Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 6, 2016 2:57 PM

Sep 2014

That's my kind of garnish!
Dojima and Yukehee Land fucking killed me haha.
Great win for Souma as expected also nice sportsmanship!

That preview damn, it's gonna be an epic battle!
nerfxAug 7, 2016 1:29 AM
Aug 6, 2016 3:01 PM

Aug 2015
ibraheem234 said:
That was something..... I really hope that souma will win the finals... I really hope though
I know who is the champion, so I'm not very excited as you T-T
Aug 6, 2016 3:07 PM

Feb 2016
This anime is amazing, the plot is so simple yet so good, and the stunning visuals also. I also like the JoJo references :)

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Aug 6, 2016 3:37 PM

Dec 2012
Souma is just so freaking badass. I love it. Continuously building on what he has learnt & evolving his cooking. Mimasaka just not goof enough in the end.

Yukihee Land looks like so much fun. Dojima in that outfit & skipping is so funny.

Congrats Souma on the win. Looks like Takumi is not going to take the mezzaluna just yet.

Souma vs Takumi in the future.

Hayama vs Kurokiba next. This is going to be great.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 6, 2016 3:45 PM

Jan 2014
_Kazuma-Kun said:
Nakiri Erina's feelings for Souma are getting stronger and stronger with each episode, her tsundere front is about to break real soon.

Yup, yet I still can't help but be a Tadokoro fan.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Aug 6, 2016 3:54 PM

Sep 2015
Laionidas said:
_Kazuma-Kun said:
Nakiri Erina's feelings for Souma are getting stronger and stronger with each episode, her tsundere front is about to break real soon.

That's because Megumi is just way to cute. Erina can ever beat best girl.

So much awesome going on in this episode, loved Clown soma trolling in Yukiee land. Also Subaru creeping under the desk was pretty priceless.

That ending where Aldini gave his blade o Soma was a nice ending touch. This episode lived up to the hype.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Aug 6, 2016 4:16 PM

Dec 2013
Seeing Subaru getting destroyed was satisfying to see.

Yukihira land was glorious. The judges reactions were too funny. Gin's reactions are always the best.

Another member added to the harem?
Aug 6, 2016 4:42 PM

May 2015
It was predictable, but highly enjoyable. Subaru got what he deserved. Now it's time for a fresh start.

Aug 6, 2016 4:50 PM

Dec 2014
All I can say is that it's an awesome episode!!! XD The student got back their knives and I liked how Takumi handled his. LOL! Souma will lose in a shokugeki against Takumi in the future? hehehe
Aug 6, 2016 4:54 PM

Oct 2015
eslej said:
I think if they removed the intro, and gave the story 1:30 more for a better introduction of the match, it would be better.

The intros were shown last episode, what's the point in showing the intros again?
Aug 6, 2016 4:55 PM

Oct 2011
wow yukihee land XD omg. whoa that skirt . Takumi has another rival
Aug 6, 2016 5:31 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Next week, Real Madrid vs Barcelona, I mean Ryo vs Akira. That match up is gonna be insane, I don't know who too root for but I guess I want to see an Akira vs Souma match more.

Hinako is life, Hinako is love.

I was beginning to wonder how Subaru knew about Souma's dish. That little journalist kid, oh boy.

As for the cooking, I enjoyed the western part of the dish from Subaru. Using Mesquite wood from Texas and using it to smoke the pork, that's true BBQ flavor right there.

Raise your hand if you would like to ride next to Doujima. Such a hilarious scene lol

Aug 6, 2016 5:43 PM

Oct 2008
Can't wait for the next match. *_*
Aug 6, 2016 6:08 PM

Jan 2013
Yes!Yes!Yes finally! Someone destroyed that confident smile of Subaru, and it was Souma!
I don't even have much to say, this is simply amazing!
10/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 6, 2016 6:27 PM

Aug 2015
Souma takes the win as expected. Glad that big dude finally got what he deserved.
Aug 6, 2016 7:13 PM
Feb 2016
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
Laionidas said:

So much awesome going on in this episode, loved Clown soma trolling in Yukiee land. Also Subaru creeping under the desk was pretty priceless.

