Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 3, 2016 9:46 AM

Feb 2014
I think what bugs me the most is that they've done nothing but just rushed, alter, and cut all the other routes. What the hell happened to this original Kagari route? This anime would have been a lot better spent having completely focused on this original route. I don't qualify alternations of already established routes as original, that's bullshit.

While I was not a supporter of only focusing on some original route that no one cares about and wanted a normal and faithful adaptation instead (that's a given), I'd take the former any day of the week than what we're getting now. This is Grisaia all over again.

Now we got 7 episodes left and they'll probably rush Akane and Kotori's routes as well. There will not be enough time to make this original route compelling.

This is beyond being a terrible adaptation, it's just becoming a mediocre show on its own merits.
Aug 3, 2016 9:16 PM

Jun 2014
LoomyTheBrew said:
I think what bugs me the most is that they've done nothing but just rushed, alter, and cut all the other routes. What the hell happened to this original Kagari route? This anime would have been a lot better spent having completely focused on this original route. I don't qualify alternations of already established routes as original, that's bullshit.

While I was not a supporter of only focusing on some original route that no one cares about and wanted a normal and faithful adaptation instead (that's a given), I'd take the former any day of the week than what we're getting now. This is Grisaia all over again.

Now we got 7 episodes left and they'll probably rush Akane and Kotori's routes as well. There will not be enough time to make this original route compelling.

This is beyond being a terrible adaptation, it's just becoming a mediocre show on its own merits.

If I remember correctly there was an interview or something that said that the story diverges from the VN at episodes 7 or something, so that problably when the new route starts. So, patience. Also you are exagerating, these are not routes but only backstory. And while I think it was badly rushed, I don't think it's a bad idea. After all, the heroine would have no backstory and would have no role in this adaptation if we assume the story goes Common -> 6th route -> Moon -> Terra.

Just think about Moon,
Aug 4, 2016 12:29 AM

Apr 2013
This story is fine and all, but things are (ironically) still moving too quickly in my opinion. I know nothing about the VN, either. I could picture this being a nice route, though.
SJ7izmAug 4, 2016 12:34 AM
Aug 4, 2016 1:54 PM

Jul 2014
Geez... It's awfull trying to dodge every comments from donttouchmywaifuLucia "elitist" readers.
You've got Rewrite (vn), and soon enough Rewrite+.
Can't you just watch happily some fan-service, forget those absurd promises made-up by 8-bit and stop complaining about anything ?
I really enjoyed Rewrite, more than i hate this adaptation but still i enjoy to see those characters i love animated, those song i listen way too much being remixed to fit with the episods.
I hate this anim for not being the vn i love but i still appreciate it as an anime.
Welp
Aug 4, 2016 2:16 PM

Jan 2016
it felt very rushed tbh
I'm starting to think about reading the visual novel, because the plot seems very interesting. Should I give it a try, i've enver read a vidual novel tho :X
Aug 4, 2016 3:14 PM

Feb 2013
Murasa22 said:
nurBAW said:

then I'll clarify myself, hell all of the team who made this anime... I still couldn't believe they would butchered Lucia route like this... talking about making original route about kagari.

How can you possibly adapt Moon/Terra without explaining each heroine's backstories? You need to stop and think about how they're supposed to explain Terra with everything focused only on Kagari...

They even said months ago that each heroine would have enough time to "shine" before the original route starts. I don't know why you're surprised..

I just dislike the way they resolve things. shizuru and lucia story so far just go like "swoosh". I hope the anime drop a hint (obvious hint) minimum 2 times in different episode before so we can attach to the character better. Lucia route probably better if they include 2 chihaya vs Lucia fight in episode 3 and 4.
Aug 4, 2016 3:58 PM

Feb 2014
I know a lot of people are talking about how rushed this anime has been so far, but does anyone else think it is possible for it to fix it's pacing later on? This is an anime original route, and so far they want to get some character backstories in.

Once actual anime original story comes in, it is possible the pacing sort of fixes itself since they don't have to worry about trying to fit in scenes from the VN. They've already introduced Gaia/Guardian, so now they don't have to do it anymore. They can now just slowly expand upon their ideals and the ways they go about things.

We'll have to wait and see though, I am very interested to see how this will turn out!

