Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2016 8:59 PM

Aug 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Dick move Kars, a real dick move.
Dec 6, 2017 2:44 PM
Mar 2015
Too much of a dick move.
Feb 7, 2018 11:32 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
CARS is a cheat!!!
Mar 3, 2018 4:35 AM

Jan 2018
No respect for Cars, that no the way of the warrior.

Sep 12, 2018 8:18 AM

Dec 2015
Dick move indeed, Kars.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 17, 2018 3:28 PM

May 2016
It was Lisa Lisa's turn to fight and Kars looked like he was intending to keep his word but the way he was calm the whole time pretty much said that he thinks that he'd already won.

Lisa Lisa dispatched Kars easily but it looked too easy and the reason for that was a dirty trick he had pulled. Honor's nothing to him because all he needs is to get that Red Stone. Jojo's beyond pissed off right now.

Dec 17, 2018 5:32 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, how could Wham follow such a horrible guy all those years?
May 7, 2019 11:47 AM

Aug 2017
That's a really utilitarian attitude Cars has
May 8, 2019 4:57 PM

Feb 2017
Kars giving respect to Kenshiro with a classic "...are already dead."
Nov 23, 2019 1:20 PM

Jun 2016
This chapter started magnificent. The headdress being a ritual to show Cars seriousness while catching everyone's attention. The battleground being set as Lisa Lisa is brought up onto the pillars. Cars tricking me with his words, as I knew he was cold and pragmatic, overriding promises to get the stone earlier and such, yet he has been shown to worry for his comrades or so it seemed, and thus I thought he put aside his pragmatism to fight in a way Wham would be proud. All of which made for his betrayal to be gut wrenching. Just moments before that shocking Sephiroth-esque page of Lisa Lisa being stabbed I had thought it was interesting that we had an arc with no hateable major villains. Cars had completely convinced me of his honor having precedence due to his fallen comrades. And it hit me in the face as a way to laugh at my naivety. It was wonderful, I had to give Cars credit, that swaperoo took me for a rollercoaster and it was powerful. I mean, he seriously looked like he cared for his fallen comrades, I still don’t think his worry or his anger was purely based on the stone. But even if that is true, the stone is what matters most, he uttered something like Joseph would, all that matters is to ensure the victory. This trickery and line made me gleeful when it comes to the Cars and Joseph duel, it makes me think it could solve all of my issues.

But then, in one moment, I was taken out of it. Earlier in this chapter Lisa Lisa confirmed that my suspicion over Cars breaking the rules to be overly worried. She flashed the stone as a hostage yet again and it confirmed to me that the only way Cars could cheat is through trickery and stealing the stone first. Quite obviously, the utterly commonsensical thing to keep this a 1 versus 1 and not 100 versus 2 was to swap the stone-hostage-holding job to Joseph. And yet, it seems to me that Cars literally took the stone off of Lisa Lisa’s body. If there is nothing more than Lisa Lisa going into combat with the only thing stopping them from being slaughtered because she didn’t pass it off to Joseph then I think this was a frustrating narrative contrivance. We need Lisa Lisa to die, and we need Cars to become the ultimate lifeform so that Joseph can be the protagonist and fight the ultra strong villain, I know how these stories work. But to do it with such a glaring mistake after all of these precautions were made feels lazy. I hope I misunderstood something because Lisa Lisa and Joseph just did the literal one thing they knew they shouldn’t have done if I didn’t.

Oh also, just a cute detail, Lisa Lisa’s scarf it the opposite of Straits. Just like her papa who had an anti hamon scarf made of insects, hers is the reverse, a 100% hamon conducting scarf.
Nov 25, 2019 7:06 AM
Jul 2018
Cars fought dirty, as expected from the previous chapter flashback where he killed that child to teach Wham to not take pity, Lisa Lisa has lost! Joseph is very pissed.
Oct 14, 2023 9:49 AM

Jul 2022
is Lisa Lisa really dead ? I liked her a lot !

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 49 Discussion

Terrestrious - Aug 2, 2015

13 by wallus81 »»
Yesterday, 3:34 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency Chapter 48 Discussion

Jezmund - Oct 30, 2012

13 by wallus81 »»
Yesterday, 3:31 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 43 Discussion

9 by wallus81 »»
Yesterday, 2:49 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 40 Discussion

KashKetchum - Aug 6, 2016

10 by wallus81 »»
Yesterday, 2:36 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 39 Discussion

11 by wallus81 »»
Yesterday, 2:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.