Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 29, 2016 1:33 AM

Jan 2016
Guys, let's hope this trend of adapting things really well continues next episode, because let's be honest, if the ending isn't well done, it just isn't planetarian.

in any case, prepare the tear buckets ;~;
VN adaptations trigger me
Jul 29, 2016 1:52 AM
Jul 2018
Murasa22 said:
Solid episode.

Seeing the Warmonger moving and shooting is a dream coming true...

This is probably the best VN adaptation of the century. Very atmospheric and similiar to the source.

And holy shit...I'M NOT READY FOR THE NEXT EPISODE.

It's time to relieve the feels from years ago..god dammit, Key.

EDIT: PREVIEW SCREENSHOTS FROM EPISODE 5 (SPOILERS):

Yep, im going to cry my bawls out.

Tfw I finished the VN recently.

Oh boy this will break everyone .x.U
Jul 29, 2016 2:26 AM

Jan 2009
Akio-kun said:
The ending and the fact that this was made by David Productions was all I need to make a quick video edit of what I thought about it's cliffhanger.

bwahahah, yes - this is the same I thought during that last frame.

Maaaaaaaaan, this is pretty amazing.
Jul 29, 2016 2:42 AM

Apr 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

You're a cold, cold person. Just go back to your Rewrite, 'please'.

That conclusion though Lol. So me not loving Planetarian or having some low expectations for the finale (when of course I am reading its VN at the moment because I didn't liked the pacing for the anime) = Being a cold person.

Mate come on

So why are still watching, anyway? I dropped garba... ehm... Rewrite cause I felt absolutely nothing, except for irritation.
Jul 29, 2016 2:45 AM
Jul 2018
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

That conclusion though Lol. So me not loving Planetarian or having some low expectations for the finale (when of course I am reading its VN at the moment because I didn't liked the pacing for the anime) = Being a cold person.

Mate come on

So why are still watching, anyway? I dropped garba... ehm... Rewrite cause I felt absolutely nothing, except for irritation.

Because I don't drop shows due to masochism :')
Jul 29, 2016 2:48 AM

Apr 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

I've never dropped anything until Rewrite. That's how bad it is/was.
Jul 29, 2016 2:53 AM

Sep 2013
Another good episode. Yumemi was so adorable when she tripped over the bump that she warned the Junker about. I love that the Junker has grown fond of Yumemi and wants to have a traveling planetarian. He was even thinking about getting a recharge station somehow.

However...

TehSnawnJul 29, 2016 3:08 AM

Jul 29, 2016 2:54 AM
Jul 2018
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

I've never dropped anything until Rewrite. That's how bad it is/was.

I can somehow see but still I've seen worse out there personally... Just saying \owo/

Besides friendly reminder I finished the Visual Novel for Planetarian and while I do agree it is a better adaptation than Rewrite (and its not saying that its shit).

... I still prefer the Visual Novel ._.
Jul 29, 2016 5:58 AM

Nov 2013
oh look, there is a bump, be careful!
wait never mind i'll just go and fall to show the costumer what would happen to him if he didnt see the bump. HAHAHA

also pretty fun when she just picked the bottle even tho the guy was super scared of it
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 29, 2016 6:44 AM

Mar 2015
the series has been having "sad ending" vibes from the start but you guys just made me sure. idk if i should look forward to next episode or not. i hate for tearing my heart but i love them for the same reason at the same time. if i don't feel sad by the ending, you guys are the reason!
Jul 29, 2016 6:52 AM

Jun 2013
So Mr. Customer is going to his ride but Yumemi is constantly needing breaks because her legs are overheating and need cooling. She wasn't made for kilometer long walks like this or maybe she's just a bit rusty. Lol she was telling that there are bumps in the road and was constantly falling over those very bumps. Lol the guy was looking at that bottle from every angle to make sure it isn't going to blow up and Yumemi picks it up just like that and hands it to him.