Even if it isn't too great, I am hoping for another cour adapting Moon/Terra. I can see some problems with actually visually adapting the first part of moon, as it gets VERY weird, but the second part of Moon + Terra are all linear and can fit within 12 or 13 episodes flawlessly.

Although so far I am enjoying the anime, I cannot wait to see the previews tomorrow to have an idea on where they'll go from here on out. I'm guessing they'll go back to school and Kotarou will keep his mouth shut as he said he would. Hopefully that happens so we can possibly get some of the greater Yoshino moments! I honestly cannot see them going over more backstory next episode.
Aug 4, 2016 6:08 PM

Jul 2013
Authoaria said:
I know a lot of people are talking about how rushed this anime has been so far, but does anyone else think it is possible for it to fix it's pacing later on? This is an anime original route, and so far they want to get some character backstories in.

Once actual anime original story comes in, it is possible the pacing sort of fixes itself since they don't have to worry about trying to fit in scenes from the VN. They've already introduced Gaia/Guardian, so now they don't have to do it anymore. They can now just slowly expand upon their ideals and the ways they go about things.

We'll have to wait and see though, I am very interested to see how this will turn out!

Even if it isn't too great, I am hoping for another cour adapting Moon/Terra. I can see some problems with actually visually adapting the first part of moon, as it gets VERY weird, but the second part of Moon + Terra are all linear and can fit within 12 or 13 episodes flawlessly.

Although so far I am enjoying the anime, I cannot wait to see the previews tomorrow to have an idea on where they'll go from here on out. I'm guessing they'll go back to school and Kotarou will keep his mouth shut as he said he would. Hopefully that happens so we can possibly get some of the greater Yoshino moments! I honestly cannot see them going over more backstory next episode.

Semi-spoilers
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Aug 4, 2016 8:38 PM

Mar 2009
I feel bad for the VN readers, but I don't know. I've enjoyed the past two episodes, as far as the anime is concerned.
Aug 5, 2016 5:21 AM

Apr 2015
sanata50lbsb said:
Authoaria said:

Semi-spoilers

24 ep follow up? Joke of the day.
Aug 5, 2016 8:50 AM

Oct 2015
Heiki-kun said:
How can they turn my favorite VN into THIS?

Usually Key VN adaptations are famous for their emotional Drama. But with this much fast pacing no one would feel anything.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Aug 5, 2016 8:56 AM

Feb 2016
Maikeru-kun136 said:
it felt very rushed tbh
I'm starting to think about reading the visual novel, because the plot seems very interesting. Should I give it a try, i've enver read a vidual novel tho :X

It was my first and favorite i reccomend to download it if you want to but its 100% better then this terrible adaptation apart from the comedy the story is so fast u dont feel anything whereas in the VN it was 10/10 and the feels hit hard but the VN is well worth the time.

Aug 5, 2016 5:04 PM

Mar 2015
I don't know what to say...

It wasn't bad but it most certainly wasn't good and I'm not even trying to compare it to the VN.

The pacing is horrid, the scene transitions was shit (like the previous episodes) but the story was okay albeit rushed. Don't get me started on some of the sloppy art I saw. I just don't know...

2.5/5
"Please call me... The Ultimate Hope."
Aug 5, 2016 9:00 PM
Jul 2016
Waiting for the next chapter viewers war.

Only VN reader elitists: This chapter was crap for ******** reasons, what did they do with the story I enjoyed so much! Damn you 8-bit Grisaia!!!

VN readers who also enjoy the anime: Shut your trap! This was good for !"#%$ reasons! 8-bit didn't screwed up that much.

Anime only elitists: Don't understand, horrible animation, the story was probably butchered, typical 8-bit. Grisaia!!! There are better series in this season than this crap.

Casual anime watchers: This show isn't that bad, is actually good for &(/%/ reasons. The series is getting bashed due to excessive hype.
Aug 6, 2016 1:21 AM
Jul 2018
JanusVonMaria said:
Waiting for the next chapter viewers war.

Only VN reader elitists: This chapter was crap for ******** reasons, what did they do with the story I enjoyed so much! Damn you 8-bit Grisaia!!!

VN readers who also enjoy the anime: Shut your trap! This was good for !"#%$ reasons! 8-bit didn't screwed up that much.