That ending where Aldini gave his blade o Soma was a nice ending touch. This episode lived up to the hype.

I don't want to be that guy, but... the manga is going for the Erina route so far with the SS Megumi gradually sinking.
Aug 6, 2016 7:21 PM

Sep 2015
_Kazuma-Kun said:
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:

I don't want to be that guy, but... the manga is going for the Erina route so far with the SS Megumi gradually sinking.

Most likely as Megumi just seems like a best friend to Soma but it doesn't change the fact that she and her reactions especially are to cute. Erina is just to Tsundere for my likely and I don't mind that type usually.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Aug 6, 2016 8:21 PM

Jul 2013
I don't even care how I'm just glad Soma won even though the outcome was predictable. But the next match.. damn. It will be intense but I'm calling it now. Hayama will win.
Aug 6, 2016 8:35 PM

Oct 2013
The joy of this match-up was always to see how would Souma triumph over who'd win since that was obvious, and boy, was Yukihira Land glorious - loved how Doujima was just chilling there, a muscular dude dressed as a schoolgirl being all cheerful & such with the others. So wrong yet so right.

Major hype for Akihira vs Ryo next week. I dont even know who to root for so may the best chef win!
Aug 6, 2016 8:40 PM
Nov 2015
Loved this episode, dat shonen greatness. That ending was pretty awesome too. Though I still had a few nitpicks.

4/5

Next week, both of my favorite characters duke it out. Hype is through the roof.
Aug 6, 2016 9:06 PM
May 2016
lol i never want to see mimasaka naked
and gin was acting girly >.< that was soooooo stupid
Aug 6, 2016 9:39 PM

Nov 2012
Man, after such a meaty episode... I'm craving for some flesh.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Aug 6, 2016 10:41 PM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. Dojima is here to put some testosterone in the fanservice. Hahaha.

Next match hype.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2016 10:59 PM

Oct 2015
xSkipi said:
Mimasaka and Doujima wearing skirts (//・_・//)
I hope the next battle will be better

Mimasaka and Dojima wearing a skirt in Yukihee Land made this episode for me.
Good of Soma to tell Subarau to continue cooking.
_Kazuma-Kun said:

Ya waiting to see her dere side.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Aug 6, 2016 11:14 PM

Jun 2013
So in response to Subaru's stalking and perfect copying, Soma put a whole cow in his beef stew. So much protein lol. He seemingly adds a bunch of random stuff he just came up with on the spot to make a dish. But he didn't just put whatever in there, he carefully cooked each separately and added them in the perfect amount to balance all that flavour. To Subaru and everyone else, it looked like he just came up with that idea on the spot, but Soma uses all the experiences of his time in school to prepare this Autumn special beef stew. He learned a lot about flavours and mixing them in the right proportions and stuff while coming up with new dishes to come out on top and uses what he learned to make the perfect meaty meal. And Subaru ends up being the one lying down in the flower bed in the ending sequence.

Subaru could only copy whatever he saw. He didn't do much on his own and only did exactly what his dad does. But one day he takes his dad's speciality and slightly tweaks it to make it better. That's how Subaru works now. He doesn't come up with a brand new recipe himself, he only tweaks existing recipes to make them better than the original. And since he was exiled from the family, he doesn't care about anything except depriving the less talented future chefs of their future in the kitchen by taking what lets them carry on even after losing. Subaru loses to Soma and decides to give up on life. But Soma tells him that a chef doesn't close up his restaurant after a loss. He goes back the next day to open up shop again. That's what Subaru should do here. He should continue with cooking and eventually come up with his almost unique recipe and not just improve existing recipes.

The foodgasms though. They were all in childish clothes running around in Yukihii Land. And then we had god damn Dojima wearing a girl's uniform and animal ears. But that wasn't as traumatizing as a crying Subaru, followed by a Subaru in a sailor uniform, and then with a naked Subaru... Yeah, I think I'm scarred for life here.
Aug 6, 2016 11:52 PM
Jul 2018
First and foremost, predictable yet amazing victory for Soma. Serves Mimasaka damn right.

