared to their fights in the main series. Just felt like they were constantly taking shortcuts to avoid showing much of anything, and then had to spend loads of time on reactions to try and cover up how unimpressive it was.
Sep 8, 2016 6:39 PM

Dec 2013
The fight was meh. Too much ridiculous blood splatter and the animation was pretty lack luster.

Didn't care about King's fight either. Joke had already been done.
Sep 8, 2016 9:06 PM

Oct 2008
It was an awesome fight between Meliodas & Ban!
Howzer & King fought but without the spear of King, he's easily a weakling!
Jericho is so in love with Ban! sweet!
I feel like Dreyfus would be the next villain aside from the 10 commandments (and no! I don't know the spoliers and not reading the manga)
5/5!

Sep 9, 2016 6:11 AM

Jun 2013
the fight wasn't that amazing but i missed this so it was okay i guess
Sep 11, 2016 2:53 AM

May 2010
Good I guess... Wasn't bad.
Sep 12, 2016 12:48 AM

Jun 2013
Honestly this episode was pretty disappointing, the art and animation in particular was pretty shitty
Sep 12, 2016 9:50 PM

Sep 2015
They seemed to step up the blood don't remember the original on Netflix having this much blood. Animation was bad and the fight was very underwhelming. This mini-series cannot touch season one it seems. The Elizabeth shot as on point though!!!
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Sep 13, 2016 7:05 PM

Jan 2014
Me (referring to Dreyfus): Thank you for not killing them.
Me, three seconds later: And you fucking killed them.
Sep 22, 2016 7:09 PM

May 2014
Great fight between Ban and Meliodas. Somehow I got pissed and disappointed when I found out what that horn told Ban were a lie. I had my hopes up here that Elaine-chan would come back. That was very sad when I heard the truth :'( But I guess when you are dead you are dead.

Anyways, beside that I found the fight very interesting. And actually it was long enough. Longer and better than the fight in the actual series. The fight between King and Howzer were hilarious. That guy is really weak without his weapon.

LOL, the ending were a bit surprising. i guess they are giving us hint for season 2 (hopefully so). So Dreyfus is still alive after he turned to ash in the series. LOL I wonder what he is up to? ^^
Sep 24, 2016 10:23 AM

Jan 2014
Wtf where are exploding mountains, where is breaking ground? Where is the action NNT is so famous about?!?!?!?!?!?.. got hyped for nothing :(
Sep 24, 2016 6:39 PM

May 2012
Pretty intense fight if you ask me! Quite liked it actually, let's see what happens next!
Sep 30, 2016 1:27 PM

Aug 2010
The fight seems pretty mild for one between Meliodas and Ban lol >__< That scene at the end was nice, loving the friendship between Meliodas and Ban! XD I cant with the 180 deg change with Gil lol now he's even crying tears of joy XD (he's still cute though lol)

And all the Elizabeth fanservice in this series OTL

Curious about what the King's vision meant. Looks pretty ominous...and looks like it'll involve Elizabeth

Did Dreyfus kill the boy and his father or was it someone else who's following him? After re-watching that scene, it looks like Dreyfus was the one who killed them. Hmm he's beginning to look suspicious right now...

So the love triangle between King, Diane and Howser is happening for real huh o____O Also I'm really curious as to what happened/is happening between Gowther and Guila o____o
blue-ySep 30, 2016 1:31 PM
Oct 1, 2016 3:03 PM

Apr 2009
W-oaaaahhhhh!
that's some SERIOUS amount of blood Ban _xD!

So much blood _|D

ah- he murdered them _|D
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Oct 1, 2016 5:07 PM

Aug 2014
Lol At Jericho giving her two cents as if somebody actually gave a damn.

The fight started off great but then it gradually got worse...good going A-1 smh.
KashKetchumOct 1, 2016 6:32 PM
Oct 4, 2016 5:20 PM

Mar 2015
The action and animation in the fight scenes was great! Interesting to see that Ban and Meliodas appear to have worked things out
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 5, 2016 7:36 AM

Nov 2011
Overall, it has not much to offer, as follows almost the same narrative scheme of the previous one, except for one small difference, there is no fanservice, entertaining the final promo. Quality of the drawings, in the media, OP and ED catchy.
Oct 8, 2016 7:30 AM
Aug 2016
This.....the manga was so good......this.....this has not been....
Oct 9, 2016 12:47 AM

May 2016
The Ban vs Melodias fight was a little underwhelming, maybe because it wasn't that flashy compared to the other fights and there was no weapons and collateral damage involved. It was still fun to finally watch them duke it out. They splatter blood in the barrier like Splatoon xD

Howzer won the fight, but King won the lady~ Sometimes power isn't the most important thing. Their Diane body pillow contest was amusing to witness :3

Damn it, Dreyfus. Just when I thought you realize how much of the danger the sins are, you kill those innocent peeps.

I want to be behind tired Elizabeth while she's bending over *-*

Oct 23, 2016 6:14 AM

Jul 2009
Howzer fighting for Diane! <3
Nov 1, 2016 1:26 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The combat was bloody, but boring... the same of a combat of two friends!!!

Small clues that indicate the future of a new season ;)
Nov 5, 2016 12:16 AM

Sep 2015
Hauser vs King fight tho lol (poor King at first when he lost physically, but poor Hauser when Diane came and cheered up King). The crowd all like fell back cause of Hauser holding a King who was trying to punch Hauser.

Cute how Ban took everyone's strength away with his power and Gowther was hoping Gulia Princess carry style.
Nov 23, 2016 5:35 AM

Jul 2013
Meliodas and Ban's fight looked a lot like a fight from DBZ.

Hehe Hawk took advantage of the situation and sold ale. He's so adorable :)
Jan 31, 2017 9:03 AM

Jan 2014
how did Dreyfus still alive after being turned to ash?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

95 by GearheadOtaku »»
Jan 27, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

89 by GearheadOtaku »»
Jan 26, 11:51 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

112 by ToTheGyz »»
Jul 20, 2023 4:52 AM

» Only 4 ep why? What is this?

BestBoiEren - Mar 28, 2016

21 by gayanimeboi »»
Mar 25, 2020 5:14 PM

» Hawks on Arby's Twitter

JayHairston - Jul 18, 2017

0 by JayHairston »»
Jul 18, 2017 1:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.