Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 1, 2016 1:44 AM

Jun 2008
Illya's yuri harem MUST be saved at all costs!!!

I'm with Kuro...FUCK THE WORLD!

Another amazing episode....easily the best Season of Loli/Fate and quite frankly the overwhelming favorite right now for my AOTY.
Sep 1, 2016 2:17 AM

Aug 2010
Aurioch said:

By the way, happy b-day Astro!

Thanks, Auri :D

Fai said:

Please stop spreading that highschooler level of phrasing. There are enough memes already.

This shouldn't be directed at me. It should be directed at those who use the phrase unironically.
Sep 1, 2016 3:45 AM
Jul 2011
Aurioch said:

Only serious complaint I have is that Silver Link omitted Illya's most badass line from the manga:
"It's okay to be righteous and save the world, but it's okay to be selfish and save just one person too. Neither of them are the wrong choice. That's why I'm going to save both. It's just the natural thing to do!"
While it technically doesn't change much, it adds more to Illya's character and her reasoning and explains why her Answer is the best one.

It's possible they will add that line in start of next episode, I really hope they do. In the manga she did also say the line we got here in the anime, but then the start of next chapter has the one you mentioned. Definitely hope we get it as a lot of Illya's best lines have been cut so far, which is a real shame.
Sep 1, 2016 5:10 AM

Jun 2013
So the world is running out of magic and some weird particle is taking its place which is killing everything. The explanation of mana and these circuit thingies was pretty neat. The Ainsworths want to use the Grail to wish for the humans to be able to survive this kind of world. They can't use a magic using thing to create more magic so that's what they've decided. And Illya is forced to decide – she either saves Miyu and lets everyone die or lets Miyu die and save everyone. Poor loli has to make such a big decision.

And Kuro shows up basically saying "I couldn't care less about this world so f*** it. I'm taking Miyu home." Angelica was caught off guard by Kuro's arrival but Kuro couldn't do much. Angelica was probably wary of her because of UBW. Had Kuro unleashed UBW she could have stood a better chance against Angelica's Gate of Babylon. Speaking of that gate, just what has Gilgamesh stored in there? Angelica just pulled out a big ass wing like thing which burns away everything. What the neko was that thing? What was Gilgamesh anyway?

And I really fell for that trick by Illya when she saved Kuro. I really thought that Illya was hit and then she will be healed later on with Gil or Bazette coming for backup to save her or something (I was kinda expecting Gil or Bazette to show up at some point because Kuro was here so they should be nearby too. Unless they're on a different mission here). But then it turned out that Illya was the Fate/Zero Hassan assassin so naturally she has that decoy ability. Speaking of assassin, just where did Illya hide that card? It makes zero sense. Illya, after having her mind sent to the stuffed animal, had her clothes changed by Erica and/or Angelica. Having her clothes changed means that if she had the card hidden under her clothes it would have been revealed or if the card was in her clothes she would have lost it. Unless she hid the card in her panties, it really doesn't make sense how she got the card. She could have swiped it from her clothes in Erica's room but they didn't show that even though they show small things like Tanaka peeking at Kuro and Illya kissing on the roof. But whatever. At least we got to see cute assassin Illya. Now to wait for berserker Illya.

Darius turns out to be an even more terrible person. Stop spanking that loli's butt dammit! He should be killed by Gilgamesh's Ea. That would teach him a lesson.

Kuro is doing what Emiya Kiritsugu did. Kiritsugu wanted to save everyone but couldn't and then came to realize that you can't save everyone. In this Fate/world, Kiritsugu decided to not try and save everyone since it would probably only end up in despair and he goes for the option of saving his daughter, Illya. Kuro has decided to do the same here and isn't planning on saving everyone but is only going to save Miyu. Illya on the other hand, is Kiritsugu's daughter so she has that "I'll save everyone" thing in her which is why she is planning on saving everyone. She doesn't know how she'll accomplish that, but that's what she has decided. Kuro will obviously support Illya's decision and it works for Miyu too so why not. Bazette will also support Illya and Gil obviously only cares about getting himself back.

