Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 30, 2016 5:32 AM

May 2012
Another great episode. Everything was good, the OST, the sex scenes, the torture scens, the fight against the kushan.

Fuck animation haters. You don't need ufotable animation to enjoy an anime
Jul 30, 2016 5:34 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode, it was very gloomy. The world feels more and more savage and hopeless. Its amazing how fast you learn what Luca is all about. That one line about pillow talk said it all.

The animation looked mostly very good, but sometimes like a video game cutscene. A little bit distracting, but no big deal.
Jul 30, 2016 5:40 AM
Jan 2011
The quality really seems to have levelled out now after a rocky start. Feels far more focused now.

Was I the only person who found having CGI models in the same shot as 2D characters a bit weird though? It just looked a little...odd I guess.
Jul 30, 2016 8:27 AM
Dec 2014
First scene surprisingly funny.. Awesome soundtrack.. Fightscenes cringe as usual but again, many dark scenes. I like it.
Jul 30, 2016 8:42 AM
Jun 2016
In first episodes i didn't care about cg, but now anime kind of feels empty, i don't know whether it is because of 3d, but it feels quite empty, from scenes which are intended to be terrifying i get nothing, just staring at screen for 20 mins, even Manga which is just paper captures everything times better, such a waste, i have realized now why so much people are against this type of graphic i guess and i'am now one of them, usual would have been times better, just look at Shokugeki no Souma, it is so good, everything gives some sort of feeling whether it's excitement or something else, just a waste the way i look at it.
Jul 30, 2016 10:16 AM

Oct 2015
puppetmazter said:
Great episode, it was very gloomy. The world feels more and more savage and hopeless. Its amazing how fast you learn what Luca is all about. That one line about pillow talk said it all.

The animation looked mostly very good, but sometimes like a video game cutscene. A little bit distracting, but no big deal.

I felt they really nailed the tower of conviction and the refugee camp's athmosphere of the manga. That sick athmosphere, feeling that its not a place where something holy will happen, but something demonic and rotten. The world is truly dead in this place.
Jul 30, 2016 10:58 AM
May 2010
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Hai Yo is gonna be ruined by the time this show ends. Due to the soundtrack barely having any good music (or any music at all), they just keep replaying that song because it's all they have. As good as the song is, if they keep reusing it it'll lose its luster. And in this episode they used it far too much and with other sounds layered over it to make it seem different when it just sounded cluttered. Susumu Hirasawa only wrote one song for this show, lets not ruin it.

I feel you bro, it's too bad that there's only one song written for this anime compare to the previous movie. Hai Yo is still an awesome song though and I won't get bored by it anytime sooner.
Jul 30, 2016 11:20 AM
Mar 2016
Nice to see some of that Luca and Jerome sex scene, If they go all the way the we could have seen some hentai, Elena's unstoppable bleeding, yep, it's actually a mid stage ovarian cancer. Poor sickly baby's mom, he had a red hot metal inserted into her vagina. Guts, kill that priest already.
Jul 30, 2016 1:16 PM

Jul 2016
I really like the combination of puck and guts LOL! puck is so kawaii ^_^ and guts is so badass, Such a cute & badass team haha
Jul 30, 2016 1:19 PM

Feb 2009
That soundtrack is epic, and Guts slicing those Kushan soldiers like butter was marvelous.
Jul 30, 2016 1:21 PM

May 2015
The moment the song played when Guts pulls out the big ass sword: epic. Good thing the bloody scenes were not censored.

That torture chamber was really disturbing, though. Why isn't that old fart dead yet?

Probably best episode so far.

Jul 30, 2016 2:34 PM

Feb 2010
You know the setting is truly bleak after realizing that the only glimmer of hope is this guy...THE SkullKnight!

Jul 30, 2016 2:35 PM

Feb 2014
Gotta say best episode so far.
Hai yo really rocks everytime it plays, Guts slaying those kushans and wheel ghosts was really cool.
I love the Puck and Isidoro dynamic its just lighten the mood.
The torture scenes looked not so scary and pretty lame must be the crappy CGI.
Also best girl Luca looked really beautiful still the sex scene looked lame again because CGI.
Oh dear watching Casca like this still really hurts, GRIFFFFITH!
Jul 30, 2016 4:25 PM

Jul 2009
The torture part was really like the manga, that's a good point to this bad animation...
Luca have such a good heart...
Jul 30, 2016 7:27 PM

Jan 2011
Am I the only one that thinks the CGI is decent? I loved the 1998's art style but I think the CGI in this is pretty good by CGI TV anime standards; it's smooth and the shading adds a Valkyria Chronicles feel to it. I would prefer a full budget, mostly hand-animated show of course but I feel people are underestimating the level of effort and detail in this for a TV show. The camera angles and directing are absolutely solid.
Jul 30, 2016 7:40 PM

Aug 2013
lancer35 said:
puppetmazter said:

I felt they really nailed the tower of conviction and the refugee camp's athmosphere of the manga. That sick athmosphere, feeling that its not a place where something holy will happen, but something demonic and rotten. The world is truly dead in this place.

