Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 27, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm I found this episode kind amusing and tearful. Kanan is awesome as well.

The scene with the rain had a lot of feels with Mari. Gotta love that background storytelling when some of the girls were little too. Decent performance at the end. I think they are improving.
Stark700Aug 27, 2016 8:03 AM
Aug 27, 2016 6:58 AM
Mar 2016
Tmw when You almost died

Quite liked the song at the end. Second best episode so far
Aug 27, 2016 7:10 AM

Feb 2014
Yohane on fire

But no one cannot defeat Maru

So cute

Aug 27, 2016 7:15 AM

Nov 2007
THIS
EPISODE
WAS
SO
GOOD
FOR
SO
MANY
REASONS
Aug 27, 2016 7:43 AM
Apr 2012
The drama within the 3rd years was really well expressed here! A lot of feels in this episode T^T
Aug 27, 2016 8:10 AM

Jun 2013
Didn't expect the drama between the third years and I thought that Dia and Chika will compete and Dia loses so she joins Aqours. A change of script maybe?
Kitan~!
Aug 27, 2016 8:23 AM

Jun 2016
KANAN <3 Wow I love the third years here. Their backstory is well-thought imo and this episode is filled with feels. Favorite episode so far. The insert song was awesome aswell. Looking forward to see more of their developement!
Aug 27, 2016 8:41 AM

May 2010
They are finally together! Very nice insert song. So Dia named the group, I see
Aug 27, 2016 8:49 AM

Aug 2008
Best fuckin girl finally reveals herself!

I knew Kanan would come through. The third-years add so much to Aquors. 11/10
Aug 27, 2016 8:54 AM

Dec 2014
Wonderful episode, Just amazing. Was filled with overwhelming cuteness, humor and emotion. I couldn't help but grin, laugh and tear up. I don't know why Love Live! has this effect on me. :3

Yohane was on fire this episode XD , Everyone targeting Ruby was funny, She's so innocent. :3
You jumping out the corridor to grab the dress was so hilarious XD

Chika owned the third years XD , No one can stand upto that scream xD

Kanan, Mari and Dia were so adorable this episode. <3 Kanan is extra cute as a kid. <3
Nice backstory, So it wasn't a matter of they couldn't sing but rather didn't sing. It's so sweet to see how much Kanan and Mari care about each other. KanaMari is canon XD
That transition from Mari running in the rain to the flashback scene when they were kids and Kanan said 'Hug' to the present scene where she said it again was amazing, It made it so emotional for me. Teared up. The Hug was so sweet. T.T

So glad the 3rd years made up and have all joined now, Was nice of Ruby to give Dia her outfit. Aqours are complete now. :D

Performance was great, I really liked the song. Visuals were excellent with the colorful stage and fireworks, This was probably my favorite performance till date. I really loved the visual where they all formed a circle.
Well it wasn't unexpected but Dia was the one who wrote the name on the beach, It was still pretty cute the way she was writing on the sand.

Wonder where the series will head from here.
Lelouch0202Aug 27, 2016 9:00 AM
Aug 27, 2016 8:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The power of huggles ^.^

Getting some pretty decent reaction screenshots out of this
Aug 27, 2016 9:01 AM

Oct 2008
This episode is very perfect

Aug 27, 2016 9:05 AM

Apr 2014
I think it's pretty funny how this is the 9th episode of the anime and all 9 members are finally together XD

Aug 27, 2016 9:09 AM

Sep 2010
Yay, Aqours have nine members! I didn't expect the conflict between Kanan, Mari, and Dia to have a simple solution. It worked out though!

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Aug 27, 2016 9:23 AM

Aug 2012
Now everything is explained and make sense.

Who wrote down the word "Aqours" in ep3? Explained.
Why Dia told so much lies? Explained.
Why Mari left two years ago and made a sudden return? Explained.
Why Kanan felt angry when she noticed Mari returned in ep1? Explained.
Why Kanan acted so mean to Mari in last episode? Explained.
Why Kanan told Mari "Give up before someone got hurt?" Explained.

There are too many reasons for me to love this episode. Too many.
Aug 27, 2016 9:26 AM

Jun 2012
Chika saved the day. It is kinda funny, all of this drama and could easily be resolved, all they had to do was talk with each other, luckly, it is not too late for them, to fulfil their dream :)
Aug 27, 2016 9:35 AM

Jan 2014
There's too much reasons for me to love this episode.

- Yoshiko pose (4:20)
- Chika back to "genki" again
- You when trying to take a costume
- one "Yousoro~" from You
- Yoshiko attack!!
- Zuramaru kidnap skill
- Kanan tsundere face
- MARI!!!
- that OST when Mari run to school
- DAT SLAP!!
- DAT FEELS
- DAT DRAMA
- DAT TEARS
- DAT KANAN HUG!!
- MARI X KANAN, FINALLY!!
- 3rd years finally join together
- that new song "Mijuku DREAMER"
- etc

BEST EPISODE SO FAR!!!!
OceeennAug 27, 2016 9:43 AM
Music speaks to people's hearts. All throughout the world. I believe it's a powerfull language.
Aug 27, 2016 9:44 AM

Feb 2016
Holy fuck this show is just getting better and better. I can't hold all these feels!! My favorite episode so far. We got so many Mari x Kanan interactions. The ship is sailing itself. I could die happy right now.

