Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 27, 2016 4:47 PM

Dec 2009
Mich666 said:
Looking back it's real shame we had to watch through about 5-6 episodes that were bad carbon copy of previous Love Live to finally get to this point.
It most certainly was not a carbon copy. It was a well applied reboot to sail the winds created by the previous installment. t wasn't lazily made that way, it was done on purpose to align with the fanbase, while still remaining fresh and independent.

I was watching it really closely at the beginning, hoping it didn't go down the route The Idolm@ster did with Cinderella Girls: trying to feed off the fist creation, but missed all of the factors that actually made the previous good. In this case, we have Love Live Sunshine, perfectly replicating the environment, feel, joys, and smiles that we got from the first Love Live, and oh so craved more of.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 27, 2016 5:03 PM

Dec 2012
Kanan didn't sing on purpose & quit because of Mari. She was always looking out for her.

Good of them to finally talk & let it all out in the end. Mari got her hug in the end.

LOL Yohane funny as ever. That lock on Ruby & Dia.
The third years were so cute as kids.

Nice performance at the end.
Aquors is finally complete. YAY!!
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 27, 2016 5:46 PM

Oct 2012
MiChocoFudge said:
Nope, youve just finally moved on from the previos installment. The similarity still exist on each characters but you started to neglect them.

This is true but it's only because starting with their trip to Tokyo they actually care to put it some character developement, episodes before were just We can't be wrong by copying this and putting it together just for fun (but we are also risking nothing). All the time up to ep6 Aquors were just in Muse shadow. And don't make me list all those similiarities, please.

GenesisAria said:
t wasn't lazily made that way, it was done on purpose to align with the fanbase, while still remaining fresh and independent.

I bet fanbase actually expected a different group with a different story attempting to win next Love Live event, rather than reshashed group of mixed Muse personalities with rehashed story with the same plot (saving the school) here.

But you know, the sole reason that they did it on purpose is even worse.. it's like saying we don't really wanna take risks and make them too different, we'll just throw in some references to make fans forget this is actually a new series and let's exploit the old good things meanwhile. If that's not lazy writing that I dunno what else is.

I actually liked last three episodes but that's only because they finally let Aquors step out of Muse shadow, stopped comparing them in every possible moment, finally chopped off stream of bad jokes and let them stand on their own.
Aug 27, 2016 6:36 PM

Sep 2015
Chika realized she was yelling at 3rd years' territory

Finally we know the truth why Kanan was so mean previous episode.. Loving her now <3
This episode makes me love sunshine!! even more! 10/5
Aug 27, 2016 7:00 PM

Feb 2015
A great episode to add the third years to the group. Their character development goes way beyond the other 6, such great characters. I like that Ruby's sister is the one that wrote Aquors. Loving it. And now that we're not building up to the third years joining anymore, I'll be interested to see where this goes now. And also: I see that the episode count is currently Unknown. Let's hope for a double cour!
Aug 27, 2016 7:01 PM

Oct 2011
Omg crying my eyes out with that reveal.
Aug 27, 2016 7:28 PM

Aug 2008
Luke72 said:
And also: I see that the episode count is currently Unknown. Let's hope for a double cour!
too good to be true!
Aug 27, 2016 7:46 PM

Nov 2010
Buckets of tears, so good. <3
Aug 27, 2016 7:59 PM

Dec 2013
Holy shit, my first venture into this entire Love Live series and this episode was unexpectedly heavy on the feels. The way they tied together everything that has happened so far was really good, though I never would have expected Chika to have just picked out a team name from a random word stenciled in the sand.

Holy crap You almost gave me a heart attack! I know you're a high dive expert, but that was like the third or fourth floor for god sake! She seriously almost went keer-splat!

And as ever, Yohane isu besuto gyaru!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 27, 2016 8:42 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
More than anything else, the individual quirks of each of the characters was brought out in this episode. While the animation was sometimes lacking, it oddly seemed to feel a little more natural given their behaviors.

And yes, I think Yoshiko Yohane is probably the best thing to happen to this show.
Aug 27, 2016 8:51 PM

Jan 2015
This was such a great episode omg

Water Mom™ finally gets the screentime she deserves!
The insert song was v nice imo, the feels were High Quality, and we get all that good gay material~ Kanamari is alive af

I think this is my fav ep of the show so far
become meguca?
Aug 27, 2016 9:18 PM

Dec 2009
Mich666 said:
GenesisAria said:
It wasn't lazily made that way, it was done on purpose to align with the fanbase, while still remaining fresh and independent.