Sonoka's boobs tho.

and you thought that Cabbage Pink hasn't got any more manlier.

Gin Dojima best gril, even paralleling Kaiki Deishuu. XD

dat Yukiheeland moment (5 girls holding hands toward the sunset) seemed like a cliche anime episode ending. Hahahaha

and that Soma x Erina moment tho. Seemed badass at first, then suddenly tsundere. XD

Ryo vs Akira's gonna be epic. So there.
Aug 7, 2016 3:06 AM
Nov 2015
It was clear that Yukihira Souma will winthe fight, but it was nevertheless exciting
Aug 7, 2016 3:16 AM

Sep 2013
Dojima is frickin fabolous!

Also that cat eyed girl turned out pretty cute when eating Souma's food~
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Aug 7, 2016 5:05 AM

Jan 2014
I hope this will be the end of Mimasaka getting screen time.. I really do not like his personality at all. Knowing all Yukihira's other competitors.. that'll probably not happen though ( ̄ ー ̄ )
Aug 7, 2016 6:07 AM
May 2016
Whoa! amazing epidode, although its pretty obvious that Souma will won, but still the execution for how he will win was definitely good. Souma always has something on his sleeves, that always helps him to win. Subaru being soft now, was really hilarious as well as Dojima in skirts. Much better pacing. Hype for the next episode, Hayama vs. Ryo
Aug 7, 2016 9:05 AM

Apr 2014
Do you think they will adapt that chapter when Erina's father will show up?
Also badass anime,i will pick up the manga ASAP,cant believe i am so much into food right now XD.
Aug 7, 2016 9:46 AM
Jul 2015
Erina route is obvious. There have been many clues.

Soma's dad thinking to himself about dedicating his cooking to a woman. Can't really dedicate cooking to Tadokoro, she is far below the level of Soma, which would make it her dedicating to Soma's cooking and not the other way around. With Erina always rejecting Soma, it only makes him want to get that approval that she never gave him in the first season.

Also, Tadokoro is the same as Jun Shiomi was to Soma's father. Just someone he used to look after, same as how it was with Soma looking after Tadokoro.

(Not a manga reader so i could be wrong)

Aug 7, 2016 10:01 AM

Jan 2014
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
_Kazuma-Kun said:

Most likely as Megumi just seems like a best friend to Soma but it doesn't change the fact that she and her reactions especially are to cute. Erina is just to Tsundere for my likely and I don't mind that type usually.

I don't like Souma x Tadokoro just because of her cuteness, but rather because they allready have an established relationship. Erina is the typical girl half the class has a "crush" on, but Tadokoro is mariage material. Unlike most anime ships, Souma x Tadokoro is not one directional. It might seem Souma is building her confidence, and she is relying on him, but especially in off-screen scenario's it is revealed she actually supports him as well. Think of e.g. the barley tea, her apparently being the one waking him up in the morning, and taste testing his dishes. He appears to value her opinion and her view on cooking very much as well.

@Kazuma-kun,

Don't worry, I know about the manga, and I doubt anyone here has any illusions about the seaworthiness of Souma x Tadokoro, especially after the Souma x Erina was iron clad by the remark made by Souma's dad in season #01 (which somehow everybody seems to forget). I can even get behind it: Souma needs someone who can rival him, challenge him, and that's Erina.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Aug 7, 2016 10:54 AM

Aug 2012
YUKIHEE-LANDOOO! Lollll! This was the funniest episode yet. Especially, when the big chef (can't remember name) started frolicking when they were walking through the park.. that scene on the whole was hilarious!
Aug 7, 2016 2:34 PM

Oct 2012
Not quite mindblowing resolution as I expected, in fact it was pretty average in terms of greatness but it wasn't bad either. I hoped half of this ep would be some dormitory slice-of-life but sadly that wasn't the case. All those battles in close succesion starts to be boring.

