Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 3, 2016 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was an alright episode, wish they didn't recap though as they used quite bit of footage from the previous episodes.

Akira has the most intimidating presence out of all competitors imo from that three way match. However, I did like how they focused a little more background story (8 years ago) including her history with Jun. Grats to Akira on the win. Souma and Ryou did pretty well too though imo.
Stark700Sep 3, 2016 7:22 AM
Sep 3, 2016 7:32 AM

Jun 2009
Mehhh, Hayama. But Ryo is even more annoying so I guess it's ok.
I like how they mentioned the idea of 'cooking the way only you can cook'.
This episode seemed too short for some reason.
Sep 3, 2016 7:34 AM
Aug 2015
meeeh, 10mins of recap 10mins of new ep, dont really feels great but the next episode might be cewl, btw what is the stagiaire?
Sep 3, 2016 7:37 AM

May 2012
HeicPy said:
meeeh, 10mins of recap 10mins of new ep, dont really feels great but the next episode might be cewl, btw what is the stagiaire?

stagiaire means intern so probably an internship or something
dandan alpha XBOX gamer and anime lover 4 life
Sep 3, 2016 7:42 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well just like I said when I first read the manga, I always felt Hayama was probably the best chef out of the three of them stylistically especially in terms of uniqueness so I was pretty happy with this outcome. Felt the most believable to me at least (plus the MC always winning everything because #plotarmor in competitive anime/manga is pretty lame)
Sep 3, 2016 7:43 AM

Nov 2012
aw, souma didn't win, oh well. i guess it was kind of obvious he wouldn't win on his first try.
i'm curious what the stagiare will be~
Sep 3, 2016 7:46 AM
Mar 2016
Not even surprised soma lost. When he presented his dish even with the porridge it was underwhelming and I could just feel he'd lose. The other two had more of an impact honestly. Oh well. (I was hoping for him to win in the back of my mind though)
Sep 3, 2016 7:54 AM

Aug 2015
Exciting episode. Akiras backstory was quite touching but his relationship with Yukihira and Ryo was really fun to watch.
Sep 3, 2016 7:57 AM

Jan 2012
Too bad, the one I don't like won. :(

3 episodes for the Stagiaire arc...that enough?
Sep 3, 2016 7:59 AM

Jun 2016
only 3 eps left almost feel nothing big will happen
Scream!
Sep 3, 2016 8:00 AM

Jan 2015
It's only fair Hayama won, Souma's soy milk wasn't as creative. The last bit with the taste testing was so fun to watch, and I absolutely loved the phone call with Joichiro the show needs much more of him.

Two things I'm definetly excited about is the Signature Style of Cooking that was mentioned in this episode, and that this will be what Souma will pursue from now on. Secondly the Stagiaire, could be a good opportunity to introduce some new chefs.
A-list_96Sep 3, 2016 8:09 AM
Sep 3, 2016 8:03 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
animefan8800 said:

It was like 12 chapters in the manga so they'll have to do 4 chapters per episode if so. Might be doable but it'll be kinda rushed
Sep 3, 2016 8:04 AM
Jun 2013
soma was bound to lose eventually but we all know how the main character is lol. great episode glad none of them were sore losers except for scary red bandana boy
Sep 3, 2016 8:05 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, Souma lost. :((( While I always appreciate the protagonists learning their losses and moving forward I still really wanted Souma to win. XD

They actually dealt with the reasoning behind why the crowd never acknowledges Souma and that was quite interesting as well, To not accept him simply because doing so would mean putting themselves down.
I really loved what Isshiki and his Dad in the flashback said about Souma. Souma might not be a genius cook but he certainly does work harder than everyone else and never lets himself be intimidated against overwhelming talent. The strength to accept and move forward no matter the odds, Well said Souma's Dad.

Hayama's flashback was nice, Always nice to see the relationship between him and Jun.

