Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 13, 2016 12:08 PM

Feb 2016
jc9622 said:
So are they going to explain how Kotarou got that Wolverine blade-like shit?

The pacing is actually a lot better than the previous episodes and I feel like the plot is about to begin..

I also got to see my best girl Lucia being a badass xD...Though, the fight animation felt really underwhelming.

This was a good episode, finally.

4/5

They probably will later, it is explained in the VN and its something we will probably see a lot of in the coming episodes.

Aug 13, 2016 12:08 PM

Mar 2010
Dodokoce said:

Im still waiting for this song!

Also this episode was good, but still, ep 4 is my favorite.

And here I am, still waiting for Beyond the Darkness, my favorite track from VN (second favorite is DIS is a Pain)

jc9622 said:

Hopefully they will explain it. It's a pretty nice little detail
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Aug 13, 2016 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
zaydgh123 said:
Tensho should do less directing and more OP storyboarding

he really knows how to stage cool looking shots that fit with the music and knows how to direct montage scenes but he is not good at coming up with original visual ideas for dialogue scenes, he is great at action scenes though

In all honestly I can agree with this with you in terms of Tensho's positions. He's better in storyboarding Openings more.
Aug 13, 2016 12:29 PM
May 2016
Koutarou with wolverine thing xD The two just got badass. This episode was interesting, though I felt awkward to the CGI. I'm glad to see Kagari again, Well looking forward for the next episode.
Neo_oeNAug 13, 2016 12:33 PM
Aug 13, 2016 12:31 PM

Jan 2014
Woah there, Raptor Army. You're not due for another 2 routes and Kotarou attaining universal enlightenment.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2016 12:36 PM

Aug 2012
Oh man if we get Kotori backstory next episode...
Aug 13, 2016 12:38 PM

Sep 2014
That plot twist though!

The animation and CG mixed was so jarring to look at though, so the action scenes looked really awkward.

I'm interested in seeing what happens next.
Aug 13, 2016 12:43 PM

Aug 2015
Did the art just get 2x better compared to the previous episodes? :o ( except those CGs, they were freaking terrible ;_; )

Not sure what to feel about the episode itself... As an original development, this felt great. However, this seriously lacked the impact of what one would expect from Nov 13...

Still a nice episode. The shit finally started moving xD

And did Sakuya just NTR 2 of my gals? O_O
Aug 13, 2016 1:33 PM
Jul 2018
Z-Dante said:
Did the art just get 2x better compared to the previous episodes? :o ( except those CGs, they were freaking terrible ;_; )

Not sure what to feel about the episode itself... As an original development, this felt great. However, this seriously lacked the impact of what one would expect from Nov 13...

Still a nice episode. The shit finally started moving xD

And did Sakuya just NTR 2 of my gals? O_O

I asked if he just NTR'd them both xD
Aug 13, 2016 1:34 PM

Aug 2013
Worst episode yet.

- CGI familiars looked terrible
- Kotarou's aurora looked disappointing compared to the description and picture in the VN
- Pacing way too fast, too many things happening that's going to leave some anime-only viewers rather confused
- Shizuru & Lucia fighting dinosaurs animation looked so shit
- Anime-original scene of them all meeting up was just lame imo.
- Kagari's appearance was also rendered very disappointing due to some anime-original scenes of her BS fight in the earlier episodes and overused flashbacks. The VN made her appearance so much more mysterious.

This was supposed to be the epic climax of the common route and they messed up literally everything.

0/5
Aug 13, 2016 1:39 PM

Aug 2012
So so episode
I found the battle scenes quite awkward.
Common route is over
Hope he will go for
Aug 13, 2016 1:46 PM
Sep 2015
jc9622 said:

The pacing is actually a lot better than the previous episodes and I feel like the plot is about to begin..

I also got to see my best girl Lucia being a badass xD...Though, the fight animation felt really underwhelming.

4/5

YES LUCIA AND SHIZURU SO BADASS AND BEST GIRLS
Aug 13, 2016 1:59 PM

May 2015
Damn, this episode was so good. That was some fine action, but those CG dragons were another thing, though.... That was some shit CG, lol.

Now, let's see where it goes from here.

Aug 13, 2016 2:00 PM

Feb 2014
the fact that this episode was so good makes me even more frustrated that almost everything that came before it was so awful, hope it can just keep this up ._.
Aug 13, 2016 2:15 PM

Aug 2013
Kotarou underwent several bad moments in this episode, but also showed a new power, it can not help but relate his claws with another famous character.

