Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Aug 7, 2016 6:07 PM

Oct 2012
xEzioAuditore said:
What I learned from this story:
- Never do as you promised.
- Loving a girl who always hits you isn't an act of a masochist. And is morraly fair.
- Reject every person who confess to you and expect not being rejected when you confess to someone else.
- Once you're sure the girl you've targeted for a long time loves you, move to another one.

Well, we don't learn all those lessons everytime.

So true. I'll add five more:

- Let you parents choose - they know exactly who is the love of your life.
- Choose your friends wisely, they'll tell you that you are loving someone even if you don't know it yourself just yet.
- Never even kiss a girl for 3 years, see each other only few times during this time and then ask her for marriage right away - she agrees unconditionally.
- The moment when your long-time crush confesses to you, you can know for sure you don't love her anymore. Don't worry if you still love her the world denies her confession instead.
- Be very, very dense. Your denseness is actually beneficial to your relationships.
Aug 7, 2016 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
Finally over Woot?!? Really???
That's the best I can say about this series :D
Dropped it halfway trough the start of the second anime season.
But lets not kick a dead horse, shall I?
Aug 7, 2016 9:18 PM

Aug 2016
One of the worst manga endings ive seen in awhile. Unless you are fan girling 5/10 for the series as a whole.
Aug 7, 2016 9:31 PM

Feb 2014
oh my fucking, why does Claude look so hot, and I'm straight too lmao

and ofc Tsumugi has to somehow become hotter than she already was

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Aug 8, 2016 2:12 AM
Nov 2015
Mich666 said:
xEzioAuditore said:
What I learned from this story:
- Never do as you promised.
- Loving a girl who always hits you isn't an act of a masochist. And is morraly fair.
- Reject every person who confess to you and expect not being rejected when you confess to someone else.
- Once you're sure the girl you've targeted for a long time loves you, move to another one.

Well, we don't learn all those lessons everytime.

So true. I'll add five more:

- Let you parents choose - they know exactly who is the love of your life.
- Choose your friends wisely, they'll tell you that you are loving someone even if you don't know it yourself just yet.
- Never even kiss a girl for 3 years, see each other only few times during this time and then ask her for marriage right away - she agrees unconditionally.
- The moment when your long-time crush confesses to you, you can know for sure you don't love her anymore. Don't worry if you still love her the world denies her confession instead.
- Be very, very dense. Your denseness is actually beneficial to your relationships.

This was the first time a cried like a bitch. I felt like the author decided to make the story long to force this relation and make Raku love Chitoge. But the chapter 222 denied the fact that Chitoge is the promised girl, it was Onodera (It took me a little long time to read chapter 223 because I was crying of joy). But Raku choosed Chitoge ignoring the fact that there was a mutual love between him and Onodera twice and for a long time. This stuff really made me cry. I cried more than Onodera did.
Aug 8, 2016 2:28 AM
Nov 2015
korn7809 said:
Turned out exactly like I expected. It is just like all the other shounen, harem & romance manga out there.

5/10 if this sort of story and development wasn't the norm I would give it a 4-5.

I thought Chitoge was the promised girl (The picture book & the scar) But it turned out to be Onodera but he choosed Chitoge.

If it were the first scenario I would give it a 3 or 4. But the actual one is even worse. )= 1/10. My anime mean score jumped from 8.6 to 7.4 and the manga mean score from 10 to 5.5 !
Aug 8, 2016 6:12 AM

