Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Who would you fight for?
Aug 6, 2016 12:28 PM

Feb 2016
Who would you fight for and why?
Guardian who want to eliminate the Key.
Gaia who are the Keys followers and want salvation.
Or would you not for either one.
Tell me your opinions in the comments. VN Only!

!Spoiler warning!
Im probably with neither as Guardian are taking the easy way out but Gaia isn't following the right path imo although i love Akane.
YourlolmAug 6, 2016 1:51 PM

Aug 6, 2016 1:44 PM

Apr 2015
Gaia. The world needs salvation.
Aug 6, 2016 2:05 PM

Jul 2015
Two months ago I would have chosen Guardian, but after the shit Tensho did with the anime of Rewrite, I choose Gaia. Humanity must be destroyed.
Aug 6, 2016 2:23 PM

Dec 2015
Gaia, we are all just parasites after all. Even though Akane's my least favorite character, I still choose Gaia.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2016 2:25 PM
Jul 2012
I'd probably pick Gaia that way I know when and how the world is destroyed.
Aug 6, 2016 2:28 PM

Feb 2014
I would choose neither, both groups are a bit on the extreme side after all. At first glance Guardian seems like 'the good guys', although their methods and the way they go about things is way beyond cruel. Gaia's religious area is just full of insane depressed people who want humanity to end, with the scientific area conflicting on the inside. It's been a long while, so I sort of forget the inner conflicts within Gaia between the religious ones and the science ones.

If I had to pick a side, it would be Gaia, although I wouldn't necessarily go to the extremes of "wiping out humanity".

Edit: Oh yeah, the anime. Guardian: "We're here to protect the Earth!" Yeah yeah, protect the Earth they say. Dumb Guardian propaganda!
Gaia > Guardian
Aug 6, 2016 2:40 PM

Feb 2016
Authoaria said:
I would choose neither, both groups are a bit on the extreme side after all. At first glance Guardian seems like 'the good guys', although their methods and the way they go about things is way beyond cruel. Gaia's religious area is just full of insane depressed people who want humanity to end, with the scientific area conflicting on the inside. It's been a long while, so I sort of forget the inner conflicts within Gaia between the religious ones and the science ones.

If I had to pick a side, it would be Gaia, although I wouldn't necessarily go to the extremes of "wiping out humanity".

Edit: Oh yeah, the anime. Guardian: "We're here to protect the Earth!" Yeah yeah, protect the Earth they say. Dumb Guardian propaganda!
Gaia > Guardian

The only thing i like about Guardian is Lucia Shizuru and Esaka but i dont really agree with them either.

Aug 6, 2016 2:45 PM

Jan 2015
In a simple way, I just don't want to face the Earth Dragon '~' LOL

But I would choose Gaia because the world can regenerate, Guardian looks egoist trying to save current lives but going to a irreversible future. (I want to use familiars too hehe).

If not, I would choose neither, because Kagari teached me :d
Aug 6, 2016 3:03 PM

Jun 2013
Gaia.

Because Guardian are a bunch of hypocrites.
Aug 6, 2016 3:17 PM

Aug 2012
I'd go with Gaia because I can't stand Guardian and them acting as the rightful saviors
Oh and there is Akane of course ;)
Aug 6, 2016 3:48 PM

Aug 2014
As much as I love Lucia, Shizuru and Esaka, I would have to pick Gaia simply because they know the only "actual" answer to the problem. Either humanity dies and earth lives, or earth dies and humanity with it. Guardian are just extending the inevitable for a short time.
Aug 6, 2016 4:40 PM

Apr 2014
Yep, it seems that most people here don't get it. The point is to find a way for both humanity and the Earth to survive and not to pick which and when dies.

In this regard, both Guardian and Gaia are hopelessly wrong. So the correct answer is neither, a path must be found for both to survive (and there is one).
Aug 6, 2016 5:38 PM

Jan 2015
bestkatalyn said:
Yep, it seems that most people here don't get it. The point is to find a way for both humanity and the Earth to survive and not to pick which and when dies.

In this regard, both Guardian and Gaia are hopelessly wrong. So the correct answer is neither, a path must be found for both to survive (and there is one).