And then a great twist in the plot, many characters are hiding many things from the protagonist, the personality of Akane gave me a little angry this episode, on the other hand, I'm enjoying more of Lucia's personality, one more step to be the best girl, I'm really looking forward to the next episodes ..
Aug 13, 2016 2:23 PM
Dec 2014
Good Episode...I think the last part would be better if they put it in the next episode, but they put it here...it didn't have as much impact and despair as the VN

Aaand, what's up with the raptors? It's completely original, we should only see earth dragond and leaf dragons here!

Oh ans also the way the leaf dragon died, I liked the VN more :3

The only part that was done better than the VN is the scene where kotarou shoutes about friendship and amigos
Aug 13, 2016 2:27 PM
Jul 2018
zaidk said:
Good Episode...I think the last part would be better if they put it in the next episode, but they put it here...it didn't have as much impact and despair as the VN

Aaand, what's up with the raptors? It's completely original, we should only see earth dragond and leaf dragons here!

Oh ans also the way the leaf dragon died, I liked the VN more :3

The only part that was done better than the VN is the scene where kotarou shoutes about friendship and amigos

Well the last thing you pointed... its Morita, I think he loves Kotarou a lot to this point of doing that type of voice >w<
Aug 13, 2016 3:01 PM

Dec 2014
All hail CG dinosaurs.

An alright episode I guess.
Aug 13, 2016 3:05 PM
Jul 2016
I feel betrayed. President was cool (playing first person shooters) and the orange haired tsundere...Eh, didn't care for, but DAMN. The reveal at the end.
Aug 13, 2016 3:08 PM

Mar 2011
Finally comes the real rewrite.
Decent episode, best episode so far (not up to expectations)
I have just summarized the opinions that I share with people who have read VNs, please continue reading
Aug 13, 2016 3:17 PM
Jan 2009
Those CGs. My eyes hurt.
Fight direction was also inconsistent, the animations were good, but the actions didn't flow well and there was that ankward moment when Lucia, Shizuru and every single monster were perfectly still.

Waiting for the actual plot to start.
Aug 13, 2016 3:57 PM

Jul 2012
Reverberate__ said:
Damn, this episode was so good. That was some fine action, but those CG dragons were another thing, though.... That was some shit CG, lol.

Please tell me what to watch so I can see "GOOD" CGI. Other people people in this thread complain about CGI because they don't like CGI in general, but you seem different so maybe you can tell me. What the fuck is "GOOD" CGI?

I just don't understand why people such a problem with CGI... Like the directing for the Lucia/ Shizuru vs the raptors complaint I understand the problems with that, but the actual CG of the raptors was ok. My eyes didn't melt from viewing that.

Speaking of the raptors, thats not entirely an anime original scene. It's just taking liberties with what was implied in the VN, which was when Kotarou was handling the dogs, Lucia / Shizuru were fighting something else in the forest. Of course, they DID change some things around due to how early Guardian was revealed but aside from bad action scene directing, this episode was great.

Viewers not being connected to the characters and not feeling the pain during Kotarou's amigo speech / desperation at the end, is due to not having enough time to connect with the characters (13 episodes). A valid complaint, but since I've already connected with the characters having read the VN, this episode was practically orgasmic for me. Which further reinforces my point in an earlier thread that Rewrite thus far is just fanservice for VN readers. Its an okay series on its own to an openminded anime only viewer, but clearly there are plenty of people who can't just ride along.

We'll see how the anime only stuff fares. I'd imagine they're still going to pull in scenes from the VN but mix them in with their new ideas.
Aug 13, 2016 4:06 PM

Feb 2016
jaxter0987 said:
Reverberate__ said:

Please tell me what to watch so I can see "GOOD" CGI. Other people people in this thread complain about CGI because they don't like CGI in general, but you seem different so maybe you can tell me. What the fuck is "GOOD" CGI?

I just don't understand why people such a problem with CGI... Like the directing for the Lucia/ Shizuru vs the raptors complaint I understand the problems with that, but the actual CG of the raptors was ok. My eyes didn't melt from viewing that.

Speaking of the raptors, thats not entirely an anime original scene. It's just taking liberties with what was implied in the VN, which was when Kotarou was handling the dogs, Lucia / Shizuru were fighting something else in the forest. Of course, they DID change some things around due to how early Guardian was revealed but aside from bad action scene directing, this episode was great.