Now we'll have to see what role Tanaka and those behind her play. They are against the Ainsworths and whatever they're doing so obviously they have an alternate plan to save the world and/or its inhabitants. Based on this explanation, Tanaka might seem like the bad guy and she can't defend her stance because she doesn't remember anything other than "kill the Ainsworths" just like Eren only knew "kill the titans".
Sep 1, 2016 5:19 AM

Mar 2015
Fleckens said:
Aurioch said:

Only serious complaint I have is that Silver Link omitted Illya's most badass line from the manga:
"It's okay to be righteous and save the world, but it's okay to be selfish and save just one person too. Neither of them are the wrong choice. That's why I'm going to save both. It's just the natural thing to do!"
While it technically doesn't change much, it adds more to Illya's character and her reasoning and explains why her Answer is the best one.

It's possible they will add that line in start of next episode, I really hope they do. In the manga she did also say the line we got here in the anime, but then the start of next chapter has the one you mentioned. Definitely hope we get it as a lot of Illya's best lines have been cut so far, which is a real shame.

I really hope so because that part was one of my faves and honestly one of Illya's best moments.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2016 5:24 AM
Jul 2014
Loli abuse. This is the sign of a truly evil character.

Illya's decision is exactly as expected. I'm not confident it'll work out, this being a Fate universe; but it's also a Mahou Shoujo universe, so that increases the odds significantly... We can but hope.
Sep 1, 2016 6:06 AM

Jan 2011
That ED feels like it'd be more appropriate for after a reunion.
Sep 1, 2016 7:19 AM

Nov 2010
Fai said:
astroprogs said:

Yeeeeaaaaah, foolish indeed...

But it is.
The only reason it worked in UBW was because it was Shirou and not somebody GIl would take seriously.
Serious Gil would ROFLSTOMP ubw in seconds. EA, countless of noble phantasms serving various purposes(literally making him able to asspull anything), not to mention divine constructs shirou can't trace or break with an equal(since he has no conceptual equal).

To add to this, it's been shown that Angelica is on guard against Archer card, which is obvious by her usage of Flash Air to protect herself. It's not on the level of being serious, but she does know of the danger, therefore not wanting to take risk.
Comparing to that,
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Sep 1, 2016 9:10 AM

May 2013
Fai said:
A "liner" is a human existence that transcends the norm. A Servant, a Ghost Liner, is a human soul powered by heroic spirit history, A Kaleid Liner, is a human being infused with Second Magic. And So on. Aisnworth goal is to turn humanity into the kind of liners that could adapt and survive in the dead world, outliving Gaia.

I highly doubt there is enough mana to do that to every human being on Miyu's earth, therefore my opinion stands that if the Ainsworth's triump humanity would be zombified (or worse).
Sep 1, 2016 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
Now this is where I got so much enjoyment out of the series. I mean I still liked it but I didn't thought it was the best (I still prefer UBW) but my god this episode was going off the charts for my end. Next week just looks fucking hype man though. xD
Sep 1, 2016 10:08 AM
Apr 2013
I really got to ask, as someone who read the manga.

WHERE did Illya hide the Assassin card again?
Sep 1, 2016 10:26 AM

Jul 2007
mangamuscle said:
Fai said:
A "liner" is a human existence that transcends the norm. A Servant, a Ghost Liner, is a human soul powered by heroic spirit history, A Kaleid Liner, is a human being infused with Second Magic. And So on. Aisnworth goal is to turn humanity into the kind of liners that could adapt and survive in the dead world, outliving Gaia.

I highly doubt there is enough mana to do that to every human being on Miyu's earth, therefore my opinion stands that if the Ainsworth's triump humanity would be zombified (or worse).

They only need enough mana to complete the ritual.
Sep 1, 2016 11:13 AM

May 2016
The moment when Kuro was talking about Kiritsugu was epic in my opinion

Sep 1, 2016 11:24 AM

Apr 2010
albertrojas said:

Sep 1, 2016 2:47 PM

May 2013
Fai said:
mangamuscle said:

Yeah, this is a different world where the Einzbern's are not part of the holy grail war, so the ritual would be a piece of cake since the grail has not been corrupted and oozes dark ichor ... (looks at preview).
Sep 1, 2016 6:37 PM

Oct 2008
That was an excellent decision of Illya! save both Miyu & that other world.
hmmm, but that might be too hard.
props to the nice cameo of Kiritsugu!
4/5.

Sep 1, 2016 9:15 PM

Jun 2012
for some reason I though this season was going to be 10 episodes but MAL says it's 12. Is the next episode the last or is there going to be 3 more?
Sep 1, 2016 9:25 PM

Sep 2011
Spout so amazing yet doesn't know how to make it happen, well, it's totally nothing new but to be honest I'm getting tired of that cliche.

