Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 24, 2016 10:12 AM

Mar 2016
So after 8 ep rewrite is already at a 7.00, where do you guys think it will end off with after it finishes airing? Giving reasons to support your claim

My guess is around 6.85 because i would assume the ending won't drop the score too much
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 24, 2016 10:25 AM

Apr 2015
8bit's Rewrite is a rushed, unnecessary project without any value for anyone with a bit of common sense (or a good taste). BUT! Fanboys are strong with this one, so... probably too high (the final score of course).
Aug 24, 2016 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
Going through aside, I think the anime by the end it will go either a 7.1 (which is 7.10) assuming that it won't go that high if the original route turns out good in the end by most, it will take some thing to get to a 7.2/10 which is barely a case. If not, most likely around 6.75-6.90/10 if it does not do well.

Friendly reminder that for MAL a 6.99 or below is the shit level score on the community, so.
Aug 24, 2016 11:30 AM

Aug 2013
Ratings can change alot after an anime finishes like Grisaia no Kajitsu which was under 7 while airing then somehow ended up at 7.66 after it finished
Aug 24, 2016 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
Fayt89 said:
Ratings can change alot after an anime finishes like Grisaia no Kajitsu which was under 7 while airing then somehow ended up at 7.66 after it finished

Wasn't it like a bit higher? I may be wrong on that since I did checked before recently.

And true, lots of ratings can change after an anime is done, which compiles every single score from the completed and then set there. Kind of like that.
Aug 24, 2016 1:11 PM

Feb 2016
Ok if this was actually animated properly this would be minimum 8.5 and thats not overrated since its that great and could be at a 9 rated if they went over the top but with this adaptation it could either be a 6.9 or a 7.05 which is shocking to see how bad they adapted (imo i dont think its garbage but the community wont really look at it after seeing the rating so low)
Blane Tensho

Aug 24, 2016 1:30 PM

Apr 2015
Yourlolm said:
Ok if this was actually animated properly this would be minimum 8.5 and thats not overrated since its that great and could be at a 9 rated if they went over the top but with this adaptation it could either be a 6.9 or a 7.05 which is shocking to see how bad they adapted (imo i dont think its garbage but the community wont really look at it after seeing the rating so low)
Blame Tensho

Blame Aniplex too. And Key. And Tanaka.
Aug 24, 2016 1:43 PM

Mar 2016
Key honestly just made a terrible idea to let 8bit adapt the VN
Aug 24, 2016 1:47 PM

Feb 2016
Rin_Kitsune said:

Yes that it true but you also got to blame Tensho for his terrible directing, even if the animation usnt great it still could be a lot better if it was a different director

Aug 24, 2016 1:51 PM

Jan 2014
Yourlolm said:
Rin_Kitsune said:

Yes that it true but you also got to blame Tensho for his terrible directing, even if the animation usnt great it still could be a lot better if it was a different director

at least they kept the same music from the Visual Novel

It's sad to see Rewrite this low. If Kyoto, or JC did this instead of 8bit, it could EASILY have a 8.60 score. And if they adapted it 100% perfectly with two 24 episode seasons, then it would be a 8.80+
Aug 24, 2016 2:31 PM

Mar 2016
Well maybe they will eventually do a remake of this trainwreck
Aug 24, 2016 2:43 PM

Apr 2015
DoctorWasabi said:
Yourlolm said:

It's sad to see Rewrite this low. If Kyoto, or JC did this instead of 8bit, it could EASILY have a 8.60 score. And if they adapted it 100% perfectly with two 24 episode seasons, then it would be a 8.80+

Rin_Kitsune said:
Well maybe they will eventually do a remake of this trainwreck

To be a good adaptation, it would need two 24 ep seasons and then 13 eps for Moon and Terra at least. So that's a BIG no for any remake.
Aug 24, 2016 2:45 PM

Mar 2016
What you just said was what i meant when i said for a remake...

Pref:
24-26 ep main routes
12-13 ep moon+terra

no need for 3 seasons
Aug 24, 2016 2:50 PM

Apr 2015
Rin_Kitsune said:

Pref:
24-26 ep main routes
12-13 ep moon+terra

no need for 3 seasons

What's the difference? No one's gonna touch Rewrite again (or anything Key related) after this garbage.
Aug 24, 2016 3:14 PM

Feb 2010
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Rin_Kitsune said:

Pref:
24-26 ep main routes
12-13 ep moon+terra

no need for 3 seasons

What's the difference? No one's gonna touch Rewrite again (or anything Key related) after this garbage.

hay this is real good stuff mate.

