Forum Settings
Forums

Lolita Caramel Visual Novel Thread (Latest skit:- 5)

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 4, 2016 8:12 PM

Mar 2010
Forgot to say, but yeah, MWB didn't detect anything elsewhere. So even if it's a trojan...probably inactive/defective.
Aug 4, 2016 10:27 PM

Aug 2008
Well, I tried scanning the file with an anti-virus, and it always ends up removing the exe file of the game.

I also tried building the game in a Mac computer then scanning it in Windows, but I still got the same warnings. So right now, I will think of those are false alerts. Where the anti-virus thinks the game itself is a virus :o
Aug 5, 2016 12:01 AM

Mar 2014
SweetMonia said:
Stand_Alone_Void said:
Well this is the first VN that I played >_<
And I have to say that I liked it
I think I only saw 1 or 2 minor grammar mistakes but other than that
The music was nice
Also the story line was easy to follow :D
Ahaha~, nice ^^

Could you tell me what these grammar mistakes are? That will help me avoid them in the future :>

I think I have even more confident in writing stories now after reading that, thank you ^^

First one
Sophie said: I will wait you right her
When you meant: I will wait for you right here

Second one
Male student 4 said: I will look for him in near the staircase
You meant: I will look for him near the staircase

"What?"
Aug 5, 2016 7:21 AM

Mar 2016
Okay, here I go...
I just skimmed it, so bear with me xP
Aug 5, 2016 3:07 PM

Mar 2014
I'm not much into VN but I'll review it if I download it.
Niet.
Aug 5, 2016 7:55 PM

Aug 2008
Stand_Alone_Void said:
SweetMonia said:
Ahaha~, nice ^^

Could you tell me what these grammar mistakes are? That will help me avoid them in the future :>

I think I have even more confident in writing stories now after reading that, thank you ^^

First one
Sophie said: I will wait you right her
When you meant: I will wait for you right here

Second one
Male student 4 said: I will look for him in near the staircase
You meant: I will look for him near the staircase
Thank you for telling me about those, I will try to be more careful about them :>
Aug 5, 2016 7:55 PM

Aug 2008
Mochigi said:
Okay, here I go...
I just skimmed it, so bear with me xP
Thank you Mochi, I studied them few times, and I will try to avoid those in the future :3
Aug 5, 2016 7:56 PM

Aug 2008
Sealuck said:
Okay, take your time! You can always catch up to it whenever you feel like too.

Thank you Maidenu Heartu~
Aug 5, 2016 9:37 PM

Aug 2008
Update:- For those who don't want or can't install the games from the link in the opening post, like those who are on mobile, you can watch the game from this video now:-

Aug 6, 2016 1:42 AM

Mar 2014
SweetMonia said:
Sealuck said:

How do you know my deepest secret? Are you omniscient?
Niet.
Aug 6, 2016 3:25 AM

Aug 2014
Quick question: have you recorded the game info at VNDB yet?
Aug 6, 2016 5:31 AM

Dec 2015
Bossu finally finished her game! >>
I'll make sure to download\finish it today ^^
Aug 6, 2016 12:07 PM

Dec 2015
Awesome VN Monia!! The art and music are perfectt

Just some grammar issues I found... (sorry to be so nit picky >w<)

Love the VN so far, best of luck for the rest of it <3
KishmareAug 6, 2016 12:11 PM
Aug 6, 2016 7:51 PM

Aug 2008
Sealuck said:
SweetMonia said:

How do you know my deepest secret? Are you omniscient?
Haha, maybe. But your auras are all about being a maiden :D
Aug 6, 2016 7:51 PM

Aug 2008
Vaenny said:
No, it is not a full visual novel, though I didn't think I should do anything like that. :>
Aug 6, 2016 7:52 PM

Aug 2008
KouKunxX said:
Bossu finally finished her game! >>
I'll make sure to download\finish it today ^^
Nice! I hope you like what I created, dear Kou~ :>
Aug 6, 2016 7:57 PM

Aug 2008
Kishmare said:

Love the VN so far, best of luck for the rest of it <3
Yaay, I am very glad to hear that. ^^

And grammar corrections are welcome, I will try my best to avoid them in any upcoming releases.