Oct 2015
Criticising the series right now feels like beating a dead horse honestly, and it has nothing to do with whom Raku ended with (even though I must say that the "moral choices / lessons" mentioned earlier are valid complaints).
I'm more sad about the fact that Nisekoi seemed to have lost any kind of "subverted elements" for like a 100 chapters or so (I'm not even sure at this point tbh). I mean, the series was (obviously) never a masterpiece: for example, the romance part was always badly written, and let's not talk about the one-dimensional characters, shall we? However, at least, Nisekoi knew how to make fun of its own tropes and clichés in its beginning, thus resulting in funny situations. It was nothing new under the sun, I agree (there are far better series on the subject), but it was "functional" for the most part.
Yet, at one point, Naoshi Komi decided to throw all of that out of the window for no apparent reasons: like, what happened about the parodical aspects of its narrative? Nisekoi's premise was a twist on Shakespeare's "Romeo & Juliet" (without understanding what made the story so great in the first place of course, but I digress), and Komi seems to have completely forgotten about that. It's a real shame, since such an intertextuality could have made the ending way more effective imo.
Aug 8, 2016 5:00 PM

Jan 2016
229 chapters just for this? With a background-covered kiss? lol

Kosaki wasn't even fully shown, as if the author really disliked her... Wonder why though. The ending was meh, it leaves you wanting more. The author clearly wanted to end this at any cost. But overall it was fine for me, it had its good moments so...

5.5/10
THANKS SENPIEX
Aug 9, 2016 11:06 AM
Aug 2016
Sorry guys but i need to say if raku and chitoge after wedding they are going to live togheter or they see sometimes for chitoge travels thanks guys it is important
Aug 9, 2016 12:12 PM
Nov 2015
Guys, I've wrote an alternative ending in this thread.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1541901
I wish you enjoy it !
Aug 10, 2016 9:05 AM
Nov 2015
FUCK, even though I shipped ChitogexRaku, they fucking destroyed Onodera on this last chapter!! I feel sorry for the fans tbh
Aug 10, 2016 1:05 PM
Sep 2015
Mich666 said:
Disappointing ending as I expected. Komi didn't even bother to show Kosaki's full face and no real thought was put into Chitoge x Raku time apart, it's like they didn't developed at all. Raku ended as head of yakuza even though he wanted to be civil servant. Prearanged marriage theme won.

Shuu x Ruri literally got the better and the best end.

8/10 for first 50 great chapters
7/10 for next 51-100 second year chapters
6/10 for 101-150 for fillerish chapters
5/10 for 151-200+ rejection chapters
3-4/10 for the end (with few specific chapters being even lower).

All-in-all this series had great start but Komi totally blow its end as the last year worth of reading was really suffering of horrible plot devices, bad drama, disappointing developements, cheesy phrases and unsatisying conclusions. The end literally destroyed everything good that happened before.

5/10 as a whole.

DetectiveHaibara said:
Criticising the series right now feels like beating a dead horse honestly, and it has nothing to do with whom Raku ended with (even though I must say that the "moral choices / lessons" mentioned earlier are valid complaints).
I'm more sad about the fact that Nisekoi seemed to have lost any kind of "subverted elements" for like a 100 chapters or so (I'm not even sure at this point tbh). I mean, the series was (obviously) never a masterpiece: for example, the romance part was always badly written, and let's not talk about the one-dimensional characters, shall we? However, at least, Nisekoi knew how to make fun of its own tropes and clichés in its beginning, thus resulting in funny situations. It was nothing new under the sun, I agree (there are far better series on the subject), but it was "functional" for the most part.
Yet, at one point, Naoshi Komi decided to throw all of that out of the window for no apparent reasons: like, what happened about the parodical aspects of its narrative? Nisekoi's premise was a twist on Shakespeare's "Romeo & Juliet" (without understanding what made the story so great in the first place of course, but I digress), and Komi seems to have completely forgotten about that. It's a real shame, since such an intertextuality could have made the ending way more effective imo.

For the most part I pretty much agree with you two (although your ratings are a bit harsh near the end, Mich). Read it a while ago but just couldn't be bothered to post until now. I'd criticise it, but like you said Haibara it's just beating a dead horse and we should all move on. Fangirls will fangirl and the people who loathed it the whole time feel justified, and us people in the middle feel like we were robbed of a potentially promising conclusion.