Sep 1, 2016 9:30 PM

May 2013
Tennouji said:
Spout so amazing yet doesn't know how to make it happen, well, it's totally nothing new but to be honest I'm getting tired of that cliche.

Illya (no matter what iteration) has never been the brainy type of character, besides it would have "ass-pull" written all over if she had said how to fix everything spouting some magic babble.
Sep 2, 2016 1:18 AM

Jul 2007
mangamuscle said:
Fai said:

Yeah, this is a different world where the Einzbern's are not part of the holy grail war, so the ritual would be a piece of cake since the grail has not been corrupted and oozes dark ichor ... (looks at preview).

Actually yes, IT IS a different grail ritual that has been already established.
Sep 2, 2016 12:26 PM
Jun 2013
antonn said:
albertrojas said:

Well, a card is about the only thing that could be logically hid there ... but wait: this is a loli yuri mahou shoujo series, IT'S NEVER THAT LOGICAL!! :)
Sep 2, 2016 8:10 PM

Dec 2009
Yep, this is a fanservice series indeed. Damn though, that was a dense episode.

antonn said:
albertrojas said:
Hahaha! That's awesome.

lfhoule said:
Well, a card is about the only thing that could be logically hid there ... but wait: this is a loli yuri mahou shoujo series, IT'S NEVER THAT LOGICAL!! :)
What the hell are you talking about? Most of the prime mahou shoujo series, like Lyrical Nanoha, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Madoka Magica, are incredibly logical. They just have a tendency to love sensational speeches and other silly stuff that complies logically with the irrationality of emotions.
GenesisAriaSep 2, 2016 8:27 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 2, 2016 8:33 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Kuro is going Emiya HF, while Illya is going Emiya UBW!!

Nice to see all the connection between original fates illya that likes to put people's souls on dolls too.
Sep 3, 2016 12:20 AM

May 2010
Playcool said:

Don't you mean Illya is going Emiya Fate?
OneMoreSep 3, 2016 12:48 AM
Sep 3, 2016 12:24 AM

Jun 2008
OneMore said:
Playcool said:

Oh god noooo!

If Illya says one more Emiya-esque phrase I'm gonna be scared...
Sep 3, 2016 12:50 AM

May 2010
Actually, I'd like to withdraw that statement. I got UBW Emiya and Archer's beliefs confused. It's indeed UBW Emiya.
Sep 3, 2016 12:54 AM

Apr 2010
JustALEX said:
OneMore said:

Oh god noooo!

If Illya says one more Emiya-esque phrase I'm gonna be scared...

Well they are siblings after all.
Sep 3, 2016 1:35 AM

Sep 2013
Illya just turn into female alpha. but man, I really can't wait for next episode. the hype!!!
Sep 3, 2016 3:46 AM

Jul 2007
Playcool said:

Nice to see all the connection between original fates illya that likes to put people's souls on dolls too.

That not Emiya UBW.. That's Emiya Fate.

Fate way is to try to save Both no matter what.

Emiya UBW would be actually presenting a possible solution and if that solution does not works, accepting that you can't do anything there.

Right now it is still Emiya Fate way
Sep 3, 2016 5:46 AM

Dec 2012
I would too choose the person over the world. If it's a bunch of people I don't care about, who gives a fuck? A world saving contraption like that should not exist anyway.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Sep 3, 2016 1:36 PM

Mar 2014
It's a shame that they always make Hassan Assassin seem so weak compared to the other heroic spirits.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 3, 2016 4:36 PM

Nov 2010
So-Intense said:
It's a shame that they always make Hassan Assassin seem so weak compared to the other heroic spirits.

It's because... he is. Assassin class is for killing Masters, not fighting other Servants. It's rather that some other Assassins are too strong for their class.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Sep 3, 2016 5:10 PM

Jul 2007
So-Intense said:

As Aurioch already said Assassin class is meant for killing enemy masters, not for facing the other servants. They are meant to be skilled in assassination. Not in combat.

Every Class is good at something and bad at something else. And rightly so all the times Illya used Assassin card was more to trick the opponents than to engage in fight.
AhenshihaelSep 4, 2016 3:35 AM
Sep 3, 2016 7:14 PM

Oct 2011
Omg kiritsugu ahhhh
Going to save them both
Sep 4, 2016 8:15 AM

Aug 2010
fluffy_maus said:

Also, the weight and impact of that dilemma is highly tied to the maturity of the person facing it:
Kiritsugu (adult): Sugoi!
Shirou (teen): Meh.
Ilya (loli): *rolleyes*

I... honestly can't see the logic behind this view. Characterization is key, not whatever the age of the character is.