Viewers not being connected to the characters and not feeling the pain during Kotarou's amigo speech / desperation at the end, is due to not having enough time to connect with the characters (13 episodes). A valid complaint, but since I've already connected with the characters having read the VN, this episode was practically orgasmic for me. Which further reinforces my point in an earlier thread that Rewrite thus far is just fanservice for VN readers. Its an okay series on its own to an openminded anime only viewer, but clearly there are plenty of people who can't just ride along.

We'll see how the anime only stuff fares. I'd imagine they're still going to pull in scenes from the VN but mix them in with their new ideas.

As a VN reader i really enjoyed this episode too, the only thing that felt uneasy was the designs of the familars however you could argue that the familiars look ok as it looks like something unworldly and unnatural but i dont see a big problem with it, when you say about the feels i feel the exact same way as it reminds me of the VN and im already attached to all the girls.

Aug 13, 2016 4:06 PM

Jul 2013
The CGI raptors looked awkward as fuck. The wolves and the flower monster wasn't exactly .

That escalated quickly at the end. It seems Koutarou's harem has breaking for good. Wonder what will happen at this point.

Those wolverine claws were cool too. Koutarou will need them to avoid being beaten up like in this episode.
Aug 13, 2016 4:19 PM

Jan 2012
Quite the action packed outing, with monsters galore. No shock the girls are on different sides. Think I prefer whichever side Kotori's on. XD
Aug 13, 2016 4:39 PM

Mar 2014
Them CGI raptors

B-E-A-T-I-F-U-L
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 13, 2016 4:45 PM

May 2015
Yucky CG and badly directed action. But the plot's started up now, so yay?
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Aug 13, 2016 5:19 PM

Dec 2013
The CGI raptors were pretty bad but I liked the leaf dragon.

Shit is FINALLY going down. Time for some anime original stuff :P
Aug 13, 2016 6:37 PM

Dec 2015
Really good episode!!! 4.5/5

Looks like I guessed correctly on everything in the last episode thread about what was happening with Gaia, Guardian, the key, and Kotori, and who is a part of which one :D. They made it obvious last episode though to be able to infer from through the tension they created. Now that I know I was right, this really is going to be an interesting story from this point on :).
Aug 13, 2016 6:51 PM
Jul 2016
I loved this chapter, specially that Sakuya's last scene, he looked so criminal.
JanusVonMariaAug 13, 2016 7:05 PM
Aug 13, 2016 7:02 PM

Jan 2016
JanusVonMaria said:
I loved this chapter, specially that Sakuya's last scene, he looked so criminal.

T-They're not supposed to be lolis though .-.
VN adaptations trigger me
Aug 13, 2016 7:07 PM
Jul 2016
stevenharryw said:
JanusVonMaria said:

Even in the VN they looked like lolis.
I suspect that Key supports lolicons...
Aug 13, 2016 7:31 PM

Apr 2014
Great episode, much better than most entries thus far. My major complaint this episode is the art, it felt really lackluster unfortunately, not to mention the horrible dinosaur cgi, the wolves and dragon was fine though. Let's see where the anime goes now with common route done and all.

4/5
Aug 13, 2016 7:58 PM

Sep 2015
Somehow they made it. Yeah, the plot twist is really good actually, we got to see most of the same important part with different story. Good job!

Edit: 8bit sucks, White Fox did much better animation
aspaknyaaAug 13, 2016 8:34 PM
Aug 13, 2016 9:18 PM

Jan 2014
People are saying Gaia isn't "evil" but controlling dinosaurs, demon!wolves and flying mosquito monsters that go around killing people isn't really good either...
Aug 13, 2016 9:36 PM

Jan 2016
JanusVonMaria said:
stevenharryw said:

I don't really see how, we've seen their bodies and the only true "lolis" are Kagari and Shizuru. I think you don't understand what a loli is.
VN adaptations trigger me
Aug 13, 2016 9:54 PM
Jul 2016
stevenharryw said:
JanusVonMaria said:

I don't really see how, we've seen their bodies and the only true "lolis" are Kagari and Shizuru. I think you don't understand what a loli is.

