Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2010 7:46 PM

May 2010
sallym613 said:
Oh, just so that I wouldn't make my previous comment way too long (than it already is)...

I've always wonder about how Gilgamesh would react if he saw Saber in that beautiful white-and-blue dress (during when she was captured by Caster) o__O *cough cough*

if i remember correctly in the VN she saw saber when she was a captive
Oct 5, 2010 8:22 PM

Feb 2010
frozen_soul said:
sallym613 said:
Oh, just so that I wouldn't make my previous comment way too long (than it already is)...

I've always wonder about how Gilgamesh would react if he saw Saber in that beautiful white-and-blue dress (during when she was captured by Caster) o__O *cough cough*

if i remember correctly in the VN she saw saber when she was a captive

do you mean "she" or actually "he" as in Gilgamesh? xD (Just making sure)
So did he acknowledge at her at all lol?
Oct 5, 2010 10:36 PM

Aug 2010
Birix2 said:
jiyuudansei said:
. Obviously they went all out with that here, I've never ever seen such constant quality of animation. It was indeed, a joy to look at.

Check out Kara no Kyoukai for consistant quality of animation as it beats this by a fair margin in my eyes. It is to date one of the most aesthetically pleasing anime's I've ever seen with regards to the art and animation, simply amazing, even the fight scenes are superb, just check out the first movie with Shiki on the rooftop scene, I was left in awe.

But I will agree this was very well done all the same, except for some bits here and there which caught my eye, hell it was the main thing that kept me watching, and I rarely watch something just for visuals alone.

I have watched all of the KnK movies and while I was very pleased with the animation and CGs such as the one you've mentioned, its quality wasn't consistent. There are certain parts in the movie were they obviously skimped on the animation (e.g. 4th movie fights, parts of the 5th movie etc.) and even if there wasn't for that, I found UBW to have reached a higher level of quality, that surprisingly, was kept at that (where they easily could have saved some money). As for the story in KnK movies, all I can say is that it felt as if I was watching a F/SN anime/movie without previously playing the game.
Oct 5, 2010 11:37 PM

Apr 2007
This whole movie was like a giant orgasm for me. It was sooooo awesome! I will never call Shirou a lame character again! Archer is even more badass than normal, too. I loved it!

20/10!
Blergh.
Oct 6, 2010 12:03 AM

Aug 2008
jiyuudansei said:
I have watched all of the KnK movies and while I was very pleased with the animation and CGs such as the one you've mentioned, its quality wasn't consistent. There are certain parts in the movie were they obviously skimped on the animation (e.g. 4th movie fights, parts of the 5th movie etc.) and even if there wasn't for that, I found UBW to have reached a higher level of quality, that surprisingly, was kept at that (where they easily could have saved some money). As for the story in KnK movies, all I can say is that it felt as if I was watching a F/SN anime/movie without previously playing the game.

The movie is entertaining but no way compare with the movies of KNK, the UBW movie is a nice resume of the VN nothing else.
DurackOct 6, 2010 12:08 AM
Oct 6, 2010 2:34 AM

Feb 2010
I would rate this movie as so-so. I understand 1 hr and 45 min is not enough for the whole UBW route but I think there are lots of things that are gone missing and making the whole movie rather confusing.

I am a bit disappointed by this movie because I have great expectations from it and I'm a F/SN fan too so while watching the movie, I compare it to the original story in the VN and I found that there are lots of missing points that are essential in order to understand the story. In the end the only message this movie gave to me is "This is all we got, go and play the VN to view the rest and to fully understand the plot" and damn! what the heck, I could give a better summary of UBW than that of the movie.

The fighting scenes are good, however it can't beat KnK. I also cried a little when Ilya was killed by that stupid goldie,and I can't get over this because I like Ilya the most. In the end I really wanted the good end to be filmed rather than the true end because I'm a fan of harem.