Also,
fluffy_maus said:
Plus seeing Gil's potential makes Shirou's plot armor look so friggin' ridiculous...

Huh?
Sep 4, 2016 11:18 AM

Aug 2010
fluffy_maus said:
astroprogs said:

I... honestly can't see the logic behind this view. Characterization is key, not whatever the age of the character is.

Age shapes character. Kiritsugu

Confronting a character like him with such a dilemma is fascinating and interesting. A 10yr(?) old loli couldn't possibly have this kind of mindset and mental level, regardless of what kind of backstory you pull outta your ass for her, therefore it isn't in any form clever/interesting/intriguing/whatever.

Age doesn't necessarily shape character, no. About Kiritsugu,

Shirou, despite being far less experienced than his father, was actually smarter, as he figured out how absurd the whole thing is even after he was made aware of the Holy Grail. The three routes actually explored the dilemma in four different realities and came up with four different results. That change in events which reflects the change of perspective in Shirou, is the result of his characterization and how dynamic it was.

Going back to Illya, her characterization is actually very similar to Kiritsugu's if you really look at it They both have a one track mind. The past is merely a backdrop, since we know what both would choose in that situation with 100% accuracy anyway. To those character, there was no dilemma. The dilemma was only for the viewer to chew on.

Sep 4, 2016 12:50 PM

Jul 2009
fluffy_maus said:
astroprogs said:
Shirou, despite being far less experienced than his father, was actually smarter [...]

Shirou and smart. That's fucking hilarious! Cause the one thing he barely ever used was brainz, common sense or logic. Typical shonen MC w/ some heavy mental trauma as an extra.

I'm done.
Believe it or not, Shirou does actually use his "brainz" when he takes on his opponents, something which none of the anime featuring him so far has made the effort of portraying. Hell, one of heroic spirit EMIYA's crucial skill (Eye of the Mind) is based on combat logic, his ability to calmly analyse the situation and predict his enemy's movements and attacks ahead of time. It's something that he developed through tenacious training and combat experience to the point where he can actually use it effectively against real heroic spirits.
Sep 4, 2016 1:18 PM

Nov 2010
fluffy_maus said:
astroprogs said:
Shirou, despite being far less experienced than his father, was actually smarter [...]

Shirou and smart. That's fucking hilarious! Cause the one thing he barely ever used was brainz, common sense or logic. Typical shonen MC w/ some heavy mental trauma as an extra.

I'm done.

Let me guess.

You watched only Ufo UBW?
astroprogs said:

Not air.
Sep 5, 2016 8:16 AM

Mar 2013
Inori_is_love said:
That was amazing. I love the fact that Illya inherited her fathers ideals. This is the first time in any of the Fate series that I've really felt like she was Kiritsugu's daughter. Oh man now I want to see a badass grown up Illya.
Actually I'd prefer if she stayed a loli forever but eh

Hmm... Actually I did me several times asked myself: "Why Illya-chan in Fate/Stay Night still the appearance of a 10~12 year child has?" Because if you F/Z watched have, then you'll from the first ep. find out that she 8 years before of the 4th Holy Grail War born is. She should actually then in the same age and size be like Rin and Shirou in Fate/Stay Night. 8 years till start of Holy Grail War and 10 year later till to 5th Holy Grail War, where already Rin and Shirou been grown up are. She is then 18 year old along with the both.

Though, my theory is: that her body imperfect is - I mean she had the body of a 10~12 year child, but her attitude is from a adult - So to see, she is a lilliputian.

Edit: This time was again perfect, I did really enjoyed!
Sep 5, 2016 11:35 PM

Apr 2010
Tenryuu1 said:
Inori_is_love said:
That was amazing. I love the fact that Illya inherited her fathers ideals. This is the first time in any of the Fate series that I've really felt like she was Kiritsugu's daughter. Oh man now I want to see a badass grown up Illya.

Hmm... Actually I did me several times asked myself: "Why Illya-chan in Fate/Stay Night still the appearance of a 10~12 year child has?" Because if you F/Z watched have, then you'll from the first ep. find out that she 8 years before of the 4th Holy Grail War born is. She should actually then in the same age and size be like Rin and Shirou in Fate/Stay Night. 8 years till start of Holy Grail War and 10 year later till to 5th Holy Grail War, where already Rin and Shirou been grown up are. She is then 18 year old along with the both.

