Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 27, 2016 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was lewd
Of course, Kagari's lack of common sense brings her to the baths with Tennouji..such a priceless moment imo. I bet BDs will remove the censors.

The fighting was okay when Tennouji was fighting but I didn't really expect high quality content considering it's 8-bit adapting this.
I'm also starting to like Kagari more after his episode. Such a weird yet amusing girl. Glad to see her and Kotori's relationship improve more.

Aug 27, 2016 9:07 AM

Sep 2014
Well, if there's one thing the anime goes right is that Kagari is very likeable and best girl. Although why do Tensho have to add fanservice? I thought this was supposed to be a serious route.

We get more Kotori, which I guess ends her spotlight.

They showed the dragon Gaia uses! AND it's NOT CG! Amazing 8bit...

Hopefully, we'll get Gaia backstory next episode. Akane/Chihaya will probably get the spotlight next.
Aug 27, 2016 9:29 AM

Mar 2016
Liked Kotori CrannMor remix. Really great
Aug 27, 2016 9:29 AM
Jul 2012
This was a pretty bad episode but it set up for the next episode which I'm expecting to be really good.

I wouldn't be surprised if episode 10-13 was all good.
Aug 27, 2016 9:37 AM

Jan 2015
Yoshing's act like cool person... failed. LOL
So Kotori really can see Kagari.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 27, 2016 10:02 AM

Jan 2012
Good episode. Kagari remains adorable and we learned tons on best-girl Kotori. That ominous ending concerns me though. I don't like those monster summoning creeps or that damn butler! >:(
Aug 27, 2016 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
I personally like the episode. There was a bit of worry warting in the entire fanservice thing that I saw in the PV, but my assumption was right at the end of the day where it was taken into context.

Aside from the CGI Treemen which while I didn't got a total eye sore from it, I thought it was fine in the scenario it was, just because of the darkening color at night time fits,, but its a bit still due to the movements which are rather clumsy and weird (unless its intentional to be clumsy). I really liked the backgrounds of the Base though, of course I had a different imagery of it, but I do like how it looks for real.

We're already set up with the conflict of the series after this episode, and of course the foreshadowing does pay off a bit (The Kotori seeing Kagari foreshadowing).

Some pretty decent Yoshino moments here, as well with some pretty good Kotori moments. Comedy was solid for my end as well. The problem I have with the episode is the art which, pretty much doesn't look too good at far frames for the character designs, but again, the schedule Aniplex gave for the staff causes time constrains (I mentioned this too many times tbh... eh).

Plus: Kagari is actually becoming more likeable for me compared to the Visual Novel, and omg I love the scene when she grabbed Kotori's hands and talks to her xD I love it. Based Kagari.

Though that ending was pretty nice :x and damn it no Kagari Visual ED song, I love the storyboarding from there... ;w; It makes me cry. Oh well, I will probably see it again next week? Probably. But next week it's probably the fight.

A note that um, I think when Lucia and Kotarou talked, Kagari turned invisible, and can only be seen from Kotarou's end xD
Aug 27, 2016 10:10 AM
Jul 2016
Nice chapter, the pacing is better now (obviously since they rushed the common route).

As expected of an anime with harem vibes, the fan service was a must grrrr, it's just that if all those Kagari-chan fan service seconds were used on common route for Yoshino...

Also, I don't get why there is so much hate for CGs, the monsters looks more like fantasy in CG than in a drawn picture.
Aug 27, 2016 10:15 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The fanservice shots felt pretty unnecessary but whatever. Interesting way of reusing Kotori's route content in this manner of fashion, but it still felt like something was lacking, idk

Not a bad episode, but not that great either

Still have a hard time getting used to seeing Kagari so totally out of character though lol
Aug 27, 2016 10:16 AM

Aug 2010
YOOO!! This ep was so damn good!!! Lots of plot reveals. And the comedy with Kagari was awesome. Kotori's scenes were <3

Hadaka Kagari and Kotarou's Kagari no ecchi was so damn hilarious. And her thinking the stalkers are fans and need Fanservice lol the net really corrupted her hahaha. Then her getting addicted to FeeCo and causing a scene in public even buying it online LMAO
And finally So non casually saying "thnx for the help u may leave now" to Kotarou hahaha. She's adorable.

YOSHINO!! The king! Yoshing is such a nice nickname and he was BOSS being all chuuni as usual

Chibimoth REKTing bitches left and right was awesome

Sakuya at the end was HYPE! AND TREX HYPU!!