@Durack Where did you get that one? I rewatch the scene and it is better than the one you've got.
ratratrat098Oct 6, 2010 2:39 AM
Oct 6, 2010 3:19 AM

Aug 2009
I enjoyed it quite alot, mostly the action scenes.

I know how bad the story is, but I filled up the missing parts with my own prior knowledge/memory. Acknowledging the fact that a complete noob to F/SN would have absolutely NO IDEA what is happening. (Or appreciate the depth of it)

The animation is awesome (I watched the Bluray one), no complains there.

Also, Rin is soooooo cute in the movie!

I gave it a 9/10 since they didn't make the 'KING OF HEROES, DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH SWORDS' bit GAR enough.

Rated it according to how much I enjoyed the show, and I watched the movie to see the exciting bits animated out, which was done very well.
ch-shireOct 6, 2010 3:23 AM
Oct 6, 2010 5:06 AM

Jun 2008
I never played the game, i only watched the anime, so, for a movie, this was overall good. The animation was just perfect, and also i liked Shirou´s personality here much more, because i hated Shirou on the anime, he was so Emo.
Loved Rin, Archer and Lancer here. Saber was a disappointment.
and no matter what, Gilgamesh is the coolest and hottest villain ever, too bad in this version he doesnt love Saber and is even more cruel, but seeing him in the movie with his hair down, totally made my day.
The action scenes were outstanding;D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 6, 2010 7:51 AM

Jun 2008
Those who said the movie is awesome are just in for the action, seriously.

The scenes hardly connected the dots and each part of the story was only briefly touched on.

It was like "LOL U ARE ME COS WE HAVE THE SAME PENDANT" instead of showing any character development and thought process.

I'd rather they break it down like evangelion than rush through it like this.
Oct 6, 2010 9:27 AM
Nov 2009
Well, that was fun.

It's either 7 or 6/10 for me.
Oct 6, 2010 10:03 AM

Jul 2009
THIS bumped it from a 7 to an 8 for me.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Oct 6, 2010 10:20 AM

Feb 2009
^SO MUCH WIN!!
Oct 6, 2010 11:10 AM

Dec 2007
Best movie ever 10/10.
Oct 6, 2010 11:29 AM

Dec 2009
I don't understand why people complain so much. It is obvious you can adapt the entire route into a movie. Despite the length of the movie, I think they did a great job, especially on the action scenes. A 8 for me.
Oct 6, 2010 11:31 AM

Aug 2010
Durack said:

The movie is entertaining but no way compare with the movies of KNK, the UBW movie is a nice resume of the VN nothing else.

Whatever, I stand by what I said, F/SN looks better than KnK at its best. As for the other thing you said, yeah, you're right, but to me KnK still sucked as much as every TYPE-MOON anime.
Oct 6, 2010 11:35 AM
Jun 2009
I loved the graphics, and Archer was FRIGIN' GAR. But the VN is still SO much better. This movie left out so many good parts, and it was rushed. It barely touched on the best scenes (e.g. Berserker's death was so anti-climatic). Lancer didn't get to hit on Rin as much, and the last scene before Archer disappeared just wasn't as emotional as the VN's scene.

Still a great movie though; it was well worth waiting for. Now I feel like playing the VN path again.
Oct 6, 2010 1:36 PM

Feb 2010
jiachern said:
they didn't make the 'KING OF HEROES, DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH SWORDS' bit GAR enough.

This I agree with

Linkark07 said:
I don't understand why people complain so much. It is obvious you can adapt the entire route into a movie. Despite the length of the movie, I think they did a great job, especially on the action scenes. A 8 for me.

Umm...if there were no limits like the budget issues and stuff..then its obvious you can put the whole route into a movie >_> And theres always a budget for every movie.
If I were me back then, I don't think I would have complained as much but plot and character development are starting to be some things that I'm looking forward to a lot in animes/mangas/other shows because I have already watched too many animes/read too many mangas where theres a lot of action but the plot/character development was so-so

Mystere said:
It barely touched on the best scenes (e.g. Berserker's death was so anti-climatic). Lancer didn't get to hit on Rin as much, and the last scene before Archer disappeared just wasn't as emotional as the VN's scene.

