Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 20, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool, I noticed that Illya is still able to maintain good usage of her magical abilities in the parallel world. Good usage of music and I kinda like her battle outfit design too. The battle was alright, they really portrayed Beatrice's personality well imo. Miyu needs a hug D:

Seeing Gil in action was also quite pleasing.

Jul 20, 2016 8:04 AM

Apr 2010
Illya got her self in some nice trouble and she managed to get out of it as well but the question is how will she save Miyu and who fired that arrow?
Seems things will get even more tense from now on.
Another question that remains is what happens to the others and who is Tanaka.
Jul 20, 2016 8:12 AM
Jul 2011
Aversa said:
Illya got her self in some nice trouble and she managed to get out of it as well but the question is how will she save Miyu and who fired that arrow?

It's always a good idea to watch after ending, you see who fired there(although I guess it should be pretty obvious).
Jul 20, 2016 9:04 AM

Apr 2014
Gilgamesh is still the #1 Badass

Looks like the gang is finally coming together next episode

OrangeJPJul 20, 2016 9:08 AM

Jul 20, 2016 9:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I always find it funny how something that started off as a mahou shoujo spinoff series with lolis could become this good lol
Jul 20, 2016 9:26 AM

Aug 2010
That was hype!!!

Beako's craziness was so much fun. Rie had fun XD
Caster Illya's thighs were 10/10
Tanaka's just the strongest tank ever
And Kuro's save was epic!!

Best scene was definitely Gil's smug tho. So much BAness and awesome faces
Jul 20, 2016 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
I still need to get used to the amount of techno put into the score (that was my main concern when TPG were hired for this), hopefully the orchestral cues in the upcoming episodes will be impressive.
Jul 20, 2016 9:48 AM

Aug 2010
Every single thing in this episode was on freaking point. Goddamn, that was freaking amazing. The music in particular was hype. 10/10.

Also, they're taking major cues from ufotable's digital team. The golden particles, the wavey glow, the fog and the smoke were all stright out of a ufo production.

I'm sad they skipped the "People can't fly" joke though, but eh.

This episode ended exactly at the final page of chapter 6. Seems like they're really sticking to 2 chapters per episode, so far.
Jul 20, 2016 10:14 AM
May 2015
astroprogs said:
Every single thing in this episode was on freaking point. Goddamn, that was freaking amazing. The music in particular was hype. 10/10.

Also, they're taking major cues from ufotable's digital team. The golden particles, the wavey glow, the fog and the smoke were all stright out of a ufo production.

I'm sad they skipped the "People can't fly" joke though, but eh.

This episode ended exactly at the final page of chapter 6. Seems like they're really sticking to 2 chapters per episode, so far.

2wei Herz was 2 chapters per episode. Episode 2 of 3rei was 2.5 chapters, and this episode was 3 chapters, so it's not sticking to 2 chapters per episode.
Jul 20, 2016 10:31 AM

Aug 2010
Mado_Mura said:

2wei Herz was 2 chapters per episode. Episode 2 of 3rei was 2.5 chapters, and this episode was 3 chapters, so it's not sticking to 2 chapters per episode.

Hmmm, yeah you're right.
Jul 20, 2016 10:32 AM

Nov 2012
tanaka is becoming more mysterious with each episode, she is even indestructible it seems.
gil was pretty badass there :>
Jul 20, 2016 10:51 AM
Jun 2011
this was epic episode and i glad to see kuro back again
Jul 20, 2016 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
This was an epic episode.

I'm glad to see that Kuro is back again!
Jul 20, 2016 11:00 AM

Aug 2012
Still hitting on all cylinders. That zashu was perfect. And that Kuro sogeki was 10/10
Jul 20, 2016 11:11 AM

Sep 2015
wait, am I stupid or did I just miss something? Why was Ruby just lying there in the "trash pile" covered with something?
Jul 20, 2016 11:16 AM

May 2016
Animation is really good, the expressions so far in 3rei are all pretty awesome with how sinister they are supposed to be.

Still need some time to adjust to the new style of BGM but the show is still very enjoyable.

