Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2016 10:31 PM

Aug 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Just die already Kars!
Feb 7, 2018 12:08 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
What? CARS is a GOD!!! kekeke
Sep 12, 2018 8:39 AM

Dec 2015
The fucker actually survived. I bet it wasn't a good experience tho.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 22, 2018 2:29 PM

May 2016
Jojo had successfully thrown Kars into the mouth of a volcano thanks to Stroheim's modified grip with an iron fist but his body-altering powers proved to be the better one by buying him enough time to dig himself back to the side to avoid his fiery doom. He even chopped Joseph's arm clean off after all those times bluffing about his hand getting lopped off and it definitely hurts.

Looks like Kars was the village outcast who ruined everything for everyone except for his few fans. There were even Amazonian Pillar Women in there... If being the sole survivor is what he wanted, that's what he got.

Dec 17, 2018 6:16 AM

Feb 2013
And that's it, they are screwed!
Lava didn't work.
May 9, 2019 6:50 AM

Feb 2017
CONTINUES CREATING BUBBLES (FROM HIS BODY)
Nov 25, 2019 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
Very bad. Stroheim lost all hope, while Joseph lost an arm! Cars became a god!
Nov 28, 2019 2:44 PM

Jun 2016
This was a blast. As much as I feel a little numb with Cars as a villain, his final fight is not disappointing me whatsoever. But first, two little things. Did Araki cite something to tell us how hot this real volcano is? That’s charming. And second, I think Joseph’s line about writing his name in the Joestar lineage shows that as much as he fought with Caesar over family ties, part of his motivation for a suicide attack is to live up to his old man Jonathan.

But of course, despite how radical it is that Joseph dropped his only means of escape as a bait to smash Cars into the volcano and die with him, Cars almost got away and left Joseph to die alone. And as if the guts to do a suicide plan like this wasn’t enough, a flying mechanical hand pinned Cars down as Stroheim came in to save the day. This is the second time Joseph and Stroheim have fought against Cars together and I love them. To have his bro Stroheim confess he was worried about Joseph, lose a hand to help the fight, and then catch him princess style breaking his own robotic legs was just… perfection. My heart flutters. WHO NEEDS A PARACHUTE WHEN YOU HAVE RUDOL VON STROHEIM AT YOUR SIDE?!

A big contender for why I probably like Phantom Blood more than Battle Tendency is that I adore the main cast and villain of Phantom Blood, and the synergy of the cast made them a delight. I didn’t ever feel that attached to Caesar nor until after his death did I start to care for Lisa Lisa more. Then ACDC and Cars are no Dio when it comes to my attachment even if Wham did that in his own way. Yet, Stroheim and Joseph fit the bill for me. Firstly, I love both of their characters. While Stroheim may have gotten grating on the reader if he was a common player, to give him 3 main appearances keeps him from getting that far. And while giving him this smaller role, a bromance with Joseph as both respect each other for their strength, and a personality which is absolutely over the top with screaming, absurd attacks, and overconfidence, he makes for a wonderful character and relationship. He’s like the most fun you could pack into one character, and with the theme of Joseph respecting his enemies even if they take innocent women hostage or kill his best friend, it fits thematically for him to befriend and respect even a nazi.

But that’s not all, Cars survived the volcano and as climactic story telling goes, it begins to erupt. A sneak attack leads to Joseph losing his freaking arm, quite a big injury for a Joestar, and even the prideful Stroheim absolutely gives up in despair. Joseph struggles to use ripple and lacks an arm and Stroheim has one hand and no legs. This is looking bad.

With this being Jojo, I do have hope that Joseph will use his own cut off arm as a weapon or in one of his tricks. Now that it’s on the table, I’ll go as far to expect it! Perhaps the next play will be between his arm and the stone…
Sep 14, 2020 5:13 PM

Oct 2013
Crazy action coming from JoJo and Stroheim! However, even their clever teamwork and the Earth itself couldn't stop the Ultimate Being.
Oct 14, 2023 11:07 AM

Jul 2022
Kars is still going strong, truly lives up to the title "ultimate being" .

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency Chapter 69 Discussion

TuzoAnime - May 7, 2010

39 by Djwhy »»
May 7, 2:39 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency Chapter 3 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Oct 13, 2012

18 by wallus81 »»
May 6, 11:42 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency Chapter 1 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Oct 13, 2012

20 by wallus81 »»
May 6, 11:17 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 68 Discussion

KashKetchum - Aug 7, 2016

12 by Farm-key »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:15 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 66 Discussion

KashKetchum - Aug 7, 2016

11 by Farm-key »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.