Ryo and Souma hanging out at Hayama's place and asking for comparisons was funny. xD

Souma's quest to find his own style of cooking, The Stagiaire should prove very interesting.
Lelouch0202Sep 3, 2016 8:08 AM
Sep 3, 2016 8:08 AM
Jun 2016
Even though i got spoiled the outcome, i must say i'am glad how it turned out.
Will be interesting to see to what conclusion will Souma come when searching for it.
As always great episode.
Sep 3, 2016 8:10 AM

Jan 2014
I actually getting tired of MC being weak. and when I found out this anime and the MC always win but not with his dad, I got the feeling that this anime/manga would be interesting.
this match is an exceptional for me as I look that Souma need some development to master his speciality, and I glad Souma didn't look so depressing even though he's trying so hard to compare the dish.
Sep 3, 2016 8:12 AM

Jan 2012
HaXXspetten said:
animefan8800 said:

It was like 12 chapters in the manga so they'll have to do 4 chapters per episode if so. Might be doable but it'll be kinda rushed

So pretty much like the rest of the season then...sigh...
Sep 3, 2016 8:20 AM

Apr 2014
I was pretty disappointed that Soma didn't win, but I'm satisfied with the outcome nonetheless

You can't win them all

Sep 3, 2016 8:21 AM

May 2010
haha that going bare chested part cracked me up :D

Guess i gonna start reading the manga soon cause only 3 eps left and no clue if we get another season or not.
Sep 3, 2016 8:22 AM

Oct 2014
lol this is because Hayama has a woman to cook for, Ryo has Alice but he doesn't love her yet. Yukihira needs to pick himself a woman as well and he's got plenty of options to choose from so he should hurry it up.
It would probably be best if that woman was Erina even though I like Nikumi and Megumin more.
Sep 3, 2016 8:24 AM

Jul 2014
So the dishes were equally good, but because Akira has limited himself to only being able to do a specific kind of cooking, he wins? For being the worst chef? Okay.
Sep 3, 2016 8:39 AM
May 2016
Fuck Hayama, I feel like the chef who reflect his speciality in his dish was Ryo, thousand time more than Hayama. I was hoping:

1.Ryo
2.Soma
3.Hayama

Well, At least Soma didnt cry or something like that, i was waiting for it, specially when hi was talking with his father.

So 3 episodes for a entire Arc? manga readers, is this going to be fast pace as hell?
Sep 3, 2016 8:40 AM

Jan 2015
Akira's flashback, Souma "learn" something from his defeat and his dad's sudden call. This episode is so amazing.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 3, 2016 8:43 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sokah said:
So the dishes were equally good, but because Akira has limited himself to only being able to do a specific kind of cooking, he wins? For being the worst chef? Okay.
It's about being able to cook something that no one else would be able to do on the same level
Sep 3, 2016 9:04 AM

Nov 2013
I'm surprised at how many dislike Hayama. As Gin said, his arrogance is basicly a way to push himself. I like how he's a lot less sure of himself than he seems.
I feel that conflicted characters are too often 'broken' people. Hayama is way more realistic in that regard.

In fact, the way people see themselfs is kinda a running theme in this show. You can only grow by pushing yourself.

Three episodes left huh..
With 'The Stagiaire' they probably mean an internship. They'll likely set the arc up in the next few episodes, but I think the full arc wil have to wait untill the next season.
Too much salt can ruin even the best of meals.
Sep 3, 2016 9:08 AM
May 2014
Not bad episode, if rushed.
But 3 eps stagiaire(pardon the spelling if wrong) is gonna destroy what was to me one of the best parts of the manga :'( 15 episodes please. :'(
Sep 3, 2016 9:24 AM
Jul 2015
I liked it.

Didn't throw an unreasonable curveball as to why Hayama won/soma lost.

Even in the real world, cooking with your own unique specialty and making it taste superior to other dishes, is pretty standard to a good chef.

