Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2016 10:41 PM

Aug 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Fucking dead lol :
Dec 7, 2017 3:49 PM
Mar 2015
One of the children has to be Wham. But who's the other one...
Feb 7, 2018 12:12 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
CARS fly to space, and Jojo died? :/
Apr 6, 2018 2:16 AM

Dec 2015
Nice addition, this short bit of info.

Plus a good way to play on Joseph's trademark.

5/5
Sep 12, 2018 8:43 AM

Dec 2015
Launched into space, heh, deserved.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 22, 2018 2:30 PM

May 2016
After getting his arm cut off and his leg melted by Kars' Ripple, Jojo, cornered and on his last pair of limbs, unconsciously held up the Red Stone of Aja and triggered a massive supereruption. Joseph's hand even had a part in sending the Pillar Man off to the stars. After that explosion, Stroheim concluded that no one could've made it out of there alive...

I found the first time I watched this moment in the anime to be very awesome especially with Sono Chi no Sadame in the background but I also found it to be very weird because everything happened so fast without explanation but after reading this it does make sense in a way lmao

Dec 17, 2018 6:21 AM

Feb 2013
Cant he live in space?
May 9, 2019 7:03 AM

Feb 2017

MELD INTO THE INFINITE ABYSSSS!!
Nov 25, 2019 8:23 AM
Jul 2018
We got the origin of Cars and the pillar men... interesting. Lady luck smiled on Joseph yet again as Cars was blasted into space! When even the Earth can't kill him just toss him out, lmao.
Nov 28, 2019 4:30 PM

Jun 2016
We got a brief glimpse at Cars’ past this chapter and it made me feel more bored of him. His motivations may have been different and his demeanor much so, but the whole “I want to surpass my limits” cut throat goal was a bit too similar to Dio for my taste. He obviously had nuance and I don’t want to undervalue him but he certainly felt underwhelming as the big bad for me. Dio’s super villain actions only worked so well because of his origin and the humanizing way they pushed him to that limit, in other words the tragedy of Dio that we too felt. With Cars I would have preferred him to stay in the camp I had initially assumed, that is, for the Pillar Men to be wholly unhateable and in a sense, necessary. Instead Cars felt spiteful and arrogant and the narrator described him as “absolute evil”, yet he was an absolute evil I never felt too strongly about.

That said, his apparent care for his allies to some degree and his care over life are to be kept in mind, as with his genius ability to keep this plan on track and be composed until it was time to strike. And, his past was cool, the fact that he took two children with him and his companion ACDC especially. The term companion here makes me think he was an ally that was okay with Cars mission and actions. The two children may have been as simple as child soldiers to use as pawns for Cars and it seems assumed that they were Santana and Wham. It definitely gives a feeling of a family that have been together for a long time which strengthens ACDC and Wham’s loyalty for sure. However it leaves some confusion, for if the children were Santana and Wham, it seemed in the present that they were far different in age. Cars described Santana as living 1/10th of “their” life earlier in the manga, though truthfully we don’t know their aging process. Later Cars stated “ACDC and Wham were companions I had for more than a thousand years”, although, again, not necessarily going against the interpretation of Wham being the child. This opens up two further questions, one is why was Santana separated from them if they all started together, and second with seeing there were Pillar Women, if Cars is gone for good which I do have to question, Santana is this the last remaining Pillar Man and I presume he won’t be able to reproduce.

The fight all in all did half of what I wanted, that is, for it to feel more unclear on what is and isn’t Joseph’s plan. It didn’t have Cars out-intellect him and start some killer mind games as I’d hoped but, it was still a subversion. To have a battle genius who wins all of his battles through careful planning lose if not for a subconscious move with the stone and pure luck, and then to fake that it was all according to keikaku is perhaps the perfect way to end Joseph’s journey. The frantic back and forth and teamwork with our bro Stroheim helped stop this from feeling too formulaic. Outside of somehow Joseph not recognizing that the stone amplified ripple, I predicted that his cut off arm would definitely be used in the next trick paired with the stone to finish Cars off and send him to space. That happened just absolutely not at all like I was speculating!