-I felt the same way about Berserker's and Ilya's death. I just rewatched the movie the 2nd time last night and their deaths werent as emotional as it should be >___< I wish they added the flashbacks...so that no matter how many times I would watch those scenes, it would still be a touching and tear-jerking moment ;__;
-Umm...Lancer did that in the VN lol? Wasn't sure if that was supposed to be a play on humor or something
-I agree that scene with Archer wasn't as touching...and Archer has bigger eyes o_o
Oct 6, 2010 2:45 PM

May 2009
This movie didn't disappoint with all the awesome action and incredible music, that's for sure. Kawai Kenji is seriously amazing - he can make anything epic. The presentation was overall very good, with fluid animation and nice art.

With only just having started playing the VN, I can't really compare them yet, but I did feel that the movie had too fast pacing, switching of scenes and not enough character development. I think it should've been a bit longer, but maybe it wouldn't have helped much.

Even so, the story wasn't very confusing at all, especially having watched the anime, so people who haven't played the VN can definitely enjoy the movie, even if it's probably mostly for the action.
Oct 6, 2010 2:51 PM

May 2008
The first half of this movie was not that great. They were trying to put too much stuff into those scenes. In the TV adaption what they went through was like 18 episodes. It was really weird when they went from one fight to the next.

BUT the last half of the movie was pure WIN. Since the first half wasn't all too awesome but I guess that was the best way to put get in everything they could 8/10
Oct 6, 2010 4:30 PM
Jan 2010
It was nice seeing this animated even though some scenes were left out but what else would you expect cramming an entire route into a movie. Has been so long since i've played the game so i might play it again just to remind myself of all the details
Oct 6, 2010 4:56 PM
Dec 2009
the fight scenes and animation were kickass

I would've been totally lost if I didn't watch the tv series beforehand, but I did, so that point is moot

I'm really pissed that Gilgamesh assassinated Ilya like that, so sad. but on the other hand, we get to see Lancer be awesome and go out with a bang.

9/10
justanotheruser1Oct 6, 2010 5:02 PM
Oct 6, 2010 6:37 PM

Aug 2009
Shirou was totally badass in the movie compare to the show. the fight scenes were great but the transition from one scene to another was terrible. Saber didn't play a huge role which was disappointing but she is not the main lead in this scenario so I understand. As I thought putting UBW in a movie for less than 2 hours won't be that great but since I'm a Fate/Stay Night fan I'll give it 8/10
Oct 6, 2010 7:42 PM

Mar 2010
No words. Just amazing.
I got froze on my sit when I was watching
this movie. It is somehow a bit complicated
and make you thoughts many "hypothesis" for
each plot or climax .

Just...amazing .. I think i'm gonna rewatch this again
next time. "Unlimited Blade Works" focused on Archer
identity and story as an ideals future of Shirou .
I'm not giving any spoilers but if you want to watch it ,
then buy the DVD blu-ray by yourself.

I tell you , once you watch the 1st seconds of it , you'll get
froze on your sit and maybe on your mind "holy shit! this was epic!"
yeah something like that..But the condition is you must had watch all of the
FSN series and then you'll fully enjoy this movie.Great work STUDIO DEEN !
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2010 2:46 AM
Nov 2008
Archer PWNS.....that is all! :3
Oct 7, 2010 3:26 AM

Oct 2009
wheresthehandle said:
THIS bumped it from a 7 to an 8 for me.