I honestly thought Kanan was going to kiss Mari on the cheek here
azula-is-gayAug 27, 2016 9:49 AM
Aug 27, 2016 9:47 AM
Jul 2018
This was the best episode so far. Good to see the third years want to be school idols again!
Aug 27, 2016 9:49 AM

Feb 2015
I really liked the ost this episode like damn. A huge improvement from the original series.

Hopefully Dia can have her own episode, because why not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 27, 2016 9:53 AM

Sep 2014
An excellent episode once again, easily my favorite of the entire series so far. Third years' drama finally resolved, gotta say all the characters are really growing on me, actually the whole show has steadily climbed to my top 3 picks of the season. Impressive stuff.
Aug 27, 2016 10:04 AM

Apr 2015
Another tearful episode..
At first i really thought that Kanan just being stubborn..
It seems like it i really have made a huge mistake.

And now i really love her so much!!

p/s: i didn't know that Dia can be so cute at the near the ending for this episode
Aug 27, 2016 10:12 AM

Dec 2014
"IT'S NOT JOKE." - What Mari basically acted like this episode.
Aug 27, 2016 10:13 AM
Sep 2009
Die is too selfless, she pretty much gave up all of her dreams and wishes to keep Mari's and Kanan's, mostly Kanan's.

She deserves her own episode and not just be an observing side character. Jump in Dia!
Aug 27, 2016 10:18 AM

Jun 2015
no more jowke...
BUT YAS! finally Mari and Kanan gay reunion completed
they also explained a bunch of stuffs happened

this episode is great, Dia is amazingly cute too, hah! sisters heh...
Aug 27, 2016 10:30 AM

Aug 2009
tbh this episode was the most emotional for me!
When they finally hugged I couldnt contain my emotions T ^ T <3
great episode! and great song!!!
Aug 27, 2016 10:33 AM

Apr 2011
Finally, the 3rd years drama is over and Aquors group is now complete.

Yohane attacking the Kurosawa sisters was funny.

And how the heck did the girls did not saw Dia on the beach when she was writing it? She must ran really fast.

Chika is amazing stopping the third years. Go girl!
MagitoAug 27, 2016 12:18 PM
Aug 27, 2016 11:14 AM

Jan 2014
Hm. I think the biggest problem with the third years' arc was the lack of focus. The past scenes were enough to build up to the drama of this episode, but I was expecting something of a 'one big arc' after all the buildup, rather than the buildup being the arc itself, and this episode being the conclusion.

While I'm slightly disappointed this week, this show is nevertheless still really fucking great. That last bit had me near tears, dude.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2016 11:33 AM

Dec 2009
Another superbly entertaining episode, so many twists and turns... Seeing them act in new ways, seeing the old trio lose their facade and fighting eachother~
One of the best episodes yet!!

Anyone else think Sunshine may surpass the original Love Live?

...Someone is almost horny for school uniforms...

GenesisAriaAug 27, 2016 11:51 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 27, 2016 11:41 AM

Oct 2009
Beautiful episode. The third years are really amazing.
Aug 27, 2016 11:41 AM

Jun 2009
Such a great episode! I liked the drama between 3rd years and that reunion was really heartwarming. I'm glad all nine members are together now.
Aug 27, 2016 12:07 PM

Nov 2011
Kanan best girl
all i have to say
Hate Keeps me warm
Aug 27, 2016 12:09 PM

Jan 2013
KumaGinko said:
I honestly thought Kanan was going to kiss Mari on the cheek here

And I honestly thought that was what Mari wanted until Kanan raised her hand, lol.
Aug 27, 2016 12:18 PM

May 2014
That insert song was so good!
Aug 27, 2016 12:49 PM

Aug 2013
Dayum
This sweet ship might rival NozoEli.
What would the ships name be? Marikan?
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Aug 27, 2016 12:49 PM

Aug 2012
Wooohoo, finally first live with all nine members!
CG animation of the insert song was so good, and I really like Yoshiko's singing voice.

