Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2010 6:48 AM
Oct 2009
Just saw this movie. Mediocre all around. Pacing, build up, transition, character development and good story telling, what's that? the movie had pretty much non of it. Sure the movie had somewhat good animation and music but everything else was just bad.

Deen could have done better. Movie 4/10

Here's hoping any other Fate/Stay/Type Moon work isn't adapted by Deen.
Oct 9, 2010 9:53 AM

Feb 2010
Cashdaxxx said:
WildKaiser said:
LOL @ the incredible amount of people who are upset. You actually expected incredible plot from ONE movie?

Having read the VN, this movie was SUPERB because I was looking forward to see all the cool fight scenes! You want plot, go read the VN again.

And LOL @ one guy saying those that enjoy the movie are 8 years old. Comparing the VN to this movie is downright stupid. OF COURSE the VN is better! I feel this movie is for those that read and enjoyed the VN.

I enjoyed the movie...does that mean I'm an 8 year old??

I'm mature enough to understand why they cut and replace some of the scenes...stupid?? make your own movie then

I think WildKaiser clearly said someone else said "those that enjoy the movie are 8 years old"..not he himself. Read someone's comments carefully before typing out your reactions/thoughts ^^

*Edit: Actually, I may take back my comment depending on what he exactly means by this: "LOL @ one guy saying those that enjoy the movie are 8 years old"..Is Wildkaiser saying that people who enjoyed watching the movie are 8 years old or is he laughing at the fact that someone said that
sallym613Oct 9, 2010 6:26 PM
Oct 9, 2010 10:18 AM

Jul 2010
if u want in-depth plot, read the Fate/Stay Night manga. It's following the UBW storyline. The movie is basically just an action fest. Plot is almost non-existent.
Oct 9, 2010 10:25 AM
Dec 2007
The production values were absolutely spectacular. Everything, from music to art, animation, lightning effects, CGI etc... was incredibly impressive and among the best I've seen in an animated feature in the pas year except for The Sky Crawlers and Eva 2.0 maybe. On the dark side, the story was really rushed, especially the first half, and the movie is absolutely impossible to understand for someone who hasn't watched the series or played the games. Anyway, the quality of the battles and develoment near the end were totally worth the watch so I put a good 9/10 there.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 9, 2010 11:01 AM

Feb 2009
Euzio said:
if u want in-depth plot, read the Fate/Stay Night manga. It's following the UBW storyline. The movie is basically just an action fest. Plot is almost non-existent.
You do realize that the manga is based on the VN, with some differences. So go directly to the source and read the VN. It's more detailed in the plot than the manga. Plus there's the HCG ;D
Oct 9, 2010 1:29 PM

Apr 2010
OK folks, I just showed this movie to a friend of mine. This friend has NEVER heard of Fate Stay Night. Hell, my friend doesn't even know what a visual novel is.

He LOVED IT. Unhesitant in giving it a 10/10. So there. You don't need to know all the nooks and crannies of the Fate Stay Night universe to have a good time with this. Hell, in this case, I would definitely say ignorance is bliss, since he's not bothering to nitpick all the ways it's different from the VN.
Oct 9, 2010 2:56 PM
Jan 2010
What a disappointment the series was much better. 4/10
Oct 9, 2010 3:25 PM

Jun 2010
AICW said:
OK folks, I just showed this movie to a friend of mine. This friend has NEVER heard of Fate Stay Night. Hell, my friend doesn't even know what a visual novel is.

He LOVED IT. Unhesitant in giving it a 10/10. So there. You don't need to know all the nooks and crannies of the Fate Stay Night universe to have a good time with this. Hell, in this case, I would definitely say ignorance is bliss, since he's not bothering to nitpick all the ways it's different from the VN.

Really goes to show you that all opinions are subjective, if i were to hazard a guess i'd say that that what he liked was the fight scenes.

