Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2016 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, I knew it. Shun has to battle against Ruri (brainwashed..)

What I found interesting is Ruri's style of dueling that has a similar style compared to Shun. (Exceed summoning + swarming). I never get tired of seeing Shun's dueling combos though in particular with his Raid Raptors (Blaze Falcon). Parasite Fusioner is played..not really surprising.

Really glad to see Shun winning his match :D
Aug 21, 2016 2:08 AM
Jun 2011
i have a feeling that even if he defeated ruri she still didnt released from the doctor control it a trap
elior1Aug 21, 2016 2:56 AM
Aug 21, 2016 5:44 AM
Dec 2011
Some points of interest this episode:
- We finally find out what those huge flying towers are for - surveillance.
- The Battle Beast didn't get Sawatari at all, he KOs himself.
- Diana just lying dead over there while they duel.
- What a huge overlay on Ruri's part.
- The Doctor is really annoying Leo, you can tell just by looking at them.
- Sayaka actually won a duel once in her life.
- Little Fairy shenanigans again. New OST. Also, Xiangke/Destruction Magician shenanigans put into a Spell Card.
- Alternate Rank 5 Falcon!
- Ruri is aware and takes control. Shun beats her by declaring ''attack Kurosaki Ruri directly'' (her full name). Hope she can shake off the parasite.
- Battle Beast crap again...

Next couple of episodes are not that interesting to me. I hate that Sanders guy, I hate Battle Beast, I hate the jungle field battle royale, and I hate the fact Tsukikage was carded.
Otherwise, I hope it ends soon and we finally cut to the more important matters of the series.
Aug 21, 2016 6:50 AM

Sep 2011

Remember that back in episode 24 Yuto said this? Yup... I'll be forever laughing at this quote. :P (I know she didn't do it willingly, but still...)

A fine (but a bit boring) duel and Ruri is pretty qt. Both siblings use low-ATK birds with powerful effects. I'll be in trouble when Shun's new Rank 5 is released and my brother adds it to his Extra Deck... I wonder what in the end made it that Ruri can actually control herself, unlike Rin? Maybe the parasite is much, much deeper/has almost full control over Rin rather than Ruri? Maybe it's not as effective on Ruri (for some reason)? Maybe it's the fact that unlike Rin, she knows (and has been enlightened) by EGAO which means she actually doesn't wanna fight :P ?

Next time we see some nostalgia back in the game.
RukaliiniAug 21, 2016 7:36 AM
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Aug 21, 2016 9:47 AM
Apr 2013
Rukaliini said:

Remember that back in episode 24 Yuto said this? Yup... I'll be forever laughing at this quote. :P (I know she didn't do it willingly, but still...)

A fine (but a bit boring) duel and Ruri is pretty qt. Both siblings use low-ATK birds with powerful effects. I'll be in trouble when Shun's new Rank 5 is released and my brother adds it to his Extra Deck... I wonder what in the end made it that Ruri can actually control herself, unlike Rin? Maybe the parasite is much, much deeper/has almost full control over Rin rather than Ruri? Maybe it's not as effective on Ruri (for some reason)? Maybe it's the fact that unlike Rin, she knows (and has been enlightened) by EGAO which means she actually doesn't wanna fight :P ?

Or maybe Ruri's mental or sheer force of will is much stronger than Rin.
Aug 21, 2016 6:46 PM
Feb 2016
This episode.

It exceeded my hype.

Man, I'm really glad Shun won, but Ruri's cards are cool too. Too bad it doesn't look like she's completely free yet... and we don't get to see any of them next episode...
Aug 21, 2016 7:25 PM

Oct 2011
shun won but ruri still mind controled

Sawatari and Crow yay

Beast duelist omg
Aug 22, 2016 1:32 AM
Sep 2013
Shun was able to get Ruri to respond and break through her mind control like nothing even though Yugo wasn't able to get Rin to budge even an inch. That must hurt, Yugo, that must hurt.

Maybe it cuz no matter what, Shun will always be Ruri's brother but Rin can just find a new lover *cough* the Doctor *cough*
MrNTRAug 22, 2016 1:36 AM
Aug 22, 2016 3:26 AM

Feb 2013
Kurosaki defeated Ruri, and maybe she isn't controlled anymore.
Aug 22, 2016 3:59 AM

Mar 2012
Neo New Great Ultra Strong Hyper Miracle Ultimate Super Sawatari duel get interrupted again.

Next week is GB with Contact Fusion/Tag Out again after such a long time. About time someone will use Ritual Beast.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 22, 2016 4:12 AM

Jul 2016
elior1 said:
i have a feeling that even if he defeated ruri she still didnt released from the doctor control it a trap

I got the same feeling as you... but let's just hope it didn't go that way, instead Ruri back to her real self.
Aug 22, 2016 11:11 AM

Jul 2016
Didn't quite like this episode.
The animation looks off, they've been repeating shots, the duel was short and I still don't get how Kaito gave the card to Shun while he was beggining the duel and yet Ruri was surprised when he summoned it.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Aug 23, 2016 4:02 AM

Sep 2011
Frost190 said:
Or maybe Ruri's mental or sheer force of will is much stronger than Rin.

Whoop, it was so obvious yet that thought didn't even cross my mind... damn.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Aug 23, 2016 10:47 AM

Jul 2015
Sort of off topic, but has anyone explained how the action fields are working without the Solid Vision projectors from Standard?
Aug 24, 2016 1:33 AM
Apr 2013
Bill_the_Cat said:
Sort of off topic, but has anyone explained how the action fields are working without the Solid Vision projectors from Standard?

The Lancers' Duel Disk are already programmed with Action Field system.
Aug 25, 2016 5:44 AM
Sep 2012
So we back to Shun's duel with Ruri. And dam it was heart breaking watching this duel, and Ruri to her credit she was doing her best to fight the brain washing bug.

Yes Shun was kind of a jerk back in the day, but he is a changed person. In the end, I don't think Ruri broke the brainwash, but held down as long she could, so Shun could defeat her.

They haven't used the bug on Yuzu, I hope they do, I want to see evil Yuzu which was foreshadowed in episode 2, looks like Kaito is going to duel the brainwashing dueler and the brainwashing might be un done if he is defeated, though that is not certain.

Meanwhile back to Yuya's group, Shingo gets away with dumb luck, that is Shingo great weapon, dumb luck always saves him, he is like the Mr. Satin of the series, anyway I guess we will get a conclusion to that story very soon.
Mar 10, 2019 8:38 PM

Dec 2012
Shun reunites with best girl Ruri.
Ruri wants to duel.
Sawatari fell.
5 direct attacks!
Sawatari lives.
lol at Parasite Fusioner wrapping around Nightingale oppai.
Ruri lost to Sayaka?
Dat smack.
Kaito gave Shun Little Fairy.
Ruri is stopping Ruri?
Ruri lost.
Someone in the bushes.

Thought Shun would lose considering they made Yugo lose.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 8, 2020 9:04 PM

Feb 2014
All those loli bird girls cards are very cute.

Independent Nightingale, the card that got Neptune banned.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.