Still, I can't care less about next round, I never enjoyed watching those two boys before.
Aug 7, 2016 2:56 PM

Aug 2013
It's the same format every time but I still love it. Best episode so far. Souma using all his experience. Other guy's back story was kind of sad.

Confrontation with Erina. Can't wait for that duel. Have a feeling it might be a draw or something.
Aug 7, 2016 3:11 PM

Mar 2015
I'm so hungry right now.

Manga reader, so I know who will win between Hayama and Kurikoba. Still hyped for their match!
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Aug 7, 2016 3:27 PM

Feb 2015
Very good episode. I mean, of course Souma would win - but it was a very well-executed episode for his victory. Next time I'm pretty sure we'll see Ryo lose.
Aug 7, 2016 6:37 PM

Jul 2015
OH MY GOD THAT WAY HE WAS UNDER THE PHOTO DUDES DESK WAS FREAKING CREEPY. And oh I loved the Yukihee land bit, it was fantastic, had to rewatch it too see the pics better. Their reactions were great, as was this episode. But there was one thing in particular I did not like.

That random boob flopping in the beginning... that was completely random and out of place. It served no purpose at all. If your going to give me fan service, continue doing it through people's reaction too the food please. That is all.

Can't wait too see what happens next episode, though I assume the curry dude is gonna win.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 7, 2016 6:59 PM

Jul 2015
oshietekudasai66 said:
I don't know about anyone else but I watch this show because of Megumi. When we were first introduced to her character, she was timid, pitiable, lacked the confidence when challenges and adversity drew near, and consistently placed below average in her classes. But gradually, she grew. Her culinary skills improved slowly, and she was able to discover a style unique to her background. (And her boobs are more realistic and follow, more or less, the laws of physics)

Yukihara's cooking is, by all means, fantastic - I mean, orgasmic. My protest however, is that a character, he isn't very dynamic. The Yukihara that preserved his family restaurant in the first episode of season 1 and the Yukihara, vanquisher of Mimasaka Subaru, are really, not that much different. Even if he has changed, as the audience, it's hard to "feel" (for lack of a better word) that he is, in fact, changing because he doesn't lose (except for that 1 time he placed second?). He's invincible. Basically... So far... I do appreciate his interactions with Megumi as he is normally the one facilitating her growth, besides her family and hometown friends.

Very true. Honestly, I really like Yukihara a lot, but Megumi is by far my most favorite character in this show because of just how much she has grown since the beginning. Yukihara solves nearly everything the same way, by quickly coming up with something clever based on the situation at hand. He's an awesome guy, and I know he's getting better, but it's not something you can really see. Seeing him inspire everybody around him is nice though.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 7, 2016 9:37 PM

Jun 2016
Great episode as always, it seemed obvious who was going to win but I don't care about it. However, I didn't like the fact that every battle involving Soma ends with him telling the opponent that if he/she doesn't understand why he/she lost then taste my food, and then they go crazy and change the way they live because of that. In my opinion, every character should have their own way to accept their loss and "see the light".
"Ave Maria", a song inspired by ATTACK ON TITAN:

https://youtu.be/hUY_rDboLw4
Aug 7, 2016 11:49 PM

Feb 2010
DuoraDoll said:
oshietekudasai66 said:
I don't know about anyone else but I watch this show because of Megumi. When we were first introduced to her character, she was timid, pitiable, lacked the confidence when challenges and adversity drew near, and consistently placed below average in her classes. But gradually, she grew. Her culinary skills improved slowly, and she was able to discover a style unique to her background. (And her boobs are more realistic and follow, more or less, the laws of physics)

Yukihara's cooking is, by all means, fantastic - I mean, orgasmic. My protest however, is that a character, he isn't very dynamic. The Yukihara that preserved his family restaurant in the first episode of season 1 and the Yukihara, vanquisher of Mimasaka Subaru, are really, not that much different. Even if he has changed, as the audience, it's hard to "feel" (for lack of a better word) that he is, in fact, changing because he doesn't lose (except for that 1 time he placed second?). He's invincible. Basically... So far... I do appreciate his interactions with Megumi as he is normally the one facilitating her growth, besides her family and hometown friends.