If Shirou in this universe went toe to toe against those 2 monsters i can't wait to see him in action.. god damn

┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴ ┬┴┬┴┤ʕ•ᴥ├┬┴┬┴
Jul 20, 2016 11:18 AM
Jul 2016
Damn, I didn't feel they rush s*** at all. It was on point and the stuff they skipped was minimal at best. Maybe because the action scene took so much space so they can fit all of these chapter in place.
Jul 20, 2016 11:37 AM

Apr 2010
Fleckens said:
Aversa said:

It's always a good idea to watch after ending, you see who fired there(although I guess it should be pretty obvious).
I didn't have much time and forget to watch it normally i skip the ED to watch it.
I read the manga so i know who fired it but wanted to keep up a bit of a pretence for the users that who didn't read the manga.
You won't get any spoilers from me.
zhaoyun99 said:
Damn, I didn't feel they rush s*** at all. It was on point and the stuff they skipped was minimal at best. Maybe because the action scene took so much space so they can fit all of these chapter in place.
The mana currently has 42 chapters out, or translated at least.
There is no way they could animate them all in 12-13 episode without rushing even if you take a second cour into account you will still have to do some rushing.
AversaJul 20, 2016 11:41 AM
Jul 20, 2016 11:39 AM

Nov 2014
Caster vs Berserker and Gil vs Gil.
Poor Tanaka-san

Hi there
Jul 20, 2016 11:43 AM

Dec 2015
and there is the Gil that I love.
Jul 20, 2016 11:44 AM
Jul 2016
Aversa said:
Fleckens said:

I didn't have much time and forget to watch it normally i skip the ED to watch it.
I read the manga so i know who fired it but wanted to keep up a bit of a pretence for the users that who didn't read the manga.
You won't get any spoilers from me.
zhaoyun99 said:
The mana currently has 42 chapters out, or translated at least.
There is no way they could animate them all in 12-13 episode without rushing even if you take a second cour into account you will still have to do some rushing.

I already read the manga so I knew about it. It seemed it didn't remove that much and all of the key fighting scenes were there.
Jul 20, 2016 11:46 AM

Mar 2015
Salokannel2 said:
wait, am I stupid or did I just miss something? Why was Ruby just lying there in the "trash pile" covered with something?

Just a simple Deus Ex Machina
Jul 20, 2016 11:47 AM

Sep 2015
MightyM16 said:
Salokannel2 said:

lol okay. Then I'm fine with it, anime can have anime logic. I was just truly curious if I missed something x)
Jul 20, 2016 11:56 AM

May 2016
Salokannel2 said:
MightyM16 said:

lol okay. Then I'm fine with it, anime can have anime logic. I was just truly curious if I missed something x)

That's my only gripe with the episode too heh, I guess 3rei is more focused on pushing out the fight scenes so hopefully there's explanation for what's going on later on. Like with Tanaka's indestructibility.

(non 3rei manga reader here, forcing myself back)
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴ ┬┴┬┴┤ʕ•ᴥ├┬┴┬┴
Jul 20, 2016 11:57 AM

Sep 2015
Lukiose said:
Salokannel2 said:

That's my only gripe with the episode too heh, I guess 3rei is more focused on pushing out the fight scenes so hopefully there's explanation for what's going on later on. Like with Tanaka's indestructibility.

Yeah. Tanaka is probably more durable than Saitama.. xD
Jul 20, 2016 11:58 AM

Jul 2007
Poor caster. Even in superior adaptation your hype and backstory is removed :[
At least in this case it makes sense in order to adapt stuff at this pacing. Still bitter that one of best characters does not get her hype.
ANd without it this clash between two monsters from Age of Gods loses quite a bit of the hype. The fact that Beatrice easily defeated one of THE strongest magus heroic spirits is lost upon the viewers. :[

Onto good things:
Holy shit was everything else on point. Gil's Gil-like lines were PERFECT and shows the difference between the friendly face he had and his true self of Gilgamesh.

Now let's see if they slow down for the more talky things next episodes because this pacing will not work there.

Salokannel2 said:

They explained it this episode - Ainsworths collect mystic codes. Ruby is a mystic code that was used to defeat shadow gilgamesh. Obviously they would take it with themselves. ANd obviously it would refuse to cooperate and thus be thrown into the trash pile guarded by Beatrice.

Don't mind the circlejerk hellbent on hating on this show.
AhenshihaelJul 20, 2016 12:07 PM
Jul 20, 2016 12:08 PM

Mar 2015
Salokannel2 said:
Lukiose said:

Yeah. Tanaka is probably more durable than Saitama.. xD

Oh there is an explanation for that, you'll see

Fai said:

They explained it this episode - Ainsworths collect mystic codes. Ruby is a mystic code that was used to defeat shadow gilgamesh. Obviously they would take it with themselves. ANd obviously it would refuse to cooperate and thus be thrown into the trash pile guarded by Beatrice.