Yes, that face of Rin was priceless ^_^
Oct 7, 2010 8:45 AM

Nov 2007
It was a pretty good movie, I enjoyed it for what it's worth. The fight scenes were very well done.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 7, 2010 10:06 AM

Feb 2010
No H-scenes from the VN -_-
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Oct 7, 2010 10:37 AM

Apr 2010
Cashdaxxx said:

Would be interesting what they use for Heaven's Feel if they animated that scenario as well lol.
Oct 7, 2010 12:54 PM

May 2009
DoubleDango said:
I saw dolphins.
This made me laugh out loud for some reason. I saw a dolphin too.
Oct 7, 2010 1:28 PM

Aug 2007
As I thought, trying to compress a route that takes several hours to read into an hour and 45 minutes was a stupid ass idea. I felt like I was watching cliffnotes; the story was completely disjointed and several scenes - particularly those of introspection and, of course, Berserker's flashback scene - were inexplicably missing. The film needed to be somewhere around twice as long to even begin to be considered a complete adaptation. As it is now, it's just another shit stain on DEEN's growing list of absolute failures.

I think the only redeeming value the film had was its beautiful animation. It was amazing to look at, and of course it was awesome to see all of the fights, however condensed many of them were, animated in such a high quality. Outside of the fights, however, there are a few scenes that were clearly animated (or rather, not so animated) with the idea of containing the budget.

The music was okay; there were a few good pieces. However, I continue to be frustrated by the fact that Kawai still can't seem to compose a decent arrangement of Emiya. I felt the fight between Shirou and Archer was lacking due in part to the fact that the piece was so subdued and completely unlike its visual novel counterpart.

It just sickens me that this piece of mediocre trash is getting such positive reviews from those who are (and I'm not trying to be insulting here) ignorant of the visual novel. There's no doubt that a lot of work and effort was put into animating the movie, but it is completely lacking, as all of DEEN's VN adaptations are, in its adaptation of the story, which should be unarguably considered the most important part of Unlimited Blade Works. The film conveys nearly nothing - in terms of both themes and character development - that the original visual novel did, and those aspects it does convey are shallow shadows of their VN counterparts.

I don't even want to think about how badly they'll end up adapting Heaven's Feel. With any luck it will be in the form of another series, whether it be a TV series, a series of films, or an OVA series. But even then, when DEEN is the studio behind it, it's hard to be even somewhat optimistic. They usually fail when it comes to visual novel adaptations. Of course, individual directors are to blame as well - Chiaki Kon essentially deconstructed the When They Cry series into a lifeless, soulless entity that failed at expressing any and all of the ranges of emotion of the original novels. Fate has been a luckier series I suppose, but not by much. Even the adaptation of the Fate route suffered from, in my opinion, very poor direction.
Oct 7, 2010 1:30 PM

Sep 2008
I was incredibly let down with this movie. Action scenes is all the entire movie has. All the story in between each fight was taken out. If you had read the VN then yeah, this was great for you. For those who hadn't though, I don't see how they could even consider enjoying this. All the stuff that made UBW line great was taken out. It's just one fight after another. I mean that's awesome in it's own way, but not what I was wanting. Really wanted less fighting that what we got and more story.

Was it just me or everytime the chant was said in the movie did it have like 1/2 of the lines cut out of it?

Berserker/Gilgamesh fight was no where near as epic as it should have been. Gilg doesn't even show the respect in the movie like he did in the VN as they were both demigods.

Shirou/Archer fight was completely missing the element that Shirou was constantly on the verge of losing.

Shirou/Gilg fight was about spot on what I was expecting.

Lancer killing Kirei was just as awesome in the movie as it was in the VN. I was thrilled about that, as that was probably my favorite part in the VN.

H-scene being gone was completely understandable, but it's replacement was even more strange than what they did for the one in the TV series. Purpose made sense so Rin was still mad at Shiro at the end, but dolphins? Wtf?

I love when anime make changes to the story, but this is less of a case of change and a whole lot more of "lets just take this out".
Oct 7, 2010 3:44 PM

Feb 2010
antonn said:
Cashdaxxx said:

Would be interesting what they use for Heaven's Feel if they animated that scenario as well lol.

Nah...it can't be...HF is comprised of H-scenes nothing more..what will happen if they will censor it all???