Zero-11 said:

However some peoples opinions can be absolutely insane =X

It won't give up it wants me dead god damn this noise inside my head
Oct 9, 2010 4:48 PM

May 2009
Zero-11 said:
Lulwut. Even with the fast pacing and little character development, it was still many times better than the series in my opinion.
stAtic91Oct 9, 2010 6:21 PM
Oct 9, 2010 5:04 PM

Sep 2007
I've watched it and I've liked it. A LOT. Both the series and this movie are a MUST WATCH for me.
10/10

Oh, and does somebody know the title of the track that begins at minute 4:17~? I've looked everywhere but still can't find it >_<
LeticiaOct 9, 2010 5:48 PM

Oct 9, 2010 5:55 PM
Feb 2009
Leticia said:
Oh, and does somebody know the title of the track that begins at minute 4:17~? I've looked everywhere but still can't find it >_<

Unmei no Yoru -UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS-
Oct 9, 2010 6:02 PM

Sep 2007
Yes! It's that one, I love it! Thanks a lot n.n

Oct 9, 2010 6:38 PM
Jun 2008
I am sleepy while watching..... I prefer the slowly build tension in the original series, this is boring.I would be more happy if they cut off some fight scene.
Oct 9, 2010 8:15 PM

Dec 2007

And I'd like to notice that they pretty much fail at action too, since the only fight that was actually made epic was the last Shirou vs Archer fight, something which I noticed only now after arriving at Lancer vs Archer battle outside the church during my replay of an actual UBW route...

Well I guess it's my fault for expecting people to have any standards, what with the latest ZERO GRAVITY! boobs anime spree and crap that comes out in the west as well...

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Oct 9, 2010 10:09 PM
Mar 2009
I've seen the anime but haven't played the game so I might be missing out on some stuff. But I have a ton of questions:
-How did Shiro get strong enough to the point that he can defeat Archer?
-How did Tohsaka get strong enough to fight on a par with Caster?
-Why did Kirei tell Lancer to protect Tohsaka when he just plans on killing her as soon as he shows up?
-What did Caster do to Saber? (looked like some kind of sexual torture)
-How did Kirei survive being killed by Caster?
-What's with the stripping when Tohsaka gave Shiro the command seals?
-What is the holy grail?
Oct 9, 2010 10:56 PM
Feb 2009
Spathis said:
-What is the holy grail?

Was going to answer your questions seriously until I saw this. Nice one.
Oct 9, 2010 11:00 PM

Sep 2008
You could have still answered it, because it didn't exactly explain why the Holy Grail was a giant lump of flesh.
Oct 9, 2010 11:37 PM
Feb 2009
ebsixtynine said:
You could have still answered it, because it didn't exactly explain why the Holy Grail was a giant lump of flesh.

Holy grail was a lump of flesh because Shinji was an inadequate vessel for the ritual.
Oct 9, 2010 11:44 PM
Jun 2008
YennoX said:
ebsixtynine said:

Holy grail was a lump of flesh because Shinji was an inadequate vessel for the ritual.
should have just died.
Oct 10, 2010 1:50 AM

May 2007
Nice to see the good ol' fate/stay night again.
All I could ask for is MORE MORE MORE !

Oct 10, 2010 2:56 AM
Sep 2010
All the people who are saying stuff like "this movie is a piece of s**t, nothing compared to the VN", all I got to say is it's a dam movie not a freaking book alright? So many of you guys are complaining how they failed to put a "several hour" to read novel into a 1:45 movie. Of course you can't get everything in, but it doesn't mean it can't be good right? No crap it's going to have to be compressed, I think the major population would get bored watching a movie that is 7 hours long with 5 hours of it being just dialogue. I mean if you want a pure 100% adaption of the VN, go complain to DEEN or something. It's like dealing with Harry Potter fanatics here, and most of them just complain how bad the movies are compared to the books and the endless amounts of details they skipped in the movies.

my 2 cents that no one would care about. I feel I'm about to be bashed on by all the VN fans out there.
Oct 10, 2010 3:42 AM
Feb 2009
>So many of you guys are complaining how they failed to put a "several hour" to read novel into a 1:45 movie.

Too bad your analogy is shit because Harry Potter films had a longer duration than UBW film, and the original novels were shorter than the UBW route.

>It's like dealing with Harry Potter fanatics here, and most of them just complain how bad the movies are compared to the books and the endless amounts of details they skipped in the movies.

