Forum Settings
Forums

Manga should have continued into second year at least. Plenty of material yet to cover.

New
Sep 1, 2016 10:33 PM
Jan 2011
The ending of the manga was way too abrupt and left too many things unresolved. This series focused on each member of the GoM and their defeat at the hands of Seirin. The reason for their defeat was because they didn't work with their team and thought working alone was the best way to win. I'm really interested to find out how much the members of GoM will grow in a years time and how they will compete with Seirin in the next year's Inter High and Winter Cup. Perhaps things won't go as smooth for Seirin in the next year's competitions and the battle will be even fiercer. I feel the potential is there for so much more and I'm really disappointed that the author choose to end this manga here.

What do you guys think? Did the manga ending leave you satisfied?
Oct 14, 2016 7:14 AM

Sep 2013
Most of the time when the ending is rushed and left many things unresolved, it was most likely axed by the magazine.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Nov 23, 2016 11:38 AM

Nov 2014
eien_kiseki said:
The ending of the manga was way too abrupt and left too many things unresolved. This series focused on each member of the GoM and their defeat at the hands of Seirin. The reason for their defeat was because they didn't work with their team and thought working alone was the best way to win. I'm really interested to find out how much the members of GoM will grow in a years time and how they will compete with Seirin in the next year's Inter High and Winter Cup. Perhaps things won't go as smooth for Seirin in the next year's competitions and the battle will be even fiercer. I feel the potential is there for so much more and I'm really disappointed that the author choose to end this manga here.

What do you guys think? Did the manga ending leave you satisfied?
While what you're saying are true, but the things is it would be felt repetitive.. Not to mention for Kise, Midorima, and Aomine, they have faced Seirin 2 times so i thought the 3rd match would be a bit too much IMO.. I think the series are finish just because Seirin already capable to beat the whole GoM teams (which also pretty much happen in most sport anime) and there's no need to reach even further, especially if Seirin end up as the winner one more time (made them lost their "surprising team" vibes).. Anyway, if you're interested, there's a manga called KnB : Extra Game which basically give us the chance to see all GoM members + Kuroko & Kagami to play together..

@Xynic : While i don't have any evidence myself, i don't think KnB get cancelled, given that even until 2014 (the year it's end).. It's basically the #3 most sales manga in Japan (Only lost to One Piece and SnK), so i doubt it..
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Chapter 13 Discussion

Faust721 - Mar 15, 2009

5 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 10, 2023 10:55 AM

» Top 5 "Generation of Miracles" ( 1 2 )

Fumito - Sep 4, 2012

72 by weraaa »»
Mar 27, 2023 12:12 PM

» Kuroko no basket team maker

nikz200 - Nov 4, 2014

6 by LEYODD192 »»
Sep 25, 2022 12:22 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torrible - Aug 27, 2014

72 by Kitsu-nee »»
Mar 8, 2022 4:21 PM

» Will Kuroko ever enter the zone?

okomiyaki - May 11, 2013

19 by Melih_Atas »»
Oct 21, 2018 4:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.