Spoiler image for Kotori route

Super spoiler image if one looks at the background
Aug 13, 2016 10:18 PM
Aug 2015
most intense 15 fps battle I've seen
reminds me trying to play any decent game at my old pc

srsly what kind of frame rate was that?? Terrible animation ffs
PogChamp
Aug 13, 2016 10:36 PM

Jul 2015
JanusVonMaria said:
stevenharryw said:

Spoiler image for Kotori route

Super spoiler image if one looks at the background

I think you don't understand the difference between loli and moe.
Aug 13, 2016 10:56 PM

Aug 2013
Jotakak said:
People are saying Gaia isn't "evil" but controlling dinosaurs, demon!wolves and flying mosquito monsters that go around killing people isn't really good either...

Gaia is evil but not all of their members are

Aug 13, 2016 11:06 PM

Sep 2013
Ugh....I'm done with this sucky, go-nowhere show. Those stupid cg raptors were laughably bad. There's not a single character I actually care about (or even vaguely remember from week to week for that matter). Nothing in this show makes me look forward to the next episode. It just rambles on and on with no real direction. Blech....DROPPED!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 13, 2016 11:14 PM

Jun 2013
So Inoue got a bit too curious and that's about to kill this kitty. The adults have given up on the search after 5 unsuccessful days and to please the media and everyone else, it's all Koutaro's fault she's dead. So to do what the adults couldn't, Koutaro and his band of misfits decide to find the journalist for themselves.

I like how all the girls went to pee together so that Koutaro stays alone to make for a perfect situation where he gets attacked and has to search for everyone after they all get separated. And Koutaro gets attacked and gets his hand almost bitten off but he goes Wolverine and kills one which scares off the rest. And shoulders Lucia just touch the monsters or whatever? Wouldn't that be easier than swinging around sharp objects? Koutaro meets the fighting duo of Lucia and Shizuru and then leaves the winged dinosaurs to them while he goes to rescue Chihaya, Akane and Kotori. The ribbon loli shows up again to protect Koutaro from the weird flying whatever. And Kotori can supposedly see the ribbon loli now.

Akane, Chihaya and Sakuya are part of Gaia and thus are Lucia and Shizuru's Guardian's enemies. Well, Sakuya was already suspicious ever since he saved Koutaro when he was falling while being chased while he was chasing the ribbon loli and Akane had her suspicious aura. And since Chihaya knew both Sakuya and Akane she was suspicious too. And it appears that maybe Kotori is the only relatively normal person here, unless she has some power and isn't part of any organization like Koutaro. Curious to see if anything is up with Kotori or not. The forest was set up as a Gaia base and Inoue was probably deemed a threat which is why she was eliminated or captured. The rescue party was also deemed to be trespassing which is why they were attacked.

We now know about Akane and Chihaya's true identity. We were previously told about Lucia and Shizuru too. Now Kotori remains. Why did Kotori stop him from swinging at the ribbon loli? Was it simply "don't hurt anyone" or was there some other reason? Interested in seeing how Koutaro became a Wolverine.

That CGI though.... Good job 8bit. The action was okay I guess but that CGI was yikes.
Aug 14, 2016 12:40 AM
Dec 2010
Okay , so we knew from the beginning that the anime art-style won't be anything like the VN or even close to other Key adaptions like Clannad & Little Busters & I kinda grew to accept the designs & drawings mostly as the anime went by . However , some scenes & the coloring really started to bug me especially when they show Tennouji & the monsters look hilarious .
-That Wolverine thing lol
-The Gaia thing was predicted af after we knew about the 2 other girls previously :|
-I really want to know more about Kotori & what's her role among all this .
-Too little Yoshino screen-time :")
-This is supposedly an original 6th route about the frills girl & we're more than half-through the anime without her showing up much or knowing anything about her & her relationship with Tennouji :|

If I had enough disk-space & the will to sit through more than 50hr+ of gameplay I would've just played the VN but meh :")
Aug 14, 2016 1:33 AM

Jul 2014
Hooray for forced drama right at the start with the Occult Club being shut down for the sake of the plot (what a bunch of bullshit). Other than that, and the Lizards just standing there while Lucia was talking to Kotarou, this was an interesting episode with a good plot twist. Mind you, this new route is supposed to be about ribbons girl, isn't it? So how come she has barely appeared when we're already more than halfway through the show? And it doesn't seem like bringing her into things is going to be too easy, so I can't say I really understand what this is actually going to do about it without being rushed.
Aug 14, 2016 1:55 AM
Jul 2018
danieltortoisee said:
Hooray for forced drama right at the start with the Occult Club being shut down for the sake of the plot (what a bunch of bullshit). Other than that, and the Lizards just standing there while Lucia was talking to Kotarou, this was an interesting episode with a good plot twist. Mind you, this new route is supposed to be about ribbons girl, isn't it? So how come she has barely appeared when we're already more than halfway through the show? And it doesn't seem like bringing her into things is going to be too easy, so I can't say I really understand what this is actually going to do about it without being rushed.