Anime only elitists: Don't understand, horrible animation, the story was probably butchered, typical 8-bit. Grisaia!!! There are better series in this season than this crap.

Casual anime watchers: This show isn't that bad, is actually good for &(/%/ reasons. The series is getting bashed due to excessive hype.

omg you nailed so much everything that happens for the last 5 weeks xD
Aug 6, 2016 3:16 PM

Aug 2013
This makes the previous episode seem slow paced by comparison... Seriously what the hell this was just a really bad spoiler for Lucia's route. It was obvious right in the beginning of the episode that Lucia is Asahi Haruka. In the VN they worded it so that it convinced you they are different people but with very similar situations, and then the reveal was one of the best parts of the novel.

It would have been better if they just adapted the common route before it branches towards each heroine's routes, do that properly with good pacing, and then do their anime original route for the last 5-6 episodes. Cause what they got right is all the comedy scenes. Just focus on one thing, we don't need half-assed backstories. If you're going to do heroine routes do it properly with at least 24 episodes. This could have been longer than Clannad.
Aug 8, 2016 1:45 PM

Feb 2015
Im done with this show, its awful. Im not a VN reader and as a viewer it makes no sense and doesn't flow. Nothing is explained and the art & animation is horrible. Dropped.
Aug 9, 2016 5:30 PM

May 2010
Nice job squeezing a few hours of gameplay into what, 12 minutes? xD

Besides, from what I remember, in the vn Lucia turning out to be Haruka was a real surprise, here it was obvious since the very first scene of the episode, lol.

The only three good things about this episode:
1. Sunbright as ending, loved it.
2. Preview of Lucia getting new badass dress
3. This gif:
Aug 10, 2016 1:46 AM

Oct 2008
Poisoned? Decay powers? no problem Tennouji will just use his powers of Rewrite!
I heard the word Gaia again!?
4/5.

Aug 12, 2016 3:20 PM

Jun 2015
animefan8800 said:
Well it's great that HE can touch Lucia, but nothing else living can right? She's still fucked then. :( At least she's got big, beautiful tits! XD

So is ghost girl The Key? Seems obvious...

In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Aug 12, 2016 3:21 PM

Jun 2015
So glad I didn't watch the anime. Damn feels like mediocre at best.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Aug 23, 2016 10:03 PM

Jun 2013
The execution is iffy at best, but there are still a lot of interesting things going on plotwise. At the beginning I said I'd watch this to the end---no matter what kind of trainwreck it becomes---, but I feel like it could still come together nicely despite the truncated version we're getting now. I haven't read the VN, but there's no way character arcs from a Key VN can fit into single episodes without heavy omissions. Still feels choppy as an anime-only viewer.
Aug 24, 2016 2:20 PM

Jul 2009
Of course Lucia have powers, like every other girl that is in the club...seems that now that she knows she can be touched she kinda wants to be with him, is this a harem?!
Sep 28, 2016 11:16 AM

Jan 2016
incredible episode! lots of curiosity! but what fucked me was the ending what the fuck o.O lol fuck katana and micro SMG, wat the hell is that all about..
and more interesting,, who else have "superpowers" now that is something that is one my mind, but hey its only halfway xD

Soo far its funny and very fascinating. like, how will it end,and what is really going on here. can see it look like the world is destroyed almost in some scene with kotarou. hmmmm
Dead_By_HeartSep 29, 2016 3:14 AM
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Sep 28, 2016 1:20 PM

Apr 2015
Dead_By_Heart said:
incredible episode! lots of curiosity! but what fucked me was the ending what the fuck o.O lol fuck katana and micro SMG, wat the hell is that all about..
and more interesting,, who else have "superpowers" now that is something that is one my mind, but hey its only halfway xD

Soo far its funny and very fascinating how it will end and what is really going on here. can see it look like the world is destroyed almost in some scene with kotarou. hmmmm

Do you agree, Kotori?