Best for last...Kotori being so much <3 And they actually showed the accident and her rejection too. That should make people like Kotarou even more. He actually confessed to her before. Unlike so many MCs who r in love with their osananajimis.
Aug 27, 2016 10:18 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode, Quite a bit of info on the world.
Kagari and her addiction to caffeine xD

Yoshino MVP again. XD
Chibi Moth used rollout :o

So Kotori is a Druid, Interesting. Everyone wants to save the planet, Just that the methods are different.

That Koutarou flashback was very intriguing, He confessed to Kotori right? When exactly did that happen? Sad that he got rejected, Wonder why Kotori rejected him. After hearing Kotori's story I'm really interested in Koutarou's background as well. He seems to have lapses in his memory.

It's a dinosaur :D, It looks really cool as well.
Aug 27, 2016 10:21 AM
Jul 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Pretty good episode, Quite a bit of info on the world.
Kagari and her addiction to caffeine xD

Yoshino MVP again. XD
Chibi Moth used rollout :o

So Kotori is a Druid, Interesting. Everyone wants to save the planet, Just that the methods are different.

That Koutarou flashback was very intriguing, He confessed to Kotori right? When exactly did that happen? After hearing Kotori's story I'm really interested in Koutarou's background as well. He seems to have lapses in his memory.

It's a dinosaur :D, It looks really cool as well.

Kagari-chan addiction, I can relate to that, I get similar symptoms when I am lacking that godly drink.

The confession happened before entering high school looking at their uniforms, more than that is spoiler.
Aug 27, 2016 10:21 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Kotori's part was the best definitely. I don't actually care about Guardian and Gaia much, Kotori and Kagari need to be protected anyways.

Sakuya's appearance felt hype this time, is he gonna do something?
Aug 27, 2016 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
We had learned who Kotori really is. Everyone wants to save the planet!
Aug 27, 2016 10:47 AM

Jul 2016
Kotori's CG Forest hurt </3

At the end I also felt like we heard how the Kagari VN version actually sounds like (somehow gloomy or something)
*under construction*
Aug 27, 2016 10:48 AM
Jul 2016
That's it for kotori......I actually watch the episode tbh I really hate to admit it but it was OK not great but ok....the reason I watched it though was well kotori is my favorite heroine and honestly kotori is the real reason I love the VN. PS I'm not going to continue with this anime I already dropped the anime so yeah. PSS I was in a hurry when I wrote this.
Aug 27, 2016 11:05 AM

Jun 2014
We finally got some information about Kotori's past and why she's in that little forest place.

This anime has been rather boring up to this point, so with that reveal at the end, I'm hoping the remainder of this anime will be better.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 27, 2016 11:31 AM

Apr 2015
It was kind of expected that Kagari would be the Key though

But Pani and Gil... After getting the chance to saved they still betrayed Kotarou
Aug 27, 2016 11:52 AM

Oct 2014
Ever since Kagari started talking I've been enjoying this anime, before that I was just watching it because the premise was somewhat interesting and I'd heard good things about it.
Aug 27, 2016 11:58 AM
May 2016
Kagari was fun to watch with her mocking to Kotarou. Yoshing at his coolest, the gang admires him. Glad to know how the monsters are form, Kotori makes monsters by using the energy of the earth, then there's Gaia creating a dino-like monster using energy from people.
Aug 27, 2016 12:16 PM

Jul 2013
As a VN reader, I absolutely love this direction they're going in.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Aug 27, 2016 12:21 PM

Jan 2015
Why is Gaia creating the E.Dragon just now? Isn't he a old/ancient familiar/monster?
Aug 27, 2016 12:28 PM
Jul 2016
Arikado- said:
Why is Gaia creating the E.Dragon just now? Isn't he a old/ancient familiar/monster?

That first line also counts as spoiler, a small one but spoiler nonetheless.

Aug 27, 2016 12:40 PM

Dec 2014
Every episode I watch of this I keep thinking to myself:

"I feel like I should hate this more than I actually do."

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this show is really that good. At best I can call it "okay", but I'm tolerating it a lot more than several people in the online anime communities seem to.
Aug 27, 2016 12:50 PM

Jan 2015
JanusVonMaria said:
Arikado- said:

That first line also counts as spoiler, a small one but spoiler nonetheless.

Oh That makes sense,

well, we can't see things like this in the VN.
Arikado-Aug 27, 2016 1:00 PM
Aug 27, 2016 1:23 PM
Aug 2016
I've never done the VN, so while I like the direction of the plot, I can't say I understand the enthusiasm everyone else is portraying.