At least the Harry Potter movies made sense. How about you fuck off?
Oct 10, 2010 4:59 AM

Oct 2007
the movie is ok, just eyecandy for those who played the VN and wanted to see the fights animated, nothing more, nothing less...
Oct 10, 2010 5:22 AM

Jun 2009
Enjoyed the movie. All can I say is... poor Ilya.
Oct 10, 2010 6:43 AM

Jun 2008
I enjoyed it really much.
I knew it was going to be rushed up and compressed.
But I loved it any way, after all I'm FSN #1 fan around xD
I can just say that I still want more, hopefully HF will be animated since it's my fav route, ofc I would want it in 2 1:40 movies or at least 6 30' ovas, and another problem is that it must not be censored in order to have sense.
But with all the changes in today's censoring I don't think that will be a problem anymore.
Just wait for an animation ^^

BTW, I'll love to see FHA & Fate/Zero too xD
Oct 10, 2010 7:24 AM

Feb 2010
YennoX said:
>So many of you guys are complaining how they failed to put a "several hour" to read novel into a 1:45 movie.

Too bad your analogy is shit because Harry Potter films had a longer duration than UBW film, and the original novels were shorter than the UBW route.

>It's like dealing with Harry Potter fanatics here, and most of them just complain how bad the movies are compared to the books and the endless amounts of details they skipped in the movies.

At least the Harry Potter movies made sense. How about you fuck off?

are u stupid? does every movie hav to last 3 hours like harry potter which is childhood crap and especially since anime is losing money you'd think they want to double their budget so you can stop complaining on the internet while watching for free? menace to anime society is what you are
Oct 10, 2010 7:51 AM

Sep 2008
Spathis said:
I've seen the anime but haven't played the game so I might be missing out on some stuff. But I have a ton of questions:

This is literally the single most BULLSHIT moment in the movie. Not only because it's, as you probably think, impossible, but because it ruins what actually happens to both Shirou and Archer. It's not about strength, it's because, in the VN, Archer gets amazed by Shirou's perceverance in his pursuit for his ideals. THIS is what made me dissappointed in the movie. They couldn't even respect this, despite raping any semblance of storytelling. (Edit: For whatever it's worth, Archer was at barely 10? % of his strength in that fight, theoretically, so that's why Shirou could stand up to him as a normal person. Still should've been nowhere near enough to actually OVERPOWER Archer).

checkdafool said:
are u stupid? does every movie hav to last 3 hours like harry potter which is childhood crap and especially since anime is losing money you'd think they want to double their budget so you can stop complaining on the internet while watching for free? menace to anime society is what you are

So shit storytelling is ok because there's no money? There's a lot of things they could've done to improve this, from shortening fights for more exposition, stretching the budget they had to make it a little longer, instead of using it all in fights, to cutting and merging storylines and events for it to make sense.

And oh boy, look at the internet tough guy. It's not like we're in a forum dedicated to complaining on the internet while watching for free or anything.
EmmanuelVROct 10, 2010 8:00 AM
Oct 10, 2010 8:46 AM

Jun 2010
EmmanuelVR said:
Spathis said:

This is literally the single most BULLSHIT moment in the movie. Not only because it's, as you probably think, impossible, but because it ruins what actually happens to both Shirou and Archer. It's not about strength, it's because, in the VN, Archer gets amazed by Shirou's perceverance in his pursuit for his ideals. THIS is what made me dissappointed in the movie. They couldn't even respect this, despite raping any semblance of storytelling. (Edit: For whatever it's worth, Archer was at barely 10? % of his strength in that fight, theoretically, so that's why Shirou could stand up to him as a normal person. Still should've been nowhere near enough to actually OVERPOWER Archer).

I really don't think they need to spell it out for some people to get it, also you make it as if they let on that he beat him JUST because he was stronger.

EmmanuelVR said:
So shit storytelling is ok because there's no money? There's a lot of things they could've done to improve this, from shortening fights for more exposition, stretching the budget they had to make it a little longer, instead of using it all in fights, to cutting and merging storylines and events for it to make sense.

So you want them to make a mediocre quality movie just to squeeze a little more of the story in? For some reason i don't much like the sound of that idea. Also making some fights shorter? Some of them are short enough as it is and the ones that were longer deserved to be. As I have said before, any changes would just be small nit picking that would not amount to much unless they were to make it twice as long as they did in which case it would take a massive quality drop.