Though, my theory is: that her body imperfect is - I mean she had the body of a 10~12 year child, but her attitude is from a adult - So to see, she is a lilliputian.

No need to theory, it's been explained why Illya looks the way she does in FSN, and it's not so kind as simply being naturally small.
Sep 6, 2016 12:44 AM

Jul 2007
Tenryuu1 said:
Inori_is_love said:

Edit: This time was again perfect, I did really enjoyed!

Its explained in FSN, which is kind of what should be seen/read before FZ so by the time of watching FZ its already known on why she is the way she is.

Illya in Prisma Illya is same age, although it is implied that in Prisma Illya's version of Fate Zero events, where Kiritsugu and Irisviel abandoned the war(and most likely killed off Einsberns), Irisviel did something to "reset" Illya biologically before she sealed away the genetic memories. It is unknown what lifespan she has here because she does seem to retain her grail functions and during her fight against Gilgamesh last season, she did activate/modify her body into circuits the same way Illya in FSN would have it
AhenshihaelSep 6, 2016 12:48 AM
Sep 6, 2016 10:13 AM

Mar 2013
antonn said:

No need to theory, it's been explained why Illya looks the way she does in FSN, and it's not so kind as simply being naturally small.
Fai said:

Its explained in FSN, which is kind of what should be seen/read before FZ so by the time of watching FZ its already known on why she is the way she is.

Illya in Prisma Illya is same age, although it is implied that in Prisma Illya's version of Fate Zero events, where Kiritsugu and Irisviel abandoned the war(and most likely killed off Einsberns), Irisviel did something to "reset" Illya biologically before she sealed away the genetic memories. It is unknown what lifespan she has here because she does seem to retain her grail functions and during her fight against Gilgamesh last season, she did activate/modify her body into circuits the same way Illya in FSN would have it

Ah, I see...

But in F/SN are Shirou and Rin in their last year of the highschool (3rd year). You should know the Japanese-school-system: 6-3-3-4 - And Rin and Shirou are in the pre-last of this system (3-3). Where then together 12 year are gone since their first year of their elementary school till to their last year of their highschool, and Shirou and Rin was sure 6 year old as they the elementary school entered had. - Short said: They're 18 year old in F/SN (2004).

Sep 17, 2016 4:28 AM

Nov 2011
Quite addictive combat, but fortunately after all that time spent understand what he Illya, quite obvious in some ways, there was also room to advance the story, albeit slightly. It's cute new ending, drawings and animations more than good quality. Fortunately, in the next few episodes, there is no longer a situation of so prolonged stalemate. ;)
Nov 3, 2016 9:19 PM

Nov 2013
I feel sorry for Erica, growing up with an abusive father and such weirdoes.

Angelica pissed me off this episode, she's constantly talking about sacrifice, when she doesn't even know what being human means.

Also, saving humanity this way is kind of pointless. Even if they succeed, it won't be humanity any longer.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 17, 2017 11:30 AM

Sep 2011
Wow powerful episode!
Dec 23, 2017 11:01 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode. I like how Chloe tied it what Kiritsugu originally wanted to be. At the end, we all know what happened on Fate Zero. And why you can't save everyone at all, as much as you try hard.

Can't wait to see more fights!!!!
Apr 20, 2018 12:55 PM

Apr 2013
The conclusion was pretty obvious, I mean saving the world and Miyu. Only choice for a protagonist really.
While I do like Angelica somehow, I still wanna see adult Gilgamesh kick her ass xD
Sep 13, 2018 11:20 AM
May 2017
Incredible battle. With this episode I can conclude that I need a assassin kigurumi.
May 23, 2019 2:35 AM

Dec 2012
Naked Miyu.
Changing organisms that can survive in the new world?
Illya as Assassin.
Kuro saved Illya.
Luvia oppai.
Erika getting spanked. lol
Darius spanking dat ass.
Miyu booty.
Kuro got magic cylinder'd.
Kuro is down.
Illya!!!!
Illya used Zabaniya.
Illya will save Miyu and the world.
Miyu nipple!
Dat ending.

Nice ED song.

If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 23, 2019 4:03 AM

Dec 2018
Well that's an unusual wish, commonly people will wish to cure the environmental disease not to change the human, lol.

So now Illya has the same way of thinking as the Naive Shirou. While Kuro is just being
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

255 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 7, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2016

128 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2016

68 by The_Void_State_ »»
Mar 9, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2016

101 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2016

85 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.