-Vid said:
I thought this was pretty excellent. Obviously, many things felt rushed, without an explanation.. but really? You can't fit so much storyline into a movie. Movies will always be inferior. 9/10 for me, I'm a huge Archer fan anyway, and this made me like Emiya a bit more too. The fights were pretty amazing, stuff was good.

Dolphin's pwned. Rin must've had a very tragic experience in her past that was connected to an aquarium or the sea?:(

It's not rushed. Watched the 1st season and play the Visual novel

ebsixtynine said:
I was incredibly let down with this movie. Action scenes is all the entire movie has. All the story in between each fight was taken out. If you had read the VN then yeah, this was great for you. For those who hadn't though, I don't see how they could even consider enjoying this. All the stuff that made UBW line great was taken out. It's just one fight after another. I mean that's awesome in it's own way, but not what I was wanting. Really wanted less fighting that what we got and more story. UBW = Fight for Emiya/Shirou...remember that

Was it just me or everytime the chant was said in the movie did it have like 1/2 of the lines cut out of it? Do you actually expect that everything would fit in a 1hour 40min time limit?? the lines that were cut are either a nuisance or just takes time to do...why make things harder??

Berserker/Gilgamesh fight was no where near as epic as it should have been. Gilg doesn't even show the respect in the movie like he did in the VN as they were both demigods.They're not the Main cast of the story so we should leave it like that...respect?? never saw that

Shirou/Archer fight was completely missing the element that Shirou was constantly on the verge of losing.He always loses..lol...

Shirou/Gilg fight was about spot on what I was expecting.I don't get what you're talking...

Lancer killing Kirei was just as awesome in the movie as it was in the VN. I was thrilled about that, as that was probably my favorite part in the VN.Agreed

H-scene being gone was completely understandable, but it's replacement was even more strange than what they did for the one in the TV series. Purpose made sense so Rin was still mad at Shiro at the end, but dolphins? Wtf?Censorship my friend...censorship...they even cut the H-scene of Saber and Shirou in the first season...so this is expected..

I love when anime make changes to the story, but this is less of a case of change and a whole lot more of "lets just take this out".Limitations are inevitable...V.N. usually cost at least days to play...compare it to the movie...
IN BOLD
CashdaxOct 7, 2010 3:51 PM
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Oct 7, 2010 4:10 PM

Sep 2008
I didn't expect everything to fit into the time frame, but seriously they couldn't fit in the extra 30 seconds to complete the chants? It was just kinda important seeing as the chants are where the movie/story line gets it freaking name.

As for you missing the respect thing for Berserker from Gilg, go read it again. Gilg makes mention of them both being demigods etc etc. Movie, Berserker just gets blasted away. And how is Gilgamesh not a primary character? He was more of a nemesis than Archer was in the story. If we wanna use video game terms Archer = sub-boss and Gilgamesh = end boss.

Emiya vs Archer. VN Emiya is fighting to stay alive, even at one point the swords he creates are apparently partially attached to his hands so he can keep hold of them. Movie, none of that. They portrayed it like it wasn't that desperate of a fight, I didn't even get a hint of such a vibe.

Shirou vs Gilg. I don't see how that was confusing. They portrayed it about what I expected them to and it wasn't too different from the VN.

H-scene. Umm, pretty sure I understood the change here. I'm fully aware it was censorship. Again though, why in the world were there dolphins?
Oct 7, 2010 4:59 PM

Sep 2009
this could of easily been turned into another tv series...I wanna see more Fate/Stay Night dammit!
Oct 7, 2010 5:19 PM

Feb 2010
ebsixtynine said:
I was incredibly let down with this movie. Action scenes is all the entire movie has. All the story in between each fight was taken out. If you had read the VN then yeah, this was great for you. For those who hadn't though, I don't see how they could even consider enjoying this. All the stuff that made UBW line great was taken out. It's just one fight after another. I mean that's awesome in it's own way, but not what I was wanting. Really wanted less fighting that what we got and more story. UBW = Fight for Emiya/Shirou...remember that

Was it just me or everytime the chant was said in the movie did it have like 1/2 of the lines cut out of it? Do you actually expect that everything would fit in a 1hour 40min time limit?? the lines that were cut are either a nuisance or just takes time to do...why make things harder??