Oct 10, 2010 8:55 AM
Mar 2009
Spathis said:
-Why did Kirei tell Lancer to protect Tohsaka when he just plans on killing her as soon as he shows up?

Bump
Oct 10, 2010 9:04 AM

Sep 2008
chainermike said:
So you want them to make a mediocre quality movie just to squeeze a little more of the story in? For some reason i don't much like the sound of that idea.

Well, I guess here we have the problem. Difference of standards. For me, story and characters > eye candy. I can live with mediocre production values if the story is good, but I definitely can't say I enjoy pretty fights with a shittily done narrative.
I can't say I respect your opinion, since it's pretty shallow as fuck, but I'll try to respect the opinionate as everyone has different tastes in entertainment.
Oct 10, 2010 9:12 AM
Jan 2010
I enjoyed it. That's all I've got to say.
Oct 10, 2010 9:16 AM

Jun 2010
Spathis said:
Spathis said:

Bump

I'll try to answer as much as i can but it has been a few months since i last read so VN so someone corect me if I'm wrong:
1. Her plan was to nullify Casters attacks for a while to trick her into thinking it was a battle between magic users, then run in there and engage in melee combat (she went over this with shirou before the fight, telling him to keep Soichiro busy since he was alot better at hand to hand)
2. At first he was planned that Rin would be the vessel for the holy grail, when they were running low on time however they decided to use shinji instead.
3. She was trying to break her will to resist the command seal.
4. That was never fully explained iirc, just that Kiriei is a pain in the ass to kill.
5. In the VN they had sex to do the seal thing, i guess they just wanted to keep it somewhat close to the original without making it too mature :P
chainermikeOct 10, 2010 11:46 AM

Oct 10, 2010 9:30 AM

Feb 2009
1. Rin was using all her gems there that contains magic. But that's not really on par. It just looks like it. Caster is more powerful than Rin.
2. Kotomine wants Rin to survive until the end of the war so he can use her as the vessel for the Grail. Only at the end of the war can the Grail be summoned so he wants her to live until then. Unfortunately, he died...
3. Saber is resisting Caster's command spells so she's in pain. And Caster just wants to dress Saber like that XD
4. Because that's not Kirei? Maybe it was just an illusion by Kirei.
5. HCG. Read the VN for more details ;)
Oct 10, 2010 2:19 PM

May 2009
I wasn't a big fan of the TV series, but I can't believe this was even worse than that. I understand that the VN is much better, but why would I want to read/play it when I dislike the anime?
Oct 10, 2010 3:05 PM

Feb 2010
checkdafool said:

The words that I bolded...I totally agree. I myself admit that I always watch my anime online, never buy the anime just simply because I can't stand dubbed at all (and I don't know if they will ever have subbed animes)...and I'm already trying to spend a little $$ on mangas to support my favorite manga authors. If they ever sell my favorite animes in subbed, there is a small chance that I will buy it.

But anyways technically, the fact that we're watching all of these animes online without paying a single cent is kinda..."illegal" or shall we say detrimental to the anime industry >_> The fact that people are still complaining about every little thing (critique is definitely okay but..) even though they're watching it for free is just...pathetic.

I certainly saw a lot of flaws with this movie but I don't totally regret watching it..and I wouldn't try to complain too much & say crap about the producers and all. It certainly isnt easy cramming everything in that short amt. of time and a certain budget they must follow. And also...dont act like you know everything ESPECIALLY if you have no hands-on experience w/ directing, script, movie-telling, etc. It will probably give you a new perspective about how movies are made if you actually have that experience.

Even if DEEN decided to improve this movie in some way or another (based on people's critique on what they should have added or removed), I can certainly bet that there will be at least a few of you who will still complain (like they are in these forums) and talk crap about the movie anyways.

So, if you guys don't like the movie, just move on and pour your sorrows & frustration into watching another anime..or do something productive outside virtual/computer life. Not everyone can be pleased anyways.

viral_hun said:
I wasn't a big fan of the TV series, but I can't believe this was even worse than that. I understand that the VN is much better, but why would I want to read/play it when I dislike the anime?