Very true. Honestly, I really like Yukihara a lot, but Megumi is by far my most favorite character in this show because of just how much she has grown since the beginning. Yukihara solves nearly everything the same way, by quickly coming up with something clever based on the situation at hand. He's an awesome guy, and I know he's getting better, but it's not something you can really see. Seeing him inspire everybody around him is nice though.

I completely agree. Yukihara is quite a likeable protagonist because of how admirable his character is and the influence he has on other people. Megumi being one of the main 'benefactors' of this influence he has over other people. He really has stolen the attention and hearts of many characters and viewers, yet there is definitely a lack of human characteristics. He definitely seems static while at the same time dynamic in a way which kind of just balances out to being static.

This episode showed that he is 'improving' and he is 'changing', yet his goal and mindset has pretty much been the same since the beginning, so it's arguable that he really isn't changing that much. However, he always strives for improvement and while his confidence is a little overbearing, he is quite humble in that he doesn't ever really emphasize is skill, talent, or creativity, but mainly emphasizes his hunger to reach higher and strive to become better.

If he wants to become better, it means he really doesn't think he's the best even though it does seem like he's impossible to defeat. I agree with you, however, with how Megumi's sort of 'journey' as a chef is really refreshing and organic. I loved Megumi as a character because of how genuine her experiences were depicted, and her personality is so admirable. Realistically, normal human beings are going to feel nervous, pressured, compare themselves to others and feel insecure. Sohma sort of shows Megumi a broader, more exciting perspective of cooking which causes her to show improvement and grow. Yukihara has developed this mindset sort of since a very young age, so we sort of missed out on this part of his life, but he probably just keeps focusing on pushing forward which is why we only ever see one dimension of him.
EarlCielAug 7, 2016 11:53 PM
Aug 8, 2016 12:51 AM

Jun 2015
Souma's stew looked so good. Gin is best girl.
:)
Aug 8, 2016 1:32 AM
Jun 2015
I liked it... To be honest, though...... everyone was expecting the outcome, right?

My favorite part was where Mimasaka mentioned having "cuticles like a girl" XDD
Aug 8, 2016 2:29 AM
Jul 2016
The first ever Manga I've ever read a week ago (because I'm not really into manga) is This anime. Though I spoiled myself this time Its still pleasant to watch how they adapt it :)

From this EP (chapter of manga) up to the recent chapter how many EP is this if adapted in Anime? Anyone can tell? xD I really want a particular adaptation from manga
MaesciaAug 8, 2016 2:39 AM
Aug 8, 2016 2:32 AM

Jul 2016
My bro Subaru always being the best. It is a disappoint that they didn't put him with his Yukihira wig!!! I liked the Takumi's rival reaction (Vegeta is proud of you).

A little doubt when does Mama Alice appear?? She is one of the hottest babes in this!
Aug 8, 2016 5:07 AM

May 2015
Who would guess? Yukihira wins. Gin is the best girl! :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 8, 2016 9:28 AM
Sep 2015
~Hype Train for Ryo vs Hayama~ All ABOARD!
Cant even decide who I want....hoping for an extreme shonen showdown. Adenaline...Rushhhhhhh! So frickin hyped!!! How do I even express this??!! Someone help??
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain
-Harvey Dent
Aug 9, 2016 2:59 AM
Mar 2016
Can't wait until there are battles with the Elite 10, it's honestly going to be amazing
Aug 9, 2016 2:37 PM

Aug 2014
I like this new character Sonoka Kikuchi

xSkipi said:
Mimasaka and Doujima wearing skirts (//・_・//)
I hope the next battle will be better

Yeah that was sad...

Shradow115 said:

Subaru's face when creeping under the computer desk was great. XD

That was crazy lol
it creeped me out

Anyway this season is not fun anymore... I only like it for food and recipes, the anime itself is weak... So next battle Ryou loses..
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

203 by Boring_Rose »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

363 by eeniemewie »»
Oct 10, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

235 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

141 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

155 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.