Don't mind the circlejerk hellbent on hating on this show.

Awfully convenient that she managed to find Ruby the way she did in that enormous pile of weapons isn't?

There is no way this isn't a Deus Ex Machina, just accept and move on
Jul 20, 2016 12:14 PM

Jul 2007
MightyM16 said:

Awfully convenient that she managed to find Ruby the way she did in that enormous pile of weapons isn't?

Since its illya no its not. The odds that Illya a being made for magic would instinctively grab the magical item that is the most compatible with her in that room is quite high.

Just because you want to hate it does not make it deus ex machina.
AhenshihaelJul 20, 2016 12:29 PM
Jul 20, 2016 12:18 PM

Apr 2015

gil stop mocking yourself, its hilarious and yet bad ass at the same time lmao.
loved this episode.
Jul 20, 2016 12:28 PM

Jul 2015
The mongrel calling is back! I love Gil-kun! Im also hyped af now that Kuro made it to this dimension
Jul 20, 2016 12:29 PM

Mar 2015
Fai said:
MightyM16 said:

Since its illya no its not.

I never said I hate it, I just recognize it as the Deus ex Machina it is, it didn't really affect my enjoyment of the episode or anything like that because it isn't that big of a deal

However if you want to lie to yourself with this pitful excuse "b-but it's because it's Illya..." then be my guest
Jul 20, 2016 12:32 PM

Jul 2015
Fai said:
MightyM16 said:

Since its illya no its not.

She was gonna find Ruby anyway so its not like its deus ex machina. If it was the finale and she was about to get killed and Ruby randomly flew towards her, that's a differently story. She had to find Ruby someway, somehow. She wasn't gonna stay powerless for more than a quarter of the show lol
Jul 20, 2016 12:35 PM

Oct 2014
Quite nice, SL has been doing a really nice job this Seasom so far.
The only thing i didn't like was the OST this ep, as i expected something else, but that's a matter of taste. That, and and the Medea install scene made me lol xD

MightyM16 said:

There is no way this isn't a Deus Ex Machina, just accept and move on

There is a difference between Deus Ex Machina and convenient, just saying.

Anyway, get hyped, 3rei 43 should be coming out any time next week :D
Jul 20, 2016 12:38 PM

Mar 2015
Shrimperor said:

Deus Ex Machina - "a character or thing that suddenly enters the story in a novel, play, movie, etc., and solves a problem that had previously seemed impossible to solve"

It seems to fit the situation in question quite fine tbh
Jul 20, 2016 12:40 PM

Apr 2015
They probably just could have used her connection with the staff as the reason she found it. I wouldn't be surprised if ruby slowly got closer to her anyway. (It would fit in rubys character to leave it to the last second too.) But they didn't use that, they just let it happen by chance. I think its just a magical girl hope thing they tried. *shrug*
Jul 20, 2016 12:45 PM

Oct 2014
MightyM16 said:
Shrimperor said:

Deus Ex Machina - "a character or thing that suddenly enters the story in a novel, play, movie, etc., and solves a problem that had previously seemed impossible to solve"

except that Ruby didn't suddenly enter the story and has been there since ep1 of e1ns.
Jul 20, 2016 12:48 PM

Jul 2007
EmphaticPikachu said:
They probably just could have used her connection with the staff as the reason she found it. I wouldn't be surprised if ruby slowly got closer to her anyway. (It would fit in rubys character to leave it to the last second too.) But they didn't use that, they just let it happen by chance. I think its just a magical girl hope thing they tried. *shrug*

Already explained that it is exactly that - a magical vessel created for magic intuitively picking up a magical item she is very much compatible with.

It has nothing to do with "hope". Everything in Nasuverse is stats.
Jul 20, 2016 12:50 PM

Oct 2014
Also, here is the page from the Manga considering Ruby, may it help some gais here more, even tough it was already said they were collecting magical items.
ShrimperorJul 20, 2016 1:45 PM
Jul 20, 2016 12:50 PM

Mar 2015
Shrimperor said:
MightyM16 said:

except that Ruby didn't suddenly enter the story and has been there since ep1 of e1ns.