That being said, the characters are amazing. Kagari's definitely my favourite, and next is Chibi-moth. I mean, come on Kotori, that's not much of a disguise XD

The pacing of the plot is confusing. There was so much happening story-wise in the Shizuru and Lucia episodes, and now the latest two episodes have dulled to a crawl. It almost feels like a slice-of-life now. It's really not a satisfying feeling, having the story change gears like this for a 13-episode series.
Aug 27, 2016 1:46 PM

May 2015
That ending was so ominous. Hopefully things will get really good. As for this episode, it was enjoyable. Though, I'm not sure about the unnecessary fanservice.

Aug 27, 2016 1:50 PM

Aug 2016
Burger-Meister said:
Every episode I watch of this I keep thinking to myself:

"I feel like I should hate this more than I actually do."

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this show is really that good. At best I can call it "okay", but I'm tolerating it a lot more than several people in the online anime communities seem to.

The adaptation IS pretty bad, but it's not entirely unbearable because there are a few details and concepts we're still hanging ourselves onto that still keep my Saturdays busy, but I really have 0 expectations for the ending.
This episode was good, though, despite the fanservice (Kotarou's legs... hmm...). We get info on Kotori, Kagari, and Imamiya

Midou (blonde guy) on the other hand, seems crazier than before. Can't say I liked the interaction with Kagari, he just got outsmarted before he could use Fuego, one of the strongest familiars IMO, behind a certain two (that dinosaur in the end is one of them).
Speaking about that, don't get your hopes up. That scene was VERY well-drawn and awesome, they nailed it, but it will definitely be CG in action.
OST in this episode was pretty good, some original arranges of known songs (Kotori) and ones I haven't even heard before (when Yoshino appeared).

Overall... I'd say a 7.5/10 episode. Could've been done a little better and some scenes could've been discarded (Midou), but the few things I didn't expect much from were pretty good.
Aug 27, 2016 1:55 PM
Mar 2016
Looks like while Kotori wants to keep her forest and Kagari safe from prying eyes they seem to have forgotten those 2 wash-out chibi monster from informing about their hide-out.
Aug 27, 2016 2:02 PM

Aug 2014
And there is Kotori's background. I wonder whether we'll be getting Akane, Chihaya and Sakuya's now? Well atleast things are getting quite a bit more interesting now. Also wtf is with neither Imamiya nor Lucia getting suspicious about those floating ribbons?
Aug 27, 2016 2:19 PM

Jun 2013
Good direction using all the characters that were important in each route to fill out a similar role from their faction. I'm guessing they are mixing Kotori's, Chihaya's and Akane's end routes and still using a chunk of Terra (or maybe moon). I can see it happening but now theres this large momentum in the series in episode 9 that worries me for the rest of the 4 episodes. Still wished they stretched it out to a split cour.
Aug 27, 2016 2:46 PM

Jun 2015
Very nice episode, except for the unnecessary fanservice and the CG. The dinosaur looked cool though.
Aug 27, 2016 2:51 PM

Feb 2015
Eh, this episode was just OK. It felt like very little happened despite the fact that technically quite a lot happened. Things that should have come across as significant like Kotori's other world and the developments with Gaia and Guardian really seemed... Insignificant. They aren't spending enough time on things and I still don't feel like I properly understand what is going on.
Aug 27, 2016 3:08 PM

Feb 2016
Luke72 said:
Eh, this episode was just OK. It felt like very little happened despite the fact that technically quite a lot happened. Things that should have come across as significant like Kotori's other world and the developments with Gaia and Guardian really seemed... Insignificant. They aren't spending enough time on things and I still don't feel like I properly understand what is going on.

Theres not enough time to wiv aniplex poor schedule, they can only tell the basucs with a few advanced points, this felt more of a build up to next ep as u can see both sides getting ready for the fight.

Aug 27, 2016 3:09 PM

Feb 2016
Snappynator said:
And there is Kotori's background. I wonder whether we'll be getting Akane, Chihaya and Sakuya's now? Well atleast things are getting quite a bit more interesting now. Also wtf is with neither Imamiya nor Lucia getting suspicious about those floating ribbons?

Kagari probably hid those to the public apart from kotarou since no one saw them.
Yes she can do that as stated in episode 8.

Aug 27, 2016 3:16 PM

Feb 2016
GimmeDatDonut said:
I've never done the VN, so while I like the direction of the plot, I can't say I understand the enthusiasm everyone else is portraying.

That being said, the characters are amazing. Kagari's definitely my favourite, and next is Chibi-moth. I mean, come on Kotori, that's not much of a disguise XD

The pacing of the plot is confusing. There was so much happening story-wise in the Shizuru and Lucia episodes, and now the latest two episodes have dulled to a crawl. It almost feels like a slice-of-life now. It's really not a satisfying feeling, having the story change gears like this for a 13-episode series.