Lol...I've heard from tons of fans that the VN is certainly (like you said) much better. What is it about the anime that you dislike? The storywise? the pace? the characters?
The reasoning/logic you use isnt "good" (dont know how else to say it) because it's kind of like someone saying to you that they don't want to read your favorite book just because the movie adaptation or tv series of it sucks. Original (almost always) > Adaptation
Oct 10, 2010 3:15 PM

Jan 2010
chainermike said:
Spathis said:
Spathis said:

Bump

I'll try to answer as much as i can but it has been a few months since i last read so VN so someone corect me if I'm wrong:
1. Her plan was to nullify Casters attacks for a while to trick her into thinking it was a battle between magic users, then run in there and engage in melee combat (she went over this with shirou before the fight, telling him to keep Soichiro busy since he was alot better at hand to hand)
2. At first he was planned that Rin would be the vessel for the holy grail, when they were running low on time however they decided to use shinji instead.
3. She was trying to break her will to resist the command seal.
4. That was never fully explained iirc, just that Kiriei is a pain in the ass to kill.
5. In the VN they had sex to do the seal thing, i guess they just wanted to keep it somewhat close to the original without making it too mature :P

4.They gloss over this in Heaven's Feel, but if you remember from the anime series, Kiritusugu (shirous father) discovered something had tainted the holy grail and immediately had Saber destroy it, causing a huge explosion. From the TV series you hear Gilgamesh and Kirei blab on about the 'mud' from the grail, and how it 'showered' them when he destoryed the grail--basically this leaked 'evil' substance caused the explosion or rather, immolation, of the town shirou lived in. Kirei survived because he was not a 'good natured' person and thus the 'mud' turned him into something like undead instead of consuming him.
^^^^
This probably falls under the category of him being 'hard to kill' with the exception of being piereced by Lancer's lance of 'no healing your wounds' (as evident in this movie) .

Gilgamesh persists even though his last war is over because of this 'showering' of the evil grail mud. (This is akin to them referring about how your servant can wish for a 'new life' from the holy grail.)

Lastly, this 'evil mud' (which is actually caused from the taint of an evil servant being taken in by the grail from the very early holy grail wars, ((and from then on it was tained)), allowing the summons of 'dark' natured servants (rider), only discussed in the novel) can be attested to, because when Rin is taking Shinji out of the grail she tells Saber not to touch the water, because its the sinful curse of the grail that will consume anyone with an alignment higher than 'neutral' (anyone good, ie, saber, shirou).
Oct 10, 2010 3:26 PM

Feb 2010
dawnknight said:

Lastly, this 'evil mud' (which is actually caused from the taint of an evil servant being taken in by the grail from the very early holy grail wars, ((and from then on it was tained)), allowing the summons of 'dark' natured servants (rider), only discussed in the novel) can be attested to, because when Rin is taking Shinji out of the grail she tells Saber not to touch the water, because its the sinful curse of the grail that will consume anyone with an alignment higher than 'neutral' (anyone good, ie, saber, shirou).

In response to the bolded part, don't you mean the servant class of "assassin"? I remember reading these facts you just posted recently from a website that tells why the Holy Grail is what it is right now (in the 5th [correct me anyone if I'm wrong on the number] Holy Grail War). I am very sure it's the assassin class because they didn't have it back in the 1st and also 2nd Holy Grail War (the 2nd one I'm not too sure about)
Oct 10, 2010 3:31 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
This was pretty enjoyable. Animation was really nice, especially in the beginning. Beautiful colors. Only Gilgamesh at the end looked a bit crude.

Unfortunately there was also no resolution with Saber. I didn't mind that it was slightly rushed until the middle since that's inevitable. A good watch. 8/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 10, 2010 3:45 PM

Feb 2010
cyruz said:
Only Gilgamesh at the end looked a bit crude.