I bet fanbase actually expected a different group with a different story attempting to win next Love Live event, rather than reshashed group of mixed Muse personalities with rehashed story with the same plot (saving the school) here.

But you know, the sole reason that they did it on purpose is even worse.. it's like saying we don't really wanna take risks and make them too different, we'll just throw in some references to make fans forget this is actually a new series and let's exploit the old good things meanwhile. If that's not lazy writing that I dunno what else is.

I actually liked last three episodes but that's only because they finally let Aquors step out of Muse shadow, stopped comparing them in every possible moment, finally chopped off stream of bad jokes and let them stand on their own.
Niet. It's not about risks, it's about delivering the feel they want to deliver, and the fans want. Just because they kept mentioning μ's doesn't mean it was rehash. There are many other groups going for Love Live with their own untold stories, but this one was chosen because it's another one what has a genuine purpose beyond simple desires. Though in this case the school changing is only a rumour. Unlike before we have additional character dynamics, and a much more justified original antagonist - Dia. You have a pretty narrow mind if you look at these characters and just see shuffled μ's characters. As in reality there's loads of very similar people, and people that seem to have shuffled appearances and personalities from others you may know or see, at first glance things seem very similar until you get to know their additional traits then they seem more themselves than rehashes of other people. That and various personality types tend to find themselves fitting into certain roles in a social group dynamic. That's not really a valid argument. If you try to see it as a rehash, then that is what you'll see. This is called confirmation bias.

They intentionally kept the FEEL, and the context familiarity is just what works. Cynicism won't get you anywhere. No they're not lazy, even the shite projects some anime companies whip out, clearly you don't know how japanese production and business works, because it's FAR from lazy. In fact quite the opposite, japanese business models are often unhealthily pressuring and rushed - hence why mistakes happen (there's generally a lack of budget/time for proofing it too). Just because it's not super original and special, doesn't mean they didn't work hard to make it and hope for community feedback and fandom.

PS: the fanbase expected it to be a clone of the first, and like most of us, were pleasantly surprised that there was able to be plenty of freshness, without sacrificing the atmosphere we all love.

Why is there always so much stupid bullshit, people whining about "waaaaah it's not original!" "waaah they have no imagination!"... Hate to break it to you, but your imagination is probably worse. Everyone thinks they have the best imagination until they realize the common consistencies in all the things they cook up. Humans are not very imaginative, we need inspiration from things.
GenesisAriaAug 27, 2016 9:44 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 27, 2016 9:56 PM
Jun 2016
Not gonna lie, this episode topped the previous one for me. Mari and Kanan have skyrocketed to the top for me. I was always really fond of Kanan despite the little screentime she had.

That slap was better than the one in the original. I was actually surprised, even though I really should have seen it coming (Mari even said she was going to do it). The music was beautiful too.

The insert song was a little different (more akin to a ballad?) than the ones I've listened to so far, but I liked it.

Also, hooray for a fully formed Aqours!
dqtl74Aug 27, 2016 10:09 PM
Aug 27, 2016 10:40 PM

Apr 2011
Any info at all so far how many episodes this will have?

Since it still says "?" I really hope it will be more that one cour from the get go! :-O
Otherwise they will have to end with a cliffhanger far too soon...
Aug 27, 2016 10:59 PM

Sep 2015
Best episode yet.
Aqours is now complete and damn kanan x mari is over 9000 in this episode.
love that song at the end too.
TaintedAug 27, 2016 11:08 PM
Aug 27, 2016 11:24 PM

Apr 2012
Wonder if anyone noticed how Dia's other hair clip just suddenly disappeared in this part then came back on the next~

Aug 27, 2016 11:33 PM
Nov 2013
39dearMIKU said:
Any info at all so far how many episodes this will have?

Since it still says "?" I really hope it will be more that one cour from the get go! :-O
Otherwise they will have to end with a cliffhanger far too soon...

I'd be very surprised if it's more than 13 episodes in total. They've announced 7 Blu Ray volumes; 1 with 2 episodes & 6 with 2 episodes.
Aug 28, 2016 2:05 AM

Aug 2016
Saffron_entity said:
Dayum
This sweet ship might rival NozoEli.
What would the ships name be? Marikan?