Here are my replies to the mistakes you referred to:- :)

Aug 6, 2016 8:03 PM

Nov 2014
downloaded, will play in the morning
Aug 6, 2016 8:05 PM

Aug 2008
jimanator said:
downloaded, will play in the morning
Yay, I will be waiting for your feedback then :D
Aug 6, 2016 8:18 PM

Aug 2014
SweetMonia said:
Vaenny said:
No, it is not a full visual novel, though I didn't think I should do anything like that. :>

Why not? It seems like a good idea. It's good publicity, at least.
Aug 7, 2016 12:09 AM

Aug 2008
Vaenny said:
SweetMonia said:

I agree, but I thought it was not a final novel, so I didn't do it. I will seriously consider adding it there :D
Aug 7, 2016 12:28 AM

Dec 2015
Kishmare said:

And grammar corrections are welcome, I will try my best to avoid them in any upcoming releases.

You could write "There a tons of middle-class people who live a more normal life too."
Or
"There a tons of middle-class people who live more normal lives too."
I am not sure why the "are" should be omitted, but I corrected the extra "a" in my current script, nice find

Gah sorry about the "are" it was 4 am, so I kind of missed some letters >w<
Aug 7, 2016 5:21 AM

Aug 2014
SweetMonia said:
Vaenny said:

I agree, but I thought it was not a final novel, so I didn't do it. I will seriously consider adding it there :D
Perhaps when it's done then. Looking forward to the full build!
Aug 7, 2016 5:26 AM

Dec 2015
I finished it, I loved the music choice, and the characters were super cute
It was short, but I expected it to be (since you were the only one working on it) ^^

there were a few grammar mistakes, though not going to point them out since I'm pretty sure someone already did ^^

Other than that, I really liked it

I hope to see even better stuff from you in the future, make us proud bossu! ^^
Aug 7, 2016 8:39 AM

Apr 2015
Just finished it!
Music was on point! I really enjoyed the main screen music, pure piano bliss
As many others have mentioned, it was short, but despite that I hope to see more installments of the VN!

mmm if I had to point out one thing, it would be the hovering sound when you hover the mouse of the main screen options; the sharp noise kind of interrupts the nice piano, so maybe more subtle or like less sharp would be nice? But that's a personal opinion, so I bet others might think its fine >.<

Oh I also had one question regarding one of the lines!
when male student 2 says:

But yep that's all i have to say/ask! Good luck in creating further installments of the vn!
Aug 8, 2016 3:11 AM

Aug 2008
Kishmare said:
Kishmare said:

You could write "There a tons of middle-class people who live a more normal life too."
Or
"There a tons of middle-class people who live more normal lives too."
I am not sure why the "are" should be omitted, but I corrected the extra "a" in my current script, nice find

No problem, you helped me big time, so I really appreciate this :>
Aug 8, 2016 3:12 AM

Aug 2008
Vaenny said:
SweetMonia said:
Perhaps when it's done then. Looking forward to the full build!
Yes, though I wouldn't mind getting early recognition if possible :>
Aug 8, 2016 3:14 AM

Aug 2008
KouKunxX said:
I finished it, I loved the music choice, and the characters were super cute
It was short, but I expected it to be (since you were the only one working on it) ^^

there were a few grammar mistakes, though not going to point them out since I'm pretty sure someone already did ^^

Other than that, I really liked it

I hope to see even better stuff from you in the future, make us proud bossu! ^^
Nice! Someone else has liked the music of the game. Glad you liked my characters too :3
I will try to make longer skits in the future, but that will take some time :)

Okay~

I hope so too, and thank you for the encouragement, it means a lot to me... *Bows*
Aug 8, 2016 3:18 AM

Aug 2008
neogalactic54 said:
Just finished it!
As many others have mentioned, it was short, but despite that I hope to see more installments of the VN!

mmm if I had to point out one thing, it would be the hovering sound when you hover the mouse of the main screen options; the sharp noise kind of interrupts the nice piano, so maybe more subtle or like less sharp would be nice? But that's a personal opinion, so I bet others might think its fine >.<

But yep that's all i have to say/ask! Good luck in creating further installments of the vn!
Merci, it makes me happy everyone mention that they like the music, it is one of the good things about creating a visual novel :3

You are the first one on MAL to comment on that peace, I quite like it, it fits the theme of the game a lot. I hope you like my upcoming installment, which are going to be much better ^^

I agree with you with that, I made it less sharp than it originally was, but it looks like it still annoyed some people, I will see if I can do something about this.

Merci for your useful feedback neogalactic! I like your Hifumi avvy by the way :3
Aug 8, 2016 7:05 AM

Dec 2015
SweetMonia said:
Kishmare said:

Just ask for it if you need any help, everyone in this amazing club is super friendly and helpful.
Good luck with the next part of the VN. ^u^/
Aug 8, 2016 9:32 AM

Apr 2015
SweetMonia said:
neogalactic54 said:
Just finished it!