But I still can't seem to like Chika.
She can never replace Honk.
Like, ever.
Aug 27, 2016 1:10 PM
May 2016
After this Episode I prefer Sunshine Now than the Original not as a whole but for the whole Season 1 and seeing Sunshine has more Depth and meaning of the Story and Character development that's where Sunshine Excels and it Continued to be Awesome for example the Saint Snow Performance which i considered the best Love Live Performance and the Depth of the 3rd year who Struggle during their time but Deep down they love being a School Idol plus Chika being a better leader than Honoka where Chika has so many Flaws as leader but she Tries her best Despite Being normal girl from Planet normies hehe and We Have Hanamaru (My peesonal BestGirl) who's very Supportive and funny at the Same time plus our Favorite Chuunibyou Yohane or Yoshiko haha she's great . all of them our Great plus the Struggles our Real this time thats it's being an idol that can Join Love Live cuz of how Popular it Became . lastly may I compare Michael jordan to Lebron james to the 2 love live cuz just like MJ and The original Love Live people cant forget the past and already accept that he's Untouchable despite how LBJ/Sunshine does most of it better than the last one cuz they cant Accept it and thats their 1st time falling in love with it
Aug 27, 2016 1:13 PM
May 2016
Who said that this series is a Copy n paste of the Original? Heck this is better than the 1st season of the original love live it's just that people cant let go of the past and start Comparing every single thing despite the Original Having all the Advantage
Aug 27, 2016 1:18 PM
May 2016
[quote=GenesisAria]Another superbly entertaining episode, so many twists and turns... Seeing them act in new ways, seeing the old trio lose their facade and fighting eachother~

I Think that they already Surpassed the Original base on season 1 alone
Aug 27, 2016 1:25 PM

Dec 2011
So much feels this episode. >.<
At least the third years are part of the group now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2016 1:43 PM

Oct 2013
Finally the third years are in. Dia and her behind the scenes machinations - all this time pretending to be opposed to Aqours. Chika becomes bad-ass and puts a stop to the Mari/Kanan battle and even demands the senior trio present themselves before the Aquors Supreme Council.

I think Ruby and Yoshiko/Yohane are my two favorites. Ruby because she is a shy weakling so has the farthest to go in some ways. and Yoshiko for her random weirdness.
Aug 27, 2016 2:37 PM

Nov 2011
Woah the third years are so frickin awesome.
And the countless Yoshiko moments. The You uniform fetish. I just love everyone here so much.
Aug 27, 2016 2:49 PM
Nov 2015
That song at the end was great, I believe they were in their sub-unit groups in the beginning, which was a nice touch.
Aug 27, 2016 2:59 PM

Jun 2013
I'm not crying, you are crying.
Aug 27, 2016 3:20 PM

May 2015
Them feels. This episode was perfect. And at last, the group is finally complete as well.

Aug 27, 2016 3:44 PM

Aug 2008
GenesisAria said:
Another superbly entertaining episode, so many twists and turns... Seeing them act in new ways, seeing the old trio lose their facade and fighting eachother~

specifically sailor uniforms.
Aug 27, 2016 4:20 PM

Oct 2012
3rd years >> other members. though Chika is real life-saver with the way she pushed some reason into them.

One of the best episodes so far, very emotional. I really like it, for the first the I got the same vibes as when watching first Love Live.

Still, I not quite a fan of those random ending songs.. those are very nice but feels disconnected with the rest of the story.
I understand they needed to push in some concert songs but it's not tied very well. I guess one has to take it only as their would be shows.

Looking back it's real shame we had to watch through about 5-6 episodes that were bad carbon copy of previous Love Live to finally get to this point.
Aug 27, 2016 4:40 PM

May 2014
Chika, so far, is my top favorite right now. Not only she shows compassion to her members but she also stopped the third years from arguing by screaming and ordering them. she really proved herself to be the b0ss. Honk, i love you but Chika >>>> Honk.

imma protect my this smile from from now

Dia's gesture and scream similar to ruby made me love her even more. She also looks cute at the last scene when she wrote their group name.

Mari's scene with kanan is lovely. If i were to choose the type of their relationship, it would be bdsm. Mari wants to be slapped instead of hugged. She's into it, i think. on the earlier part, it would be better if kanan knew she was being followed and turns out she was a troll.

aaaand there's a mistake again (look at mari)....,

The funniest scene in this ep is when you is so gay for sailor uniforms. If chika and riko werent there, she most likely dead by now.

MiChocoFudgeAug 27, 2016 5:05 PM
quit jacking off on your waifu, you disgusting weaboo
Aug 27, 2016 4:40 PM

Dec 2009
destructo22 said:
GenesisAria said:

specifically sailor uniforms.
I don't blame her, i'd grab for it too. Girls' sailor uniforms have some kind of special charm. Not even because it was value appreciated due to it's use, just the straight up aesthetic is really good.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 27, 2016 4:44 PM

May 2014
Mich666 said:

Looking back it's real shame we had to watch through about 5-6 episodes that were bad carbon copy of previous Love Live to finally get to this point.

Nope, youve just finally moved on from the previos installment. The similarity still exist on each characters but you started to neglect them.
quit jacking off on your waifu, you disgusting weaboo
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Top 5 Favorite Love Live Sunshine Girls

TomCena1114 - Mar 29, 2023

25 by Erikor »»
May 1, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

164 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 10, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

214 by Kayroad »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Favorite Aquors member ( 1 2 )

ya_hallo - Sep 10, 2016

70 by LemonXChio »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

101 by laaala »»
May 9, 2023 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.