Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 8, 2016 10:19 PM

Jun 2013

What's Your Favorite Light Novel?

What it's about
This is a thread to let everyone know what your current favorite Light Novel is!
This is a question that is asked by many, and is answered by more~

Some things to keep in mind about the thread are...

1. If you can, please post a cover of your favorite Light Novel!
It'll make the post that much more fun to read~

2. If you suddenly change favorites, just make a new post with the new favorite!
You'll also need to delete the old one!

3. You can add any type of criteria you want to your entry, but below is a nice little format if you're having trouble with what to put~

LN Entry Form
[center*][*img][/*img]
Name of the Light Novel: [Link + Name]

[*u]Why is it your favorite Light Novel?[/*u][/*center]

RanobeJul 8, 2016 11:07 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 9, 2016 8:15 AM

Feb 2014

Name of the Light Novel: Spice & Wolf

Why is it your favorite Light Novel?

Basically Spice & Wolf introduced me into the world of light novels. I still remember how much sleep time I sacrificed just to marathon this series.

Character development is definitely the highlight of this series. Especially the relationship between Holo and Lawrence, I enjoyed every bit of their sweet interactions and fun dialogues. Also, I did not expect some of the bargaining scenes to be that intense and intriguing. The medieval atmosphere is well created through the unique culture of the different towns and the people's lifestyles. It makes the two's journey even more memorable. All in all it was extremely satisfying to witness their journey from start to finish. I cherished all those heartwarming moments this LN provides.

I'm so excited for the sequel that's planned to release in September, it's like a dream come true for me. We're also getting two separate volumes which is amazing!

As a side note I had a hard time whether to put S & W or Alderamin on the Sky as my favorite. Alderamin is the best LN I have read in these 2 years but since it's still ongoing, I'll go with S & W for now.
Jul 9, 2016 2:49 PM
Nov 2015

Name of the Light Novel: Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria

Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria exceeded my expectations in every way. The dialogue, characters and the whole plot in general are just absolutely breathtaking.

One of its strongest points is the author's writing style. The narrations are well-written, maintaining the same mysterious atmosphere throughout the series as well as keeping the reader in the dark. Yet at the same time, the author drops just enough hints for the reader to pick up onto and begin to piece together the bigger picture.

The only thing I really disliked was its romance aspect, it was't bad, but it kind of ruined the otherwise dark theme.

Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria is definitely hands down the best LN I've read (though I haven't read many so...)
Jul 14, 2016 5:08 PM

Nov 2012

Name of the Light Novel: Spice and Wolf

To be honest Spice and Wolf was my first Light Novel I read from start to finish. And I absolutely loved it.

Even now after reading some more stuff, I still consider it to be the best of the best out there. From the world building to the characters, everything it has to offer just bought me instantly.

To this day, this is one of only two LN's that gave me quite serius PPDS (The other one was Mushoku Tensei, but there is no point talking about that, even though it was also very good) and that's what is the most important factor for me. When the story and presented world is able to let me completly sink into it, then it means it's doing it's job.

PS: Holo x Lawrence best pairing evah
GodZioJul 18, 2016 11:45 AM

Jul 16, 2016 8:29 AM

Jun 2014

Name of the Light Novel: Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

I think it's the first Light Novel that I've read and it left a great impression on me. I still remember how I read this non-stop for 6 hours, and how I got so addicted on reading that I continued reading it at school and social events.

The development of the story is nice, and I really enjoy the dark comedy in it. Personally, I think that it is pretty well written. The serious parts didn't get me bored, and the comedic parts always made me smile - sometimes they even got me laughing out loud. The sad parts also got me bawling.

Also, the way how the author describe things is remarkable. I can imagine almost every scene there is and feel myself get absorbed into the story. I actually got excited while imagining the scenes as I read it. That doesn't happen often.

Honestly though, I don't really like the ending, but at least it ended without a significant amount of questions left unanswered.

Anyways, I still really like this novel. I can imagine how I will go back and reread the novel one day.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » [CLOSED] ►► LNA Official Card Shop ◄◄ ( 1 2 )

Ranobe - Aug 2, 2016

70 by solace »»
Dec 25, 2020 12:15 AM

» Help me find the title of this LN

alysho10 - May 31, 2019

0 by alysho10 »»
May 31, 2019 8:18 AM

» manga which feels like your reading a light novel

foscor70 - Feb 3, 2018

1 by -daijoubu- »»
Mar 31, 2019 11:50 AM

» Light Novel

NatsukazeAi - Dec 29, 2018

1 by pedoropedoro »»
Jan 16, 2019 4:55 PM

Sticky: » [ACTIVE] ►► Add a LN to the Relations List◄◄

Ranobe - Jul 1, 2015

17 by valoon »»
Sep 9, 2018 6:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.