Ah well, now I'm just disappointed.
Aug 11, 2016 12:24 AM

Jun 2014
While all y'all are salty about the outcome I'm just here like

Best girl is still the best, she don't need Raku's bitch ass
Aug 11, 2016 5:27 AM

Mar 2015
Unexpected Raku turned to Boss.

Haru should join yuri.

Tsugumi!! Nice!!

I expected Chitoge short hair version but should not be that bad.

Until that kiss scene was good but damn censors? What a huge disappointment -_-*

3.8/5

Overall: 7/10

I wont read Komi new romcom work but if its action genre, he will have chance!
Aug 12, 2016 5:46 AM

Jun 2015
It's finally over. Liked seeing the OTP of Ruri and Shuu.
:)
Aug 12, 2016 6:36 AM
Apr 2011
Am I the only one that only read the first 50+ chapters and dropped it only to to read the last 2 chapters lol.
Aug 12, 2016 4:08 PM

Sep 2015
While at times the manga confused you as to who Raku would end up with in the end, I was still holding on to that sliver of hope that Onodera would be the one. Even though all signs pointed to Chitoge. Still happy that Chitoge and Raku got together though, such a beautiful ended, I'm still in tears.
Aug 13, 2016 5:20 AM

Sep 2015
Well boys, that's it. That's all folks. Nisekoi has finally come to an end. It's wierd, because I expected to be angry or sad or disappointed. At first I was all of those things, but now that I stand back and look at my experience as a whole, I can say one thing for sure. I'm glad I read Nisekoi to the very end. It wasn't the best manga ever for sure, but it was enjoyable. I went through a whole range of emotions when reading Nisekoi, which only happens when I care about a work. I was angry when I realised Onodera would never win. I laughed my ass off at Shuu on multiple occasions. I almost cried when Ruri's Grandad died. I was happy when Onodera finally confessed. And above all else, I felt a sense of acceptance. That yes, Onodera won't win. It was hard for me, because it seemed perfect. They've always liked each other. But in the end, things don't always go our way. To all the Chitoge fans, as much as I may think you are all delusional twats, congratulations. Enjoy that feeling I never got to feel. Alas, my time enjoying Nisekoi has ended. To the Mangaka, Komi, I would like to say thanks bro. Your manga was stupid and annoying, but I liked it. To all my brothers in Team Onodera, I implore you to stand with pride. We stuck it out to the end, and for that be proud of yourselves. Stand wth me one last time. Let us collectively shed a tear of sadness and a tear of happiness. My brothers, I salute you all. It is the end of our journey. This is Eogo signing out. Onodera forever.
FIND SOME TIME TO DO SOME THINGS
Aug 13, 2016 11:20 PM

Jun 2015
I loved the buildup and the chemistry that Raku and Chitoge have. But, the turn off for me is that they waited a long time to meet again, and the fact that the ending kiss wasn't shown. If they just let me see the kiss... I would've been 100% satisfied (the buildup to the kiss was awesome too). Nope, I couldn't see shit. They kissed, but I couldn't see it. Was a bit disappointed, so all I can do now is fantasize about it. Could've had a better ending, but overall it was good. Not great, not the best, but good. Wanted that fucking kiss blown up, though...
Aug 14, 2016 2:51 PM

Apr 2014
RoyTF said:
Tbh,nisekoi has to be one of the most overrated manga of current generation and even author admitted himself that it sucks ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) and about the ending,it got the worst possible ending as well,it's not like that i was biased towards any particular shipping but things doesn't seem to be progress anyway after spending so much chapters,utter waste of time and hope it doesn't get any anime adaptation.

4/10.

There's already a Nisekoi anime, though.

Aug 14, 2016 3:03 PM

Apr 2016
@Dragonage2ftw further adaptation lol.
Aug 15, 2016 12:51 PM

Apr 2013
Just like the manga, I'm so done.