Wouldn't KanaMari be cute? Because it kind of sounds similar to calamari...ocean joke...haha...ha
Aug 28, 2016 3:02 AM

Nov 2012
nice episode, i liked the drama and i'm happy the 3rd years finally joined. this series is finally getting as enjoyable as the first series now.
Aug 28, 2016 3:19 AM

Sep 2014
Pros to the episode: No muse mentions, and it finally felt like an episode of Sunshine standing on its own.

Cons to the episode: That drama was stupid. WHY DONT PEOPLE JUST TALK TO EACH OTHER?

At least it felt like its own show for once, so hopefully we'll move forward from here now. Also Kanan worst girl. BY FAR.
Aug 28, 2016 3:50 AM

May 2010
love the characters, their personality is great, but something is a miss for me but i dont quite get what it is..
Aug 28, 2016 4:31 AM

Aug 2010
It was a really great episode and the plot is very interesting. I loved all the drama between the third years - it gave more satisfaction in the end of the ep - and I'm happy that the girls are finally together.
Speaking of the songs, they still don't really catch me but I can see they are improving.
Aug 28, 2016 5:40 AM

Apr 2015
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I have problems :v
Lucas8xAug 28, 2016 5:48 AM

🌙 Sailor Moon 🌙

Aug 28, 2016 8:05 AM

Apr 2012
Great episode!
Finally Diakanamri joins the group!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Aug 28, 2016 10:24 AM

Aug 2008
I just realized this. Wow.

In the performance, the third years start off with their old outfits like we see in the flashback. Then they change to match the other members. That's awesome!
Aug 28, 2016 10:28 AM

Aug 2016
Great episode. I really like that Sunshine focueses more on the development of the actual characters. Muse were more trying to be idol thing literally them pursuing their goal more directly. Sunshine is all about the characters and their bond and I like that. It makes it seem more charming and you feel more conected with the characters instead of predefined attitudes like Muse (with very few minor exceptions like the forcefully executed Honoka breakdown). At episode 9 Sunshine finally is now shaped up to be a series of it's own and not a copy&paste of LL! Season 1. And they finally didn't mention Muse in this ep! Yay (?)

Also must I say how much I loved the fricking insert song?! Does someone now the name of the track? I love the emotional not over the top ballad-like vibe it has. Idol tracks don't always have to be energetic upbeat tracks.

PS: For some reason I still cringe when You says "yosoro" :/ She's probably the only character with absolutely no development at all, probs getting something done for here at end of season or season 2 akin to Kotomi.
AzukiGSep 15, 2016 9:23 PM
The final boss fight in Kirby: Planet Robobot is the most epic thing since toasted bread.

DEDEDE DEDEDE DEDEDE DEDEDE DEDEDE- D3.
Aug 28, 2016 11:03 AM
Apr 2015
Best episode so far !

This is what im searching for while watching LLSS, i can finally emotionally connected to the girls ( kanan and mari ).

This episode has alot of tearjerking scene, previous episode also has one but since i know what the result is, i was kinda meh at it and on this episode the plot finally differ from the OG .. im just so glad at that !

I hope next episode will get even more better, please no more similarity plot as muse .. please ! not hating but this LLSS has great potential to show their own identity !
monosideAug 28, 2016 11:07 AM
Aug 28, 2016 12:56 PM

Jun 2008
AnimeFan500 said:
Omg crying my eyes out with that reveal.
I wasn't crying...who cut the onion around me?? CONFESS!!!
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Aug 28, 2016 12:57 PM

Jan 2011
damn good episode,funny all this could of been avoided if they just hashed it out
Aug 28, 2016 1:09 PM

Jan 2014
Uhh what a poorly executed episode this weak, really dissapointed compared to last week witch was the best episode so far from this show. The classroom scene was so akward and the writing was completly off. Plus I am starting to be really tired/anoyed by Chika. Anju Inami is not doing a great job playing her sadly. I think they handle the three former Idols arc really bad in this episode it just escalated so quickly, and ruined the moment for me personally. All in all I still like the show but this episode is just something I wanna forget as quickly as possible :(
Aug 28, 2016 2:03 PM

Jan 2015
HOLY SHIIIIT THIS FREAKING INSERT SONG WAS MY LIFE <3

Love Live Sunshine is better than the first season of the original Love Live tbh, and Aquors's songs are better, not one ever disappointed me
Aug 28, 2016 9:03 PM

Oct 2013
I marathoned a bunch of episodes yesterday, and now I'm finally caught up, and I must say that LL!S is in my opinion superior plot wise to the first season of LL! for two reasons. 1, the drama surrounding the third years is WAY more interesting and compelling than Honoka's angst se1. 2, I don't find that too many characters are getting left behind/becoming irrelevant. I think they did a better job at balancing all the girls for the most part compared to LL! se1.