Berserker/Gilgamesh fight was no where near as epic as it should have been. Gilg doesn't even show the respect in the movie like he did in the VN as they were both demigods.They're not the Main cast of the story so we should leave it like that...respect?? never saw that

Shirou/Archer fight was completely missing the element that Shirou was constantly on the verge of losing.He always loses..lol...

Shirou/Gilg fight was about spot on what I was expecting.I don't get what you're talking...

Lancer killing Kirei was just as awesome in the movie as it was in the VN. I was thrilled about that, as that was probably my favorite part in the VN.Agreed

(Putting my replies in order of paragraph):

1. To ebsixtynine: Well the transition from one scene to another wasnt as smooth as it should be. People who enjoyed this movie (w/out reading VN or watching anime) are in for the action...which UBW is full of >.> There are some people who read the VN that didn't enjoy it.

2. To ebsixtynine: Yeah. I didn't like that either but unfortunately there are time limits and budget to think about.
To Cashdaxxx : "the lines that were cut are either a nuisance or just takes time to do...why make things harder??" = UBW chant is a nuisance what?? o_O

3. To ebsixtynine: Not only that, but Berserker's and Ilya's deaths werent as emotional and tragic without those flashback scenes =/
To Cashdaxx: It's true that Berserker isnt the main character (but Gilgamesh is essentially the big near-of-the-end-game boss as someone mentioned so he would be considered "important", not necessarily the "main character" I guess?)..but it would be nice if they added more to Berserker scene anyways =/

4. Shirou/Archer fight wasnt as exciting as I hoped. I really don't know what I was looking for but it didnt feel as epic =/ I mean the fight was well animated, but it didnt personally get me entirely engaged in it.

5. Shirou/Gilgamesh fight was one of my most fav. battles here. I think they did it pretty well (though I couldn't help but laugh at how Gilgamesh repeatedly said "Bastard" because it sounded funny how he said it xD). But the part when Shirou shouted "Unlimited Blade Works", it was just a little weird IMO how they animated the scenes w/ them going around Shirou at different angles o_o

And the part where he said "Here I come, King of Heroes. Do you have enough weapons at your disposal", he didn't say it in an epic and cool voice like he's supposed to ..(more like he said it in a rushed, impatient voice lol). I had the impression that he was standing there (very determined and all) in front of Gilgamesh saying all that stuff =0 But other than that, I really liked how the fight was animated :)

6. I liked the scene when Lancer killed Kirei as well. And Shinji was acting like a...crazy maniac here x_X Never liked him.

By the way Cashdaxxx, I like your avatar
Oct 7, 2010 10:06 PM
Jul 2009
AilisKnil said:
As I thought, trying to compress a route that takes several hours to read into an hour and 45 minutes was a stupid ass idea. I felt like I was watching cliffnotes; the story was completely disjointed and several scenes - particularly those of introspection and, of course, Berserker's flashback scene - were inexplicably missing. The film needed to be somewhere around twice as long to even begin to be considered a complete adaptation. As it is now, it's just another shit stain on DEEN's growing list of absolute failures.

You'd have to blame Geneon for the short running time. They made the call, and it's safe to say that a complete adaptation wasn't what they were aiming for.

It just sickens me that this piece of mediocre trash is getting such positive reviews from those who are (and I'm not trying to be insulting here) ignorant of the visual novel. There's no doubt that a lot of work and effort was put into animating the movie, but it is completely lacking, as all of DEEN's VN adaptations are, in its adaptation of the story, which should be unarguably considered the most important part of Unlimited Blade Works. The film conveys nearly nothing - in terms of both themes and character development - that the original visual novel did, and those aspects it does convey are shallow shadows of their VN counterparts.