Pass the bleach.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Aug 16, 2016 10:56 AM
Dec 2015
You said all.The most banal final and no real development of the characters.Only the Onodera sisters dragged me here,but I can't to be grateful to them.
Aug 16, 2016 7:53 PM

Nov 2008
xEzioAuditore said:

This story lacks common sense ! He loved Onodera and she loved him 10 years ago, they confessed, they made a promise that they'll marry each other once they're reunited. He gave her the true key. They wrote letters for their future ones on it. They engraved Raku x Kosaki on that fucking rock.

*sighs*

THEY WERE fucking SIX YEARS OLD. HELLO?

Do you REALLY think six-year-olds know let alone understand what something as complicated as LOVE is!?

They don't! It was all such childish BS. Like how kids play house in first grade and stuff.

Aug 20, 2016 5:54 AM

Jan 2014
fuck it man, I wish to end with both girl, but it ended with just one girl. as far as I read manga, I haven't found any harem ending. I thought Nisekoi would be the one, I have never been so wrong.

I feel bad to those ship whose sunk, especially Onodera. she's the type of girl I always like, after all.
but at least I get to see Shuu x Ruri in the end. that wasn't so bad.
Aug 21, 2016 2:50 AM

Aug 2008
Yui is in China? She got married with someone there?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 21, 2016 10:42 AM

Jul 2016
Let's sing it, the song of the long journey, the song of the peace, the song of the ended war...
Well... to tell you all the truth, I've been guessing it will ended with Chitoge, since the title itself is Nise Koi, Fake Love, so I thought the author want to change Fake into True, and just as I expected... It'll be worse as a drama story if this Fake still stay as Fake... Maybe... that's just my opinion...
Overall, I like this manga.
Aug 23, 2016 12:56 AM

Dec 2009
So that's the end... (7/10) it feels lackluster and disappointing ... the concept at first I thought was nice but ... the conflicts and plots along with the characters were bad and indistinct. There were a lot of enjoyable funny, cute, romantic and dramatic moments but ... near the middle it just became extremely cliché and unoriginal and just continued even worse in the end. The protagonist, Raku Ichijou is fucking horrible when you really think about it. Your typical cliché unoriginal very dense and oblivious male with a harem who is kind, dishonest and honest while having a good considerate heart that helps and cares for others, when he's not oblivious. With equally very dense main heroines Kosaki Onedara and Kirisaki Chitoge. Along with two grounded sharp and honest heroines, Marika Tachibana and Yui Kanakura. With a dishonest Haru Onedara and Tsugumi Seishiro. Filled with too many conflicts that make little to no progress to the romance for almost 200 chapters, with one or the other being dense or dishonest. ... Usually short romance mangas like this can be enjoyable. Especially if the plots or conflicts are at least a little distinct. Or maybe it's because it's short- But ... almost 200 chapters of predictability...

... I'm not saying I hated it but. This story wasn't distinct enough with its plots and conflicts overall or the characters. The characters being dense or dishonest just makes it worse. Basically it was pretty weak, bad and average in the end of it all. It got annoying after a while. I still enjoyed it but. It wasn't a beautiful experience.

In short of all that, it was made too long with a bad story.
... Too many mysteries, too many cliffhangers, too many clichés. It was too long and slow. It was kinda a pain to endure. ... The characters are very flat at first and the character development is weak in some forms. And how a lot of the characters became irrelevant often at times so easily sucked, I thought that was badly constructed at first. Until of course they confessed and got rejected.

... Even though. Besides Raku being a horrible (dense) and almost hateful character for being the protagonist that the story revolves around. The heroines and supporting characters were still very enjoyable, even if they're bad characters with bad plots/conflicts to the story, for the most part.

[Update:]
After reading my notes, with my new scoring criteria. 
Even though I originally gave this a 7/10. It deserves a 4/10 for how ridiculously stupid it is for the amount of heroines it has with its main plots for a harem. 
waalex11Feb 25, 2023 8:54 PM
Aug 24, 2016 11:27 PM

Sep 2012
This was bittersweet all around, but fucking hell. Kosaki didn't get any fucking closure there at all. I'm salty af there. Ugh. ALSO THAT FUCKING GRASS OR W/E THAT BLOCKED THE KISS. WHY THE FUC-Ahem.