She suddenly appeared in that fight and resolved the problem of Illya's uselessness, a Deus Ex Machina isn't restricted to a completely new character that appear out of nowhere

Really, no need to get defensive about it, it's a Deus Ex Machina but so what? 3rei isn't perfect but it's pretty good, it's not a mistake like this that''s going to make it bad

Fai said:

Already explained that it is exactly that - a magical vessel created for magic intuitively picking up a magical item she is very much compatible with.

It has nothing to do with "hope". Everything in Nasuverse is stats.

Nice headcanon, Fai
MightyM16Jul 20, 2016 12:56 PM
Jul 20, 2016 12:55 PM

Jul 2007
Shrimperor said:
Also, here is the page from the Manga considering Ruby, may it help some gais here more, even tough it was already said they were collecting magical items.

They literally spelled out why it would be there.

There's no need to spell out why Illya would pick it up tho.
Jul 20, 2016 1:13 PM

Feb 2015
DAMN Gil is badass in this episode. Sasuga Gil~~ "Morgel!!!"
and DAMN illya is so freaking badass when she used caster card. but other than that, holy shit that berserk card. that hammer, i never thought it was mjolnir. and i think that was badass too. seriously, i didn't think it was mjolnir xD

and finally at the end, Kuro and the other one finally arrived xD although i need an explanation with how they teleported themselve into that world not like ruby who just suddenly appeared. and i'm starting to get worried about the animation. they used some CG in some action scene even tho it's not really that important. but i'm still worried about the animation and the budget. hope they never use it again.

looking foward for the next episode.

Edit: Tanaka. who the hell is she ?!
YizelTroJul 20, 2016 1:53 PM
Jul 20, 2016 1:29 PM

Feb 2013
Tanaka is amazing, I wonder what kind of power she has when she attacks.
Gilgamesh was great too.
Jul 20, 2016 1:44 PM
Jun 2011
Fai said:
Shrimperor said:

They literally spelled out why it would be there.

There's no need to spell out why Illya would pick it up tho.
fai please answer my question i was sent you in messege
Jul 20, 2016 1:55 PM
Feb 2016
This was a fun anime now it's just making me mad, it's also becoming predictable (I bet those exploding arrows were fired by Kuro), where is my fan-service, where is my yuri, where are my epic fights and the friendship that made this series so great?

Let's make ameri... I mean, "this" great again.

But that Gil fight was cool and I also kind of like Illya's fight even though it was one sided so that a plus, right?
Jul 20, 2016 1:59 PM
May 2015
_Kazuma-Kun said:
(I bet those exploding arrows were fired by Kuro)

It's literally shown after the ending.
Jul 20, 2016 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was fucking amazing, aside from the CGI which was actually... pretty weird to put it there (of course Im not saying the CGI is bad but it was just weird) This was actually intense as fuck and rather entertaining as well.

I will say though, they adapted a few more chapters and it didn't felt rushed at all. Like holy fucking damn man.
Jul 20, 2016 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
_Kazuma-Kun said:
This was a fun anime now it's just making me mad, it's also becoming predictable (I bet those exploding arrows were fired by Kuro), where is my fan-service, where is my yuri, where are my epic fights and the friendship that made this series so great?

But that Gil fight was cool and I also kind of like Illya's fight even though it was one sided so that a plus, right?

Eh you do realize that this is the arc where the series throws away the Yuri Undertones aside like a fucking baseball player hitting a ball and making a homerun, right?
Jul 20, 2016 2:14 PM

Jul 2007
_Kazuma-Kun said:
where is my fan-service, where is my yuri, where are my epic fights and the friendship that made this series so great?

It never was focus of prillya and will never be focus of prillya.

That's like saying sex is focus of FSN just because it had a few sex scenes there and here.
Jul 20, 2016 2:17 PM

Apr 2010
TheLittleRedHero said:
_Kazuma-Kun said:

Eh you do realize that this is the arc where the series throws away the Yuri Undertones aside like a fucking baseball player hitting a ball and making a homerun, right?

Yep, they sure do.
Jul 20, 2016 2:18 PM

Dec 2015
Great battles and Tanaka’s fanservice too :D
Hopefully Kuro-chan needs some mana xD
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

255 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 7, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2016

68 by The_Void_State_ »»
Mar 9, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2016

101 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2016

85 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.