For the first thing that you mentioned (about the forced drama), the reason why this is a problem its because again, the anime skims over the buildup and the relationship of the characters (if you have seen the previous episode with the club activities that they usually so, usually in the VN it shows longer versions of the activities, how the characters were getting along and having fun together which builds up towards that speech that Kotarou just mentioned). Which I get where you're coming from and that's quite understandable in the end. As for me I guess I already have developed a bond with the characters already so I didn't really mind it, but of course I do get your point on that.

And for the second thing that you mentioned, yes it's towards the ribbon girl (and if you want my reasons a bit as to probably why they wanted to make that route, its because in the original Visual Novel, she wasn't developed to its full potential, making her rather a bit of an underwhelming character imo, but the other reason would be rather interesting... probably telling the story in a different way without adapting the routes, which its probably). And what you said, I have to also agree on that to some extent, however in the VN she looks rather more mysterious than in here... though she barely appears after Akane gives him the shikigamis the same way. I think in here she appeared more often though.

At this point, nobody knows where this is going though. For of course the original sixth route.
Aug 14, 2016 2:18 AM

Dec 2014
jc9622 said:

4/5

I agree with you still the complexity baffles me
Aug 14, 2016 2:19 AM

Sep 2014
danieltortoisee said:
Hooray for forced drama right at the start with the Occult Club being shut down for the sake of the plot (what a bunch of bullshit).

That scene isn't supposed to feel like that at all. It only does because this adaptation is rushed as fuck and poorly executed. As a result, viewers don't feel any attachment towards the characters and it looks like bullshit.

Instead of meaningful, believable scene, it looks like Kotarou becomes a drama queen all of a sudden for no apparent reason. It's only natural that people won't buy it. But originally, the scene is just fine... it's just that they couldn't do much better at this point, because the biggest issue is in the amount of episodes, execution, shitty build up, etc.

Of course, none of that changes that end result. But yeah, it could have been a good scene if this adaptation weren't so bad.
Aug 14, 2016 3:37 AM

Mar 2016
I thought the episode was kind of mediocre. I did NOT like the CGI (not the fact that it was used but rather how it looked and how I did not blend well with the 2D, especially on the monsters), I did not like the fight scene in general, for several reasons, but I won't list all of them.
The episode was well adapted, but there were barely any scene that I really especially liked, most was "just" okay. There was good directing and voice acting though,that might one of the extraordinary good things. Oh and pacing was ok this time. It was not a bad episode either. 4/5.
Aug 14, 2016 4:15 AM

May 2015
jaxter0987 said:
Reverberate__ said:

Lol. Don't get me wrong - I'm usually not the one being or to be bothered by CG, nor do I pay much attention it. I generally have nothing against CG, but the CG for the monsters felt prevalent in this episode to the point it was kinda hard or awkward to watch them. It just didn't fit or mix well with the whole environment and 2D. That's just me, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks that.
ReverberateAug 14, 2016 6:13 AM

Aug 14, 2016 4:25 AM

Dec 2013
FlamepriesT said:
danieltortoisee said:
Hooray for forced drama right at the start with the Occult Club being shut down for the sake of the plot (what a bunch of bullshit).

That scene isn't supposed to feel like that at all. It only does because this adaptation is rushed as fuck and poorly executed. As a result, viewers don't feel any attachment towards the characters and it looks like bullshit.

Instead of meaningful, believable scene, it looks like Kotarou becomes a drama queen all of a sudden for no apparent reason. It's only natural that people won't buy it. But originally, the scene is just fine... it's just that they couldn't do much better at this point, because the biggest issue is in the amount of episodes, execution, shitty build up, etc.

Of course, none of that changes that end result. But yeah, it could have been a good scene if this adaptation weren't so bad.

The reasons for the club being shut down were the same as the VN...
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2016

223 by White_Alice »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.