I liked how Soma didn't reach a peak in his skills yet. I hope he figures out soon that the answer to his lack of specialty is the lack of anyone to dedicate it to. Competitive nature (ex: Soma v Jinchiro, Ryo vs Alice) can only get you so far, and its what Hayama has (ex: Hayama x Jun) that really drive him to be stronger.

WHEN WILL ERINA ACKNOWLEDGE SOMA SO HE CAN BECOME EVEN BETTER

Lucis_ said:
Erina on Eleonora's lap = very cute

Alice*
Sep 3, 2016 9:25 AM
Oct 2010
Who's bright idea was that to put the flashback before Hayama's name was called? Simply switching the order of him being announced and the flashback would have made way more sense. Felt like the director dropped the ball there.
Sep 3, 2016 9:30 AM

Mar 2012
It's no surprise Hayama won because he already has a woman to cook for just as Jouichirou stated about his secret earlier. Souma was fighting for himself and has yet to realize that he needs to find the right woman (Erina) to dedicate his cooking to in order become a better chef.

I'm very excited to see my favorite arc finally getting animated next week.

Credit to Hihanteki
Sep 3, 2016 9:32 AM

Dec 2011
That ends the election. Let's look forward to Stagiaire now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2016 9:36 AM
Apr 2014
Woman to cook for + Speciality = gg Hayama, he's also obviously a tier above the other 2 with his spices mastery, it's good that Soma doesn't win all the time.
I like how they showed Erina there when Joichirou was talking, perhaps a very subtle foreshadowing of what's to come.
Sep 3, 2016 9:37 AM

Aug 2015
Doesn't Soma already have Erina to cook for? All this time he wants to get into the elite 10 to beat Erina-sama and show her the D.....ishes he can make.
Anyways, great episode 10/10.

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Sep 3, 2016 9:39 AM
Apr 2014
Can't say I like the result. But it was obvious it was either him or Souma.

I'm curious what they'll do now. 3 episodes left. Hopefully it's not just random SoL >.> As much as I enjoy that it'd be a disappointing season final.
Sep 3, 2016 9:43 AM

May 2013
Fck Hayama, arrogant pos. Even tho it's cliché that the MC has to win, I still wanted Soma to win. :(
Soma's father is such a troll. :D
Sep 3, 2016 9:45 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The hate for Hayama is so laughable lol

All three of the contestants deserved to win whether you haters like it or not so for me personally, I'm not even mad at this result

Congrats to Hayama for achieving total victory....You did a great job buddy!
Sep 3, 2016 9:58 AM

Jun 2015
Crap, out of all 3 of them, it had to be my least favorite >:( I hope he cheated or something so Souma can win
Sep 3, 2016 10:01 AM

May 2013
So how did you guys like this episode of Shokugeki no Hayama?
Sep 3, 2016 10:07 AM

Aug 2014
Congratulations to the three finalist who get into the finals, and a special congrats to Hayama who have won the Autumn Main Tournament!! ^.^
Besides Kyou-kun and Souma-kun had finish it in second, both of them don't feel down of their lost.. They keep on gauge their motivations and studying their plates. I feel it's amazing, cause since they didn't show their looser's face to Hayama!
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Sep 3, 2016 10:10 AM
Nov 2015
Not a bad episode, I'm looking forward to the Stagiare arc. Three episodes seems really tight though, I was hoping to see
Sep 3, 2016 10:16 AM
Nov 2015
EVERYONE though Souma was going to win, myself included, I'm so glad the series manages to rid itself of plot armor. Loved the arc, but this episode in particular felt a little meh. I actually really liked the part where the three of them where testing Hayama's food, maybe that was just a temporary thing, but I wish we got to see them together more.