Merci, it makes me happy everyone mention that they like the music, it is one of the good things about creating a visual novel :3

You are the first one on MAL to comment on that peace, I quite like it, it fits the theme of the game a lot. I hope you like my upcoming installment, which are going to be much better ^^

I agree with you with that, I made it less sharp than it originally was, but it looks like it still annoyed some people, I will see if I can do something about this.

Merci for your useful feedback neogalactic! I like your Hifumi avvy by the way :3

Good luck with the further installments! Thanks for the compliment :D I like your you-chan avvy too!
Aug 8, 2016 7:40 PM

Nov 2014
all done. i like it, it's a bit short, but you already no that.
Aug 9, 2016 2:59 AM

Aug 2008
neogalactic54 said:
SweetMonia said:

Good luck with the further installments! Thanks for the compliment :D I like your you-chan avvy too!
Thank you! :3
Aug 9, 2016 2:59 AM

Aug 2008
Kishmare said:
SweetMonia said:

Just ask for it if you need any help, everyone in this amazing club is super friendly and helpful.
Good luck with the next part of the VN. ^u^/
Will do! ^^

And, I am glad you are enjoying my café, it makes me happy :)
Aug 9, 2016 3:00 AM

Aug 2008
jimanator said:
all done. i like it, it's a bit short, but you already no that.
Good, anything you liked in particular in it? :>
Aug 9, 2016 9:03 AM

Nov 2014
Aug 22, 2016 2:55 PM

Apr 2016
you made your own video game. that's so cool. looks really good. will play it when I have the chance. looks really good.

More
Yummy
Flavors

TripHop
VGM
Hope
Trance
Aug 22, 2016 8:48 PM

Aug 2008
EndofSummer said:
you made your own video game. that's so cool. looks really good. will play it when I have the chance. looks really good.
Thank you so much! I hope you like it when you do, please post your thoughts here, I would love to read them :3
Aug 31, 2016 5:22 AM

Aug 2016
Dude this seriously is friggin cool. Not even lying. I'm not one for visual novels but this is really REALLY cool. Did you draw the sprites yourself? I'm a learning graphic artist but I'm having trouble understanding (is this ironic? No clue) how to draw the eyes. I've been studying proportions and different styles, but these are great drawings if you did do them. I definitely see promise if you do choose to improve upon this!
Sep 1, 2016 3:20 AM

Aug 2008
VariFox said:
Dude this seriously is friggin cool. Not even lying. I'm not one for visual novels but this is really REALLY cool. Did you draw the sprites yourself? I'm a learning graphic artist but I'm having trouble understanding (is this ironic? No clue) how to draw the eyes. I've been studying proportions and different styles, but these are great drawings if you did do them. I definitely see promise if you do choose to improve upon this!
Thank you so much! Comments like that makes me glad I started this whole things. ^^

Yes, I drew everything myself, I surely plan to make them even better eventually, but I need to establish the world & story first ^^

The eyes are easy if you know they should be like, art is full of things like that:- Simple but not easy to replicate. As long as you keep trying with them, it will work out with you. :D
Sep 1, 2016 3:28 AM

Apr 2013
Should have made it UWP

Looks great, will download and try it, and perhaps give my feedback after~
Sep 1, 2016 5:20 AM

Aug 2016
SweetMonia said:
VariFox said:
Thank you so much! Comments like that makes me glad I started this whole things. ^^

Yes, I drew everything myself, I surely plan to make them even better eventually, but I need to establish the world & story first ^^

The eyes are easy if you know they should be like, art is full of things like that:- Simple but not easy to replicate. As long as you keep trying with them, it will work out with you. :D

Great thanks. I usually spend an hour or two everyday practicing different parts of art (anatomy, hair, etc.) and I've decided to keep a journal of my studies instead of just throwing away the piece of paper I draw on every day.

As for the world and story, I'm sure you'll have no trouble with that. In fact, along with character design, those are probably the most fun parts about creating a visual novel (in my opinion anyways).

Thanks again and I'm really excited to see more from you and this project.
Sep 1, 2016 12:49 PM

Apr 2013
And I have to say that I liked it :D
Although it felt ..ooh something new and ended pretty quickly , I kept wondering..is this a game or just a VN and you just need to read stuff? *noob question ;w;*

The music was nice but I read some people could change it? How did that happen?