Tsugumi and Marika were the main good points here. Both have moved on and both are looking quite attractive with their new hairstyles/physical growth. Shuu and Ruri were the best parts of this manga as a whole. Shipped them together day 1, and they ended up together. /thumbs up

I dislike the fact that we get all that confession drama, only to skip straight to the wedding with no inbetween development, even just a bit. It's so fucking obvious how much they wanted to end it, lol.

Either way, it was enjoyable. I'll miss reading their shenanigans, but it honestly needed to end at this point... In a serious review, it'd be 7/10.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Aug 27, 2016 12:12 PM

Jun 2014
I stopped caring all the charactets except for Marika. I hate clingy girls but she was just adorable. Raku's probably in my top 3-5 worst harem mc.
Im not Onodera shipper but she deserve Raku than Chitoge. imo
I remember when she said to Raku that she's always by his side while Chitogi is running away.
Well it wasn't too painful to read but the story was kinda predictable. The author used the same formula over and over.
I'd say this manga is overrated, I guess expected too much.

5/10
Aug 28, 2016 5:21 PM

Aug 2014
I'M FINALLY FREE!! Easily the most frustrating manga I've read so far.

This should ended a long time ago. I mean don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the series at first but it kept dragging on and on that it became worse over time... and for what? Just so we could get this ending?
The author could had at least salvaged; what little quality left by not having the predictable couple win but in the end he couldn't even accomplished that smh.

So Marika is trying to fill the void Raku left by interviewing potential mates? I feel bad for the poor fool who ends up with her because you know she's going to constantly try to compare him to Raku...Thanks for fucking up best girl's love life Komi.
At least Tsugumi came out with a banging body. I'm happy for Shuu and Ruri as well.

Good fucking riddance Nisekoi, you won't be missed.

2/10
KashKetchumAug 28, 2016 7:01 PM
Aug 30, 2016 4:38 PM

Apr 2011
^LOL!!!!

Honestly didn't like this last chapter, didn't really tell us anything. Other chapters would be packed with so much speech, and for the last which is supposed to be the closing chapter, barely has any. The overall series was mehhh, I feel like never watching or reading anything with a harem ever again.
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Sep 4, 2016 6:09 AM

Apr 2014
I literally skipped to the ending.
Yui is pregnant What the fuck"?1

Sep 4, 2016 11:37 PM
May 2015
Chapter 1-70-ish: 8.5/10
Chapter 70-227: 8/10 (I also enjoyed the fillers)
Chapter 228-229: 4/10

If I were to ignore Ch. 228 and this god-forsaken Ch. 229, then I would have given this series an 8/10. It felt really rushed and this chapter was undwhelming as fuck.

Seriously, this is like a road trip to some place that your parents promised would be a lot of fun. The journey to the destination was exciting and fun. It made me laugh and I was enjoying every second of it. I was hyped about this destination and I couldn't wait to see it. Or in other words, I couldn't wait to see Chitoge's ending because I was on TeamChitoge. Once I arrived at the destination. It was fucking shit, just like Nisekoi's ending. After reading this chapter, I would have probably preferred that "pure" dense worst bitch to get with Raku.

Sep 11, 2016 11:40 PM

Apr 2015
Ode for Kosaki fans.
Sep 13, 2016 12:14 AM

Sep 2015
I still wanna see the wedding
Although I was on Team Onadera since forever
[align=center][/align]
Oct 9, 2016 10:13 PM