I'm honestly really enjoying sunshine for the most part, and I know some people dislike it for it's similarities to the original, but I find plot wise, it did a lot of things that the original just wasn't able to deliver on, honestly.

And don't get me wrong, I still love the original and will say the characters designs and personalities are very similar, but I think when it comes to structure, this season did a lot better as well as delivering better characterization than LL! se 1. I also lowkey hated Honoka se1, and prefer Chika WAY more as a leader, so I think that bias might also be playing a role here lol.

4/5
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Aug 28, 2016 9:06 PM

Oct 2013
Mich666 said:

Still, I not quite a fan of those random ending songs.. those are very nice but feels disconnected with the rest of the story.
I understand they needed to push in some concert songs but it's not tied very well. I guess one has to take it only as their would be shows.

I agree, the transition was kind of awkward and choppy, and it took me a minute to realize that was probably the festival dance? But it could also not be, it was extremely unclear if that was the ED or not. It didn't bother me to much since I like LL! for the girls and not really the music.
Aug 28, 2016 11:17 PM
Sep 2010
Ehh, everyone seems to love the ep but Kanan was just being very stupid 2 years ago "GO TO AMERICA, it's good for you!" and yay everyone made up. I didn't find it very good drama to be honest.

On another note, I like the Aquors songs more than us as a whole so far.
Aug 28, 2016 11:53 PM

Apr 2014
This episode might have been the best Love Live moment ever, all the events so far have honestly been a better rendition than the original as far as Im concerned. Im hoping that they continue down a similar path as the original, (which has definitely been established at this point with the school threatening to be shut down as in the original, among many other things) but continue to create emotionally impactful moments like this episode had

Aug 28, 2016 11:55 PM

Jul 2013
Holy fuck, this episode was great! Not what I expected to see from Love Live, and I LOVED it!
Aug 29, 2016 1:48 AM
Apr 2013
KumaGinko said:
Holy fuck this show is just getting better and better. I can't hold all these feels!! My favorite episode so far. We got so many Mari x Kanan interactions. The ship is sailing itself. I could die happy right now.

I honestly thought Kanan was going to kiss Mari on the cheek here

On that scene, i secretly shouting "KISS..KISS..KISS.." on my heart XD
Kanan and Mari are my OTP in LL Sunshine

Hoping there would be fanfiction or doujinshi about them :)
Aug 29, 2016 3:22 AM

Aug 2008
Kanan was really starting to get under my skin. This episode at least helped reset that sentiment. Now neutral towards her.

So... 4 episodes left? Really? They didn't get enough exposure a group 9 members...
Aug 29, 2016 6:24 AM

Oct 2013
GenesisAria said:
It most certainly was not a carbon copy. It was a well applied reboot to sail the winds created by the previous installment. t wasn't lazily made that way, it was done on purpose to align with the fanbase, while still remaining fresh and independent.

I was watching it really closely at the beginning, hoping it didn't go down the route The Idolm@ster did with Cinderella Girls: trying to feed off the fist creation, but missed all of the factors that actually made the previous good. In this case, we have Love Live Sunshine, perfectly replicating the environment, feel, joys, and smiles that we got from the first Love Live, and oh so craved more of.

Although I agree with what you're saying, I do think there are other plotlines they could have explored, like maybe having Aquors stand in the shadow of another idol group or introduce more idol groups. Also design wise, from a visual standpoint you can't lie that they didn't really take any risks with straying from character designs and base personality wise the characters at a glance are extremely similar (they even seem like love children/based off of ships from previous characters).

That being said I agree that they still brought the same feel of nostalgia while doing a pretty satisfactory job at painting how different the idol world was from back then to muse. They slowly broke off their idealism and I think the addition of those two sisters were helpful too (even if them telling them to quit was honestly over the top lmfao...) and I've said this before but imo they did a much better job at delivering a plot and introducing drama then it's predecessor, so I've actually enjoyed this go around more so than se1 just bc i personally did not like se1 Honoka at all, and found the arc surrounding Kotori and Honoka's angst extremely irritating. I felt very much like Nico while watching that, and that arc is what made me gain respect for her. I no longer feel that the characters personalities are EXACT copy/paste of muse just because of what they did with the plot.