Im absolutely with you. The screenshot, that was probably the most effective scene to me.
Jul 30, 2016 10:20 PM

May 2015
I missed Luca's nipples :'(
Jul 31, 2016 4:13 AM

Sep 2011
franciskodragon said:
I missed Luca's nipples :'(

A whxxe she might be, more saint than that bitchy captain.
Jul 31, 2016 7:42 AM

Jan 2010
Great episode! Berserk destroying the Kushans was awesome to watch.

Really, I'm enjoying every episode of the show and I hope it continues until where the manga is now so Kentaro Miura can finish the story.

Everyone who reads the manga giving it a low score just because it's not perfect, the way you want it, are just losing the chance of enjoying a good show with lots of fan service for those who reads the manga. I can only feel sorry!
Jul 31, 2016 8:57 AM
Apr 2015
G_Spark233 said:

Gotta love this guy XD

That was my favourite part of the episode!
He is probably one of the most interesting characters in the manga in my opinion. (from what I've read so far anyway!)
Jul 31, 2016 11:36 AM

Oct 2015
TheCoondog said:

That was my favourite part of the episode!
He is probably one of the most interesting characters in the manga in my opinion. (from what I've read so far anyway!)

I would call him colourful not necessarily interesting.
From my conclusions about him and his group, and essentially the entirety of religion/the Vatican (I think they are called like that?), basically they are believing in a hollow religion, and these guys are just completely brainwashed fanatics who commit terrible acts in the name of religion (though some good ones too, but mostly bad).

But at the end of the day, they are fools believing in fake/hollow Gods, and are eventually turned into demon slaves by the real evils.
Jul 31, 2016 11:59 AM

Dec 2012
The fight scenes, music and voice acting make this series easily worth watching. People need to stop throwing hissy fits over animation.
Jul 31, 2016 4:27 PM

Dec 2013
Ulquiorra said:
Religion is scary, too scary.
[2]

I hate the art of this anime, but beside this, the story, soundtrack and the ending music are awesome. Love them.
Jul 31, 2016 8:00 PM
Apr 2016
editing was kind of weird.
Jul 31, 2016 8:02 PM

May 2015
I created this in Dark Souls 3 :D

[アウサマ95]
Jul 31, 2016 11:22 PM

Oct 2011
oh damn the torture chamber. Isodoro following guts. Demon wheel omg
Aug 1, 2016 2:50 PM

Nov 2008
spent half of the episode thinking how great this would be without the CGI...
Aug 1, 2016 3:08 PM

Mar 2016
As someone also watching Ushio and Tora, a retro anime remade LAST YEAR, god... this animation remains hideous, even in screen caps. And it's newer.

CG doesn't work on living humans; they look like wood without any texture.

thepath said:
Another great episode. Everything was good, the OST, the sex scenes, the torture scens, the fight against the kushan.

Fuck animation haters. You don't need ufotable animation to enjoy an anime

It doesn't help, but I understand your point. The fact is, this amazing series was done low budget by, let's be honest here, essentially hacks, and the animation is the least of its problems. I mean, come on, they only have ONE really great piece of music and after two episodes, already they're overusing it. As someone said, it's going to ruin the impact of it, but it's all they have. It's the definition of desperation.

And so what if now it's trying to follow the manga as faithfully as possible? The whole journey up to it is still botched. It just makes no sense to me to even bother with this any longer.

I'm past settling for "Oh, well, it's okay. Better than nothing". It should always be about the big picture.

I'll say it again, maybe in 25 years, when it's done (hopefully), ALL of Berserk will finally get the adaptation it deserves and we can all forget about every other failure until now.

rhap said:
Great episode! Berserk destroying the Kushans was awesome to watch.

Really, I'm enjoying every episode of the show and I hope it continues until where the manga is now so Kentaro Miura can finish the story.

It's 26 episodes. If they were smart, it shouldn't go past the Tower of Conviction... but, of course it will. It's definitely not going to reach where you're thinking, though.
CrimsonCWAug 2, 2016 12:17 PM
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Aug 1, 2016 6:47 PM

Apr 2014
Please just stop showing tits if they're gonna be nippleless, so bad looking and distracting.
Aug 1, 2016 7:51 PM

Feb 2014
It's getting better with each episode, may end up raising the score from 3 to 4 if this keep up.
Aug 2, 2016 5:37 AM

Jul 2009
RealCW said:

CG doesn't work on living humans; they look like wood without any texture.

Indeed, on faces especially it's a giant sin to use it. Makes it near impossible to read and connect with the characters properly.
Aug 2, 2016 6:21 AM

Dec 2015
Liked how the prostitutes helped each other and that one customer also seemed like a nice guy. Looking forward to the evil inqusitor guy. He is making funny faces ha ha.
Aug 2, 2016 10:27 AM

Aug 2013
RealCW said:
I mean, come on, they only have ONE really great piece of music and after two episodes, already they're overusing it. As someone said, it's going to ruin the impact of it, but it's all they have. It's the definition of desperation.