I like wherel this was going.
UnknownDepthAug 24, 2016 3:24 PM
Aug 24, 2016 3:30 PM

Feb 2016
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Rin_Kitsune said:

Pref:
24-26 ep main routes
12-13 ep moon+terra

no need for 3 seasons

You really think that anything Key makes next wont get another adaptation?
Thats bs.
1. Key is still making Visual novels Eg Harmonia and are still one of the biggest VN studios out there, whats not to say a studio would be interested in adapting more of their work in the future
2. Just because an adaptation wasn't great doesn't mean the Developers won't be able to get another anime adaptation, you see many other unsuccessful studios carry on getting adaptations so Key (Well known for VN success) can get more if they want more, it takes one studio to get an adaptation and Key are well known with studios such as Kyoani JC staff and P.A Works even parts with white fox Etc.
3. You are forgetting many adaptations are different from the actual source material, they follow it but anything that is animated may always miss out a few scenes or can change completely, all of Keys visual novels never dissapoint so you cant blame them completely for rewrites failure as they only gave the ok and Aniplex is the one who ruined the adaptation as there wasnt enough time for the adaptation, only recently it was announced and they were only given a low budget to deal with so obviously its not going to be great but it takes time to make a great anime and this had none, if this aired a year or 2 later it probably would gave been a success but sadly it had no time to be made a masterpiece, they had to get it out on time. BDs can be better art wise but nothing else could really change much which is the case in most BDs.

You cant blame a VN studio if the adaptation was made poorly, if the VN sucked it wouldn't be a surprise but if it was supposed to be very good the only thing you can blame the studio for is giving the ok and even then they do it for the money and they deserve it if they are making masterpieces.
Only blame the studio for the Ok but you cant blame them any more it was poorly adapted.
*End of Rant*
Btw theres always a possibility for a remake as long as a studio is interested in it and Key has got a remake before E.g Kanon, its unlikely but the possibility is still there.

Aug 24, 2016 4:08 PM

Apr 2015
Yourlolm said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Thats bs.
1. Key is still making Visual novels Eg Harmonia and are still one of the biggest VN studios out there, whats not to say a studio would be interested in adapting more of their work in the future
2. Just because an adaptation wasn't great doesn't mean the Developers won't be able to get another anime adaptation, you see many other unsuccessful studios carry on getting adaptations so Key (Well known for VN success) can get more if they want more, it takes one studio to get an adaptation and Key are well known with studios such as Kyoani JC staff and P.A Works even parts with white fox Etc.
3. You are forgetting many adaptations are different from the actual source material, they follow it but anything that is animated may always miss out a few scenes or can change completely, all of Keys visual novels never dissapoint so you cant blame them completely for rewrites failure as they only gave the ok and Aniplex is the one who ruined the adaptation as there wasnt enough time for the adaptation, only recently it was announced and they were only given a low budget to deal with so obviously its not going to be great but it takes time to make a great anime and this had none, if this aired a year or 2 later it probably would gave been a success but sadly it had no time to be made a masterpiece, they had to get it out on time. BDs can be better art wise but nothing else could really change much which is the case in most BDs.

You cant blame a VN studio if the adaptation was made poorly, if the VN sucked it wouldn't be a surprise but if it was supposed to be very good the only thing you can blame the studio for is giving the ok and even then they do it for the money and they deserve it if they are making masterpieces.
Only blame the studio for the Ok but you cant blame them any more it was poorly adapted.
*End of Rant*
Btw theres always a possibility for a remake as long as a studio is interested in it and Key has got a remake before E.g Kanon, its unlikely but the possibility is still there.

Oh really? You mean another 13 eps "adaptation"? No one's gonna touch this stuff.
No one wanted Rewrite after this amazingly generous offer from Aniplex, so they gave it to 1bit... 8bit.
Also, I'm not forgetting anything. VN adaptations are always different from the original source, but Rewrite is butchered beyond belief! What was the point in making this thing? What were they even thinking with this piece of shit... And cheapskates from Aniplex are deluding themselves that this joke is gonna sell? Seriously, what the hell...
N7n4shiSep 12, 2016 4:35 AM
Aug 24, 2016 4:19 PM

Feb 2010
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Yourlolm said:

Thats bs.