Alas, the movie also received a positive response from Japanese viewers, who were familiar with the original work. I guess they were in it just for slick action scenes.
Oct 7, 2010 11:53 PM

Mar 2010
I got a few question....

#1 : This topic named in the end "Episode 1" , does that means there s episode 2?

#2: Rin did said to Lancer , "I like people like YOU ", did they inlove each other ?

#3 : Archer and shirou....damn i forgot the question! >.<!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2010 12:01 AM

Jan 2010
The movie was awesome. loved Rin, Lancer and Archer. I liked the fight scenes of Gilgamesh and Shirou there.
Oct 8, 2010 1:39 AM
Feb 2009
Sebastian333 said:
I got a few question....

#1 : This topic named in the end "Episode 1" , does that means there s episode 2?

#2: Rin did said to Lancer , "I like people like YOU ", did they inlove each other ?

#3 : Archer and shirou....damn i forgot the question! >.<!

1. No.
2. Lancer's feelings are one-sided. It's not made very obvious in the movie because he only says one line regarding her "beauty".
3. I don't know what you want to ask, but there are only a few questions one could possibly have regarding Shirou and Archer, so I'll take a blind guess here.

Heavy Spoilers alert
Oct 8, 2010 7:04 AM

Sep 2008
This movie is like watching the VN while holding the ctrl button.
Oct 8, 2010 7:38 AM

Apr 2009
i'll admit i just watched it for the fight scenes.
so fucking epic.
Oct 8, 2010 8:02 AM
Jul 2007
If you took the VN seriously, this movie would be an abomination. I'll admit the first 22 mins of the movie are good, but after that point where Shinji is revealed as a master to Rin, the movie's pacing goes out of control. The animation and music is good enough, but WHY cut out what makes the VN good??? For example the Berserker vs Gilgamesh and Illya's death are SUPPOSED to be just as or more epic than Shirou vs Gilgamesh fight. It's the CLIMAX. Why don't we see Illya's eyes sliced up, Berserk regenerating with his 9+ lives against Gilgamesh, Illya crying and crawling on the ground...All the director wanted to do is reduce the REAL epicness behind every fight and scene to nonsense. It's as if they were determined to make the last fight of the movie the best fight, even if it meant reducing the previous fights to trash. They have to follow some strict generic action movie rule for some freaking retarded reason. Thanks a lot studio DEEN. It's like they didn't give a crap about the story at all. So yes, it's a good action movie, but it'll never make a top 10 list because it's not a complete movie; it lacks the plot that drawed in the VN fanbase to watch in the first place. Anime-only viewers won't really notice, fortunately for them. This movie had SO much potential to be like top 5 anime movie of all time, but they are freaking dumb enough to screw it up with leaving out scenes and making a 1.5 hr movie. Someone make a petition for them to release OVAs and also for a real H scene with no CG dragon or dolphin!
eraltergOct 8, 2010 8:23 AM
Oct 8, 2010 1:38 PM

Sep 2007
Question: What was the movie Fate/Unimited Blade Works about?

a) Master and Servants fighting in order to obtain the holy grail but at the end it's been destroyed either way
b) Archer switcing from good to evil, back to good in merely 2 minutes
c) Random dancing people
d) Dolphins

Oct 8, 2010 2:20 PM

Sep 2008
Sallym613- Seriously, we had like a minute and a half of nothing but Gilgamesh aimlessly swing a sword yelling bastard but they couldn't do the whole chant? Just a fine example of where time could have been made for more important things to the story.
Oct 8, 2010 3:11 PM

Jul 2007
Really lame movie. Rated it a 5 instead of the 7 from the series. Character development was only for tohsaka / shirou. The overall story was stupd (as in it didn't make sense at all) ... it's just ... just .. sad it turned out this way.
Oct 8, 2010 6:32 PM

Feb 2010
ebsixtynine said:
Sallym613- Seriously, we had like a minute and a half of nothing but Gilgamesh aimlessly swing a sword yelling bastard but they couldn't do the whole chant? Just a fine example of where time could have been made for more important things to the story.