The guy has taken a liking to Yumemi and doesn't want to see her in this empty city waiting for the customers who will never come. And Yumemi can't process this new information that the city is deserted which is why she still wants to stay at the planetarium and wait for customers. That ending though. The robot was stronger than he expected and it fired back at him. And by the looks of it, it managed to strike pretty close too. But the guy is probably alive, I hope though.
Jul 29, 2016 7:04 AM

Dec 2009
I see people randomly praising it as a super-adaption of a VN... I don't know about the source and how sparse it might be, but this is flying by way too quick for me. In this case, the VN was probably lacking content because of how short it is, that's fine i guess. I can't really judge on adaption quality, because of not reading the VN's for any series, but i do know wthere have been numerous seriously quality anime over the years that were VN-sourced.

Stark700 said:
Damn, what a cliffhanger.
Some of the conversational dialogues between the robot and Junker was interesting especially regarding where robots go and what they wish for. Will robots really go to heaven? That's an interesting question I always wondered..
Robots have approximately the equivalent level of consciousness to a microorganism (they lack the macro neural constructs and so on that make up the human imagination; emotions are actually easier to replicate than human inspiration and philosophy). So whether non-humans go where is the question (assuming there is such thing as a heaven).
GenesisAriaJul 29, 2016 7:13 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jul 29, 2016 7:21 AM

May 2009
Misfire... thanks Obama.
Jul 29, 2016 8:34 AM

Nov 2009
Damn robot, her inability to understand the environment change and course of history even when it's shoved right in her face pisses me off.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 29, 2016 9:07 AM
May 2016
I sense death flag, oh please no. Looking forward for the last episode.
Jul 29, 2016 12:30 PM

Jul 2015
I'm not ready for the ending yet.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jul 29, 2016 3:04 PM

Oct 2014
that cliffhanger omg
no
Jul 29, 2016 4:25 PM

May 2015
Damn cliffhanger.... Can't wait for the final episode....

Jul 29, 2016 6:00 PM

Nov 2011
CG said:
Damn robot, her inability to understand the environment change and course of history even when it's shoved right in her face pisses me off.

Well she's a robot unlike other series where the robots are too human or too high tech. This time we got a robot that actually acts like one.

Didn't expect the JoJo studio goes well with Key. I thought only KyoAni can do a proper Key adaptation. Not that I really know since I didn't read the VN.

To VN readers will there be an actual battle next ep or will it be over quickly?
ernstJul 29, 2016 6:05 PM
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jul 29, 2016 7:48 PM

Dec 2013
ernst said:

To VN readers will there be an actual battle next ep or will it be over quickly?

Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Jul 29, 2016 10:00 PM

Nov 2011
Cakedog said:
ernst said:

then how long is next episode gonna be?
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jul 30, 2016 1:02 PM

Jul 2016
My heart is breaking.

Why is this episode so shoooort :( But then this anime works perfectly. All the feels :(

I can't wait for the last episode. This is gonna hurt so much.

That fucking bouquet photo from Episode 5 preview made me teary fuck this :( I don't know anymore

That bouquet is fking beautiful.

Yumemi's innocence is just...amazing. My heaaaaaaart please :( </3
*under construction*
Jul 30, 2016 2:03 PM
Jun 2013
just binged the VN and gotta say, i really like what they've done with their adaptation so far, especially those "in robot" shots, where you look through her eyes and how they are keeping this as close as possible.

Sad last episode is gonna air next week but all good things have to come to an end at some point. :/
Aug 1, 2016 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
Dammit not ready for feels train in final ep. Also didn't know how to react to yumemi's trippi g scene. , ,
Aug 1, 2016 4:54 PM
Dec 2010
There was one thing I didn't like and thought was rushed in this episode, assuming the subtitles accurately matched with the VN translation I read on Steam. They didn't do much to explain the difference between the killbots (actually Menschenjaegers) Junker ran into in the beginning and the Fiddler Crab, and it's going to lessen the impact of the upcoming scene if it's not addressed. I'll spoiler tag to get more specific (and this will lightly hint at Ep. 5):

There's still time to fix that, and it all depends on how they handle the last scene. But if it's left like that it would be a little disappointing to me, given that there are so few plot threads and connections in this story (since it's so short, even in VN form)

That was pretty wordy, but hopefully someone who's read the VN knows what I'm trying to say.
bcruiseAug 1, 2016 6:07 PM
Aug 1, 2016 5:32 PM

Mar 2009
Sad that there's only one episode left of Planetarian. Short but sweet, I guess!