So, Cars can transform into anything living as far as I know, but can that adapt to freaking space? I don’t think so… Either way, this kind of ends the Dio saga. Cars created the mask which resulted in Dio killing Jonathan and his dad. Later a zombie created in turn from the mask killed George sending Lisa Lisa into hiding. And now the ramifications of the man that has haunted the Joestar’s since Phantom Blood may have been stopped. Although, to be fair, there may still be stone masks in the world.
Sep 14, 2020 5:26 PM

Oct 2013
I liked the fragment about the origins of the civilization form which Cars, ACDC, Wham and Santana come from.

As for Cars, lady luck was definitely on Joseph's side! Thanks to that Cars had to defend one more time against the power of the whole planet. ;p
Feb 20, 2023 1:36 PM
Oct 2011
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
We got a brief glimpse at Cars’ past this chapter and it made me feel more bored of him.  His motivations may have been different and his demeanor much so, but the whole “I want to surpass my limits” cut throat goal was a bit too similar to Dio for my taste.  He obviously had nuance and I don’t want to undervalue him but he certainly felt underwhelming as the big bad for me.  Dio’s super villain actions only worked so well because of his origin and the humanizing way they pushed him to that limit, in other words the tragedy of Dio that we too felt.  With Cars I would have preferred him to stay in the camp I had initially assumed, that is, for the Pillar Men to be wholly unhateable and in a sense, necessary.  Instead Cars felt spiteful and arrogant and the narrator described him as “absolute evil”, yet he was an absolute evil I never felt too strongly about. 

That said, his apparent care for his allies to some degree and his care over life are to be kept in mind, as with his genius ability to keep this plan on track and be composed until it was time to strike.  And, his past was cool, the fact that he took two children with him and his companion ACDC especially.  The term companion here makes me think he was an ally that was okay with Cars mission and actions.  The two children may have been as simple as child soldiers to use as pawns for Cars and it seems assumed that they were Santana and Wham.  It definitely gives a feeling of a family that have been together for a long time which strengthens ACDC and Wham’s loyalty for sure.  However it leaves some confusion, for if the children were Santana and Wham, it seemed in the present that they were far different in age.  Cars described Santana as living 1/10th of “their” life earlier in the manga, though truthfully we don’t know their aging process.  Later Cars stated “ACDC and Wham were companions I had for more than a thousand years”, although, again, not necessarily going against the interpretation of Wham being the child.  This opens up two further questions, one is why was Santana separated from them if they all started together, and second with seeing there were Pillar Women, if Cars is gone for good which I do have to question, Santana is this the last remaining Pillar Man and I presume he won’t be able to reproduce.

The fight all in all did half of what I wanted, that is, for it to feel more unclear on what is and isn’t Joseph’s plan. It didn’t have Cars out-intellect him and start some killer mind games as I’d hoped but, it was still a subversion.  To have a battle genius who wins all of his battles through careful planning lose if not for a subconscious move with the stone and pure luck, and then to fake that it was all according to keikaku is perhaps the perfect way to end Joseph’s journey.  The frantic back and forth and teamwork with our bro Stroheim helped stop this from feeling too formulaic.  Outside of somehow Joseph not recognizing that the stone amplified ripple, I predicted that his cut off arm would definitely be used in the next trick paired with the stone to finish Cars off and send him to space.  That happened just absolutely not at all like I was speculating!

So, Cars can transform into anything living as far as I know, but can that adapt to freaking space?  I don’t think so… Either way, this kind of ends the Dio saga.  Cars created the mask which resulted in Dio killing Jonathan and his dad.  Later a zombie created in turn from the mask killed George sending Lisa Lisa into hiding.  And now the ramifications of the man that has haunted the Joestar’s since Phantom Blood may have been stopped.  Although, to be fair, there may still be stone masks in the world.
I think this gives context to why cars saved the dog and the flower before his transformation, but killed the squirrel after it. He always respected nature because he could not conquer it. yet once he conquered it he did not respect it anymore.
Oct 14, 2023 11:15 AM

Jul 2022
The final page with Kars screaming is space is perfect .

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency Chapter 69 Discussion

TuzoAnime - May 7, 2010

39 by Djwhy »»
May 7, 2:39 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency Chapter 3 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Oct 13, 2012

18 by wallus81 »»
May 6, 11:42 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency Chapter 1 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Oct 13, 2012

20 by wallus81 »»
May 6, 11:17 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 67 Discussion

KashKetchum - Aug 7, 2016

9 by Farm-key »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:07 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 66 Discussion

KashKetchum - Aug 7, 2016

11 by Farm-key »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.