Sep 29, 2016 3:13 AM

Jan 2016
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Dead_By_Heart said:

Soo far its funny and very fascinating how it will end and what is really going on here. can see it look like the world is destroyed almost in some scene with kotarou. hmmmm

Do you agree, Kotori?

sucks to be you then xD
Sep 29, 2016 5:13 AM

Apr 2015
Dead_By_Heart said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Do you agree, Kotori?

sucks to be you then xD

Why? Because, unlike you, I have a good taste?
Sep 29, 2016 6:39 AM

Jan 2016
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Dead_By_Heart said:

sucks to be you then xD

Unlike you, i don't really give a shit, you have your own opinion, we're homans! we think different. and if you don't like it, why bother so much??
Oct 3, 2016 6:39 PM

May 2012
This was rather the melodramatic episode if you ask me! But I sure liked the character development and more focus on their special abilities.

Looking forward to see what's next.
Oct 3, 2016 9:57 PM
Jul 2016
Dead_By_Heart said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Unlike you, i don't really give a shit, you have your own opinion, we're homans! we think different. and if you don't like it, why bother so much??
I don't mean to be rude but what's Homans?
Oct 4, 2016 3:11 AM

Jan 2016
Ranoutofideas said:
Dead_By_Heart said:

im too lazy typing Humans..haha
Oct 4, 2016 4:34 AM
Jul 2016
Dead_By_Heart said:
Ranoutofideas said:

it's fine, we're all lazy when it comes to typing sometimes.
Oct 4, 2016 4:55 AM

Jan 2016
Ranoutofideas said:
Dead_By_Heart said:

it's fine, we're all lazy when it comes to typing sometimes.

ooooh well.. what you do.?
Dec 16, 2016 4:41 PM

Aug 2013
Shit is getting interesting! I like where the plot is going!
I Don't trust those Guardian people though...
Mar 29, 2017 4:52 AM

Jul 2014
good episode, however i really wish they added anime original contents since the anime isn't going with her route, they really tried their best to adapt her backstory but if they've gone with the church scene and her route parts it really needs a 12 episode anime at least. 4/5 overall, i really like lucia's design
Apr 20, 2017 9:54 AM

Jul 2014
Another sad backstory, and they go straight to the heart of secrets on revealing the organization.

Jun 15, 2017 2:31 AM

Mar 2015
I like Lucia, she has a pretty cool power if you ask me
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 15, 2017 6:48 PM

Sep 2015
Sadly Lucid still has the curse. Wow lol we found out how this anime came to be called Rewrite. I think im shipping him with Lucid for now.
Oct 24, 2017 11:07 AM

Oct 2012
As I thought, they butchered the best route... the rush made all developement and mystery in vain as there was barely enough time for viewer to sink it in.
I mean, it was nice bonus for those who played the game and knew what's going on but I honestly doubt anime-only viewers would understand it well.
Also... no romance.. that's pretty sad.

Seems like they are going with Guardian story then, probably mix of both Lucia and Shizuru route put together.

rinneganfire4u said:
Still, Lucia was sure a good match for our flippant Koutarou but still I am a supporter of air-headed childhood friend. Also, was Shizuru lying when she said about Lucia 'convincing' herself that she killed plants and animals, when we know she IS responsible for withering???

That's the adaptation problem. In VN the story was told in way that made reader think she's just schizophrenic and that she is just deluding herself that she has poisoning ability where in fact she had none. Most of the route Kotarou tried to convince her that it was all just set of coincidences that happened at wrong times because such superpowers doesn't exist. At this point in the novel there was lot of hinting that all supernatural and mystery can be explained scientifically. This was true even for the common route and tsuchinoko case we saw in the anime was great example of this debunking. There were many other similiiar cases so the reader had no reason to thing it would be superpower.
Sadly, the anime made it way too obvious. It's like the detective novel without any actual investigation.
Mich666Oct 24, 2017 11:19 AM
Mar 21, 2019 7:18 PM

May 2012
someone should "rewrite" this story, cause its so bad... hahahahahahaha
Apr 29, 2020 10:16 PM

Feb 2018
Lucia arc is so good...
Aug 21, 2021 10:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Things are clearer now, so the MC has the ability to "rewrite" his body and be immunized against the other powers (I suppose) and well you have main organization with people that have powers vs Gaia the evil one, uh.
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM

Jul 2012
With those condition (the one who she can touch is Tennouji), which means.. Only him who can be her husband (lol)
What a nice scenario 😆😅

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2016

223 by White_Alice »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.