Oct 2007
eogo said:
Well boys, that's it. That's all folks. Nisekoi has finally come to an end. It's wierd, because I expected to be angry or sad or disappointed. At first I was all of those things, but now that I stand back and look at my experience as a whole, I can say one thing for sure. I'm glad I read Nisekoi to the very end. It wasn't the best manga ever for sure, but it was enjoyable. I went through a whole range of emotions when reading Nisekoi, which only happens when I care about a work. I was angry when I realised Onodera would never win. I laughed my ass off at Shuu on multiple occasions. I almost cried when Ruri's Grandad died. I was happy when Onodera finally confessed. And above all else, I felt a sense of acceptance. That yes, Onodera won't win. It was hard for me, because it seemed perfect. They've always liked each other. But in the end, things don't always go our way. To all the Chitoge fans, as much as I may think you are all delusional twats, congratulations. Enjoy that feeling I never got to feel. Alas, my time enjoying Nisekoi has ended. To the Mangaka, Komi, I would like to say thanks bro. Your manga was stupid and annoying, but I liked it. To all my brothers in Team Onodera, I implore you to stand with pride. We stuck it out to the end, and for that be proud of yourselves. Stand wth me one last time. Let us collectively shed a tear of sadness and a tear of happiness. My brothers, I salute you all. It is the end of our journey. This is Eogo signing out. Onodera forever.

I salute you brother. We all saw this was coming but we kept sail anyways. Let us be free now from Komi's grip and sail endlessly..
Oct 21, 2016 2:57 PM
Oct 2016
Why after all this time we finally get to the end they kiss and some god dam petal swoops in to steal the show! And why didn't they just show the wedding and have complete closure on this? Loved every page of this thought it was class good job now just the anime hopefully 😄
Nov 3, 2016 5:10 PM
Aug 2016
Sorry guys i have a question in the final chapter i dont understand if after the wedding raku and chitoge they live togheter or chitoge must travel like her mom and they can see only where chitoge come back to her travels?? Please it is important
Dec 6, 2016 5:42 PM
Nov 2013
Chitoge wins :3 💕
Dec 28, 2016 7:11 PM
Oct 2016
Personally I think this anime should have 4 endings for each one of the girls. 10/10 til the last volume. From the last volume I cant rate it objectively but i dont think that it's bad at all.
Jan 24, 2017 12:48 PM
Jan 2016
im not 100% sure that raku will choose chitoge but i knew for sure from the very beginning that chitoge and kosaki are the endgame. despite all that i still waving my flag and shipping for other girls. my choice is marika > yui > kosaki > the rest. tbh it quite painful to read until the end when you actually know who will be choose. but then i keep reading and hoping and telling myself that maybe, just maybe there might be some twist of event but i made a mistake. there's never such thing happen. guess I might live with my broken heart for awhile now. i will keep sailing and raise my flag for marika, yui and kosaki eternally
Feb 28, 2017 9:50 PM

Jun 2015
Awesome and fun ride.

I enjoyed it very much and I'm glad that Raku realized who the best girl is. Nisekoi's characters are somehow irreplaceable for me now.

Viva Chitoge, the goddess.

8/10
ok :p
Mar 6, 2017 7:02 PM
Mar 2017
In the end i was hook to this manga but after all the story for raku's promises in the past, i seem to have the feeling that this should have ended in better ways. seem like the story in the end doesn't matter for the author after all the years of crush. it hurt to see onodera suffer like that. i know she wanted to repay the kindness chitoge gave her in the 1st place by giving her the key but hell, the rejection chapter sure is hell for me. i wonder if they decided to make this into anime till the end epi what will happen. because its has much more movement and face reaction detail, i think some people might go suicidal. haha.
Mar 23, 2017 5:13 PM

Aug 2012
Rip Onodera 2016

Tsugumi best girl
Mar 24, 2017 6:28 AM
Sep 2013
I used to like this series allot but right after the arc when chitoges mother first appeared it started to go downhill in terms of taste and story as it dragged its story allot to the point where at the end I didn't feel like raku and chitoge were really the best couple in the end. Sure there were some good parts like all the interactions between shu and ruri but in the end I feel as if he should've end up with someone else either onodera or tsugumi (preferably).

