Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2016 4:21 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well that's no surprise. The fact that Eiichirou wants to compete in the All Japan Championship Tournament...

This is where he'll prove himself against the best of the best. Can't wait to see how far he'll go.
Aug 9, 2016 6:28 PM

Mar 2008
Ok, so that's how they are going to deal with it.

Kind of disappointing that they didn't show the discussion with his parents. Feel that's a pretty big event to just gloss across.

Did appreciate the time spent with the call to Natsu. Something that makes sense. Your girlfriend who is walking the path to being a pro is a good person to discuss all this with. Is something that concerns their future.

Talk about an insane opportunity that helped kick Ei-chan into action. A championship that is pretty massive (for Japan). All his rivals and even guys like Takuma and Ike will be there. Obviously not going to set the bar that he has to win that, because that is literally impossible.

And really I prefer the plan here. The condition of winning the All Japan Junior was ridiculously hard. Being more realistic here is a good thing. 2 Conditions this time. Results equivalent to an average pro player and being able to ensure he has funds to live that life. So he needs satisfactory results and appropriate sponsorship. Not impossible to reach.

And he's even making bold moves. Take time off school and go back to America to raise his game up to as high as he possibly can. Be as prepared as possible so he can get through the Qualifiers and reach his goals. And he still has a fall-back plan of 2 Universities if all else fails. Good on Ei-chan!
Aug 9, 2016 10:54 PM

Dec 2011
That's getting quite excited. Ei-chan going back to Florida to train..
Aug 10, 2016 1:04 AM

Feb 2014
Nacchan best girl JP
Around and around the cycle goes.
Aug 10, 2016 6:11 AM

Mar 2015
that was surprisingly rushed.. soo many good content cramped...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 10, 2016 10:13 AM

Dec 2012
FlareKnight said:

Kind of disappointing that they didn't show the discussion with his parents. Feel that's a pretty big event to just gloss across.

I agree. But I think since his parents have seen him play and do relatively well, and them seeing tennis is what he truly enjoys, his parents fully support him with the tennis direction now.
;)
Aug 10, 2016 11:45 AM

Mar 2008
Roguer said:
I agree. But I think since his parents have seen him play and do relatively well, and them seeing tennis is what he truly enjoys, his parents fully support him with the tennis direction now.

Yeah, it's not like we can't get the idea of how that conversation played out. Since we did get the conversation he had the first time he talked about going Pro. Just something I hope they delve back more into in a flashback. It's fine to want to end this chapter on that big declaration....I just wouldn't mind flashing back to that conversation later.

Not a necessity, but it'd be nice.
Aug 10, 2016 11:16 PM

Feb 2008
U!S!A! U!S!A! ;)

Still, his parents must be loaded if he can keep making these trips to America.

I wonder if he'll manage to beat Takuma and if anyone will manage to be Ike ;)

Roguer said:

I think "fully" might be a bit strong for his mom given her expression ;)
Aug 16, 2016 2:44 PM
Dec 2015
Yes!!!! So glad he's going back to florida! The people there were so cool so hope he meets up with him again.
Glad he's got another chance at the all Japan tournament. Hope he makes it pro and then they continue the manga as his as a pro player haha but think it will end once he becomes a pro 😂
Oct 27, 2018 12:01 PM
Aug 2018
They really dropped the ball with cutting out the conversation between the parents and him. During the entire manga it was built up to be the biggest hurdle and changing point in his life and we don't get to read the thought process / emotions / discussion that leads to his parents give in? What a bummer.

And sadly there are only ~60 translated chapters left. Seeing how they sometimes spend 20+ chapters on a single match, the story won't progess that far anymore. Sigh.

And with the current pace it will take roughly 4 more years for everything to be translated. I am grateful that there are people who translate this manga, but I wish there were more people involved to increase the translation progess. I wish I could at least read japanese, hehe.
tr25a3Oct 27, 2018 12:04 PM
Jan 30, 11:26 AM
Apr 2021
More moments between Eichan and Nachan!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baby Steps Chapter 455 Discussion

Kuma - May 22, 2023

8 by Sekaiou »»
May 28, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Baby Steps Chapter 454 Discussion

Sekaiou - May 28

0 by Sekaiou »»
May 28, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Baby Steps Chapter 447 Discussion

Sekaiou - May 28

0 by Sekaiou »»
May 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Baby Steps Chapter 409 Discussion

Kuma - Mar 8, 2021

1 by Sekaiou »»
May 27, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Baby Steps Chapter 392 Discussion

Kuma - Aug 17, 2020

1 by Sekaiou »»
May 27, 9:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.