*End of Rant*

Oh really? You mean another 13 eps "adaptation"? No one's gonna touch this stuff.
No one wanted Rewrite after this amazingly generous offer from Aniplex, so they gave it to 1bit... 8bit.
Also, I'm not forgetting anything. VN adaptations are always different from the original source, but Rewrite is butchered beyond belief! What was the point in making this thing? What were they even thinking with piece of shit... And cheapskates from Aniplex are deluding themselves that this joke is gonna sell? Seriously, what the hell...

Have you seem Tokyo Ghoul.
Go see it and then read the manga.
Then come back n talk about butchered beyond belief.
Aug 24, 2016 4:38 PM

Aug 2014
Lots of the low ratings come from people who dropped it at early episodes, so odds are their votes won't be counted in due to the 1/5th rule, so I'll say somewhere in the 6.6-7.2 range.
Aug 24, 2016 6:49 PM
Jul 2016
Because of some die-hard fans and die-hard haters I guess the series will end with a score around 7 to 7.2

Even though I love this anime and I am enjoying very much each chapter, my personal score will be 6 to 6.5 for various reasons. (3 being Rosario to Vampire and 10 being Utena or Penguinodrum, I still haven't found a 0 to 1 rated anime, please someone recommend me a truly bad series).

Art and Animation: 5
Music: I don't know.
Story so far: 7
Characterization: 4
Writing (Pacing, how they put the scenes together and when to change to the next scene): 5
Enjoyment: 6

Overall 6.2, since to me story has more weight than animation.

1) This is an animated series so a good animation and consistent art is a must.
I am not saying that everything should look perfect, but having some bits with good art and others with good animation while other parts are full of derp faces and weird movements is a deep red score for me. It should be always bad or always good, saying that it was because of outsourcing due to lack of time, even though is true it's only an excuse that it won't change the outcome. (I'll probably be a jerk teacher). I don't care about CGs, the monsters in CG version look out of place and fake which is the way they should show the monsters in Rewrite (personal opinion).

2) Rushing scenes and bad pacing.
In a VN the slow pacing is acceptable since the reader can slowly read and get to know the characters.
In an anime, especially if the story is based on a long VN, the pacing must be controlled in a godly way or you can just outright say that this is a promotion for the VN (out of context, Angel Beats had the same problem and I kinda feel that Charlotte would become a VN too).
This show feels like they try to follow the VN slow pacing but they suddenly rush things due to lack of time.

3) Characterization is awful. Because is too rushed, a viewer can get to like the characters and even if something happens to them, the viewers will only react "I see." Well, if one looks carefully at the characters they will get tons of hints of their inner personalities, but being a late night show this wouldn't work.

4) Story, I can't say anything about it since the anime hasn't finished yet, but until now the story is good if the viewer tries to understand and get the few hints that they throw and I am not talking about Kotarou's flashbacks and those little hands touching his injured arm, I am talking more about the subtle hints which I won't say due to spoiler reasons (I only noticed them since I already read the VN).

5) Music and Sounds: Seriously don't know, I really liked philosphyz, but that's only personal opinion and the bgm is something that I usually ignore.
Sep 2, 2016 8:30 PM

Mar 2016
It's already at a 6.99, that says a lot. If this wasn't a Key anime I would've dropped this ages ago...
Sep 2, 2016 10:43 PM

Nov 2013
I think this anime is going to be left in the dust, like most unmemorable(not saying it is) seasonal anime. It will probably stay around 6.90 or 6.96, maybe higher after the blu ray release.
Sep 3, 2016 12:23 AM

Oct 2015
Yourlolm said:
Rin_Kitsune said:

agreed, pfft letting the guy who directed grisaia no kajitsu direct rewrite was a terrrible idea. Does 8bit even have any good directors?
Sep 3, 2016 5:56 PM
Nov 2015
I expect 8-bits make second season
Sep 3, 2016 6:09 PM

Aug 2015
It's probably going to drop to about 6.90 with how salty these forums are.
Sep 3, 2016 6:34 PM
Jul 2018
Harmony said:
Yourlolm said:

agreed, pfft letting the guy who directed grisaia no kajitsu direct rewrite was a terrrible idea. Does 8bit even have any good directors?