But you do have to admit that there are other plot possibilities and other ways to write a spin off that didn't require including so many previous themes. I don't mind the nostalgia but some other people might prefer less of the same feel and instead to see something all together new/different. That being said I think it's impossible for people to NOT compare the two series even if it was drastically different. It's really hard for a spin off not to get criticism for being too different or to similar. It's the way people always react because it's impossible to cater to everyone's different wishes for a spin-off.
Aug 29, 2016 8:10 AM

Jun 2014
So that wraps up the seniors arc nice and neatly.

The past 2 episodes have actually been good. Some nice character development here and there. The problem from here on out is whether it's a straight run down the beaten track, or if they've the balls enough to take the non sugar-and-rainbows route. Critical times.
Aug 29, 2016 8:41 AM

May 2013
MariXKanan is stronk in this episode,...

don't worry dia there's always a place for threesome
Aug 29, 2016 8:44 AM

Jun 2013
2 anime this season with almost same hug scene
Friendship yuri is the best ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 29, 2016 12:48 PM

Aug 2013
Shunaria said:
2 anime this season with almost same hug scene
Friendship yuri is the best ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Damn, I was expecting Million Clouds to be played when they hugging each other.

I didn't crying when watching S2 ep 11, and I'm losing my shit when Kanan says "Huggu shiyo".
Aug 29, 2016 2:54 PM

May 2015
eeveelugia said:
Now everything is explained and make sense.

Who wrote down the word "Aqours" in ep3? Explained.
Why Dia told so much lies? Explained.
Why Mari left two years ago and made a sudden return? Explained.
Why Kanan felt angry when she noticed Mari returned in ep1? Explained.
Why Kanan acted so mean to Mari in last episode? Explained.
Why Kanan told Mari "Give up before someone got hurt?" Explained.

There are too many reasons for me to love this episode. Too many.

Well, that's sure that many questions were answered but...
Maybe you can help me, this is probably about Dia's lies part

I mean, so this is Dia who give'em Aqours name on the beach right ?
So why as President of the Student Council, she refuse about Idol club forming ?
Why deny the group which you named, thats kinda nonsense
Cuz even if she didnt want to get involved into, she could've let girls make their club

Im ok with Mari's denying, 'cause they've their own background as idols
But with 2nd years girls i dont know...

May you can give a hint about that, at the moment, there is an inconsistency in the character of Dia, she just did Eri's denying without any reason ( im repeating, why give Aquors name to let'em stuck by denying club formation :c )
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2016 3:13 PM

Aug 2008
Imbalanced said:
eeveelugia said:
Now everything is explained and make sense.

Who wrote down the word "Aqours" in ep3? Explained.
Why Dia told so much lies? Explained.
Why Mari left two years ago and made a sudden return? Explained.
Why Kanan felt angry when she noticed Mari returned in ep1? Explained.
Why Kanan acted so mean to Mari in last episode? Explained.
Why Kanan told Mari "Give up before someone got hurt?" Explained.

There are too many reasons for me to love this episode. Too many.

Well, that's sure that many questions were answered but...
Maybe you can help me, this is probably about Dia's lies part

I mean, so this is Dia who give'em Aqours name on the beach right ?
So why as President of the Student Council, she refuse about Idol club forming ?
Why deny the group which you named, thats kinda nonsense
Cuz even if she didnt want to get involved into, she could've let girls make their club

Im ok with Mari's denying, 'cause they've their own background as idols
But with 2nd years girls i dont know...

May you can give a hint about that, at the moment, there is an inconsistency in the character of Dia, she just did Eri's denying without any reason ( im repeating, why give Aquors name to let'em stuck by denying club formation :c )
Dia doing what she did ultimately tested Chika and how serious she was. She played the role of pushing Chika and co. to do their best against all odds and obstacles.
Aug 29, 2016 7:48 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kanan's the type of friend you'd want to have around. Despite Mari being a bit selfish in wanting to make memories as an idol, Kanan wanted Mari to focus on her future instead. Let's be real here guys, how many of us have friends that look out for us the way Kanan did?
Certainly didn't expect Kanan to slap Mari, nah I actually expected her to ask for a hug. But yea, glad the 3rd years resolved their issues.