Indeed, this is the solution and how does the VN ends.
I think ppl get it, but I suppose this thread is for a personal view.
Arikado-Aug 6, 2016 5:46 PM
Aug 6, 2016 6:44 PM

Dec 2013
Guardian. They aren't completely correct but I can't try to destroy humanity.
Aug 6, 2016 8:15 PM

Jun 2013
Gaia, mainly because I'm not too much of a fan of Guardian. They're both extremes, but I would probably sit closer to Akane's ideals.
Aug 6, 2016 8:17 PM
Jul 2016
Arikado- said:
bestkatalyn said:

Wasn't the VN solution to sacrifice the Earth and move on to the next planet? Even the ending song of the VN says that's the answer, like that part of the song where the guy who wanted to go to another island cut down every single tree from his initial island to make a boat.

Arikado- said:
In a simple way, I just don't want to face the Earth Dragon '~' LOL

But I would choose Gaia because the world can regenerate, Guardian looks egoist trying to save current lives but going to a irreversible future. (I want to use familiars too hehe).

If not, I would choose neither, because Kagari teached me :d

I also don't want to face Earth Dragon-sama, so Gaia too! Also Gaia has Akane boob's which is the key to solve every problem without sacrificing anything like a certain route where the answer was screw you Earth, I am going to the Moon!
Aug 7, 2016 1:34 AM

Mar 2016
Guardian. Their methods may be etreme to a point where they are bad methods, but their intentions are good. Just think about the part of Shizurus backstory where Esaka and his troops are focussing on helping the wounded rather then pursuing the enemy. That might just be Esaka, but I honestly believe their intentions are good.
Aug 7, 2016 2:18 AM

Jan 2015
JanusVonMaria said:
Arikado- said:

Wasn't the VN solution to sacrifice the Earth and move on to the next planet? Even the ending song of the VN says that's the answer, like that part of the song where the guy who wanted to go to another island cut down every single tree from his initial island to make a boat.

I also don't want to face Earth Dragon-sama, so Gaia too! Also Gaia has Akane boob's which is the key to solve every problem without sacrificing anything like a certain route where the answer was screw you Earth, I am going to the Moon!

By the solution, I mean that "neither" is the right choice.

So much work to get in Oppai ending, please Kagari bring the salvation, I'm ready xD
Arikado-Aug 7, 2016 2:22 AM
Aug 7, 2016 3:38 AM

Aug 2015
Neither.
If i have to choose probably Guardian.

If you choose Gaia, why dont you just kill yourself right now? y'know your existence itself also part of pollution right now.
Kys and save mother earth.
Aug 7, 2016 5:17 AM

Apr 2015
Pochi_ said:
Two months ago I would have chosen Guardian, but after the shit Tensho did with the anime of Rewrite, I choose Gaia. Humanity must be destroyed.

lol! Best answer!
Aug 7, 2016 6:47 AM

May 2016
Pixelzz said:
Neither.
If i have to choose probably Guardian.

If you choose Gaia, why dont you just kill yourself right now? y'know your existence itself also part of pollution right now.
Kys and save mother earth.

Thats not how it works.
You have to kill everybody else first. You can commit suicide once you are done with that.
I would fight for guardian, 'cause superpowers
Aug 7, 2016 10:29 AM
Jul 2016
Besides Gaia or Guardian we also need the Oppai team
Come on, that answer was the best one, they even put Philosophiz in two different styles because that was the best team! Oppai for the win!
Aug 7, 2016 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
Neither of the two.

Because while they do have good sides or good intentions to their reasons, at the same time, they aren't actually good guys either since each one of them would have a pretty fucked up situation as well.

Back in Terra, I was going to select Guardian because they aren't actually the bad guys, but when I saw what one person just did I was like "Fuck no, I'm out of here."

Both would have good sides to their whole group but they also would have bad sides too.
Aug 7, 2016 11:23 AM
Jun 2012
Neither.

I would choose the Druids.
Aug 7, 2016 1:25 PM

Apr 2014
As I said before, the absolute best answer is "neither" but if I MUST choose between them, it would definitely be Guardian.

Reasoning? The Gaians are just a bunch of suicidal society misfits.

Guardian also knows that their path only delays the inevitable, but it's the only thing they can do other than awaiting their destruction.
Aug 21, 2016 9:01 AM

Dec 2007
Pochi_ said:

Witty and funny. I lol'd

I'd choose the Druids because I want to come out as a hipster. Being a hipster is more important than the fate of the world and humanity.
Aug 27, 2016 6:12 PM

Jul 2016
Both sides are obviously wrong. It's ironic how each of them trying to save the world in their own way is what ends up destroying it.