Um I don't even know. And well, I think he's more of a hit or miss... in all honesty, at least for me, it just seems like... 2 shit episode counts in a row? I mean sure their fault for not making extra ideas or plans, but then its like the production company... eh. Can't say much.
Sep 3, 2016 7:02 PM

Apr 2015
sat2400 said:
I expect 8-bits make second season

I expect nothing. And I hope I'm right.
Sep 3, 2016 8:56 PM
Jul 2013
With how rushed this series has been up to this point, the ending will probably end up just as rushed. The score will likely remain between 6.50 and 6.90.

Unless... it somehow pulls off a Musaigan no Phantom World with really good final episodes which would increase it above 7.00. We'll see...
Sep 3, 2016 9:14 PM
Jul 2018
Doommaker said:
With how rushed this series has been up to this point, the ending will probably end up just as rushed. The score will likely remain between 6.50 and 6.90.

Unless... it somehow pulls off a Musaigan no Phantom World with really good final episodes which would increase it above 7.00. We'll see...

I don't really see it going THAT low at least 6.50, It takes a lot, I assume probably 6.75 or something or 6.90. That's all I am assuming so.
Sep 4, 2016 6:23 AM

Jun 2015
Rewrite has a lot of fanboys(me being one of them who rate this a 10/10), but honestly idk.

7.1 wouldn't be that bad
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 22, 2016 3:14 AM

Dec 2012
From looks the things now the final avg most likely 6.50-6.75 since after episode 12 aired it went from 6.93 to 6.86 plus the people that drop or have their episodes while watching early on (episodes 1-6) doesn't count.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Sep 22, 2016 7:55 AM

Jan 2015
I don't care anymore, it's not Rewrite.
Sep 22, 2016 8:12 AM

Aug 2013
Hopefully 6.50 but even that is too high
Sep 22, 2016 9:37 AM
May 2015
DoctorWasabi said:
Yourlolm said:

I agree, Kyoto Animation or J.C Staff would have handled this adaption a lot better than how 8bit is handling this adaptation. Though, J.C Staff did rush the 1st Season of Little Busters so they would have probably done the same thing for the 1st Season of Rewrite.

Since Kyoto Animation no longer adapts Key's VN, J.C Staff is our only hope for another good KEY anime adaptation.

Sep 22, 2016 9:41 AM

Jan 2014
jc9622 said:
DoctorWasabi said:

I agree, Kyoto Animation or J.C Staff would have handled this adaption a lot better than how 8bit is handling this adaptation. Though, J.C Staff did rush the 1st Season of Little Busters so they would have probably done the same thing for the 1st Season of Rewrite.

Since Kyoto Animation no longer adapts Key's VN, J.C Staff is our only hope for another good KEY anime adaptation.

Little Busters Refrain was absolutely beautiful though.

No other studio is ever gonna touch Rewrite again for a future remake of the entire thing, considering how badly 8bit is fucking over the show.

It's really sad because I've put 40+ hours into the VN and I experienced so many emotions in that time. It's like seeing your baby die :(
Sep 22, 2016 9:46 AM

Apr 2015
DoctorWasabi said:
jc9622 said:

QFT!

No other studio is ever gonna touch Rewrite again for a future remake of the entire thing, considering how badly 8bit is fucking over the show.

Unfortunately.

It's really sad because I've put 40+ hours into the VN and I experienced so many emotions in that time. It's like seeing your baby die :(

It's 250+ hours in my case, but again, I agree.
Sep 22, 2016 9:57 AM

Jan 2014
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
DoctorWasabi said:

QFT!

Unfortunately.

250 hours? what O__O ?

The common route is long, but Idk how you clocked in 250+ . The database says it takes around 50 hours to complete https://vndb.org/v751

Unless you replayed the VN
Sep 22, 2016 10:01 AM

Jul 2015
This anime will probably end with the same score of Masou Gakuen or Hundred from last season.

I'm not sure how did they manage to screw up. Key adaptation is easy money in Japan. Just give the budget and get the profit later.
Sep 22, 2016 10:18 AM

Apr 2015
DoctorWasabi said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

250 hours? what O__O ?

The common route is long, but Idk how you clocked in 250+ . The database says it takes around 50 hours to complete https://vndb.org/v751

Well...