Hmmm I guess you're right. Though I don't think I ever said that they shouldn't add the chant in =P It actually felt a little weird watching those parts where Shirou/Archer didn't complete the chants...it certainly doesnt feel...complete (I don't know another good word for "complete")

[Btw..I've rewatched the battle and timed the amt. of time that Gilgamesh was yelling "bastard" during the fight...it was actually 13-15 secs lol...so it actually wasnt even as long as you claim. Just saying xD]

And since there is a time limit and a budget to worry about, what would you have done to make the movie more successful? Besides adding in the whole UBW chants. Because I don't think its easy cramming all of the route into one 1hr, 45 mins. (?) movie in the first place. Not saying that we shouldn't give any criticism about the movie at all, but I don't think we should be too hard on the producers...unless you yourself think that you can handle all the directing and script w/in that timeframe better than they can o_o

Random: I think the seiyuu did a decent job on voicing Shirou but he somewhat fails on voicing the epic, cool side Shirou during the fight w/ Gilgamesh =/
sallym613Oct 8, 2010 6:35 PM
Oct 8, 2010 7:14 PM

Jan 2010
Sakaku said:
Question: What was the movie Fate/Unimited Blade Works about?

a) Master and Servants fighting in order to obtain the holy grail but at the end it's been destroyed either way
b) Archer switcing from good to evil, back to good in merely 2 minutes
c) Random dancing people
d) Dolphins

Dolphins ftw
Oct 8, 2010 10:25 PM

Jul 2008
To tell you the truth I didn't like the anime a whole lot but I liked this. story just seemed less predictable and less cliche. yeah sure it was rushed but its a movie so I don't think much about that. It was such a long time ago when I watched the anime series so comparing the two could be quite off.
Oct 9, 2010 12:58 AM
Mar 2010
LOL @ the incredible amount of people who are upset. You actually expected incredible plot from ONE movie?

Having read the VN, this movie was SUPERB because I was looking forward to see all the cool fight scenes! You want plot, go read the VN again.

And LOL @ one guy saying those that enjoy the movie are 8 years old. Comparing the VN to this movie is downright stupid. OF COURSE the VN is better! I feel this movie is for those that read and enjoyed the VN.
"From Baby Steps to Giant Strides"

This applies to life as well as my updating of my anime list
Oct 9, 2010 5:25 AM

Feb 2010
5layer said:
This movie is like watching the VN while holding the ctrl button.

this...agreed...and yeah

the movie is fast for those who haven't watched the VN yet..

WildKaiser said:
LOL @ the incredible amount of people who are upset. You actually expected incredible plot from ONE movie?

Having read the VN, this movie was SUPERB because I was looking forward to see all the cool fight scenes! You want plot, go read the VN again.

And LOL @ one guy saying those that enjoy the movie are 8 years old. Comparing the VN to this movie is downright stupid. OF COURSE the VN is better! I feel this movie is for those that read and enjoyed the VN.

I enjoyed the movie...does that mean I'm an 8 year old??

I'm mature enough to understand why they cut and replace some of the scenes...stupid?? make your own movie then
CashdaxOct 9, 2010 5:34 AM

Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Movie Vs. Anime

TheOmniPantheon - Jan 18

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Jan 21, 10:05 AM

» Should I watch this before the TV series?

Potchy - Sep 7, 2016

6 by user16726985 »»
Sep 3, 2023 8:28 PM

» Do i need to watch it?

Zeroth_JK - Sep 23, 2021

5 by tadaimaa »»
Jul 26, 2022 5:22 PM

» how the f does...(spoilers)

kaena - Dec 3, 2011

17 by theangelsweep »»
Mar 11, 2019 12:36 AM

» UBW Rin's route, but not Rin's story (spoilers)

Haneken2086 - May 22, 2018

0 by Haneken2086 »»
May 22, 2018 9:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.