I understand the concern. But they havent used the track, except once in episode 2, when Guts escaped from the Holy Knights camp, and twice in this episode. Prior to that, he had around 7 or 8 fight scenes. Not one of them used it. But I agree, hearing it twice in one episode stands out..
Aug 3, 2016 1:36 AM

Oct 2008
Full morbidity to the max!
Looks like Guts found 2nd follower Isidro (from ep1)
Damn Guts is really insanely ape strong! MAN! whooo!
5/5!

Aug 3, 2016 8:17 AM

Apr 2010
Axelucard said:
damn that was awesome and the ost is really good and that square face monk is just fucking sick. So i guess it's a normal thing that women don't have nipples lol

Torture, gore, horse rape - ok

Nipples - offensive af, get that shit out of here
Aug 3, 2016 9:37 AM

Jul 2009
antonn said:

Nipples - offensive af, get that shit out of here

Not just any nipples but female ones! D:

Aug 3, 2016 10:10 PM

Jun 2016
Pretty decent episode, I thought. The bad art and animation continues to be distracting, but it's not insufferable. It even has its moments (some of the fighting sequences, the torture room, THAT FACE)
Aug 5, 2016 5:17 AM

Mar 2009
Isidoro?
Come on, Crunchyroll. It's Isidro.

Sawashiro's voice. wew.
Another decent episode.
Aug 5, 2016 7:55 PM

Sep 2014
wasnt too entheused about watching this episode....this episode i can say was definitely better than the previous. this probably has to do with the series not jumping all over the place this time. guess the series is gonna settle into the story finally. it just might be looking up n up from here. the animation is still bothersome but animation doesnt override good story.
Aug 6, 2016 12:34 AM

Dec 2012
Dark Souls everywhere, I love to discover its origin. Fortunately, the episodes are getting better and better. The first part when Guts appears was epic
Aug 6, 2016 10:48 PM

Jul 2008
If there was ever a reason to be an Atheist...well...
Aug 9, 2016 3:04 AM

Jun 2013
Sausage whip ~ sausage nae nae ~ sausage whip whip ~

Guts was so bad ass stepping in when the Kushans were about to kill the ginger. I guess in some twisted way, the Kushans saved the ginger and brought Guts to him (in a way).

Puck's food tax is excessive then again, since the ginger's life was spared/saved then it's a small token of gratitude.

That tent sex scene was fucking weird and cringeworthy. Nipple-less breasts do absolutely nothing for me.

I'm guessing the blonde girl has an STD of sorts? I doubt it's just her period, they wouldn't freak that much over it.

Honestly, I'm enjoying Berserk more than I thought I would. I was being an asshole by judging its CGI-ness, which still can be annoying but it doesn't deter from its story. I'm upping my rating because the story gets better with each episode.
臭い-
Aug 11, 2016 1:34 PM

Aug 2014
Came for Hai Yo♫ and Miyuki Sawashiro, left satisfied. Keep it up Berserk 2016.
Aug 12, 2016 12:04 AM

Oct 2015
nudity nudity and more shitty graphical nonsense
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 19, 2016 5:16 PM
May 2012
lihle808 said:
nudity nudity and more shitty graphical nonsense

Nudity? No nipples, bro. I guess it's still nudity.
Aug 20, 2016 2:30 PM

Mar 2010
Love seeing some manga shit animated, gave me some sentimental feelings and shit. But yeah enjoyed puck so much, and the usually horror berserk portrays.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 25, 2016 1:25 PM

Nov 2015
The undead are attacking!

Aug 26, 2016 5:20 PM

Oct 2014
While the CG is bloody awful, the thing that truly distracts me in the fights is the direction. It feels very clunky and confusing. The music is very nice but the technical problems still hamper my enjoyment of the fights up to this episode. I know it's from the source material but the comedy really works against it, especially the super deformed expressions. (not specifically from this episode, just saying in general)
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Aug 26, 2016 9:43 PM

Sep 2014
Toa_of_Gallifrey said:
While the CG is bloody awful, the thing that truly distracts me in the fights is the direction. It feels very clunky and confusing. The music is very nice but the technical problems still hamper my enjoyment of the fights up to this episode. I know it's from the source material but the comedy really works against it, especially the super deformed expressions. (not specifically from this episode, just saying in general)
the direction surprisingly cleans up in a couple episodes. the pacing finaly settles and the seriers proceeds like normal. unfortunately i dont think it's enough to save it
Aug 31, 2016 3:41 PM

Feb 2013
Nice torture room. Farnese seemed more shocked than excited at the sight of it.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

182 by Dractune »»
May 12, 10:25 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2016

990 by Bruh69XD »»
Apr 30, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

231 by Qtaro91_original »»
Mar 24, 4:38 PM

» Why does berserk, one of the greatest manga has such a shitty anime adaptation?

IMortaI - Aug 14, 2023

30 by Old_School_Akira »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:37 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2016

285 by Ere14 »»
Nov 11, 2023 4:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.