Common route + Kotori
Common route + Chihaya
Common route + Lucia
Common route + Shizuru
Common route + Akane
Moon
Terra
"Spoiled end" quest
Common route (again) for Kotori's seed planting quest + some friends
Common route (AGAIN!) for the rest of the quests & friends + Oppai ending (3 scenes =/= a route)

All this without a walkthrough. And no skipping of course.
Sep 22, 2016 10:18 AM

Jan 2015
DoctorWasabi said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

250 hours? what O__O ?

" > 50 " = " 50hs+++++ "

But really, 250 is ... even completing all quests and replaying common route, seems too much.
Arikado-Sep 22, 2016 10:21 AM
Sep 22, 2016 1:42 PM
May 2015
DoctorWasabi said:
jc9622 said:

Of course, I forgave what J.C Staff did in the 1st Season because of Little Busters: Refrain. Remembering Refrain is getting me all teary Dx.

DoctorWasabi said:

Well, that blows. I really don't want to play the VN (since I'm playing other games right now and I don't have the time to play a VN) but if that's the only way I can experience a good Rewrite then I'm just going to play the VN in the future.

Sep 22, 2016 2:04 PM

Jan 2014
Arikado- said:
DoctorWasabi said:

250 hours? what O__O ?

" > 50 " = " 50hs+++++ "

But really, 250 is ... even completing all quests and replaying common route, seems too much.

I have completed all of the girls routes in 43 hours, and only have Moon and Terra left to do. I would assume it would take me to alittle above 50 hours ( which is why I said around 50 hours )

Sep 22, 2016 5:04 PM

Mar 2016
Why everyone so convinced that score rises after anime end? There is a possibility that score drops even more, if majority rate it 6 or less, because last episodes are most important for *MAL e-peen anime score* ...and those 10/11/12 episodes were bad..
Sep 23, 2016 5:13 AM

Apr 2015
-3000 votes equals + 0.7 in score.
N7n4shiSep 23, 2016 12:54 PM
Sep 24, 2016 8:36 AM
Jun 2013
For the guys who say
J.C Staff is our only hope for another good KEY anime adaptation.

Little busters is BY FAR the worst adaptation of key
Rewrite at least don't try to adapt the VN and make plotholes and stupid changes from the original source
Rewrite is an original route made from Tanaka, and now we will have moon and terra

A LOT better than the bullshit that was Little busters
Never forget Rin2 ending in 3 min without any dialogue :) .
Sep 24, 2016 8:39 AM

Apr 2015
Nemeios said:
For the guys who say
J.C Staff is our only hope for another good KEY anime adaptation.

Little busters is BY FAR the worst adaptation of key
Rewrite at least don't try to adapt the VN and make plotholes and stupid changes from the original source
Rewrite is an original route made from Tanaka, and now we will have moon and terra

A LOT better than the bullshit that was Little busters
Never forget Rin2 ending in 3 min without any dialogue :) .

This post is lol worthy.
"ORIGINAL ROUTE!!!! from MUH TANAKA" Get out of here!
Sep 24, 2016 8:47 AM
Jun 2013
I'm not even a fan from Tanaka, but is better to have an original route from te original author than what JC Staff did with LB!.
Sep 24, 2016 8:50 AM

May 2012
The anime deserve 7+ because it got more serious

I will probably end up rating it 7

The anime remind of Grisaia no Kajitsu, were it has weak start but got a lot better in last few episodes and the sequel was much better
Sep 24, 2016 8:57 AM

Apr 2015
Nemeios said:
I'm not even a fan from Tanaka, but is better to have an original route from te original author than what JC Staff did with LB!.

Original route my ass. It's a fuckin' patchwork, not original route.

LB anime fucked Komari and Haruka routes and the pacing of the first season was all over the place, but it was GODLY compared to this "original route" bullshit.
And Refrain was simply amazing. Rin2 ending in that form was enough for me. In the VN it was all about Riki's fishing and Rin collecting cats, nothing really spectacular. Oh, and Hanabi is a beautiful song, so your Rin2 argument can go fuck itself.
Sep 24, 2016 5:24 PM

Mar 2014
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Rin_Kitsune said:

Pref:
24-26 ep main routes
12-13 ep moon+terra

no need for 3 seasons

After the recent news..How wrong u were xD
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

294 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

167 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2016

329 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.