Sprites could ofcourse do better reactions but still kudos! :D
Let the grammar stuff be ignored, I liked the story so far,
It was easy to follow :D

SO overall it was fun \m/
Sep 1, 2016 9:27 PM

Aug 2008
Haruka said:
Should have made it UWP

Looks great, will download and try it, and perhaps give my feedback after~
UWP?

Okay, take your time Haruka. Port here whenever you have a feedback for it ^^
Sep 2, 2016 5:31 AM

Aug 2008
VariFox said:
SweetMonia said:

Great thanks. I usually spend an hour or two everyday practicing different parts of art (anatomy, hair, etc.) and I've decided to keep a journal of my studies instead of just throwing away the piece of paper I draw on every day.

As for the world and story, I'm sure you'll have no trouble with that. In fact, along with character design, those are probably the most fun parts about creating a visual novel (in my opinion anyways).

Yes, keeping such a journal can help, an hour & two can be enough, but you may need more to improve faster. Depending how you study anatomy~

That's indeed some of the best part about it, especially the characters design part, it got me to learn things I never thought about too..

And I will do my best to make a better installment next time. I hope to see you around then. ^^
Sep 2, 2016 5:33 AM

Aug 2008
Bhavik_elric90 said:
And I have to say that I liked it :D
Although it felt ..ooh something new and ended pretty quickly , I kept wondering..is this a game or just a VN and you just need to read stuff? *noob question ;w;*

The music was nice but I read some people could change it? How did that happen?

Sprites could ofcourse do better reactions but still kudos! :D
Let the grammar stuff be ignored, I liked the story so far,
It was easy to follow :D

SO overall it was fun \m/
I am happy my visual novel was your first, sorry if it was short, that was done on purpose to make sure I learn the ropes. The next one will be longer.

Yes, in visual novel, you read the text & advance the story usually, most visual novels contain choices as well.

Change the music? I don't think that's possible, unless I did that myself.

I will try to improve on these two just in case. I will stick to the current formula from now on, while making things better of course.

Thank you for reading Lolita Caramel, and I hope to see you around next time. ^^
Sep 2, 2016 5:40 AM

Aug 2016
SweetMonia said:
VariFox said:

Yes, keeping such a journal can help, an hour & two can be enough, but you may need more to improve faster. Depending how you study anatomy~

That's indeed some of the best part about it, especially the characters design part, it got me to learn things I never thought about too..

And I will do my best to make a better installment next time. I hope to see you around then. ^^

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I'll be looking forward to the next installment. Are you just going to post an announcement here when it releases or what?
Sep 2, 2016 5:56 AM

Aug 2008
VariFox said:
SweetMonia said:

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I'll be looking forward to the next installment. Are you just going to post an announcement here when it releases or what?
You're welcome! I will announce it here, you can also follow me on Twitter or subscribe to the newsletter. :)
Sep 2, 2016 5:59 AM

Aug 2016
SweetMonia said:
VariFox said:

You're welcome! I will announce it here, you can also follow me on Twitter or subscribe to the newsletter. :)

Whoa, you've got a crazy amount of media outlets. Pretty cool.

Can you send me the link to the newsletter? I'm a degenerate and can't find it myself lol
Sep 2, 2016 6:09 AM

Aug 2008
VariFox said:
SweetMonia said:

Whoa, you've got a crazy amount of media outlets. Pretty cool.

Can you send me the link to the newsletter? I'm a degenerate and can't find it myself lol
mhmm ^^

You can find the form at the very bottom of the following page, enter your E-mail and you will get a confirmation letter, once you confirm subscription, you are up to receive all updates:- ^^

http://SweetMonia.com/Sweet-Anime-Blog/lolita-caramel-first-skit-is-now-available-download-it-for-free
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ^Say something about the cute girl above you V.32:- Princess Lamina Edition ✩☽✩✩ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Apr 8, 2020

5770 by TheBigGuy »»
Yesterday, 2:12 PM

» Post your CTRL + V ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Aug 17, 2018

1055 by TheBigGuy »»
May 16, 3:04 PM

» When I say __________ What's the first thing that comes to mind V.11:- Nihaha~ Edition~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Jan 19, 2019

5781 by TheBigGuy »»
May 16, 2:59 PM

» Who am I????????؟؟؟؟ - Guess The Anime Character... ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Jul 26, 2013

3509 by Cinna »»
Nov 13, 2023 5:11 AM

Sticky: » My new cat =(*.*)= ( 1 2 )

SweetMonia - Mar 7, 2015

90 by SweetMonia »»
Aug 10, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.