That said, I can sympathize with the soldiers in Guardian more than the zealots in Gaia. Those in Guardian are ignorant of why they're wrong, and might change their ways if they knew. Those in Gaia know exactly what they're doing, and keep going at it anyway.
Aug 27, 2016 6:24 PM
Jul 2016
seeker_moc said:
Both sides are obviously wrong. It's ironic how each of them trying to save the world in their own way is what ends up destroying it.

That said, I can sympathize with the soldiers in Guardian more than the zealots in Gaia. Those in Guardian are ignorant of why they're wrong, and might change their ways if they knew. Those in Gaia know exactly what they're doing, and keep going at it anyway.

Gaia followers are people in the deep bottom of depression and Gaia uses their weak heart to manipulate them. Those zealots are mostly mindless zombies like the clones in Star Wars.

Guardian are self-righteous guys with too much self-esteem to the point that most of them thinks that they or their group are the best and true heroes.

Boobs are the best answer since that made the depressed religious zealots cheerful and happy while Guardian agents realized that boobs are better than them.

PS: Kotarou being able to use both familiars and superpowers is really strange as if he had bipolarity.
Aug 28, 2016 4:45 AM

Jul 2014
JanusVonMaria said:
PS: Kotarou being able to use both familiars and superpowers is really strange as if he had bipolarity.

Everyone can use familiars.
Welp
Aug 28, 2016 7:49 AM
Jul 2016
smu said:
JanusVonMaria said:

I thought that the ones with superpowers had more difficulty in using familiars since they had so much self-esteem that it is hard for them to use their life force while the ones depressed have an easier time in using familiars since they can give their lives easily.
Main reason why Midou and company can use the strongest familiars and Chihaya and Shimako being an exception to the norm just because of pure talent.
Aug 28, 2016 8:24 AM

Dec 2013
JanusVonMaria said:
smu said:

I thought that the ones with superpowers had more difficulty in using familiars since they had so much self-esteem that it is hard for them to use their life force while the ones depressed have an easier time in using familiars since they can give their lives easily.
Main reason why Midou and company can use the strongest familiars and Chihaya and Shimako being an exception to the norm just because of pure talent.

Marking just in case
Aug 28, 2016 8:55 AM
Jul 2016
Nothingtoyou12 said:
JanusVonMaria said:

Marking just in case

Aug 28, 2016 9:02 AM

Oct 2012
smu said:
JanusVonMaria said:

It was mentioned in the VN that the talent of each individual regarding making pacts with familiars and being able to have superpowers or not depends of their point of view, basically if someone would rather change himself than changing the world, that person is a hunter, but if he/she thinks is more important to change the world rather than himself, that person is more suited in making pacts with familiars. You don't have to be an autistic in order to be a summoner, but if wanting to change the world involves the fact that you want that change because you hate the current world, that's just one way to go with it, and it's why Kotarou had more aptitude in being a summoner at first, but he's also suited at being a hunter because like Yoshino said, in the end Kotarou was always someone that behind his mask he always saw everyone as inferior to him, he never trusted anyone but unlike before when he always acted showing his true self, he forced himself to be a friendly guy, basically like he says at the beginning of the VN, start over, in other words putting of his part this time by changing himself, rather than keep hating the world without trying to fix the problem.

Regarding the topic of the thread, I'd prefer to just live in peace without having to worry about either Gaia or Guardian, though since both sides will be willing to kill even innocent people if they had to, given the choice I'd go with Gaia.
CursedFeinAug 28, 2016 9:07 AM
Aug 28, 2016 12:43 PM

Jul 2014
Well what I meant is rather than a world divided between two camps (superpowered and summoners), superpowers are granted but summoning can be considered as a tool.
smuAug 28, 2016 12:46 PM
Welp
Sep 6, 2016 3:30 AM

Jan 2013
If it was a choice in real life then Gaia cause there is no hope for humanity IRL.

In the world of Rewrite Neither.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Sep 8, 2016 11:32 PM

Jun 2015
YamiNoOkami said:
If it was a choice in real life then Gaia cause there is no hope for humanity IRL.

I want to hear the song of destruction and I'll say something like this ''I predicted this ages ago''
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 9, 2016 9:55 PM
Jul 2016
Ma3seb said:
YamiNoOkami said:

I want to hear the song of destruction and I'll say something like this ''I predicted this ages ago''

If I ever hear the song of destruction, I will raise my hands and send my energy to Kotarou.
That world that he created was so beautiful.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

294 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

167 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2016

329 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.