I'm hoping that the ending isn't completely depressing and devastating, but given all the posts in here from the VN readers...
Aug 2, 2016 1:09 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! That was a very cool mech transformation assault mode!
Get ready for feels, cuz for sure it won't be a good outcome for them.
5/5.

Aug 2, 2016 7:36 AM

Dec 2013
Goddamn this show! Keep laying on the feels with each and every episode. I'm pretty damn sure I'm gonna be a mess after next episode.

There's always something about post-apocalyptic desolation that gets to me. Must be a mindset thing.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 3, 2016 6:35 AM

Feb 2015
Akio-kun said:
The ending and the fact that this was made by David Productions was all I need to make a quick video edit of what I thought about it's cliffhanger.

Dayumn d00d dat fit perfectlyyyy
Aug 3, 2016 11:32 PM

Aug 2013
This is certainly one of the best adaptations I've ever seen, the anime is perfectly following the plot of the VN and I like it quite of the animation, but this final ... well, I'm sure I'll be very touched ..
Aug 11, 2016 3:13 PM

Oct 2012
Yoshino is real klutz but I really like her.
Even his dream of future with her was nice... but I feel that's not gonna happen.

Prepare your feels I guess.
Aug 16, 2016 9:11 AM

Nov 2015
She's so cute!! That cliffhanger though.

Sep 28, 2016 9:07 AM

Apr 2015
So far I've given this anime a 7, but that cliffhanger has me convinced this still has a chance to be an 8 if the last episode is as powerful as everyone says it is.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 1, 2016 8:46 AM

May 2012
Damn that ending! Pretty interesting episode and events, looking forward to see what the last episode will have to offer!
Dec 12, 2016 6:02 AM

May 2016
This is the penultimate episode and I've just realized that his MAL DB name "Kuzuya" literally translates to "Junker" because of some dialogue ,_,

Every time she trips, my heart breaks even if she can't feel any pain 💔

Yumemi's little Robot Heaven speech was so touching... Her intentions was so pure that I was moved to tears for a moment. Why can't people be like her? :'/

Sheesh. That old dude got blown up by a liquor landmine! Yumemi just yanked that bottle like it was nobody's business. She's gotta be more careful next time.

Kuzuya wants her to come with him so bad~ I'm surprised at how he envisioned their future together. So sweet!

Misfire?! Goddamn mech looked so badass. I hope Mr. Customer made it out alive in that To Be Continued moment... I guess the last episode's gonna be soul-crushing.

May 26, 2017 10:28 PM

Dec 2012
Yumemi with the smoove dogeza pose.
Clean her face. Please! She must be perfect.
Damn it. Stop exposing Yumemi to all this darkness.
Damn. Dat death.
I'm trying my hardest not to laugh at Yumemi tripping over that bump.
Dat dream. Make it come true.
It misfired?
Dat only my railgun.
NO!!!!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 2, 2017 2:00 AM

Apr 2009
Thinking of taking her with you? Yes it is indeed stupid but what the heck, it's a crapsack world out there.

Hot damn! I don't know about that Fiddler Crab autonomous fire-support mech but it's folding railgun alone is pure awesomeness! XD

You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 3, 2019 10:39 AM

Feb 2018
It seems like their journey to the car is hampered by the existence of robots and heroines who often make mistakes.
Jun 7, 2020 9:41 AM

May 2015
I really like this mecha firing animation :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 2, 2021 8:49 AM

Feb 2020
What a cliffhanger...

So cute. <3
Feb 23, 2022 1:48 PM

Sep 2021
dead body reported
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
Jan 26, 2023 1:46 PM
Apr 2018
I think that robot had the worst earrape sound I have heard. The sound level difference between vocals and robot sfx was too much.
Oct 19, 2023 8:58 PM

Dec 2022
That quadruped robot is one of the coolest I've seen in anime.

Archean-ReturnDec 4, 2023 2:06 PM

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2016

179 by Grilled_Soup »»
Apr 13, 4:26 PM

Poll: » Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

rsc-pl - Jul 20, 2016

100 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 8:32 PM

Poll: » Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

rsc-pl - Jul 13, 2016

79 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 8:09 PM

Poll: » Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2016

178 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 7:49 PM

» Anime vs VN

Cleferest - Aug 4, 2016

14 by MikeWazowskiMiky »»
May 26, 2023 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.