Erm..which part? :0 The part where he got shot in the head with Archer's arrow? or the part before that?
Oct 10, 2010 4:23 PM

Sep 2008
sallym613 said:

In response to the bolded part, don't you mean the servant class of "assassin"? I remember reading these facts you just posted recently from a website that tells why the Holy Grail is what it is right now (in the 5th [correct me anyone if I'm wrong on the number] Holy Grail War). I am very sure it's the assassin class because they didn't have it back in the 1st and also 2nd Holy Grail War (the 2nd one I'm not too sure about)

He means it allows summoning not only heroes/Heroic Spirits, but special beings in general, from heroes from the throne to evil beings [Anti-heroes] (Non-heroes in the VN/anime: Rider, True Assassin, Fake Assassin, Caster (I think), and Avenger (which is the class you're actually talking about not being in the first and second HW.).)
EmmanuelVROct 10, 2010 4:27 PM
Oct 10, 2010 4:42 PM

Feb 2010
EmmanuelVR said:
sallym613 said:

He means it allows summoning not only heroes/Heroic Spirits, but special beings in general, from heroes from the throne to evil beings [Anti-heroes] (Non-heroes in the VN/anime: Rider, True Assassin, Fake Assassin, Caster (I think), and Avenger (which is the class you're actually talking about not being in the first and second HW.).)

Oh okay. That really clears things up then. My mistake ^^; And for Caster, I think if you know the story behind Medea, you would definitely say that she is not considered to be a heroic figure lol. Lots of messed up stuff she did according to the myths.

Though remind me who Avenger exactly is again (this name sounds familiar)?
Oct 10, 2010 5:00 PM

Sep 2010
sallym613 said:
Oh okay. That really clears things up then. My mistake ^^; And for Caster, I think if you know the story behind Medea, you would definitely say that she is not considered to be a heroic figure lol. Lots of messed up stuff she did according to the myths.

Avenger(Angra Mainyu) was the eighth servant class that was first summoned in the third holy grail war and essentially polluted the holy grail.
Oct 10, 2010 5:12 PM

Feb 2010
Birix2 said:
sallym613 said:

Avenger(Angra Mainyu) was the eighth servant class that was first summoned in the third holy grail war and essentially polluted the holy grail.

Oh okay. Hmm..care to explain the attributes of this avenger class? Or you could always post a website that explains the class and let it explain it all to me to save up your time? xD
Oct 10, 2010 5:19 PM

Sep 2010
sallym613 said:
Birix2 said:
sallym613 said:

Oh okay. Hmm..care to explain the attributes of this avenger class? Or you could always post a website that explains the class and let it explain it all to me to save up your time? xD

Well, I only know this knowledge from playing the Heavens Feel route of the F/SN VN, and he barely appears there, but I know he's in the sequel, Hollow Ataraxia a lot more, here, I haven't read this though as I don't want any spoilers but seems to be a lot of info there :x
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Avenger_(Fate/hollow_ataraxia)
Oct 10, 2010 5:24 PM

Feb 2010
Birix2 said:
Well, I only know this knowledge from playing the Heavens Feel route of the F/SN VN, and he barely appears there, but I know he's in the sequel, Hollow Ataraxia a lot more, here, I haven't read this though as I don't want any spoilers but seems to be a lot of info there :x
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Avenger_(Fate/hollow_ataraxia)

Haha okay thanks :)

O crap...that's how the Avenger looks like? LOL omg...I had one of the Fate/Stay night pictures (which I had for a very long time), and I thought Avenger was just someone's weird fanart version of Ilya's Berserker X_x (dont ask why I thought that in the first place because I don't even know myself)

He looks cool with his red bandana though.
sallym613Oct 10, 2010 5:33 PM
Oct 10, 2010 7:21 PM

Nov 2009
Hated it for what happened to Ilya
Oct 10, 2010 8:08 PM

Apr 2010

1. -How did Shiro get strong enough to the point that he can defeat Archer?
2. -How did Tohsaka get strong enough to fight on a par with Caster?
3. -Why did Kirei tell Lancer to protect Tohsaka when he just plans on killing her as soon as he shows up?
4. -What did Caster do to Saber? (looked like some kind of sexual torture)
5. -How did Kirei survive being killed by Caster?
6. -What's with the stripping when Tohsaka gave Shiro the command seals?
7. -What is the holy grail?