3/5
Sep 3, 2016 10:17 AM

Dec 2011
Great episode and good pace.I don't remember the talk between Isshiki and Eizan in the manga..
Anyway too bad Souma lose but it is something necessary for him to develop nore especially during the next arc which i can't wait.
Sep 3, 2016 10:21 AM
Jul 2014
The Stagiaire sounds interesting, might read the manga after this season is over.
Sep 3, 2016 10:24 AM

Jun 2014
It's kind of nice that Souma lost, it would be frustrating and boring to see the MC win all the time because of MC reasons. I'm glad to see that Souma is still in good spirits though, and he's using this loss as a way to help himself improve as a cook.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 3, 2016 10:30 AM

Jul 2013
Cannot say I was surprised seeing Hayama's winning after all the hints about him being the most advanced of the three and after that flashback.

I liked the result, however, since Hayama is my favourite character and this time the plot armor of Souma was broken. Was refreshing to see the MC not winning for once.
It's also was interesting because that way Souma has finally found someone who is above him and can develop the motivation he needs to improve.

Btw, did anyone notice Isshiki talked with Souma's father in his usual apron without wearing nothing? What a man.
And, talking about Souma's father, the scene when he mocks Souma for losing was hillarious xD

I liked how the three finalists has became some short of buddies. Now they will do an stagiare period... Probably the last three episodes will treat about that.

Mimasaka watching Hayama's victory this time with a(n apparent) non malicious smile makes me happy. Wonder if he will appear in this season later.
Sep 3, 2016 10:36 AM

Apr 2015
It's raining salt

Damn 3 episodes left, they have to skip the full detail
about how Akira met Jun in some slum

But I'm more worried about how they are
going to tie the knot for this season especially
Stagiaire Arc is quite big

Sep 3, 2016 10:38 AM

Jul 2016
with everything they've been doing with Hayama, i'm not surprised at all that he won. i did feel that Soma was gonna break down or something or beat himself up over it more, but i'm glad at how he didn't do that :P

seriously tho, there's only 3 episodes left and they introduce this new stagiare thing. wonder what they'll be doing with that ._.
Sep 3, 2016 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
Cannot say I was surprised seeing Hayama's winning after all the hints about him being the most advanced of the three and after that flashback.

I liked the result, however, since Hayama is my favourite character and this time the plot armor of Souma was broken. Was refreshing to see the MC not winning for once.
It's also was interesting because that way Souma has finally found someone who is above him and can develop the motivation he needs to improve.

Btw, did anyone notice Isshiki talked with Souma's father in his usual apron without wearing nothing? What a man.
And, talking about Souma's father, the scene when he mocks Souma for losing was hillarious xD

I liked how the three finalists has became some short of buddies. Now they will do an stagiare period... Probably the last three episodes will treat about that.

Mimasaka watching Hayama's victory this time with a(n apparent) non malicious smile makes me happy. Wonder if he will appear in this season later.

I always thought that it was apron senpai's signature style? Nvm

>three buddies

Heh well........... I will just say what gin said to hayama "your talent will bare the fangs for you".

Anyway Stagaire was one of my fav arc, just hope it won't be too rushed. I am also hyped for the last ep for a certain someone to show up.

Also lol at the hate towards hayama, his natural talent with his style, his motivation to be at the top earns him the prize and puts him above the rest, rightfully so.

Abt whether mimasaka will appear this season

Sep 3, 2016 10:41 AM

Sep 2013
Mah boy Hayama wins and all is right with the world :)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sokah said:

>equal
>hayama is worst
>bashing the specialty

Your tears are delicious Souma fanboy XD XD
Sep 3, 2016 10:43 AM

Nov 2014
Man that was a good episode. What a final round.
Soma you tried but you can't win everything.

Hi there
Sep 3, 2016 10:45 AM

Oct 2015
MattUzumaki said:
Fck Hayama, arrogant pos. Even tho it's cliché that the MC has to win, I still wanted Soma to win. :(
Soma's father is such a troll. :D

I don't think its cliché. That the MC loses to elevate the moment he finaly wins is something that happens quite a lot, and in a sport anime for example it's the real ciché.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

152 by j2ez2 »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

363 by eeniemewie »»
Oct 10, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

235 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

141 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

155 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.