If it wasn't dragged on so long I might have supported chitoge.
Mar 25, 2017 11:19 PM
Jul 2018
worst ending ever
May 11, 2017 4:32 PM

Mar 2013
He made the right choice in the end. Yet the scope of the story to come to that point made the resolution very, very lacking.

The plot progression reaches its peak early on, around volume 6 or 7, then it comes to a halt for a whooping 13 volumes, more than a half of the story. Everything that happens from volume 8 to 20 it's so fillery in nature, the greatest development to the story comes in the form of the blooming relationship between two supporting characters. And while Maiko and Ruri were hands down one of the greatest aspects of the manga and at times more endearing and believable than any other pairing except for Raku and Chitoge, it was honestly concerning. Every character introduced during that section of the story, with the very dubious exception of Marika's middle school friend Mikage Shinohara, which becomes a important plot device later, comes out as a cheap way to drag it on. And that's counting Yui-nee, a character so utterly pointless despite having one of the infamous keys, she doesn't even play a role in the resolution to that conflict and is left as an afterthought to it, with her part on the whole childhood promise thing being so absolutely nonsensical and shallow, every other character could have filled it. It's pretty obvious to me that the Tenku Plateau arc was developed with only Raku, Chitoge, Marika and Kosaki in mind, so what was the point of having her?

Fortunately the story picks up with the Tachibana family arc, which shows the full potential of Komi Naoshi's artistic abilities, even the way he would do battle shonen, and it's pretty much the peak of the manga along with the last volume. But unfortunately that just makes the three years or so of filler all the more infuriating. Granted, I'm pretty sure this is not Naoshi-sensei's fault, but Shonen Jump magazine's tendency to milk the cash cow until there's not a single drop left. At least it feels like he could finish the story (somewhat) on his own terms, and for that I'm grateful. I'm really looking forward to whatever he does in the future.
GnkMay 11, 2017 4:51 PM
May 16, 2017 9:40 AM

Oct 2015
it was obvious from the one shot alone.... and especially when Raku realized that he was also in love with chitoge... i rode the chitoge ship as well not really at first(tsugumi was my first choice) but i did like her character development over all...
I do feel bad for Onodera though and some of the other girls that were rejected
oh well atleast Ruri x Shu set sail :P

Blond + tsundere = Win i guess xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2017 5:00 PM
Jan 2017
I've had a bad habit of reading the endgame for every romance manga I read to save tears, regret of ever picking it up etc. I already downloaded the whole volumes in my phone but hesitant to read it yet and went straight here.

I skipped through the chapters I've downloaded and went straight to the final one, and to my disgust the reader's ratings were not far off. Just one chapter, the last one that I've read felt like I've read all 229 of it and I'm glad and I regret it too.

Just one chapter fully read and I found out the real girl in the locket wasn't the one that the dense, indecisive and dumbass MC ended up with, which was anticlimactic and anti poetic in every sense of the word. Looking at the confession she made I felt the pain of not choosing her as she was the reason why we have the "plot" and the drive the MC had in thia whole manga.

I'm saved from reading a heartbreaking manga, but it still left a bitter taste which will stay for a while. Kinda like afyer reading the manga where the MC is a dumbass masturbator and squirts on the walls on female students. Lol.

Though having the author acknowledge that Kosaki was the best girl in his manga makes me respect his work a bit.

----
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» To Nisekoi fans who like Chitoge, can you explain why you like her?

Kira_Illusionist - May 21

23 by Hassan2003 »»
Yesterday, 3:05 AM

» The reasoning the author gives for choosing... is meh [SPOILERS] ( 1 2 )

diu613 - Jul 20, 2016

99 by Kira_Illusionist »»
May 21, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Nisekoi Chapter 206 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

79 by gohanoo »»
Apr 8, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Chapter 68 Discussion

Kaengel - Mar 28, 2013

27 by GGA_ »»
Jan 14, 8:56 PM

» Where to start reading after the anime?

BadSenpai - Sep 26, 2023

6 by chunkybovi »»
Sep 27, 2023 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.