1. I thought it was pretty clear: Archer threw the fight. Gilgamesh even commented on it when he was fighting Shirou, "If this is all you've got, Archer should've been the one who lived." That told me right then and there Archer lost on purpose.
2. Those gems must really be something.
3. Seems he just wanted the personal satisfaction of killing her himself.
4. Yeah, you got it... I thought it was pretty obvious it was sexual torture when she oh-so-slowly caressed Saber's spine like that. I guess Caster likes girls too, though it should be clear she's hot for her Master. Like, really hot for him.
5. Dude's awesome like that.
6. Sex scene edited out.
7. Crazy-ass magical device that is supposed to grant wishes but is simply a giant container for evil mud that BLOWS STUFF UP, SETS THINGS ON FIRE, AND CORRUPTS LIVING CREATURE!!! YEAAAHHHHHHH!!!

A-hem.

OK, now, I have my own questions.

1. How did the Grail return for the 5th War?
The anime made it clear that Saber and/or Kiritsugu terminated it in the 4th. Is it basically indestructible, and does that mean there'll be a 6th War unless someone does something to prevent it?

2. Why did the 5th War start only 10 years after the 4th? That seems way too soon, and the way people are talking, the 3rd War happened a long time ago, same with the 1st and 2nd.

3. Is it possible for a Grail War to take place in Germany? Since the Einzberns are the only non-Japanese family of the 3 principle mage families...
Oct 10, 2010 8:46 PM

Sep 2008
AICW said:

1. How did the Grail return for the 5th War?
The anime made it clear that Saber and/or Kiritsugu terminated it in the 4th. Is it basically indestructible, and does that mean there'll be a 6th War unless someone does something to prevent it?

2. Why did the 5th War start only 10 years after the 4th? That seems way too soon, and the way people are talking, the 3rd War happened a long time ago, same with the 1st and 2nd.

3. Is it possible for a Grail War to take place in Germany? Since the Einzberns are the only non-Japanese family of the 3 principle mage families...

All that is explained in the VN, and I highly recommend playing it.

But if you are very, very curious and don't give a fuck about the VN (Your loss):

EmmanuelVROct 10, 2010 8:49 PM
Oct 10, 2010 9:13 PM

Feb 2010
I think I will have more questions later on (as I go through the VN on youtube ---> Yeah I know it's lame but I don't have the VN so i have no choice right now)...but anyways one quick question:

In the UBW movie, they show Rin, Saber and Shirou fighting these skeleton creatures at school. I know the movie seems to imply that they were created and sent possibly by Caster but the VN doesn't show that (I'm at the part where Caster lured Shirou to the Ryudou temple). Where did the scene of Rin, Saber and Shirou vs. the skeleton-looking creatures come from?
Oct 10, 2010 9:42 PM

Apr 2010
I guess what I'm about to say is kinda vague so I'm gonna leave it unspoilered.

Gee, so some nobody shows up after Saber blows up the Grail in 2/3 routes and basically goes "lol nice try but this is how ya REALLY blow up the Grail." That's pretty hilarious.

On that note, why the hell didn't Saber ever wonder to herself, "HEY WAIT A MINUTE. I blew that shit up ten years ago, why's it back again?!" Of course, Saber being Saber, minus the profanity...

I knew about the 60 year part thing beforehand from somewhere. But damn, I didn't know about the 30 year thing. I had thought that the 3rd War happened during World War II, ahahaha. What better way to hide a Grail War than to have it during an actual war, when United States firebombs (and hell, maybe the nukes too) could easily cover up Servant battles?
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Movie Vs. Anime

TheOmniPantheon - Jan 18

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Jan 21, 10:05 AM

» Should I watch this before the TV series?

Potchy - Sep 7, 2016

6 by user16726985 »»
Sep 3, 2023 8:28 PM

» Do i need to watch it?

Zeroth_JK - Sep 23, 2021

5 by tadaimaa »»
Jul 26, 2022 5:22 PM

» how the f does...(spoilers)

kaena - Dec 3, 2011

17 by theangelsweep »»
Mar 11, 2019 12:36 AM

» UBW Rin's route, but not Rin's story (spoilers)

Haneken2086 - May 22, 2018

0 by Haneken2086 »»
May 22, 2018 9:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.