Yoshiko going all WWE on Dia xD
Totally hilarious when Chika went into the classroom and yelled at the 3rd years. I was expecting a big slap since she went all angry. Even more hilarious was the 3rd years reaction afterward.

The song at the end was very nice. Love the beat but most of all the background. Fireworks in the sky, beautiful.

Aug 30, 2016 6:59 AM

Nov 2012
That was fast. The whole cast is complete and they are ready to compete in Love Live.
Aug 30, 2016 3:17 PM

Oct 2008
Finally, Aquors is now 9 members complete!
But that was a bit fast, and Kanan was a most difficult to convince to join them.
That was a very excellent performance on the ED! DAMN! look at that they move perfect and all 9 are capable of singing on the same level lolz. anyway I wonder if they would rank? even if they are 9 (which is so many) it would still be hard to rank!
LOL at Yohane, she's always the catcher with submissive style of running girls!
5/5.

Aug 30, 2016 11:59 PM

Aug 2012
-Kinda glad they only did the analogue to the Kotori thing from the original LL season 1 in a flashback and I didn't have to sit through that thing again
-Wait, Chika's family runs a bathhouse?
-Every time I watch a new Sunshine episode, I'm always a bit skeptical at the beginning but then the general atmosphere of the show kicks in and I'm left wondering what I was worrying about
-Was Chika's family inn thing this detailed in the previous episodes
-Lil Kanan is adorable
-Not sure if I'm a fan of Yoshiko's ponytail look
-Oh hey looks like Kanan will have tons more screentime now with the return to school
-Also how does Mari and Kanan not see the stack of 6 people peeking out from behind that tree
-"Chika-chi"
-Is... is it gonna be that easy for them to recruit the third-years
-Wait, they're holding an intervention-type thing for the third-years? That actually seems like a reasonable way of trying to recruit them.
-Alright, for some reason I found it hilarious when Maru made the comment about Dia being Ruby's sister after Dia got caught by Yoshiko
-Uh, where did that injury come from? The timing was kind of out of place / came out of the blue but the sentiment was pretty nice
-Also I don't think I've heard Mari speak in an accent at all during this episode
-Of course the scene after I note it down, she speaks with one in the flashback with the teacher. Although, come to think of it, I don't remember seeing any teachers in the first series
-That little montage of the third-years' time together was actually pretty great, and I love things like that that are told through animation alone
-Also the first thing I thought of when Mari faceplanted at the bus stop was Totoro
-Mari spent an awfully long time standing in front of that whiteboard judging from the size of the puddle
-I actually flinched, and it was probably because of how quiet the background music was leading up to the slap
-Huh, they end off the recruitments with a triple rather than starting off with one like the first series did
-Also, they went in an entirely new direction with the ending song, since it wasn't the analog to Bokura no Live Kimi to no Life
-Kanan actually sounded pretty amazing starting the song off. She didn't cut her syllables short and was noticeably straining much less than with her subunit stuff.
-All of them sounded pretty amazing in the ED, though
-Huh, so it was Dia who named the group

I thought the timing of all of the third-year stuff felt off for some reason, probably because the circumstances surrounding them were only really introduced last episode. It was also probably largely because of the things that were only revealed in this episode, like the pre-performance injury and year-one-Mari's meeting with the teacher. I liked the intent behind the third-year drama, though.

Also I totally expected the first full ensemble song they would sing to be Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru Kai, which would have been analogous to the original series, but that obviously didn't happen. Sunshine seems to be more of its own thing in the recent episodes, which is pretty great.
ThreePercentAug 31, 2016 6:01 PM
Aug 31, 2016 12:07 AM

Jun 2013
I crie errtiem

I seriously gave no craps about the third years and I still don't really but Mari x Kanan is best pairing. That hug got me

Also Mari was cute as fuck as a kid but Chika was still ugly as fuck. WTH it's like she is just destined to be ugly forever
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Top 5 Favorite Love Live Sunshine Girls

TomCena1114 - Mar 29, 2023

25 by Erikor »»
May 1, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

164 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 10, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

214 by Kayroad »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Favorite Aquors member ( 1 2 )

ya_hallo - Sep 10, 2016

70 by LemonXChio »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

101 by laaala »»
May 9, 2023 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.