It original content now but you know the basic gaia vs guardian by now, gaia batshit crazy people who want salvation and guardian want to stop it but there methods are violent and cruel, then you got neither which is the right option to not kill the key or start salvation but to give kagari good memories wivout destroying the world, if gaia and guardian stop then salvation wont happen at all and kagari wont die. A bit spoiler there but nothing major and its mostly gone through this very briefly.

Aug 27, 2016 3:22 PM
Jul 2016
Yourlolm said:
Snappynator said:

Kagari probably hid those to the public apart from kotarou since no one saw them.
Yes she can do that as stated in episode 8.

Thanks, that was bothering me a lot, way more than dual aurora wielding like a certain route from the VN.
Aug 27, 2016 4:23 PM

Feb 2016
So, to sum it all up there are two ancient organizations Guardian and Gaia.
Kotori is a defense force as a druid for the KEY, that being Kagari who can freely destroy or save the world with power gained directly from Earth's life force itself.
Koutarou seems to be caught up in all that just because he became friends with 2 of each organization's members but I believe he has direct connection with what is going on since he seems to have some memory holes.
Thats a quick summary i found for those who dont understand.

Aug 27, 2016 4:41 PM

Jul 2016
GimmeDatDonut said:

That's mostly because the first 7 episodes were just a rushed re-cap of the common route of the VN (which was essentially pure slice-of-life, with a few mysterious events that foreshadowed what the actually story was about). Things have slowed down a bit now that they're finally into the anime-original part of the story.
Aug 27, 2016 4:55 PM
May 2015
Ok, I have to admit. This episode was really good and I love this episode. The pacing is a lot better, though it's still not upto my expectations. Kagari was hilarious and she's now my 2nd best girl. Lucia is still my 1st best girl though. CGI looks pretty nice and Kotori's reveal surprised me.

5/5
My first 5/5 score for this series. I can't believe I'm saying this but I absolutely cannot wait for next week's episode

Aug 27, 2016 5:23 PM

Jul 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Wonder why Kotori rejected him. After hearing Kotori's story I'm really interested in Koutarou's background as well. He seems to have lapses in his memory.

That's a somewhat difficult question to answer. There are several fairly complicated reasons. I'd love to explain, as it would also clear up a lot of other confusing things for the anime-only watchers like his missing memories, and why Kagari was attracted to him in the beginning, but it would be so spoiler heavy that I don't think the spoiler tag would be a strong enough warning.
Aug 27, 2016 5:33 PM

Dec 2013
Things are finally picking up now. Especially with that ending.

Finally confirming that Kagari is the key which is great to see.

Sakuya going to visit Kotarou is pretty hype. Can't wait to see their little confrontation.

Kagari is still amazing lol
Aug 27, 2016 5:53 PM

Oct 2011
whatn!!!! A dragon omg!!!!!
Aug 27, 2016 5:55 PM

May 2016
This chapter was neiher good nor bad. It was ok
THIS COULD CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS
Pros:
-Kagari
-kotori's long-sleeve t-shirt (Stegosaurus, Misuzu! )
-Music
-The reason of the rainbow swamp's existence
-Earth Dragon (I hope they can animate him well, Ive seen some animations of it before and they made him really slow and not so good at fighting, this thing is supposed to be Gaia's trump card!)

Cons:
-Imamiya (He is supposed to be stronger and smarter!)
-Lucia talking about Gaia in front of Kagari, wtf! (That's not what Guardian members do!)
-HorribleSubs translation! (monsters? Practitioners?)
Aug 27, 2016 6:00 PM

Jul 2016
lucascba93 said:

I said the same thing in the episode 8 discussion. However, a few people pointed out that monster/monster user is actually a more accurate (literal) translation than the familiar/summoner wording that they used in the VN.
Aug 27, 2016 6:02 PM
Jul 2016
lucascba93 said:

魔物使い = Mamono tsukai = Monster user.
魔物 = Mamono = Monster.

If I heard things right, in Rewrite they call familiars mamono and summoners mamono tsukai.
Aug 27, 2016 6:09 PM

May 2016
seeker_moc said:
lucascba93 said:

I said the same thing in the episode 8 discussion. However, a few people pointed out that monster/monster user is actually a more accurate (literal) translation than the familiar/summoner wording that they used in the VN.

We'll see what is right and wrong with Rewrite+
And Im positive that its going to be familiar/summoner
Aug 27, 2016 6:11 PM

Sep 2015
Into the Internet!
Aug 27, 2016 6:18 PM
Jul 2016
Kotarou will do a boss rush to protect the Key.

Not a spoiler since this is just a wild guess.
Aug 27, 2016 6:59 PM
Jul 2012
I hope everyone dies in this anime original route.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

294 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

167 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2016

329 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.